Page 1 of 1

The Zero Room - OOC Chat Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:55 am
by Mr. Handy
The Zero Room is a room in the TARDIS that is cut off from the rest of the universe, where you can come to relax and chat. All Out of Character discussion, whether game-related or not, can take place here.

Re: The Zero Room - OOC Chat Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:18 pm
by DrPeterson
Yay!

I'm looking forward to this!

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:57 pm
by jaysun81
Checking in.

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:06 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, both of you. I ran out of time tonight, so I wasn't able to put up any more threads yet, but I hope to get some of them posted during the week. The character creation thread will probably come next weekend.

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:30 pm
by yockenthwaite
Also checking in. Looking forward to playing Elizabeth again :D

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:13 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, and welcome back! :D I won't be able to get anything done tonight, and tomorrow night doesn't look good either, but I may have time on Wednesday night to get the Introduction and the TARDIS crew's IC thread going. Lucius is currently an NPC (unless we find a player to take over the character), and Brook's player may not be able to post too often, but you can still get some character interaction while the TARDIS is in transit and the other players are creating their characters.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:18 pm
by Vladd
Count me in as well

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back, Vladd!

The introductory thread is up now, and so is the IC thread for the TARDIS crew. The four of you can post there while everyone else creates characters. I hope to have the TARDIS crew's character sheets and character creation information posted this weekend.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy
I've posted the Character Sheets thread (with sheets for the TARDIS crew) and the Character Creation/Rules thread. I plan to post another thread titled "Friends, Romans, Countrymen" with detailed information about Roman names, Roman society and background, and occupations (with skill lists and income). I don't have time to do this yet. I'll get started if I can during the week; otherwise, it will need to wait until the weekend. If you have enough information already you can get started creating your character in the Character Creation/Rules thread. Alternatively, one player can take over the character of Lucius Verres, whose previous player could not return.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:20 am
by Thorn
I'm going on a cabin trip tomorrow, and will be back on Tuesday 28th :)

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Okay, have fun! :)

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome to hexelis, who will be taking over the character of Lucius Verres!

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:49 am
by jaysun81
Welcome!

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:11 pm
by hexelis
Checking in. Hi, I'm playing Lucius. I'm a total noob to Play by post, so bear with me.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:21 pm
by yockenthwaite
Welcome aboard hexelis :D

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:32 am
by Thorn
Welcome! :)

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back, Thorn! :)

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:08 am
by Mr. Handy
I haven't had much free time yet, and I'm still jet lagged. If I can't get things started while I'm away, it will have to wait until Sunday. I'm off from work that day and the two days after, so that ought to give me all the time I need.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm sorry for the continued delay, but it has taken me a while to catch up and recover. I hope to review the new character and get things moving this coming weekend.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:45 am
by andyw666
Cool cool.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:18 am
by yockenthwaite
I'll be away from the weekend until mid next week, and don't expect to have great Internet access. So if anything gets moving then I'll have to wait until Wednesday or later to post for Elizabeth.

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:23 am
by Grognardsw
Today is the 125th anniversay of HPL's birth.

Anyone going to Necronomicon 15 in Providence? I'll be gaming there.

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy
I couldn't go. I didn't have enough vacation time left to take off from work.

I'm sorry for the continued delay, but I didn't get things started this weekend. Other things I needed to do took longer than they should have, and I ran out of time again. I'll try to get it done during the week, but I have very little free time then. Otherwise, I'll do everything I can to get it moving next weekend.

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:00 am
by Mr. Handy
I've finally gotten things underway with an IC thread for everyone. New players who still have to complete character creation will be able to join in on that thread when they do. I'll assume your characters were already there. Have fun, everyone!

I'll have to move the completed characters to the Cast of Characters thread when I have time, probably later this week.

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:23 am
by andyw666
I'm assuming Lupus is good to go and accordingly I can jump in and start posting?

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:33 am
by Mr. Handy
I hadn't noticed that you'd edited your character sheet. I won't have time to review it for a couple of days, but you can go ahead and start posting, entering the Forum now. If there's anything that still needs to be fixed, we can take care of it later.

I don't have time to even read the IC posts tonight, but I hope to get things moving in a couple of days.
Titus Iunius Philo,To give a reading without casting the spell, just roll Science(Augury). I'll let you know what the omens say. There are five different ways to read omens in Ancient Rome, and you'll need to determine which one is optimal under the circumstances. The Science(Augury) roll will help you do that. I'll explain what you know from the Know roll when I have time. With that critical success, you'll get a lot of detail.

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:52 pm
by Grognardsw
From Necronomicon 2015 in Providence on August 22...
Spoiler:
In a park across the street from the Biltmore Hotel:

From the Lovecraft Emporium, a small shop devoted to the writer:

From the huckster's room:

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:02 pm
by CrackheadC.
Sorry guys, I'll have a post up in the next 24 hrs. Took off for labor day.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome to Ritterton, who will be playing auxiliary soldier Artemis Gaius Sylvius!

I'll have to delay the update for a couple of days. Not only do I not have time tonight, but I also want to finish tweaking his character and introduce him before we move forward.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:50 pm
by CrackheadC.
Sounds good. Doing the same thing for No Man's Land too :) .

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:15 am
by Ritterton
Thanks Mr. Handy and CrackheadC

Hopefully, we have these worked out...off to prepare lecture for class.

R

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:44 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome. I don't have time tonight to review the changes you made, but I should be able to do it tomorrow night.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:32 am
by Ritterton
ok, I may need help understanding what I didn't do right on the dice code in my post...

followed the viewtopic.php?f=318&t=5318 verbage...cut and pasted with the name and target being changed...but doesn't look like it posted right.

R

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:38 am
by DrPeterson
[­Spoiler-Button]Artemis Spot Hidden:25, [­dice]1d100[­/dice][­/Spoiler-Button]

Artemis Spot Hidden 25%,[dice]0[/dice]

The only thing I did different was omit the ":"

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:47 pm
by Ritterton
[­Spoiler-Button]Artemis Spot Hidden 25%[­dice]1d100[­/dice][­/Spoiler-Button]

well I couldn't get that to work it appears let's try this one
Spot Hidden 25%: 1d100 86

And nearly epic fail...lol...well...the Forum is the center of the Republic...see those statues there...and those columns over there...

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:44 pm
by CrackheadC.
You do need to have the comma in there for the spoiler tag to have a "tag", I also typically hit enter after the comma so I know I have it set up right, but it doesn't matter.

spoiler-button]Like this,
Just make sure you have the bracket that I took out so you can see it.[/spoiler-button]

Edit: Also you can edit your posts so you don't have multiple posts in a row. To the left of your avatar on your post there will be a couple buttons. Quote, an upside down yield sign (report), an X (delete) and *Edit.

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:51 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks for helping out Ritterton, both of you.

I didn't have time to update tonight, but I should be able to at some point tomorrow.

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:45 pm
by Ritterton
http://www.livescience.com/52233-roman- ... rmany.html

Realize about a 120 years into the future, but thought that this was a great example of the interaction between Rome's legions and the surrounding communities that would be created or seize the improvements made by the soldiers.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:38 am
by DrPeterson
There are numerous examples in the history of the Republic and the Empire where conquered people would be naturalised to become Romans, becoming full-fledged civilians of Rome with (almost) all the rights and priviliges. Modern society could learn a thing or two from that.

It was even because of the conquest of Belgic Gaul that Roman agriculture gained an immense boost. The North had far bigger cattle and advanced tilling techniques, to name but a few things.

The play pieces they found are superb! The one we usually find are knocked out of the bottom of broken earthware.

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:46 pm
by Ritterton
Really agree with the need to see advantages in historical precedents that could be adapted to modern challenges.. but hey why learn from the past when repeating it is so so much more fun. ;) :P

Those game pieces were amazing. Maybe they were an upgrade someone had over the pot shard commons. Suspect their originally owner didn't like losing them. Also, in the audio summary that press release they found a few other cool merely items.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:51 am
by Ritterton
I think the dice and spoiler functions hate me...truly I do..

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:58 am
by Mr. Handy
This post shows you how to use the spoiler and Spoiler-Button tags, and this thread has instructions for the dice roller.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:50 pm
by Ritterton
Sorry for only the dice roll, traveling across the state after a conference and quick family visit, so at least wanted a roll to be there for the keeper to work with.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
It looks like we've lost several players, as some haven't declared what they're doing yet.

I've been sick for the past week or so, but I'll try to update this as soon as I can. Anyone who hasn't posted since my last update will just become an NPC for now, and new players could take over their characters if their original players don't return to reclaim them first.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:32 pm
by Supercape
I think I am up to date but do let me know otherwise.

Honestly it looked like too many PCs to juggle anyway, even for someone of herculean mental prowess, so it may be a good thing!

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:38 am
by DrPeterson
Get well soon, Mr. H!

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:38 am
by yockenthwaite
Yup look after yourself MrHandy. Don't rush to get the game moving if you're ill. I'm sure we can wait :)

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:47 pm
by aine
I'm back and still keen to play once you're feeling better Mr H!

