IC-Ep 5-In Over Their Heads(Leonek/Elliot/Valentine/Carla)

As UNIT's raid on Dunwich unfolds, disaster strikes. The opposition is prepared for their attack, and everything hangs in the balance of a battle that could go either way.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 5-In Over Their Heads(Leonek/Elliot/Valentine/Carl

Post by Mr. Handy »

There was no response from the Brigadier. "I didn't think that would work, but it was worth a try," Victoria said. She examined the prisoners. "Do any of you want to tell us where we can find the Brigadier?" She was met with stubborn silence. "Well, you may yet change your minds." She began to sing, a haunting melody that wordlessly conveyed a sense of unfathomable depths and the majesty of the sea.
OOC,Everyone, please make a 1d100 Resistance Table roll pitting your POW against [b]Victoria[/b]'s POW of 15. This means that [b]Leonek[/b] will succeed on a 30 or less, and [b]Elliot[/b] will succeed on a 35 or less.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Resists the siren-NOT,[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Resist roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Emilia clapped her claws. "You sing so pretty, Vicky," she said.

"Thank you, Emilia," said Victoria. She surveyed her prisoners. The men were staring back, enraptured, but Carla seemed unaffected. "Now, will you please tell me where the Brigadier is so we can end this needless killing? They're murdering my people - my family! Won't you do this for me?"
OOC,[b]Sergeant Valentine Hale[/b]'s Resistance Table roll (POW 8 vs. [b]Victoria[/b]'s POW 15: 15% chance): [dice]0[/dice] [b]Sergeant Carla Ecarg[/b]'s Resistance Table roll (POW 16 vs. [b]Victoria[/b]'s POW 15: 55% chance): [dice]1[/dice] Marine's Resistance Table roll (POW 9 vs. [b]Victoria[/b]'s POW 15: 20% chance): [dice]2[/dice]
Leonek Novak/Sergeant Valentine Hale,Until further notice, [b]Victoria[/b] is everything your heart could desire, and you are in love with her. Nothing else has changed.
Elliot Webb,Nothing seems to have changed for you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek stared at Victoria, transfixed by her heavenly voice and gloriously iridescent skin.
He nodded slowly as she asked her question and then sadly shook his head.

"Ve had our last radiocontact before ve ran into that huge thi...creature vith all the teeth and eyes. So I don't know vhere he is right now. Ve vere going to establish a command post in the Ship Inn, but if that's overrun, he could be anyvhere..."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"I'm so glad you are finally seeing things my way. I knew you'd listen to reasoning." Elliot said. Then to Victoria, "maybe we should head up to the Inn. I don't think the general trusts me anymore, but if Leonek is with me, he might listen to reason. What do you think Leonek? Can you help me talk to the general about a truce?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Now there's a thought," said Victoria. "I have a key for these chains in my oilskin sack. He might listen to Leonek, you're right. But we need to know where he is. Do any of the rest of you know?"

"Don't say a bloody word!" barked Carla.

"I really wish I could help you, Miss," said Valentine, gazing at Victoria longingly. "I came by sea with the Royal Marines, though, and the Brigadier came by land. Carla might know where he went."

The marine nodded. "You're beautiful," he told her.

Carla groaned. "What is the matter with you chaps?! Can't you see she's done something to you? It's because you're men, isn't it? It's not affecting me because I'm a woman!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Of course he doesn't trust you, you turned when you had the first opportunity to do so." Leonek spat the words out at Elliot, his face a mask of hatred for his sexual rival.

He scowled at Val, ignored Carla and nodded eagerly as he turned to Victoria.

"He's right though, I could get the big brass to listen and help you...and your people. They know my worth, I've fought your people, I returned with Dr. Kirby...", Leonek paused for just a second, the bravado his infatuation gave him faltering for a moment at the thought of the good doctor.
"Send me, I'll find the chief or hook up with others who can lead me to him and I'll relay your message."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We'd better try to locate him together first," said VIctoria. "If the inn is the command post, he's probably there. He may already be captured or killed by now. Let's head up to the surface together and head that way to see what the situation is there. Emilia, keep our prisoners company while we're gone, but don't touch them...unless they try to escape." She fished a key out of her sack and unlocked Leonek's manacles. "Both of you follow me, and please try to get along with each other. We're all on the same side here." She led the way back up the sloping tunnel.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek let out a sigh of relief as his manacles were undone.

"Do not vorry, I vill be on my best behawiour." He smiled as he rubbed his wrists and started up the corridor. "Better vatch your back though.", he added almost as an afterthought as he glanced at Elliot.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot stares at Leonek, "I never turned on anyone. I just had my eyes opened a bit earlier." He followed Leonek, keeping him between them. "And keep your mind on the job at hand, Victoria is already spoken for."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria led the way through the chamber with the altar in the center, wading around the curve and continuing up the tunnel on the left that led further upwards. "We'll take the secret passage through the ruins, then go up the road," she said, taking her shotgun out of the sack.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek trudged along, giving Elliot the cold shoulder.

He looked worriedly on as Victoria pulled the shotgun out.

"I'm not sure if it's a good idea to go in wisibly armed, Miss Wictoria. Let me go up front, they von't shoot me and I'll conwince them to talk."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot followed along, not talking. He didn't like the way Leonek was looking at Victoria, but he had a point about the shotgun.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria led the way up the ramp into another circular chamber with exits in four directions. She continued straight ahead towards the tunnel sloping upwards that led to the stairway. "I'll need the shotgun while we're on the way," said Victoria, "just in case we run into any trouble. When we get to the surface, you can take the lead while Elliot and I hang back. We still don't know who holds the inn, so we'll want to come up through the woods behind it until we can see how things are."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek frowned deeply and stopped.

"I understand your perceiwed need for security. But your..people von't attack you vhen they see us. My people vill attack if they see you are the one with a gun. They vill think ve are your hostages."

He starts to unbutton his shirt.

"I vill valk ahead and vave my white undershirt, anyone vatching vill know ve need to parlay."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"I agree Victoria, maybe I should hold the shotgun and Leonek go first. I couldn't stand it if something happened to you." Elliot added.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If your people think you're my hostages," said Victoria as they ascended the stairs, "they'll be less likely to attack me for fear of causing your deaths. Not that I'd kill you, but they don't know that. In any case, I don't intend to be seen until I'm ready. Don't worry, I'll be fine."

They soon reached the top of the stairs where the secret entrance to the caves below was open. The rain was still coming down in buckets. The ruins were deserted, but an APC was parked in the middle of the road not far away, its front facing south. "Leonek, check out the vehicle and see if anyone's in it. If not, we can use it ourselves if either of you can drive it."
Leonek Novak,[b]Leonek[/b] recalled that [b]Carla[/b] had left two soldiers from her squad outside the entrance on guard duty with most of the rockets and the PIAT. There was no sign of them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I can drive it, but there were supposed to be guards out here..."

Leonek looks around and approaches the APC. He knocks on the side of the thing and calls out.

"Anyone left in there?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"They could be hiding." Elliot says, looking for the best spot he would hide if he wanted to do an ambush.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Episode 5”