IC-Ep 5-SNAFU(Salem/Newton)

As UNIT's raid on Dunwich unfolds, disaster strikes. The opposition is prepared for their attack, and everything hangs in the balance of a battle that could go either way.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 5-SNAFU(Salem/Newton)

Post by dustakr »

OOC,1d4 roll: [dice]0[/dice] Well missed roll, Here is correct 1d4: [dice]1[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You lose 1 Sanity. Now it''s your turn to act. Please decide what you're going to do and post accordingly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Newton hesitated, seemingly unsure of what to do. Salem let the pistol fall from his hand, where it clattered on the floor. "All right, stand down," he ordered. "I know when we're licked." The UNIT soldiers with him likewise dropped their weapons.

"A wise decision," said Y'Hali. "I take it you are in charge here. Where is your leader, this Brigadier?"

"This is Priwate Novak," said Leonek's voice on the radio. "I am in the company of a representatiwe of the...of the Sea Devils. They vant to parlay for peace. Requesting orders."

"If they wish to surrender," replied the Brigadier, "that's all well and good. But they'd better not think they can dictate terms to us. What's your position and status, Private?"

"Is that him on the radio?" asked Y'Hali. "I want you to contact him and tell him that we've taken the inn and captured or killed everyone here. Then tell him I wish to discuss the terms of his surrender."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'.. Dr. Shields, we must defend Inn...,' weak response from Newton as he still holds prod in his one hand..
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The hybrid with the knife pressed the blade against the neck of the sailor he held, drawing a trickle of blood. "Drop your weapons," he snarled. "We won't warn you again!"

Two Sea Devils came in through the broken rear door, both of them wounded and without their spears. "All of the humans out back are either dead or run away, High Priestess," one reported.

Salem shook his head. "It's too late to defend the inn," said Salem to Newton. "They're coming in the front and the back now, and they have hostages. It's over. We've lost. Do as they say and drop your weapons."

"Ve are currently en route to the Ship Inn, sir," said Leonek on the radio. "The rest of my team is either captiwe or dead. I am in the company of Vebb and a wery fine representatiwe of the Sea Dewils."

"So you've been captured by them too?" the Brigadier said. "And what do you mean by 'very fine representative'? You're starting to sound like Webb. The last I heard, the Ship Inn was under attack. Get the Sea Devils to call that attack off if you can."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Newton drops weapons.. tries to conceal suntan lotion...'I guess, you can call in brigadier about situation we are in.. Dr. Shields', Newton then turns back to female sea devil.. 'if its alright with you.. can you tell me, why insist on drawing resistance on Dunwich.. why not retreat...or surrender?'.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Sea Devils who had entered from the rear each picked up a spear from their fallen comrades. One of them gathered up all of the surrendered weapons, while Y'Hali handed her hostage to the other. "Because this is our home," she said simply to Newton. "We will never surrender to genocidal maniacs who have invaded it, and we will never abandon it. We fought for our home, just like you would fight for yours...and we have won!"

"I am not a traitor!...sir..." replied Leonek on the radio in an angry tone. He paused, and then he continued in a calmer one. "And yes, I am their prisoner. Shall I tell that if they call of the attack on the Ship Inn ve vill negotiate a truce?"

"It's too late for that," said Salem Shields into the microphone, his voice despondent. "This is Trap One. The enemy has taken us. They breached us from both sides, Greyhound One, and they have hostages. We had no choice but to surrender." Y'Hali approached him. "I think their leader wants to talk to you."

"I am High Priestess Y'Hali," she said on the radio. "Your command post has fallen. Your assault on our temple has failed. Your people have all been killed, captured, or driven away. Your naval vessels have been sunk. You have lost. Now we shall discuss your surrender and end this bloodshed. No more lives need be lost tonight. If you kill any more of my people, I promise that you will not get out alive."

"Let me get back to you," said the Brigadier after a short pause.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'..let us help you..we want no more of this fight..and its meaningless continuing this way.. you need to understand we are here to contain the situation before it gets skewed..we have to be quite about it...' Newton wont always know when to stop talking...'Salem, you need to convince Priestess here...'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If you want to help," said Y'Hali, "convince your leader to stop fighting. I don't want further pointless deaths any more than you do, but he clearly does. You have to understand that we didn't start this war. You invaded our home, and we fought to defend it. And we won."
OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

ooc,Listen Roll; [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Newton Noyes,[b]Newton[/b] could hear a vehicle outside approaching the rear of the inn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

OOC,is Y'Hali knows about mass awakening caused by device built by dr. smith and 'Master'...can I ask her about why they abandon Master..why was there no need of him to help sea devils...keeping aside their strength and number..
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You have no way of knowing what she knows unless she tells you. You're free to ask her whatever you like.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'its been a long time since I have seen so much ignorance towards once being..you woke up from deep sleep, you been given another chance to make things right .. you do not want to listen, abandoning each and every help we have possibly provided. We tried to negotiate you long before this, but you attacked us again..abandoned your own 'Master' who has freed you from your deep sleep..being responsible for everything...how can you defend this...' Newton walks and stand along side Dr. Shields.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The hybrids picked up assault rifles and herded the captive humans into a corner.

"You are mistaken on multiple counts," replied Y'Hali. "We have not slumbered, unlike many of our kind. In the ancient past, many of our people believed that the moon would crash into the Earth and went into hibernation to survive the expected cataclysm. Such did not happen, and my ancestors were among those who knew the others were wrong and remained awake. We only moved into this area in the last forty years. We did have contact with another group of Deep Ones, for such is our people's name, that served someone who called himself the Master, but they did not end well. We have been minding our own business here. It is you humans who attacked us without attempting to negotiate. It is you who display ignorance and do not want to listen. And now you have lost."
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
An Inn Too Far
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 5”