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:22 pm
by Ritterton
Hope you are on the mend...hate getting sick. Focus on getting better, rest and don't let these things worry you. We'll be ready for you when you get better.

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 pm
by CrackheadC.
Feel better, I just got back from that wedding so 5 days of drinking and I need a handful of recovery days.

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:17 pm
by Thorn
Still here as well :)

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:09 pm
by dustakr
Hello all, at OOC chat room..

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 pm
by DrPeterson
I quite fancy some wolf nipples chips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDVsprWRCQ[/youtube]

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:40 pm
by Grognardsw
Hope you're feeling better.

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:08 pm
by Ritterton
DrPeterson wrote:I quite fancy some wolf nipples chips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDVsprWRCQ[/youtube]
Do those come with a raspberry glaze, hops shoots, or asparagus spears? ;-)

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:07 pm
by jaysun81
Feel better soon Mr. Handy.

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, everyone! :) I'm still not fully recovered, but I've been improving a lot over the last few days. I should be able to update at some point this weekend.

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:50 pm
by andyw666
No sweat. Lupus is off searching for a bag of otters' noses to nibble on.

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy
I've updated and split everyone into new threads. For those characters whose players are missing, I've just assumed they went with the large group.

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:44 am
by andyw666
Mr Handy, if you don't mind, Lupus will head to the Theatre of Pompeii too. He'd given up on trying to follow a fleet footed seer - if Lupus wasn't on horseback, he wasn't chasing anyone.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy
Sure, no problem. I've edited the threads, so you can move to The Play's the Thing.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:51 pm
by Ritterton
Folks may like the postings of @saverome on Instagram today to get a sense of the means of climbing stop Palentine Hill.

https://instagram.com/p/9D_atcxQ8k/?taken-by=saverome

Love SaveRome's photos and descriptions

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:31 am
by andyw666
Apologies, Mr H, been busy at work. Back tomorrow. - Andy

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:17 am
by Ritterton
http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-conten ... f-Rome.jpg

Just tried getting a better geographic sense of the hills of Rome...this map works, but isn't the easiest to translate...Anyone else got a better suggestion

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
There's a map in Cthulhu Invictus, but I can't exactly post it. I think the map you've provided has more detail than that one.
andyw666 wrote:Apologies, Mr H, been busy at work. Back tomorrow. - Andy
That's okay, I haven't had much time to post either.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:51 am
by aine
Thanks for the Instagram and map, very useful; I was relying totally on imagination and had it about 102% wrong! Apart from the upwards bit.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:30 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm leaving for a convention tomorrow through Sunday, so I probably won't have time to post again until afterwards.

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:29 am
by andyw666
For fans of Roman stuff, I've just started reading Prof Mary Beard's new book on Roman History, "SPQR". Comes *very* highly reviewed and has been pretty readable so far. - Andy

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:34 am
by Ritterton
Will search it out...currently reading the text book I am teaching out of and then House Artreides as I got to meet Brian Herbert two weeks ago at Jet City ComicCon...was fascinating to hear him talk about Dune.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:29 am
by Mr. Handy
I haven't had time to do the big split/merge of the threads, so it'll have to wait until I get back from the convention I'm going to this weekend.

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:00 am
by Grognardsw
I'm a Dune fan. Read Frank's books and have the son's first several, but have yet to get to them.

Aricus is looking forward to spilling blood on the sands (hopefully not too much of his own.)

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:17 am
by Ritterton
Grognardsw wrote:I'm a Dune fan. Read Frank's books and have the son's first several, but have yet to get to them.

Aricus is looking forward to spilling blood on the sands (hopefully not too much of his own.)
It's a good read and helps me understand the events leading up to Dune. The son's discussion about Dune and his dad was as fascinating as the story. Did not know that Chilton's did the first publishing of like 2500 copies...which apparently are extremely rare.

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:21 am
by Ritterton
Mr. Handy wrote:I haven't had time to do the big split/merge of the threads, so it'll have to wait until I get back from the convention I'm going to this weekend.
Handy, just saw you were in Philly...love Philly...visited it three times now...love it more each time. Family historian, so family lived in parts of the town that are now no longer there...but has been great to explore.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:02 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks! It is great here, and Philly has a lot more history than many American cities, though still far less than cities in Europe or Asia.

I'm still catching up, so I won't be able to update just yet. The next two nights may be difficult too, so it might have to wait until Wednesday.

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:15 am
by yockenthwaite
I'm going to be incommunicado from Sunday 6th - Sunday 13th December. I will have sporadic Internet, but almost certainly not enough to post/check here. So Mr Handy can you NPC Elizabeth including doing any rolls needed etc. while I'm out of touch?

Thanks.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:47 am
by Mr. Handy
Sure, no problem!

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:28 am
by yockenthwaite
Thank you ;)

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:22 am
by andyw666
Sorry Mr Handy, I vagued out for a bit there. Are you happy for me to jump back in? - Andy

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, and welcome back! You may post in your thread as soon as you've caught up and are ready. Also, you may make that Republic roll to see which Senators you recognize.

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:58 am
by Ritterton
Well continue to watch the inability of Artemis to make a dice roll. LOL...

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:21 am
by yockenthwaite
I'm home but picked up a really nasty lurgy in Oxford. Too many people coughing at the conference I think! Luckily I got home before dire. I'm likely to be really bad for the rest of this week, so can you continue to NPC Elizabeth please Mr Handy? Through to maybe Sunday 20th. I haven't read the IC thread yet. My husband has the same infection and is able to go to work. I've got a permanently suppressed immune system and have it + very nasty added flu-like extras. Thanks!

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:41 pm
by DrPeterson
You take care of yourself, yock!

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:34 am
by Mr. Handy
No problem, I'll continue to NPC Elizabeth. Right now there's nothing much for her to do except listen. I hope you feel better!

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:57 pm
by yockenthwaite
Many thanks. Still very ill, but able to follow the thread now, so I should be able to post if need be.

Not so sure I will manage any Christmas food! But hey, I'm losing a lot of weight :)

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:53 am
by jaysun81
I'll be offline traveling and being with family for Christmas from tomorrow (12/23) until Monday (12/28).

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:09 am
by Mr. Handy
yockenthwaite wrote:Many thanks. Still very ill, but able to follow the thread now, so I should be able to post if need be.

Not so sure I will manage any Christmas food! But hey, I'm losing a lot of weight :)
You're welcome, and welcome back! :)
jaysun81 wrote:I'll be offline traveling and being with family for Christmas from tomorrow (12/23) until Monday (12/28).
Thank you for letting me know. I'll NPC Story if needed. Enjoy!

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:06 am
by andyw666
Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:08 am
by andyw666
PS. Am coming to hate this dice roller function! Someone tell it there's numbers below 51%.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy
andyw666 wrote:Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!
And to you as well!
andyw666 wrote:PS. Am coming to hate this dice roller function! Someone tell it there's numbers below 51%.
A lot of people have noted the same thing about Invisible Castle, which now appears to be defunct, and some have actually preferred this dice roller. Both have them have rolled both very high and very low for me, often when I least want them to do so. A couple of tough encounters got short-circuited by allied NPCs rolling multiple 1s on 1d100 when attacking the enemy, such as a certain battle at the end of The Shadow Over Dunwich.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:27 pm
by jaysun81
I've got an out of state funeral to go, two aunts passed away within two days. I should be back by this weekend. Mr. Handy by all means NPC Story until then if needed.

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:31 pm
by Thorn
Sorry for your loss, Jason.

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:06 pm
by yockenthwaite
Yes sympathies Jason. I can relate at least in part: one of my aunts died a few weeks ago :(

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:22 am
by Mr. Handy
My condolences to you both. I'll NPC Story if it's necessary, but it probably won't be.

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:35 am
by Ritterton
Safe travels in this time of loss. So sorry to hear that your family is dealing with two deaths.

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:43 pm
by Grognardsw
Sorry for your loss.

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:46 am
by Ritterton
I do think that Artemius probably should have spent some time finding someone to explain the current state of things in Rome. He also is apparently setting a family tradition when it comes to making dice rolls...

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:39 pm
by aine
"Alea iacta... oh, bottoms."

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:58 am
by DrPeterson
I'll be on one or more mountains in Ireland till the 14th, so I probably won't be able to post.
Mr H., feel free to NPC my character.

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
No problem. Have fun!

I'll be away myself at a convention from February 18-21, and I probably won't have time to post then. However, I'll have more time in the days leading up to it, so maybe I'll finally be able to post and update the character sheets for the new characters.

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:33 pm
by yockenthwaite
I'm really struggling with my neurological illness at the moment, for much of the time very very confused. So I'm not in a good place for roleplaying. Mr Handy could you NPC Elizabeth until at least 21st February? Hopefully I'll be out of the funk by then!

Thanks. Hope you enjoy your convention Mr Handy and have fun in Ireland DrPeterson. One of my ancestral homelands! :)

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Sure, no problem! I hope you feel better, and thank you!

