IC-Ep 5-Storming the Castle(Everyone else)

As UNIT's raid on Dunwich unfolds, disaster strikes. The opposition is prepared for their attack, and everything hangs in the balance of a battle that could go either way.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 5-Storming the Castle(Everyone else)

Post by aine »

Tobias shakes his head at the radio report, the seaside front was weakened and he imagines all sorts of nastiness invading on that side now. He just hopes it can't climb steps.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem's voice continued speaking on the radio, trying to contact Greyhound Two. There was no response.

"I doubt there's anything for us in the carriage house," said the Brigadier. "The kitchen entrance is our best bet." He led his group around the corner of the carriage house and across the grounds to the mansion's side door, which he tried. "Blast, it's locked," he whispered.

Gordon hurried away from the wall in an effort to catch up with the others, making it as far as the carriage house.

Dr. Kirby still couldn't quite ascend the wall, and Virgil was equally stymied. However, the last UNIT soldier finally made it over along with Peter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

"Let me have a look sir." Tobias investigates the lock but it's the old fashioned sort and he curses himself for forgetting to ask for replacement 'tools of the trade' back at the QM office. "Sorry, sir, I don't reckon I can open it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Allow me," said Valerie Soames.She removed a pin from her hair, slipped it into the lock, and jiggled it around. Almost immediately the tumblers clicked into place and she pushed the door open, revealing a darkened kitchen.

"Well done," whispered the Brigadier, slipping into the house first with his pistol at the ready. "Follow me."

Gordon reached the exterior of the house just as the others entered.

Peter and the UNIT soldier hurried across the grounds, reaching the carriage house.

Dr. Kirby remained stranded outside the wall, as did Virgil.
OOC,Everyone entering the house (such as [b]Tobias[/b] and [b]Donald[/b]), please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
NFVD
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by NFVD »

Spoiler:
Donald's Spot Hidden (45%) roll 1d100=20
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Staff Sergeant Donald Forney,[b]Donald[/b] happened to glance back and caught a glimpse of a rectangular plastic object attached to the wall beside the door through which they had entered. The open door nearly blocked his view of it. It had a numeric keypad, and there was a red light blinking on the panel. It looked like a home security system, and a high end one at that. He knew that this sort of device typically worked by giving whoever entered the home a short amount of time, less than a minute, to enter a specific code. Failure to do so in time would result in the alarm sounding.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
NFVD
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by NFVD »

"Look at that!" says Sgt. Donald pointing at the security keypad, "I think we're about to loose the element of surprise. Anyone knows enough of electronics to deal with it?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"My turn to shine," said Tinker, taking out an odd-looking device. "I'll have that alarm deactivated in no time, or my name's not Raymond MacIntyre."

She pointed it at the keypad, and it made a low humming sound. The red light winked out. "There, all done."

The contraption reminded Tobias and Valerie of the sonic device that Story had used to get into and start a car, but it looked somewhat different.

Now that there was time to look around, the group scouted the kitchen, which smelled strongly of fish. A counter divided the room nearly in half, and everything looked clean and spotless. There were a big table, a lengthy range with three ovens underneath, a dishwasher, a cutting board with several large knives in a rack above it, a toaster, a huge refrigerator/freezer, a dumbwaiter, and numerous drawers and cabinets. A short set of stairs led down to a plain wooden door on the left, and a more elaborate door was on the opposite side of the kitchen from the exit.

"This is as far as I got," said Valerie. "Elliot used the dumbwaiter to get upstairs and rescue Dr. Kirby, but I was too big to fit inside. Those stairs go down to the pantry, wine cellar, and a walk-in freezer. The big door must lead further into the house. Young Val would know more about the layout of the house than I would. I wonder what's keeping her."

Gordon entered from outside, out of breath from his sprint across the grounds. Peter and the soldier with him closed the rest of the distance to the house.

Dr. Kirby finally found her footing and vaulted over the wall, lowering herself down the other side and hurrying across to the carriage house. Virgil Soames still couldn't quite make it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Command Central, this is Elliot, come in," said Elliot Webb's voice on the radio. "Calling command central please respond."

"This is Greyhound One," replied the Brigadier. "Webb, where the bloody hell are you? What's your situation? Over."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sir, thank God," Elliot responded, "Listen sir, I'm in the middle of all this mess, and sir, your forces are in serious trouble. You don't know what a shit storm you have walked into. You need to pull out now sir, NOW."

"It's not as bad as all that," said the Brigadier. "I know what has happened to our naval forces, but our ground troops are doing well. Now, where exactly are you? I'll send some people to get you."

