IC-Ep 3-Nightmare(Everyone else)

Story, Lucius, and Brook are captured by Scaevola and his guards, and only Elizabeth escapes. As the sun rises on the Ides of March, she tries desperately to get help to rescue her friends. However, they have a dilemma: they cannot mount a rescue mission and stop Scaevola's plot at the same time.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Nightmare(Everyone else)

Post by andyw666 »

Lupus' violently scarred features looked thoughtful. How can I help here?

"General, I am with you."

"I've spent years tracking men and beasts in the wild. Tracking is just reading a story of what has happened. The great city is much different of course, but I may yet be able to make some sense of the bloody footprints in the Theatre of Pompey, perhaps read that story. If there was perhaps one who did not act with the many, that man may be the ring leader?"

"With your leave, I shall head back to the bloodied Theatre."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

"I am with you, Germanicus. Tell me how I can best help. If it means returning to the temple of the Brotherhood under Scaevola's residence then so be it." Caelia stands resolute.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Germanicus manages a sad smile and nods.

"My heart is strengthened by your ardour, though my spirit is much troubled by what has transpired."

He turns to the priestess and gives her the ornate gold ring from around his thumb.

"Sacrifice to Venus so that she might guide our hands and hearts in avenging Caesar's murder. We have a great work before us and we shall be in need of her support before too long."

"And now, friends -for we are made such by Fortune and spilt blood- we shall make the first moves against our enemies. The assassins will want to present themselves to the people as the champions and liberators of Rome. It is vital that we seize that bid from them.
I pray that Marcus Antonius comes to my house at noon, it would be unfortunate if our strength was divided. And so all of you should meet me there too, but I need you to go into the City first. Go with open ears and a quick tongue, remind everyone of the good things Caesar did: lowering the cost of living, securing the grain supplies, limiting the power of the aristocracy. Make sure they understand he was the people's champion against the Optimates.

He sighs deeply and looks with sad eyes towards Caelia.

"That much for the mundane then and again I am forced to see you descend into the lion's den, my dear Caelia Alba. White your name and arms may be, but your heart's blood is fiery red. It is essential that we find the extent of this conspiracy and you, it appears, are close to its roots. Find out what the role of this Brotherhood is, if they are the architects of this foul plot, or merely profiting from it. Give me names, Caelia, and I will make them bleed. If you are in need of aid, send me an invitation for lunch and I will move the heavens to come find you. If you are asked to lure me to a place, add to the invitation that you'll make wine-boiled octopus. Scaevola knows it's my favourite and won't suspect a thing."

He claps his hands and smiles at the two soldiers.

"I am sure we'll able to make use of your tracking skills soon enough, Lupus, but now I need you and Artemis on the streets.You have your orders, men, back at my mansion at noon!"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Lupus, let's look for the veterans of the legion, those that Caesar was loyal to and helped get home from the battle fields. We need to talk to the about the greedy men, these murderous Optimates, trying to create their own kingdom here in Rome." Artemis smiled and nodded at the Senator. "Let us spend a few coin buying drinks to toast Caesar, Marc Anthony and our good General, I mean Senator Germanicus. We will find friends, Senator, ones you will find to be of great use.

Artemis nodded at the Senator again with a deep smile, saluted the veteran officer, and pivoted to leave with Lupus. Artemis adjusted his clothing and the fibula that held the cloak in place. He took a deep breath and stepped back out in the Forum.
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by DrkRoxas »

OOC,it seems I didn't subscribe to this thread and thought I did, so I never got any notifications, I'm so sorry, am I still able to join the party or has the ship sailed? Mr. Handy, you could tell me what I've been doing and I take it from there if possible, I'm sorry again.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It's okay. Yes, you can still join in. You haven't really done anything since you fell asleep. Just read this thread so far to catch up and post when you're ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus slowly steps into the crowd, still shaken by how abrupt all these events were, and what a turmoil this was.