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:30 pm
by Ritterton
http://thegetty.tumblr.com/post/1394834 ... 9483464735
museum-of-artifacts:

Roman Farmer’s calendar. Rome, Museo della Civiltà Romana, inv. M.C.R. n. 3485 Each side bears the names of three months of the year. For each month we can see, starting from the top: the number of days in it; the day on which the Nones (the day of the Moon’s first quarter) falls; the duration of the day and night expressed in hours; the sign of the zodiac; the protecting divinity; work to be attended to in the fields; and the most important festivities.

(via caesaringaul)
I think Artemis needs to find one of these to take back to the inn he owns back home...cement the Roman aspects of the new settlement. That said, I am fascinated as to when this is from....what period? (not able to find that out) and how common where these?

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 pm
by yockenthwaite
Thanks for NPC-ing Elizabeth Mr Handy. I'm doing better now (had to increase my daily immunosuppression drugs in the end to get some relief! but it worked!) so am back and able to play Elizabeth again. Excited to see what happens next to the TARDIS crew.

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:56 pm
by DrPeterson
Most towns and villages of sufficient size would have had a communal calendar. The period is definitely 1century BCE and younger since Caesar reformed the official Roman calendar.
It wouldn't have been very likely (although I may be mistaken) for private people to own one of these, as they'd be a central marker in a community, they could however be sponsored.

In the excellent series Rome they regularly show the big calendar in the Forum.

Ritterton wrote:http://thegetty.tumblr.com/post/1394834 ... 9483464735
museum-of-artifacts:

Roman Farmer’s calendar. Rome, Museo della Civiltà Romana, inv. M.C.R. n. 3485 Each side bears the names of three months of the year. For each month we can see, starting from the top: the number of days in it; the day on which the Nones (the day of the Moon’s first quarter) falls; the duration of the day and night expressed in hours; the sign of the zodiac; the protecting divinity; work to be attended to in the fields; and the most important festivities.

(via caesaringaul)
I think Artemis needs to find one of these to take back to the inn he owns back home...cement the Roman aspects of the new settlement. That said, I am fascinated as to when this is from....what period? (not able to find that out) and how common where these?

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:04 am
by Mr. Handy
yockenthwaite wrote:Thanks for NPC-ing Elizabeth Mr Handy. I'm doing better now (had to increase my daily immunosuppression drugs in the end to get some relief! but it worked!) so am back and able to play Elizabeth again. Excited to see what happens next to the TARDIS crew.
You're welcome, and I'm glad you're feeling better!

Rome is indeed excellent, and it's one of the inspirations for this adventure.

I'm still catching up, so it'll be a little before I can update. Please discuss amongst yourselves which groups you're going to split into and where each group is going to go.

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:44 am
by Ritterton
I am thinking Artemis would try to head back to his lodging place and pick up along the way a nicer tunic to wear to a Senator's villa.

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:54 pm
by Supercape
Cladius just going to follow Marth'ter, if Marth'ter will allow.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:23 pm
by Ritterton
Thanks Doc. I have season one of Rome on dvd..haven't opened it. Now see that I will need to do so. Thanks for more details too on the calendar. Very cool item

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:39 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm still not completely caught up, and I don't have time tonight to post in the IC thread, but I'll try to do so tomorrow night. Once we've figured out how the party is splitting and where each group is going, I can create new threads for them, hopefully next weekend.

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:20 am
by Ritterton
Artemis will go to his lodging in the military sector and ask for help from the Inn Keeper to find something appropriate for a veteran to wear to a Senators villa as a guest...

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:51 pm
by Emma.Wyatt
Can Titus spend some time coyly questioning his more reliable Auger friends to see if they have any information about the Brotherhood of the beast before meeting up with the party at the senator's house that evening?

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, he can consult with his colleagues. He can also return to Cleopatra's Palace and confer with Adelphus, if he wishes.

Welcome to Emma.Wyatt, who will be taking over the character of Titus Iunius Philo!

I don't have time to update tonight, and I already know that tomorrow night is out, but I will try my best to get an update posted Wednesday night.

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:34 am
by DrPeterson
Welcome aboard, Emma!

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:32 am
by andyw666
Hi Mr H and Chap, sorry, been a bit busy at work lately, be paying more attention from tomorrow onwards. - Andy

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:49 pm
by Mr. Handy
That's okay, and welcome back!

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:10 pm
by aine
I'm off to the East Coast (England) and the Big Smoke for a week; I don't know if I'll be able to post or not.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy
Have fun!

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:27 pm
by yockenthwaite
Sorry for my lack of posting following clues. Main computer died suddenly. Lurching with other devices until the replacement arrives next week.

Off to post shortly.

Have fun Aine!

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy
That's okay, and thanks for letting me know. I haven't had much time myself, as I've been sick lately.

Welcome to SniperSunset, who will be taking over the character of Lucius!

The Ides of March have come and gone. I've been meaning to do a big update splitting the different groups off, but I haven't had enough time yet. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow night.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:15 pm
by DrPeterson
Take care of yourself, Mr. H!
Caesar wasn't killed in day, or something along those lines.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy
I've posted the transition from Episode 1 to Episode 2. For now everyone is in the same thread, as people haven't gone far when this happened. The cliffhanger may end up changing some people's plans.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm just about ready to split the thread and move things forward at last. I don't have time tonight, but I should tomorrow night. Story and his companions will go looking for Cassius, and everyone else will go to Germanicus's villa, at least for now. Caelia and a couple of the others will later head to Scaevola's villa, but that thread can be split again then.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:29 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm going to need a little more time before I can create the new threads. I expect to be able to do it either Friday night or this weekend.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:20 am
by Ritterton
Not a problem...can't wait to see where we head next!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:09 pm
by Ritterton
Hey folks, I am on the road for a couple of days heading down to Portland then back up to Seattle on Saturday for the Emerald City ComiCon on Sunday. I will have my phone with me and be able to make short posts - and with the notification system that this site uses - that is awesome. Just wanted to let folks know in case there is a pause in any action. Caelia and Mr. handy can nudge and guide Artemis along if necessary.

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome to cpaprox, who will be taking over the character of Titus Iunius Philo!

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:26 pm
by DrPeterson
Welcome, cpaprox!
May your patience be long and your participation plentiful!

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:43 pm
by jaysun81
Mr. Handy - I just realized I never posted letting you know that starting this evening until Monday (the 18th) I'll be traveling and attending 1d4Con. As always, if you need feel free to NPC Story.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy
No problem, and thanks for letting me know!

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:12 am
by jaysun81
I'm back. I'll post tomorrow evening.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back!

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:50 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome to Mindrot, who will be taking over the character of Lucius Verres!

Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:39 am
by DrPeterson
Sorry for the delay, guys, I was in Normandy for VE-day and, unexpectedly, had no internet.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:15 am
by yockenthwaite
Welcome to the TARDIS team Mindrot :P

Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:50 pm
by Thorn
Welcome! :)

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:14 am
by jaysun81
Welcome! It will be nice to see Lucius really come to life again (sorry Mr. Handy, but you got your hands full).

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy
That's certainly true enough.

Welcome back, Dr. P!

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:06 pm
by Ritterton
Sorry about that pause, Mr. Handy.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
That's okay, nobody else in your thread was posting either anyway, and your thread is ahead of one of the others as well.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:18 am
by mindrot
Hi everyone, thanks for welcoming )))! I've read, at last, first episode of the Brotherhood, and... What a game you've made, I must say, very impressive sometimes, I'll do my best to fit.
I made little research, and found out that Cicero was born in the same town as Lucius. Is there any chance that they are know each over? Or is it insignificant?

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Thank you, Mindrot! There may be connections between Lucius and Cicero which may be revealed during play. You can make a Know roll to see if you've heard of him, but you'd only know about him up to your own time (80 BC). He was a much younger man then, and he has done much since.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:26 pm
by mindrot
BTW, it's friday, 13'th. Congrats to everyone. Fhtagn! )))

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:39 pm
by Ritterton
Nudge me Mr.Handy when we are "in synch" otherwise, I will wait a bit for Caelia to post.

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:29 am
by Mr. Handy
I've been waiting for her to post too, but at this point I think it's been long enough. I plan to update anyway tomorrow night whether or not she has posted by then.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:24 am
by andyw666
Hi Mr Handy! Apologies but I disappeared for a little while there. Hopefully Lupus can slide back into activity again?

Andy

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back, Andy! You can jump back in whenever you're ready. Your current thread is Eat, Drink, and Be Merry, but you've probably missed some of the previous thread(s) as well.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:33 pm
by DrPeterson
Welcome back!
Join the feast, no gawking please. :)

Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:49 am
by yockenthwaite
Sorry Mr Handy and others for my delay in posting at moment. Quite knocked out for much of the time due to MS-like illness. Just posted now. Woot History roll! Elizabeth being a History teacher and all ... :lol:

Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:24 am
by andyw666
Allrighty!! Just have to do a bit of reading...

Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy
yockenthwaite wrote:Sorry Mr Handy and others for my delay in posting at moment. Quite knocked out for much of the time due to MS-like illness. Just posted now. Woot History roll! Elizabeth being a History teacher and all ... :lol:
That's okay, and I hope you're feeling better now.

Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:44 pm
by yockenthwaite
Mr. Handy wrote:
yockenthwaite wrote:Sorry Mr Handy and others for my delay in posting at moment. Quite knocked out for much of the time due to MS-like illness. Just posted now. Woot History roll! Elizabeth being a History teacher and all ... :lol:
That's okay, and I hope you're feeling better now.
Thanks, yes. Things are going up and down as the warmer weather kicks in - my MS-like symptoms worsen in the heat. Aarrgghh! But I will adjust. Better at mo anyway. Mucho thanks.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:57 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome, and welcome back!

Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:20 am
by jaysun81
I'll be away over the weekend. However, I'll be back to posting on Monday.

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:33 am
by andyw666
OK, promise to be a bit more regular poster again now! - Andy

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:43 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Greetings. I have been invited by our esteemed host to take over the role of Tutus Iunius Philo (the auger.) Bear with me while I try to work my way into this thing.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:09 pm
by Ritterton
Welcome! It's great to have you in this adventure.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:14 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Thank you very much. I am now trying to follow the activities of Titus in the previous threads while avoiding reading anything meant for other characters.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:41 pm
by DrPeterson
Fresh blood!
Welcome!

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:55 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Thank you.

Before I trip over my own feet, am I correct in assuming that I should be present at the "Eat, Drink, and Be Merry" thread?

I'll pm the Keeper about this.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome to Victoria Silverwolf, who will be playing Titus Iunius Philo, and to DrkRoxas, who will be playing Vyse Gilder!

Yes, you're correct. Titus is currently in Eat, Drink, and Be Merry. He is there as a guest of Germanicus. Feel free to post for him there whenever you are ready.

To catch up, you should read the following threads in order:
Episode 1: Introduction (optional), A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Walk Like an Egyptian, A Royal Audience, and Plans and Schemes
Episode 2: No Tomorrow, Preparations, and Eat Drink and Be Merry.

DrkRoxas, there will be a small delay before I can get your thread started. You won't be reading any of the other current IC threads (other than Introduction, if you like). I'll let you know when it's ready by posting in this thread.

Have fun, both of you!

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:32 am
by yockenthwaite
Mr Handy can you NPC Elizabeth from 13th July until 25th July? I am going to be travelling for much of that time, and will be pretty knocked out from that, plus may not have great Internet connections. Best to let you look after her. I am good until 13th though.

Thanks!

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Sure, no problem! I'll be away myself from July 15 through July 22, but I should have Internet access and some time to post except during the first and last days of my trip. Elizabeth may not have much to do besides wait for a while anyway. Enjoy your trip!

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:54 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Just a note to say that I will be away from the computer until the afternoon of Wednesday, July 13th (Eastern Time, USA.) If Titus needs to be played as an NPC during that time, that's fine.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:03 am
by Mr. Handy
No problem. He probably doesn't need to do anything during that time, but if he does I'll run him as an NPC.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:01 pm
by DrPeterson
I just stumbled upon Michael Parenti's excelent lecture on Roman history.
It's worth checking out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IO_Ldn2H4o[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IO_Ldn2H4o

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:30 pm
by Ritterton
Awesome, in my alma matter no less...that hall is huge by the way. But, looking forward to watching this over the next few days. Thanks Doc!

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy
I wish I had time to watch it now, but I need to prepare to leave on my trip.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:33 am
by andyw666
Cool,ta!

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:09 am
by yockenthwaite
Back from Paris trip and ready to take control of Elizabeth again. Thanks Mr Handy for looking after her 8-)

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:38 pm
by Thorn
Hi, I'm going on vacation, I'll be back Sunday 31. of July. I probably won't get a chance to post untill then, so please take care of Brook in the meantime. :)

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy
yockenthwaite wrote:Back from Paris trip and ready to take control of Elizabeth again. Thanks Mr Handy for looking after her 8-)
You're welcome, and welcome back! :) Elizabeth is all yours again.
Thorn wrote:Hi, I'm going on vacation, I'll be back Sunday 31. of July. I probably won't get a chance to post untill then, so please take care of Brook in the meantime. :)
No problem. Have fun! :)

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:16 pm
by jaysun81
Sorry I've been hit and miss recently... after 17 years of renting my wife & I decided to buy our first house and we've been slowly moving into it. Next weekend will be the final big push, once that's out of the way I should be back to posting consistently, assuming there's no hiccups.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:35 pm
by Ritterton
jaysun81 wrote:Sorry I've been hit and miss recently... after 17 years of renting my wife & I decided to buy our first house and we've been slowly moving into it. Next weekend will be the final big push, once that's out of the way I should be back to posting consistently, assuming there's no hiccups.

CONGRATS!!! That is wonderful news. Best of luck with all of the moving!

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:55 am
by Mr. Handy
jaysun81 wrote:Sorry I've been hit and miss recently... after 17 years of renting my wife & I decided to buy our first house and we've been slowly moving into it. Next weekend will be the final big push, once that's out of the way I should be back to posting consistently, assuming there's no hiccups.
Welcome back, and congratulations! :)

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:14 pm
by DrPeterson
Sorry about vanishing, but I've been a bit in too deep.
I'll be back next week.

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:18 pm
by Ritterton
DrPeterson wrote:Sorry about vanishing, but I've been a bit in too deep.
I'll be back next week.
Hopefully that means that I will hear about something you found digging on archeaologica.org ;-)

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:58 am
by jaysun81
Mr. Handy wrote:
Welcome back, and congratulations! :)
Thanks, though I haven't fully moved yet. That said, the final push has arrived. So I may be hit or miss for up to two weeks or so while I wait for the internet to be hooked up at my new place, I'll have sporadic internet access until then. So, if I'm silent I haven't quit... just temporarily net-less. My apologies for any issues this may cause.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:24 pm
by DrPeterson
Ritterton wrote:
DrPeterson wrote:Sorry about vanishing, but I've been a bit in too deep.
I'll be back next week.
Hopefully that means that I will hear about something you found digging on archeaologica.org ;-)
I wasn't excavating this year, I was helping refugees in Greece.

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:00 am
by Ritterton
Dr. that is even more vital and beneficial work. Wow. That is awesome.

Rod

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, that is wonderful work! Welcome back!

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:11 pm
by Ritterton
Hey folks, sorry to drag the Egyptian discussion this past week or so...had a pretty rough week last week, while traveing to a family wedding some five hours away, I got a call from my sister that my mom of 29 years of my 49 had suddenly passed away...so it was a mad dash across the state from the wedding to where they all live ... then all of the things associated with sudden travel and a sudden funeral. Back home here, but playing catch up...so sorry about slow posts and such.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:14 am
by Mr. Handy
My condolences for your loss. There's no need to rush, and I can certainly understand. When you're ready, you can post. Nobody else has posted in your thread for a while either, so you haven't missed much.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back to CrackheadC., who is taking over the character of Marcus Sabinus!

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:43 am
by Ritterton
CRACK!!! Glad to see you, hope life has been ok for you...was a bit worried, but glad to have you back!

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:58 am
by mindrot
Hi folks. Due to a lot of work, I'll be away for a time. Mr.Handy, please take care of Lucius. I hope to settle everything and come soon back.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:53 pm
by CrackheadC.
Good to be back. It was a hell of a year last year, lost my grandmother and then her youngest son (my uncle) within 2 weeks of each other. Naturally my mother was not taking it well. Then my father had some thyroid issues and it needed to be removed.

On the bright side, I did manage to get into a graduate school and I start in 3 weeks or so.

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:25 am
by Mr. Handy
mindrot wrote:Hi folks. Due to a lot of work, I'll be away for a time. Mr.Handy, please take care of Lucius. I hope to settle everything and come soon back.
No problem. I'll NPC Lucius for you until you return.
CrackheadC. wrote:Good to be back. It was a hell of a year last year, lost my grandmother and then her youngest son (my uncle) within 2 weeks of each other. Naturally my mother was not taking it well. Then my father had some thyroid issues and it needed to be removed.

On the bright side, I did manage to get into a graduate school and I start in 3 weeks or so.
I'm sorry for your losses. Congratulations on grad school. You're likely to be busy there, but hopefully you'll still have some time for fun.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:39 am
by jaysun81
I just got my internet hooked up at my new house. Give me a day or so to catch up and I'll be back in the game. Sorry for the delay, but as I said before my wife and I bought a house so we've been moving.

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back, and also welcome back to DrkRoxas!

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:52 am
by Mr. Handy
DrkRoxas, you may resume playing Marcus Sabinus. CrackheadC. will be taking over a different character.

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:17 am
by CrackheadC.
Just wanted to note that I am still here and watching the thread, I just felt it would be out of character for Aricus to speak out of turn to a senator / Caesar.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:06 am
by Ritterton
Hey folks, if you get the chance, or can find it on the internet...the National Geographic two hours on Pompeii I caught this evening was fascinating. I did not realize how big Pompeii actually was until they showed various digital maps and scans of buildings. WOW. Need to win the Lottery and then could do the Hadrian's Wall walk that has me reading books and a trip to Pompeii..and a trip to...