"Trap One, we've arrived at the Rose Cottage," said a man's voice on the radio.

"Understood," replied Salem Shields.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I am fine, sir," replied Elliot, "you don't need to worry about me. But you have no idea what you are facing. Pull back, let's open a dialogue with them, before any more good people are killed."

"That's not going to happen, Webb," said the Brigadier. "Now tell me where you are. That is a direct order!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm on the beach, sir," Elliot said over the radio.

"Where on the beach?" asked the Brigadier. "Webb? Webb!" There was no reply. "I could have some troops sent from the inn to scout the beach, but it could be a trap. That might be just what they want us to do. We still can't trust Webb, but I don't want to leave him there either."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Post by Vladd »

Peter shook his head sadly, "I am sorry to say sir, it sounds like he has been compromised. We should proceed as we planned and worry about him later,"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Virgil easily cleared the wall and raced to the cover of the carriage house, while Dr. Kirby crossed the distance towards the house itself.

"Yes, you're right," said the Brigadier. "We want to find Bertie Lake. Where in the house would he be?"

"My guess is he's upstairs," said Valerie Soames. "Hopefully still asleep. Unfortunately, I haven't been up there. Elliot has, but..." She lowered her head, then looked outside. "Young Val would know. She's almost here now."

"All right. It looks like we'll have to bring the bulk of our forces through the door ahead and find some stairs. Does anyone stealthy and short of stature want to try going up in the dumbwaiter and scouting around?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Post by johnson41996 »

Doctor Gordon Baxter, breathing heavily, moves to the dumbwaiter. "So im really doing this..." He thought to himself. A lesser man might of succumbed to panic at this point, but Gordon was anything but, cool and decisive, ever since his youth. Thinking back to his days in medical school, he almost laughed out loud in the silence of the house. Mother told me joining the forces would be a mistake. Little did we know. "I will take point, if i can fit that is..." He looks at his slight paunch as he says this "Once i reach the top, i will signal down and someone else can accompany me if they wish" Gordon pulls out his 9mm and ensures hes locked and loaded, and eyeballs the cramped compartment, attempting to see if he can fit, ignoring the questionable stares of his companions. Time is of the essence and Gordon, used to making quick life or death decisions, understood that better than most. "To many lives have been lost already, and we have just began this mission. I wont sit in the sidelines any longer and let others risk their own."Gordon holsters his firearm where he can draw it quickly if needed but out of sight, draws his knife and palms it in his sleeve, and pulls out his medical kit and shoulders it in a way that its visible.
Rolls:,Here are some rolls to save time: Gordon Baxter Size - 11 Spot Hidden 25 [dice]1[/dice] Listen 25 [dice]2[/dice] Sneak 10 [dice]0[/dice] Hide 10 [dice]3[/dice] My god i struggled to get the spoiler button to work. Let me know if im out of pocket in making decisions or rolls like that, this is my first time playing :P Off to a great start it seems. Hopefully i dont fit in the dumbwaiter lol
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Those rolls aren't needed at this time, but I'll apply them later if they're needed then. First I need you to roll to see if you can fit in the dumbwaiter at all. To do that, you'll need to roll against (20-SIZ) x 10. Since your SIZ is 11, this means you'll need to roll 1d100 and get a 90 or less. [b]Valerie Soames[/b] also has SIZ 11, but she rolled higher than 90 when she tried it the last time she was here. Anyone with SIZ 10 or less could fit automatically.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnson41996 »

Gordon sucks in his gut and attempts to squeeze in the cramped compartment
Size Roll:,20-SIZEx10=90 [dice]0[/dice]
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gordon easily squeezed himself into the dumbwaiter. "All right, but be careful," said the Brigadier, "and stay in contact over the radio. Good luck."

Valerie Kirby rushed in from outside. "We probably want to go two floors up," she said. "That's where I was held prisoner, in a guest room. I know where the servants' stairs are. Elliot brought me down that way."

"All right, we'll head up them. Where's Soames?"

"He's not too far behind me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnson41996 »

OOC,so am i just waiting for someone to pull me up?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gordon pulled the rope to raise the dumbwaiter up to the next floor, where there was another sliding panel. Peering out through the crack, he saw a limited glimpse of a hallway extending to the left and right. It appeared to be empty at the moment. According to the others, there was another floor above this one.

Virgil Soames entered the side door of the kitchen as the Brigadier led the way through the interior door into the hall beyond. It extended a short distance before rounding a corner to the right, with doors lining the hall on either side. "That way," whispered Valerie Kirby, pointing around the corner.
OOC,You have to pull yourself up. The ropes are reachable from within the compartment.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 5”