"So it seems despite everything we were too late... I won't accept this, please tell me in what I can be of assistance, perhaps I can go with you, Lady Caelia, they won't suspect a lowlife thief like me being with the authorities." He says as he looks at her, with his signature grin gone, his eyes filled with determination, as he closed his fists with great strength.

"Perhaps you could use me as an excuse for coming back, bringing a new "follower" to the brotherhood." Marcus said as he raised his head. "The more we can attack them from the inside, the better. They won't know what hit them."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia watches the soldiers stride away into the crowd and then turns to Germanicus, "Thank you Senator, knowing I am in your thoughts will help bolster my resolve in the lion's den." She smiles,"Really? Boiled Octopus? It is a good plan though; rescued by cephalopod. I shall start back at Scaevola's residence, after returning home to don something more suitable than this frivolous and blood stained affair."

She takes the senator's hands, "I think you may have the harder ordeal keeping the Rome's politics from sinking into chaos; the Gods know how we to survive now, even without Scaevola's machinations. Good luck Germanicus, dear friend." She kisses him lightly on both cheeks and then turns away into the crowd, motioning Marcus to go with her.

"So, you are a thief? And there I was thinking you were an actor from one of Livius Andronicus' comedies." She walks swiftly, forcing the red headed man to keep up.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Feel free to keep roleplaying. I can't advance things in this thread until some things are resolved in the other one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Lupus marched out with Artemis.

"Right, so our plan is to visit taverns and speak to the old soldiers? As luck would have it, I have a passing knowledge of the taverns of Rome. And I certainly feel like an old soldier today. Let's cause some mischief." Lupus claps his colleague on the shoulder.

Glancing back, he calls, "We shall see you at noon, General."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

'Aye Lupus, let's have some fun. Lead on my friend. For there are thirsts to quench, and brothers to find." Arty said with a bit of a sigh, but Lupus' willingness to help and his knowledge of Rome's watering holes, there was a thread of hope laced within his words as well.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

OOC,Would it be appropriate for [b]Lupus[/b] to make a [i]Know[/i] roll or some relevant skill roll ([i]Status[/i] or [i]Republic[/i] or some such, I have no real idea) to find the right taverns?
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Germanicus saluted the soldiers and watched as Caelia and Marcus left, before turning towards the priestess.

"I trust Caesar can remain under the vigil of Venus until we have made preparations to transport his body to his house?"

" Claudius, go to the office of the heralds with all the haste you can summon from your deformed body. Have them announce in all the suburbs of the City that the body of the hero of the people, Gaius Julius Caesar, will be transported in procession from the Temple of Venus Genetrix to his house at the tenth hour of the day. In honour of Caesar's passing, all grain rations in the subura will be doubled for today."
"Next, messengers should be sent to all senators that the Senate of Rome invites all its upright members to join in the procession. Go now and meet me at Caesar's house. I feel, I may have a few things to explain to Calpurnia."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Claudius is anxious about leaving his master in the current circumstances.

“Master, of course I will do your bidding, but I fear for your safety” he mutters uncomfortably, shifting from foot to foot.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Germanicus slaps Claudius with a resounding backhand and scowls.

My safety is inconsequential when the very existence of the Republic is at stake! Go and do as you are told.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Claudius stumbles off to do as he is bid. His cheek smarts from the blow he received.

"A pox on him and his republic" he mutters. "I hope it does all fall. What good is it anyway?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Decius Lupus[/b] has been in Rome long enough to know of several suitable taverns. There's no need to roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia strides through the streets; many people are wandering around aimlessly, exclaiming about the dark sky; the torch lighters have been roused from their sleep to relight the street torches but it is still dark and shadowy in many places. She occasionally looks back to see if Marcus is following her. She plans to stop at her house, get changed and then head straight to Scaevola's residence.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,They don't actually have torches or lamps in the streets of Rome, due to the risk of fire. [b]Germanicus[/b], [b]Claudius[/b], [b]Titus[/b], and [b]Decius[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Awakenings
OOC,[b]Caelia[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
The Messenger
OOC,[b]Aricus[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Morituri Te Salutemas
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below:
The Morning After
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death