;-)

R

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:40 am
by Mr. Handy
I missed that, but I think it's on again this weekend on the Smithsonian channel (Pompeii: The Dead Speak). I might not be home in time to see it, though.

I did see a great exhibit on Pompeii at the Franklin Institute a couple of years back. It was one of their temporary exhibits, however, so if you didn't see it then it won't be possible without a TARDIS.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:59 am
by yockenthwaite
In the UK we've had quite a few programmes over recent years about Pompeii presented by Professor Mary Beard. All on the BBC, all excellent. She's also done a great series on the Roman Empire as a whole, if you ever get the chance to see that.

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy
I just found out that the BBC has been creating animated versions of all six episodes of the missing story The Power of the Daleks, which introduces Patrick Troughton as the Second Doctor! There will be a live screening of the first three episodes in London on November 5, exactly fifty years after the first episode originally aired. The actors who played the companions in that story will be there too for a question and answer session. Unfortunately, my upcoming trip to London ends shortly before that, so I won't be able to see it there, but BBC America is going to air it on November 12, and it should eventually be out on DVD. It's due out for Region 2 on November 21, but there's no announcement yet for Region 1.

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:58 am
by yockenthwaite
It's also going to be released online at the BBC Store (https://store.bbc.com/) and I expect it will be buyable via iTunes a few weeks later. I don't like the BBC Store interface - their new streaming service - and it's especially bad if you want to try to view it on the TV. I may buy it on iTunes though.

Hopefully it will sell well, in every way possible, and they make even more :)

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy
Looking at it again, I see that while Anneke Wills (Polly) will be there, Michael Craze (Ben) will not. Frazer Hines, however, will, though Jamie isn't in this story. Also there will be Charles Norton, the producer/director of the animation.

I can't buy it from the BBC Store, as it's open to UK residents only. I do intend to buy the DVD once it's released in the States. I always buy the animated reconstructions of missing episodes, and I too hope they get good sales and that they'll make more. I really hope The Evil of the Daleks gets the same treatment next year, but unless they've already been working on it, it'll be too late to start now if they want to finish by its 50th anniversary. I actually have the entire classic series that's been released so far on DVD, plus the collections of the missing episodes' soundtracks on CD (some of which are thankfully no longer missing). I watched what existed of the classic series in order back in 2010-1; I think it took me almost a year.

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:48 am
by yockenthwaite
Mr. Handy wrote:Looking at it again, I see that while Anneke Wills (Polly) will be there, Michael Craze (Ben) will not. Frazer Hines, however, will, though Jamie isn't in this story. Also there will be Charles Norton, the producer/director of the animation.
Yes Michael Craze died a couple of decades ago :(
I can't buy it from the BBC Store, as it's open to UK residents only.
Bad BBC! Though I don't like the store, so don't recommend it generally. I'd be buying the story on DVD too, but I'm having a melt down in terms of DVDs and books at the moment. Storage crisis, and having to clear out a lot of things, and think very carefully about buying any new ones. My main wish is to see this story though, not to own it. It's not being aired on UK television, so I will need to buy somehow or rent it to watch it.

Enjoy!

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks!

I hadn't even heard about Michael Craze. I'm sorry to hear that. :(

That is a shame that it won't be airing on UK TV. You have to pay license fees, yet they won't air a British show that's being aired free here (and before it's available in its entirety in the UK).

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome to HoneyDog, who will be taking over the character of Claudius!

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:01 pm
by HoneyDog
Thanks Mr. Handy & hello everyone!

But bloody hell, there's a lot to read! Please bear with me while I catch up with the preceding events and get to grips with the story. I'll post as soon as I'm up to date.

I finished episode 1 and it's a great story so far, I'm really looking forward to adding my contribution.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:11 pm
by Thorn
Welcome :)

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:19 pm
by HoneyDog
Thank you Thorn!

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:32 pm
by yockenthwaite
Welcome from me too! And good luck with the reading. I can sympathise - I often have to read back to recap on what we've done before. But at least I don't have to read the whole thing right through from the start. Good luck you!

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:15 am
by DrPeterson
Welcome to the Game, Dog!

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:42 am
by HoneyDog
Thank you both! Reading from the start is not so bad though, it lets me see how the whole process works so I have a pretty good idea of what to do.

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:02 am
by Ritterton
Welcome! Glad to meet you. Looking forward to having you in the game.

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:31 pm
by HoneyDog
ありがとうございます! Thanks!

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:58 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome to alazred, who will be taking over the character of Lucius Verres!

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:05 pm
by Thorn
Welcome, alazred :)

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:41 am
by HoneyDog
Hello alazred! Have fun.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:43 am
by Mr. Handy
I don't have time to update tonight, and I'll be away for a few days anyway, so I'll leave it until Sunday night and give players a little more time to post.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:29 pm
by alazred
Hi all!!

I just made my first post in the story. I hope to not make too many errors and to contribute well to the story . By the way its my first experience in rpg and the pbem system. Any advices will be more than welcome ! :)

See you all on the other side !

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:56 am
by Ritterton
Welcome Alazred!! Play by post is rather enjoyable, you get time to figure out the response and story! I think you will find it to be a lot of fun, I sure do!

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:10 pm
by HoneyDog
Hello Alazred! Have fun.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:43 am
by Mr. Handy
I don't have time to update tonight, and I'm going back to work tomorrow, so it will probably be another two or three days before I can split the threads and move things forward.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:00 pm
by alazred
I'll try to use the time the game is halted to get familiar with the older story so i can know better the chracter that is Lucius. Hope there's not too much to read ;)!!

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:35 pm
by aine
Welcome Alazred! Insanity is just a dice roll away. Well, almost.

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Yeah, it takes two rolls: one to fail the Sanity test, and another to see how much you lost. ;)

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:51 am
by Ritterton
That success may be owed more to Fortunna as I have been going through my Newcastle U's Hadrian's Wall course and we are in the religious week. Fun, but dang, doing that while teaching and working...um...what the heck was I thinking!

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:35 am
by andyw666
Mr H, my apologies - I have once again slightly vagued out and failed to post for a while. Is there still hope for Decius Lupus to keep posting? - Andy

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:17 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back! Yes, you can continue posting as Decius Lupus whenever you're ready.

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:39 am
by andyw666
Magic!!

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome to Syllahorn, who is taking over the character of Spurius Papirius Valens!

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:36 am
by HoneyDog
Glad you can join, Syllahorn.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:40 am
by Syllahorn
Hello everyone! Glad to be here.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:19 am
by Ritterton
Hi Syllahorn, sorry for the delay to say that and welcome to Rome. This has been fun to play and write for. Hope you will also like it.

ALSO - http://www.mu-podcast.com/mup-episode-1 ... -festivus/ Folks, looks like Invictus is getting some Golden Goblen attention as noted in this great podcast. Sounds like some great opportunities.

Have to say I have been tossing about mentally a two part scenario that if I get some additional time, may make an appearance...once I get these rules better understood...lol

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:12 pm
by jaysun81
Mr. Handy, Sorry for the huge delay in responding. The holidays have me all messed up.

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:52 pm
by yockenthwaite
Same from me too. Been a bit felled at the moment by my illness, so running at a low-level way. Hope to be more active again soon.

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:50 pm
by Mr. Handy
I hope things will improve for both of you. I've been sick myself today. Take whatever time you need, and I'll update after that. I think things are about to get very interesting.

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:56 pm
by DrPeterson
Mr. H., there's something afoot with your inbox. I can't send you pm's.
That, or we're at war :)

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:09 am
by Mr. Handy
I was able to receive your PM, and I sent you a reply.

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:36 am
by DrPeterson
Weird,

the site kept telling me there was something wrong.

Nevermind then :)

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:47 pm
by Ritterton
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! I hope that 2017 is an amazing year for you as well and that you discover something exciting that creates a great adventure!

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:27 pm
by aine
Abolutely indeed. And we've had a stunning new moon and Venus pairing this first few nights of the year so it's started very well. I just hope they aren't 'right' as we all know what that means.

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:04 am
by Mr. Handy
I have a major update planned, but I won't have time to make it until the weekend.

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 pm
by Mr. Handy
Episode 3 has now begun!

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:37 pm
by yockenthwaite
Eek! :shock:

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:25 am
by Mr. Handy
Yeah, I'd been anticipating springing that cliffhanger. :twisted:

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 am
by DrPeterson
Sorry for the disappearance act, lads and lasses, but I suffered from partial facial paralysis shortly after New Year and that kind of left me somewhat away from computers and bright screens as I couldn't blink (in your face, Angels).

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:37 am
by HoneyDog
I hope you're okay now Dr. P! Take care

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:57 am
by DrPeterson
Cheers, Dog.
The face is still a bit expressionless, more Jimmy Carr than my usual rugged self, but it's healing.

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:23 am
by Ritterton
Wow, Doc, glad to hear that you are on the mend. Scary stuff. Here's hoping that 2017 is a better year than how 2016 ended for you.

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back! I hope you get better quickly too.

