IC-Ep 5-In Over Their Heads(Leonek/Elliot/Valentine/Carla)

As UNIT's raid on Dunwich unfolds, disaster strikes. The opposition is prepared for their attack, and everything hangs in the balance of a battle that could go either way.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 5-In Over Their Heads(Leonek/Elliot/Valentine/Carla)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Caverns - Dunwich, England
12:45 AM- Saturday, September 7, 1985

Sergeant Valentine Hale awoke, groaning in pain, to find himself chained to a cavern wall he was leaning against. The chamber was partially filled with water four feet deep, and a sloping tunnel led upwards and out of it. Beside him, one of his Marines was also manacled to the wall who had apparently survived unscathed, at least physically. Next to him, Sergeant Carla Ecarg and Leonek Novak were chained up as well. Then Elliot Webb, wearing only swim trunks, waded down the tunnel and into the cavern, which had no other exits.

"Now that the sea front is secured," said Hatho from somewhere in the next chamber, out of sight, "we don't need to leave many guards here. The prisoners should give you and Emilia no trouble, Victoria. We'll go and take the inn now."

"I'm sure we can handle it," Victoria replied from the same direction. "Be careful, brother."
OOC,[b]Elliot[/b], if you want to try to treat someone's injuries, please specify which one and roll First Aid. If you succeed, then roll 1d3 to see how many HP the person recovers. [b]Valentine[/b] is injured very badly (spear wound through his torso), and [b]Leonek[/b] is also not in the best shape (he had recently been drowning).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC-Ep 5-In Over Their Heads(Leonek/Elliot/Valentine/Carl

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot looks over the people in chains, "Damn guys, I tried to warn you." He goes to Valentine and tries to stop the bleeding.
first aid roll,target = 30% [dice]0[/dice]
success,[dice]1[/dice]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek looks up at Elliot, rather exasperated.

"Varn us? Vhat are you doing here? Vhat the hell is going on?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot moves onto Leonik, "Are you injured anywhere?" He looks for obvious wounds he can bandage.
"It was a trap, I told the general that, but he wouldn't listen. Kept insisting he could waltz right in here. Idiot." Elliot said as he goes to work on Leonik.
First Aid,[dice]0[/dice]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elliot managed to stop Valentine's bleeding, but he couldn't do much more than that for him. "Thanks..." he moaned. As Elliot began to examine Leonek, Victoria and Emilia came down the tunnel and waded into the cavern. Victoria wore a black swimsuit that would normally be fetching if she weren't so obviously a fish-person. Elliot soon saw that Leonek had gotten some water in his lungs, but there wasn't really any way he could see to treat him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Just as Leonek was about to reply, the two women walk in and he changes the subject.

"Vhat are you going to do to us?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"They won't hurt you," Elliot replied for them. "They were just defending their home. You've swallowed too much sea water, Victoria can you help him. You're better at this than me."

Elliot moves over to the others to see if they are injured. The marine looks okay, so he moves onto Seargent Ecarg. "Seargent, are you ok, any injuries?" he asks her.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sergeant Ecarg was babbling incessantly, going on about monstrous horrors that were now all too familiar to Elliot. She did not appear to be injured.

"I'm not that good," said Victoria, "but I'll try my best." She approached Leonek. "We never did you any harm, but you people attacked us. You are lucky you weren't killed outright in your aggression. Your ultimate fate is up to our mother, but if you cooperate I think we can arrange an exchange of prisoners after your people surrender." She examined him. "I'm sorry, but I don't think there's anything I can do. Anabel would be better at this than I would."
OOC,[b]Elliot[/b], please roll Psychology. [b]Victoria[/b]'s First Aid roll (30% base skill) treating [b]Leonek[/b]'s injury: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek tries to refrain from wincing and answers indignant.

"Ve attacked you? You vere the ones that kidnapped Dr. Kirby. And you vere going to marry her to one of those crea...I mean, one of your kind! And who is this Mother?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Psychology,target = 5% [dice]0[/dice]
"Sergeant, snap out of it. They are not like you and I, but they aren't monsters. Some are actually, beautiful." Elliot finishes as he looks over at Victoria.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria graced Elliot with a wide smile. "Thank you, dear," she says before turning back to Leonek. "What happened with Dr. Kirby was a misunderstanding. She would have been willing to marry my brother once she understood our people better. Anyway, you took her away, so you should have been satisfied with that. There was no need to bring war upon a town of innocent people. We are not so different from you, and we only wish to live in peace. My mother is Y'Hali, the High Priestess of Mother Hydra. You shall meet her soon enough."
Sergeant Carla Ecarg,Your temporary insanity is now over, and you may act freely - or at least as freely as someone chained to a cavern wall can act. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"A misunderstanding? But in the meantime you vere holding her hostage until she reconsidered? How many other vomen have you forced into this and how many more vould you have abducted hadn't ve come here?"

Leonek starts coughing, the salt water in his lungs burning his insides.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"You need to cough that water out, or you'll get pneumonia I think." Elliot says, not really sure. "If it was a kidnapping, why a full scale invasion? People are kidnapped all the time, you don't go in guns blazing for that. And I freed her already and I wasn't being held captive. If you wanted to arrest someone, send the police, not the army. I think the general has a personal agenda here. We need to find out whats really going on."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're absolutely right, Elliot," said Victoria. "I suspect he's motivated by bigotry. Our people are forced to live in the shadows because of zealots like him, people who hate and kill what they do not understand."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek is outraged:
"The police? You control the police here! And vhy send the army?! Have you seen that enormous ball of mutating snot and fangs?! You von't turn us against our own vith your silly conspiracies!"

He starts to cough violently, letting groans of pain as the binder cut into his wrists.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Leonik, I'm not trying to turn you against anyone. But look around. How many have died tonight? You almost drowned. Valentine almost died, and for what?" Elliot looked around the chamber. "We had already rescued the doctor. Why are you even here? Because they look different? No, this is the general's own personal war."
He pauses to see if any of this is seeping into the soldiers. "It wasn't a rescue mission, there was no immediate threat to anyone. The only non-native here was me, and I called and told him I was fine. So what exactly was so urgent we had to rush in the military to take over this little town? What couldn't wait for us to try and start a dialog, that oh yea, I already had started. What couldn't wait even one more day?"
Elliot looks down, and walks over to Victoria taking her hand. "No Leonik, you aren't attacking monsters here. We are the monsters."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're not a monster at least, Elliot," said Victoria, squeezing his hand. "You understand. That's part of why I fell in love with you." She looked Leonek in the eye. "Too many people have died tonight, on both sides. It's time to end this pointless conflict."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek rolls his eyes at the display of affection before him, unsure whether to applaud this cross-cultural bonding or to regurgitate violently.

"I am wery glad for you to hawe penetrated the General's mind and seen through all of humanity's nefarious plans to destroy these obwiously peace-lowing creatures, Elliot! Next time vhen someone kidnaps someone you lowe, I'm sure you'll be glad to just sawe her and shake hands with the kidnappers! I may be up in chains, but you are the one being bound!"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"So you are admitting the general is on a personal vendetta? " Elliot replies with a question.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm pretty sure he meant that as sarcasm, Webb," said Sergeant Valentine Hale, his voice weak.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 5”