IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Story, Lucius, and Brook are captured by Scaevola and his guards, and only Elizabeth escapes. As the sun rises on the Ides of March, she tries desperately to get help to rescue her friends. However, they have a dilemma: they cannot mount a rescue mission and stop Scaevola's plot at the same time.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Story[/b], please roll Fast Talk. [b]Lucius[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], you may also attempt Fast Talk rolls.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The creatures wavered uncertainly for a moment, but in the end they remained where they were.
OOC,To keep things moving, I'll roll Fast Talk for everyone: [b]Story[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (5% base skill) to convince the creatures to leave: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Lucius[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (5% base skill) to convince the creatures to leave: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Brook[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (30% skill) to convince the creatures to leave: [dice]2[/dice]
Story/Brook Davies,Footsteps could be heard descending the stairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story/Brook Davies,The footsteps continued past, fading into the distance. "We have captured three more prisoners, [b]Akana[/b]," announced the a man's voice from the direction the footsteps had gone. "The rest were slain in battle. We have also taken some casualties."
"Not another step, or she dies!" Akana shouted. "What treachery is this?! When you take prisoners, it is customary to disarm them!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at his companions before looking back at the beastmen. Wishing there was something they could do.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook sighs, having achieved nothing. She looks at the hybrids, muttering under her breath.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The voices in the distance were now raised enough that all could hear them.

"Stop!" bellowed Decius Lupus. "Your fight is lost! We outnumber you and there is nowhere to go! Surrender now and you will not be mistreated. I will deliver you to Senator Germanicus who will see you get a fair trial." He paused. "I have a lot of blood on my hands today and would prefer no more be added. But by all the gods, if you harm that lady, I will slay you here and now."

"A sacrifice without the correct incantations and procedure would surely be a waste!" muttered Caelia.

"Great Thoth!" shouted Titus. "Master of law and wisdom! Behold the blasphemous behavior of one who claims to serve you!"

"We shall see who Thoth believes to be his true follower when he arrives!" declared Akana imperiously. "I think I know how a fair trial would go, so I will not be surrendering - but you will if you have any sense. Caelia Alba is correct that it would be wasteful to sacrifice her without the proper rituals, so I hope I do not need to waste her. Drop your weapons, all of you. You have until I finish chanting." With that, she began to sing, invoking the names of Thoth and Anubis.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story throws caution to the wind and yells the others hear him, "Don't you know it's rude to not invite everyone to the party?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There was the twang of a string, and the singing was cut off abruptly.

"Story, we're in here!" called Elizabeth in the distance. She sounded overjoyed.

"I will go retrieve your friends," said the man who had told Akana that he had captured the intruders. "All of you remain here until I return. I won't be long." Footsteps began to approach.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks relieved at Story and Lucius when she hears Elisabeth's voice. "She made it!" When she hears a man saying he'll retrieve Elisabeth's friends, she calls out immediately: "Careful! There are guards in here!!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

An Egyptian guard bearing a torch entered the creatures' chamber from the opposite end. When he saw them, he shuddered visibly, but he managed to continue. Standing up to his full height of six feet, he proclaimed boldly: "I have come for the prisoners! Stand aside!" The chimeras parted ranks to allow him to pass, and he entered the room where Story, Lucius, and Brook were chained. "Come with me if you want to live," he whispered to them, taking out a key and unlocking their manacles.
OOC,Guard's Sanity roll (current level 50) for seeing the creatures: [dice]0[/dice] Guard's Sanity loss for seeing the creatures: [dice]1[/dice] Guard's Idea roll (50% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good!: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook quickly stands, and tries to help Lucius get up, hoping he'll be able to stand.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story stands up and moves to help Lucius as well. As they follow the Egyptian guard out he makes sure he keeps his eyes on the ground as they pass by the beastmen.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius was able to walk with assistance. Story and Brook eased him to his feet and helped him out of the chamber. He clenched his eyes shut so that he didn't have to look at the monsters. The guard brought up the rear behind them, lighting the way with his torch. They passed through the guard room and into the chamber at the bottom of the stairs, where the guard indicated for them to go through the archway on the right, past the idol of Anubis.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
Freedom
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”