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:34 am
by DrPeterson
Well, it isn't all bad. I've taken to wearing an eyepatch to protect my unblinkable eye.
And, you know, eyepatches are cool :)

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:19 pm
by andyw666
Huzzah! Finally read all the posts, I am up to date with this adventure. Just not sure what is going on now...

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:33 pm
by yockenthwaite
andyw666 wrote:Huzzah! Finally read all the posts, I am up to date with this adventure. Just not sure what is going on now...
Haha! Well done :) I've been playing it from the start, and I'm having trouble remembering what we've done, never mind figuring out what's what! Though I do have a really rotten memory!

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:06 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back, Andy! I can barely keep everything straight myself, to be honest.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:48 am
by jaysun81
yockenthwaite wrote:...I've been playing it from the start, and I'm having trouble remembering what we've done...
I also find myself forgetting things from past sessions, or I jumble them up. We've been at this for some time now. :)

I'm quite proud of the fact that me, you, and Thorn have been in this for the long haul.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:06 am
by Mr. Handy
And Yockenthwaite! She's been in this from the beginning as well.

It is wonderful that all of us are still keeping this campaign going, even after six and a half years. Zombie Apocalypse ran for longer than this campaign, but we're catching up to it. I have plenty more adventures planned for after this one. There are slow periods, but things eventually move forward.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:56 am
by yockenthwaite
Wow! 6.5 years, and still going. Thanks Mr Handy :P

I might have slack periods with my illness, but I'm determined to keep playing.

Hopefully Elizabeth will survive to the next adventure too. Or I'll just have to play someone else!

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:32 pm
by Thorn
Yeah, sorry I've been absent(minded) lately, I'm planning a larp and all my focus ends there these days. I'm still here, though!

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:08 am
by jaysun81
Mr. Handy wrote:And Yockenthwaite! She's been in this from the beginning as well.
Haha! Actually she was the person I was referencing when I said "you" (after all I quoted her)... not to exclude you Mr. Handy. :)

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Whoops, sorry! :oops: I hadn't even noticed the quote, just that your post followed mine. I'm glad you're all still here and playing after all this time, and I'll keep running the game as long as I can. It's great that we still have almost all of the original crew. Only Lucius was ever dropped. If he survives the adventure, it's a good opportunity to retire him if his player doesn't want to keep playing him, but he's welcome to continue doing so. The poor guy is getting low on Sanity, though, and this is as close to home as he's ever been.

The way the campaign is structured makes it easier to keep it going, much like Doctor Who itself. The adventures largely stand alone, and the only characters that progress to the next one are the Time Lord and companions, so nobody who wants to join in has to be familiar with the earlier adventures or spend a lot of time catching up on them.
yockenthwaite wrote:Wow! 6.5 years, and still going. Thanks Mr Handy :P

I might have slack periods with my illness, but I'm determined to keep playing.

Hopefully Elizabeth will survive to the next adventure too. Or I'll just have to play someone else!
You're welcome, and I hope Elizabeth survives too. She's a great character, and I have things planned for upcoming adventures that would be cool for her.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:23 am
by jaysun81
Rest in Peace

1940 - 2017

SIR JOHN HURT
aka The War Doctor

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/01/si ... -2017.html

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:45 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm sorry to hear that. :cry: I also remember him from 1984. He was doubleplusgood.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:06 pm
by jaysun81
Pertaining to him being the War Doctor, I've been greatly enjoying the War Doctor line that Big Finish has been releasing.

https://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/v/doct ... war-doctor

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:24 am
by DrPeterson
I rewatched the 50th anniversary special today and went to a special screening of Alien.

He'll be missed.
He was the best Storyteller.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:34 am
by yockenthwaite
We started rewatching him as The Storyteller in the 1980s Jim Henson TV series. First time my husband's seen it, first time I've seen it properly in years. I only bought the DVD a few weeks ago, planning a rewatch ... Seemed appropriate viewing tonight. Wonderful, wonderful actor.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:46 am
by andyw666
Yes indeedy, vale Sir John, not just the War Doc but coincidentally also a pivotal cast member of possibly the scariest SF movie ever made (and a dodgy purveyor of wands to boot).

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:01 am
by andyw666
Can I just say this game is a hoot and totally reminds me of the black and white days of Dr Who! Much running around the villa. (With a hint of that Roman era Carry On movie. Carry On Cleopatra maybe? [$} Which as I recall had a minor role for Jon Pertwee.)

Except perhaps for knee strikes to the groin. Well, maybe Jo "How Short Was My Mini" Grant would have gone the swift knee. Needs must.

And definitely except Lucius getting slashed - decidedly more the CoC grittiness there. Here in Australia in my youth, Dr Who used to be played at 6:30pm weeknights by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, which was a designated 'family friendly' time. No vicious chops with swords. The first time the Brain of Moebius was played, it had to be moved to after 7:30pm because it was thought too scarey!! Mind you, that didn't stop Planet of the Giant Spiders etc being played at the normal time.

Conclusion: Being one of the good guys won't be enough to keep you alive in The Brotherhood of Death.

[$] Cue Kenneth Williams drawling "mmmwwwwrrr".

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:26 pm
by yockenthwaite
Big casting changes coming up on Doctor Who, with another regeneration soon :( Full BBC story here.

Very sad :( I think his first series was a total misfire by the showrunner, bringing back all the bad things from Colin Baker's early stories. But the character was fantastic in the second year. And now just one more series to go ...

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:12 am
by Ritterton
Got into the Dr. via a friend saying, you have to watch Blink...so we did....my kids and I have been hooked ever since...sorry to see this Dr. go, I really really like his character. Now it will be fascinating as to who will be his replacement. Looking forward to this next season.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy
andyw666 wrote:Can I just say this game is a hoot and totally reminds me of the black and white days of Dr Who! Much running around the villa. (With a hint of that Roman era Carry On movie. Carry On Cleopatra maybe? [$} Which as I recall had a minor role for Jon Pertwee.)

Except perhaps for knee strikes to the groin. Well, maybe Jo "How Short Was My Mini" Grant would have gone the swift knee. Needs must.

And definitely except Lucius getting slashed - decidedly more the CoC grittiness there. Here in Australia in my youth, Dr Who used to be played at 6:30pm weeknights by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, which was a designated 'family friendly' time. No vicious chops with swords. The first time the Brain of Moebius was played, it had to be moved to after 7:30pm because it was thought too scarey!! Mind you, that didn't stop Planet of the Giant Spiders etc being played at the normal time.

Conclusion: Being one of the good guys won't be enough to keep you alive in The Brotherhood of Death.

[$] Cue Kenneth Williams drawling "mmmwwwwrrr".
Thank you! Classic Doctor Who is exactly the vibe I've been going for, and this story in particular hearkens back to the Hartnell era historical stories, particularly The Romans. The first adventure in this campaign, The Terror Out of Time, was designed to be reminiscent of Tom Baker's early stories, especially The Pyramids of Mars. The second one, The Ninth Planet, is inspired by the Troughton era "base under siege" stories, as well as Hartnell's swan song The Tenth Planet, which is the prototype for them. The third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, is similar to the Pertwee UNIT stories.

I've seen Carry on Cleopatra, but I hadn't even been thinking of it until you mentioned it. I don't remember if Jon Pertwee was in it, but I know he did have a small part in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.

Classic Doctor Who doesn't really seem all that scary when compared with modern stuff, but Mary Whitehouse and her ilk were always complaining about it. The Australian censors were also particularly touchy, taking out scenes that aired in the UK with no problem. Still, we should be grateful they did. That's the only way that some clips of missing episodes survived. Even though those episodes were wiped, the censors were required by law to preserve the clips they'd excised. Ironically, the parts they felt weren't fit to air were sometimes the only ones that survived.

You're right, I don't recall people getting slashed or stabbed in the classic series, but characters do die there quite frequently, moreso than in this campaign. An awful lot of them get shot, but there's never any blood.

By the way, you're not supposed to read other characters' IC threads until after the adventure concludes.
yockenthwaite wrote:Big casting changes coming up on Doctor Who, with another regeneration soon :( Full BBC story here.

Very sad :( I think his first series was a total misfire by the showrunner, bringing back all the bad things from Colin Baker's early stories. But the character was fantastic in the second year. And now just one more series to go ...
I'm also sad to see Peter Capaldi go. It seems like he just got started. With last year not having an actual season, he hasn't had as much screen time as he should have. I'm also curious as to who will be the Thirteenth Doctor.

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:23 am
by Mr. Handy
I have a major update coming, but no time to make it tonight. It should be up at some point this weekend, hopefully by tomorrow night.

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:07 am
by andyw666
Yes, bless the ABC's early censors and their doomed bid to keep us pure of morals. Yup, that worked. I believe though that a few of the DW reels sent to Australia have wound up being the only surviving copies, so we have contributed in that way to Whovian preservation too.

And I shall immediately forget all current IC stuff outside what Lupus knows, sorry!!

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:01 am
by Ritterton
http://kck.st/2loTinl

New 7th Edition Invictus rules coming out...awesome...have been sketching out a scenario I would love to try as aone shot once these new rules come out...as the time period is in the 200s...

R

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm about to leave for my convention. Those of you in The Ides of March can continue to converse and plan while I'm away. In Vae Victis, I still need an action from Story before I can continue.

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:21 am
by alazred
I had seen it pass for the 7th edition of invictus. Very tempting! I've looked at delta green also that is very interesting. Unfortunately I cant buy everything !! ;)

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:03 am
by Ritterton
alazred wrote:I had seen it pass for the 7th edition of invictus. Very tempting! I've looked at delta green also that is very interesting. Unfortunately I cant buy everything !! ;)
Totally understand that. I just like this time period...and I have really teased out in my mind a two part scenario that really just won't leave me! ;-)

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:01 am
by jaysun81
Mr. Handy wrote:I'm about to leave for my convention. Those of you in The Ides of March can continue to converse and plan while I'm away. In Vae Victis, I still need an action from Story before I can continue.
Sorry about that. I'll post tonight.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 am
by Ritterton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRljlpYM1kQ

In case folks hadn't seen this, pretty cool use of virtual reality to show what Nero's grand palace would have looked like.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:29 pm
by alazred
Nice, really interesting. I'll try to go see that!

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:35 pm
by Ritterton
alazred wrote:Nice, really interesting. I'll try to go see that!
Would love to hear your notes of such a visit. Can only imagine.

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 am
by Mr. Handy
Ritterton wrote:
alazred wrote:I had seen it pass for the 7th edition of invictus. Very tempting! I've looked at delta green also that is very interesting. Unfortunately I cant buy everything !! ;)
Totally understand that. I just like this time period...and I have really teased out in my mind a two part scenario that really just won't leave me! ;-)
The new Cthulhu Invictus is tempting for me too, even though I don't run 7th edition. I may back it anyway, despite that and the fact that this adventure will probably be long over by the time it delivers. I also backed the new Delta Green, for which I'm still waiting for the new core book, let alone the others.
jaysun81 wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:I'm about to leave for my convention. Those of you in The Ides of March can continue to converse and plan while I'm away. In Vae Victis, I still need an action from Story before I can continue.
Sorry about that. I'll post tonight.
There was no rush. I was gone the last few days anyway, and didn't have time to update before tonight.
Ritterton wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRljlpYM1kQ

In case folks hadn't seen this, pretty cool use of virtual reality to show what Nero's grand palace would have looked like.
That was cool! It would be neat to see it, but I doubt I'll have the chance.

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:22 am
by Ritterton
Well, Hadrian's Wall and cousins in Eastern England and Scotland are on my next big trip plan. Finished the freelearning course on the wall, now doing one on Portus, but am running behind in that one.

As to 7th Edition, backed it and will work on the scenario trial that I have been thinking about.

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome to zx14r, who will be taking over the character of Aricus Callidus Gladio!

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 am
by andyw666
...I may attempt to enter this villa quietly and from the rear, unnoticed...
(Harking back to the earlier conversation.) I just have to point out that in the old days of "family viewing time" 1st/2nd/3rd Dr Who, you could have spoken that line with a completely straight face.

On 'Carry on Cleopatra' of course, Kenneth Williams would have been going "mrrrrrrrrrr".

OK, mind back out of the gutter...

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 am
by Thorn
Welcome, zx14r!

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 am
by andyw666
Mr. Handy wrote:Welcome to zx14r, who will be taking over the character of Aricus Callidus Gladio!
Yes indeed, welcome zx14r!! In time for events to get a bit sporting.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:39 pm
by Ritterton
zx14r,
Welcome and I think you will find this a fun adventure. You are coming in at a great time it seems.
R

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:10 am
by jaysun81
Heads up... I will be away at a conference from Thursday (3/9) until Monday (3/13).

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:49 am
by andyw666
The die is cast indeed.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:37 am
by Ritterton
http://mdcls.blogspot.com/2016/07/abusi ... apons.html

Just found this great description of various Roman weapons.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:47 am
by andyw666
Hey Honeydog! Welcome! - Andy

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 am
by HoneyDog
I've been here for months! Claudius just isn't very prolific. He'll have his day though! And you'd all better watch out, he harbours grudges...

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:05 am
by andyw666
Huh! My apologies, just made the connection.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:19 am
by andyw666
(And of course, no offence to any ancient Egyptian readers out there.)

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:10 pm
by yockenthwaite
Sorry been a bit knocked out last week or so. So many threads since then! Think I'm caught up now. All go! :lol:

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:17 pm
by yockenthwaite
Not sure if this will work worldwide, but there's a new long Series 10 trailer.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:26 am
by Ritterton
yockenthwaite wrote:Not sure if this will work worldwide, but there's a new long Series 10 trailer.

Can't wait! Looking forward to this series.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back, and I'm glad you're feeling better! Elizabeth hasn't had much to do lately anyway, but that may be changing soon.

I can view the Series 10 trailer here in America. Looking forward to it!

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:00 am
by Mr. Handy
The Ides of March are come. Again.

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:23 pm
by DrkRoxas
Wow, I hadn't seen this thread, I just entered into the game's posts, nice to meet you all, I control Marcus Sabinus, it's a pleasure to role play with you all! Thanks for the awesome experience.

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:52 pm
by yockenthwaite
Greetings! Hope you have a fab time playing :P

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy
DrkRoxas wrote:Wow, I hadn't seen this thread, I just entered into the game's posts, nice to meet you all, I control Marcus Sabinus, it's a pleasure to role play with you all! Thanks for the awesome experience.
You're welcome, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:29 pm
by yockenthwaite
I've just asked Mr Handy to look after Elizabeth for a few weeks, as I adjust to a new lower daily dose of drugs controlling my neurological disease. Hopefully by mid April I'll be more back to my usual self, clearer thinking, and back posting. But I can't keep up with the game right now, so NPC-ing is a good strategy.

Good luck to everyone in the meantime! I will be dropping in to keep an eye on things, albeit in a dozy state.

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:38 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Best wishes for better health soon.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:01 am
by DrkRoxas
I hope you get better soon! Best of wishes for you.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:18 am
by HoneyDog
Take care Yockenthwaite! Feel better soon.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
No problem, Yockenthwaite. I'll run Elizabeth until you return. I hope you feel better too. I've also been very sleepy lately, so I understand all too well.

The adventure may actually conclude by the time you return at the pace it's going. I plan to officially announce the next one this weekend and recruit players so that I can take care of character creation while I'm off from work April 8-16 even if this adventure isn't quite finished, as I don't know when else I'll have time. That might also cut down on the downtime between adventures. All of you are welcome to return. The Time Lord and his companions can continue into the next adventure provided they survive, though Lucius's player may wish to retire him and create a new character. With his Sanity in the twenties and two indefinite insanities, he might not be cut out for further adventuring. He's also in Rome and only 36 years away from the time from which he comes, which may be as close as he'll ever get. Other characters from this adventure could in theory join the TARDIS crew.

The next scenario will be called The Horror in the Blackout, and it will be set in London in September 1940. Players who played characters in the first adventure, The Terror Out of Time, which took place in 1930, have the option of bringing them back and aging them ten years.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:54 pm
by yockenthwaite
Wow! Thanks Mr Handy :lol:

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:37 pm
by yockenthwaite
And thanks too to my fellow players for their kind comments. Much appreciated!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:13 am
by andyw666
Feel better soon, Yockenthwaite!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:16 am
by andyw666
And Mr Handy, I would love the chance to play in your next adventure!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, there's a spot for you in it!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:15 am
by Thorn
Brook is in!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:09 pm
by jaysun81
Of course I'll be there. :D

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:05 am
by DrkRoxas
Sign me up for it! :D

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:06 am
by yockenthwaite
Just dropping in to say yes please for Elizabeth in the new game. It's almost her era too, which could be interesting.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy
Thank you all for joining in the next adventure! :D

It should be even more interesting for Elizabeth because she knows so much about history, in addition to having lived through this part of it (albeit as a child and not in London).

I've created the recruitment thread here.

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:37 pm
by Ritterton
Hey folks, sorry to have gone silent there for a couple of days. Up in Victoria BC with my two teens, so as one is slowly getting ready, I am able to check and see what happened in the catacombs of the villa. Off to thetartan day celebrations and then we are doing a escape room http://www.escapewarriors.com/ set in a museum. So that should be a good time.

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back!! That sounds cool. Have fun!

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy
The Horror in the Blackout has a board that can be found at this link. This game is almost over, but there may be some delay before the next one starts, especially as it will take some time for players to join and create characters. If you're interested in playing in that one, feel free to head over there if you haven't already. You can get started on creating a new character if you're not playing a continuing one when you're ready. I'll have more time to help finalize characters and get their sheets up over the next four days than I will for some time thereafter.

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:11 pm
by DrkRoxas
I'm kind of full at the moment with work, I'll be free again on Monday, would it be okay if I created the character then? Or maybe I can just take Marcus, but I don't know how that would play out.

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:48 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, it's okay if you wait until Monday to create your character. I'll be back at work then, so it may take me more time for me to get things set up, that's all. Having Marcus become a companion might be awkward in the next adventure. His Italian looks would be met with suspicion, which would only be increased by his unfamiliarity with the time and place.

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:19 am
by yockenthwaite
And I'm back, playing Elizabeth, just as the game looks to be wrapping up. Thank you to Mr Handy for looking after Elizabeth while I recuperated.

Hope everyone enjoys new Who. We caught it earlier, on the BBC UK broadcast. Happy in this house :P

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:02 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome, and welcome back! I'm watching the new Doctor Who now (to be followed by Class), as it's 10:00 PM here.

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 pm
by DrkRoxas
Okay, work got extended, I'm creating a new character tomorrow, does that work for you? Sorry for the delay :(

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:03 pm
by Mr. Handy
That's fine, don't worry about it. I haven't been feeling good or sleeping much this week, and I don't have much time during the week anyway. Tomorrow will be good, as I have more time on weekends.

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:45 pm
by Mr. Handy
I plan to conclude the adventure next weekend, so if anyone has any final posts to make in the IC thread, please do them by then.

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
Congratulations everyone on finishing The Brotherhood of Death! I hope all of you enjoyed playing it as much as I enjoyed running it. Though this adventure is over, the campaign will continue. The fifth adventure, The Horror in the Blackout, is set in London in September 1940. It should start within the next couple of weeks. You can find the forum here. All of you are welcome to join (most already have), though except for the TARDIS crew you'll need to make new characters. You're all now free to read all of the threads in this game.

First, I'll give out rewards. Everybody gains 1D6 Sanity for defeating Scaevola. This reward may take your Sanity above its starting level, but under no circumstances will it go above 99 - Cthulhu Mythos.

Also, for those of you proceeding to the next adventure, look at your character sheets. Wherever you see a * next to a skill, that means that you've successfully used it during the adventure and have a chance to improve it. Roll 1D100 for each of these skills and post your results here. If you get higher than your current level in the skill, then roll 1D10 to see how much it increases. If you raise one or more of your skills to 90% or higher this way, you gain an additional 2D6 Sanity for each such skill. Again, this may raise your Sanity above its starting level. If you roll less than or equal to your current level in the skill, it does not increase.

Characters remaining in ancient Rome could conceivably appear in a later adventure set not too many years after this one, but that won't be for a very long time. You are free to roll for Sanity and skill increases for those characters anyway..Unfortunately, I did not have sufficient time when setting up this adventure to put together completed character sheets for those characters, and later it would have taken too long for me to go through the story and check which skills were successfully used, but you may do so yourself if you wish to make the effort. I will not be repeating that mistake with the next adventure, and several completed sheets have already been posted.

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:36 pm
by yockenthwaite
Thank you very much Mr Handy. I really enjoyed that adventure! I'm still not 100% sure what was going on in the background (in character or out of character), but it was remarkably entertaining. And thank you to all the other players for making it so much fun :P

Here are Elizabeth's die rolls.

Firstly 1d6 for Sanity gain: [dice]0[/dice]

Then rolls for each of the ticked skills, with 1d10 rolled up front for each of them, just in case I get a gain!

Climb (stat 40%): to see if fail [dice]1[/dice] and gain if do [dice]2[/dice]

Conceal (stat 15%): to see if fail [dice]3[/dice] and gain if do [dice]4[/dice]

History (stat 70%): to see if fail [dice]5[/dice] and gain if do [dice]6[/dice]

Listen (stat 38%): to see if fail [dice]7[/dice] and gain if do [dice]8[/dice]

Spot Hidden (stat 48%): to see if fail [dice]9[/dice] and gain if do [dice]10[/dice]

Thanks!

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:38 pm
by yockenthwaite
So to summarise for Elizabeth, that's:

+6 for Sanity
+1 for Climb
+9 for Conceal
+4 for Listen

Yay!

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
You''re welcome, and I'm glad you had fun! I've updated your character sheet. There were some things going on behind the scenes that were never revealed, such as Adelphus and Nefertiri's agenda. Quite a few historical characters put in appearances, and they had agendas of their own as well. It was a confusing, chaotic time even without the Mythos.

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:41 am
by andyw666
Thank you kindly, Mr Handy, just excellent!

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:02 am
by HoneyDog
Yes - thanks Mr. Handy. It was an enjoyable adventure, as well as a history lesson!

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:23 pm
by Mr. Handy
You're both welcome, and thank you for the compliments!

Once I get Sanity gains and skill increases for Story and Brook, I can get at least the TARDIS crew started on the next adventure, even if not all of the new characters have been completed yet.

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:02 pm
by jaysun81
I was away on a ministry related trip for the weekend. I'll post asap.

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:41 pm
by Thorn
I put the 1d10 rolls after the 1d100 rolls just in case :)

Brook
First Aid (30%) [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
History (20%) [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice]
Listen (45%) [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice]
Spot Hidden (45%) [dice]6[/dice] [dice]7[/dice]

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:44 pm
by Thorn
Cool, looks like Brook learned some history this time :) Raised all my marked stats, and I won't bother rolling for sanity, cause she's already got max.

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:09 pm
by Mr. Handy
Nice! Your maximum Sanity is currently 99, and you're nowhere near that. Sanity rewards can raise your Sanity above its starting level. Please do go ahead and roll 1D6 for your Sanity gain.

Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:59 am
by jaysun81
Sanity Gain: [dice]0[/dice]

Climb - 40% [dice]1[/dice]
-Potential Gain: [dice]2[/dice]

Credit Rating - 80% [dice]3[/dice]
-Potential Gain: [dice]4[/dice]

First Aid - 46% [dice]5[/dice]
-Potential Gain: [dice]6[/dice]

History - 55% [dice]7[/dice]
-Potential Gain: [dice]8[/dice]

Listen - 34% [dice]9[/dice]
-Potential Gain: [dice]10[/dice]

Martial Arts - 40% [dice]11[/dice]
-Potential Gain: [dice]12[/dice]

Psychology - 90% [dice]13[/dice] SO CLOSE!
-Potential Gain: [dice]14[/dice]

Spot Hidden - 28% [dice]15[/dice]
-Potential Gain: [dice]16[/dice]

Fist/Punch - 60% [dice]17[/dice]
-Potential Gain: [dice]18[/dice]

STATS that have increased and by what amount:
Sanity +6
Martial Arts +4
Spot Hidden +10
Fist/Punch +2

Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, I've updated the character sheets. I'll go ahead and post the initial IC thread for the TARDIS crew tonight. I can wait a little while for the Sanity increase roll for Brook, as there won't be any Sanity rolls quite this soon.

Enough time passes between adventures for Story to be fully healed by the time the next one starts.

Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:18 am
by Thorn
Brook sanity increase [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:57 pm
by aine
Thanks for yet another grand adventure, Mr Handy. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome, and I'm glad you had fun!

I'll probably move this game to the Hall of Fame this weekend, but I'll leave it here for at least the next few days.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:54 am
by Ritterton
Mr. Handy - great game. Sorry I can't go on to the next era, but boy did I enjoy it. So my notes show the following successes...going to roll just to update the character.

Artemis gaius
Insight at cleopatra palace => against a 5 [dice]0[/dice] so plus [dice]5[/dice]
status at Marcus Antonius w Lictors => against a 35[dice]1[/dice]so plus [dice]6[/dice]
Climb over the wall at Sceavola's villa => against a 60[dice]2[/dice]so plus [dice]7[/dice]
Pilla throw at guard at Villa => against a 75[dice]3[/dice] no additional gain
Sanity current max is 20 => [dice]4[/dice] = becomes 24

Really a great game and I enjoyed it. Rich story and great folks to play with. Take care and I hope to see many of you in the future.

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:09 am
by Mr. Handy
Thank you, Ritterton, you too. I'm glad you had fun!

That gives Artemis Insight at 14%, Status at 41%, and Climb at 61%. Your Sanity was reduced to 17 by the encounter with the Sphinx, so it only goes up to 21, but at least it's more than the amount with which you started.

Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:15 am
by Mr. Handy
I'll roll increases for Lucius.

Sanity gain:
[dice]0[/dice]
Climb (50% skill) XP check:
[dice]1[/dice]
Climb increase:
[dice]7[/dice]
Hide (45% skill) XP check:
[dice]2[/dice]
Insight (67% skill) XP check:
[dice]3[/dice]
Listen (50% skill) XP check:
[dice]4[/dice]
Listen increase:
[dice]8[/dice]
Sneak (72% skill) XP check:
[dice]5[/dice]
Spot Hidden (61% skill) XP check:
[dice]6[/dice]
Spot Hidden increase:
[dice]9[/dice]

Just as well he's retiring. Going into the next adventure with only 24 Sanity wouldn't have been too good...

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:47 am
by DrPeterson
It's a shame I missed the end game, but the combination of trying to stem the rising tide of international fascism, my paralysis recuperation and divorce kind of kept me away from these recreational corners of the internet.

The latter two have been dealt with, so now I have a bit more time to schwifty again.

But first to read the conclusion of the adventure.

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:45 pm
by DrPeterson
Wow, I was touched by the ending.
Thank you for that, Mr. H and crew!

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's always an emotional moment when a companion leaves, especially when he's been around for years of real time since the beginning of the campaign.