OOC Stuff

In the late 22nd Century, there is a small human colony on Titan. Operational for six months, life is tough and challenging, but strange geological activity threatens to unearth alien horror and madness!

Moderator: Supercape

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: OOC Stuff

Post by DrPeterson »

Yeah, Beta sounds good. Surely those aliens won't be able to follow us ;)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

That thought occurred to me too, but there's not really much we can do about it. Even if we took a roundabout route, they could still easily follow our tracks. It's better to get back there faster. Besides, they probably already know where the bases are if they can fly around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

And we're in a bit of a panic, so the choice is quickly made ;)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 10 months

Post by Supercape »

Sorry for the last post blatant plot - pointer! :) To fluff that up, you geniuses can pretty much work out the pattern of air/temperature loss from the readouts being given - the outer airlock door is slowly losing integrity and the pattern of loss is pretty clearly some kind of erosion (i.e. parabolic)...
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

An anti-acid / alkali / chemical solution? Easy!

Getting it up in time may not be so easy!

Can you throw me an idea roll to remember how / where to get some of said chemical on base? Feel free to narrate exactly where it is or how you get it.

If that fails (or indeed succeeds), you can roll a chemistry skill - a success means you can synthesise a customised antidote to the chemical which will be much more effective.

Failure on both counts means you can get some alkaline and rush to the door, but it will be too late....

Any other plans, feel free to sing out!
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Sorry for my misunderstandings!

Mr Handy's note:

My plan was for us to open the outer airlock door with the inner door sealed, then spray their weapon with ours, thus destroying their weapon. After that, we can seal the outer hatch again.

This looks good, but if the inner door sealed how would you spray their weapon? Apologies if I am being dense. Or are you saying you go (in exo suits) into the airlock, then seal the inner door behind you, open the outdoor door - whoosh of your weapon, close the outer door, and then re enter the base? (if all goes well).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. That's why I said to suit up before we went into the airlock.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

So edited / deleted / tidied up etc ! :)
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

So you have some time on your side - at least, you think you do!

Stage is yours! Repairs? Preparations? Waking up the injured? Going back out there? Basket Weaving? :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dr. Bloom should wake up Drake so someone can talk to him. I'd like to try again to get a message through to Earth.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

I'd like to do some crosswords, please. :)

Talking to Drake seems like a priority, just like getting our comms through. Having a look at the alien tech could prove useful too.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

I'm just gonna lose myself in a bottle. And then sort out that aerial to get the comms through; whatever it takes. I'm good at both of them. Not so good with personnel so will leave Drake and co to the indubitable Hattie!
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Cool stuff, please post to that effect!

At this point, whilst the EM storm is still active, its a little ablated, and with time you can get a message through; I'll ask for a communication roll for whoever sends the message - a fail means the message might be a little distorted and missing one or two key facts, but the bulk of it will get through.

If Seth wants to get drunk, feel free to! He can also climb outside to try and boost the signal of the communications dish Muahahaha! Foolhardy! Not quite sure what skill to use for that; ill just default to Electrical / Mechanical Repair if thats ok. It will cost you some reserve power to do so, however, so bear in mind if done your generators won't have any more spare juice. If you can boost the dish, Ill say thats a +25% to communications rolls at base (at least sending them, receiving is still normal!).

Also if any one feels like a first aid attempt on Hatties Frostbite, please go ahead! Otherwise Dr Bloom will (And arguably he is better qualified!)
DrPeterson wrote:I'd like to do some crosswords, please. :)
7 Letters, Starts with C: Enormous ancient God slumbering in forgotten submarine city.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

I'll be on one or more mountains in Ireland till the 14th, so I probably won't be able to post.
Supercape, feel free to NPC Hattie.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Will do, although 14th is not that far away, so at most it will be 1 or 2 "filler" posts!

Enjoy!
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Enjoy"

Dr. P. You'll be suffering a little from rain then. Just the odd spot, I imagine.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

COmmander Hattie takes charge!

If you are following her orders:

Making a projection yield of the explosion is fairly easy for Sam. She can certainly work out how to - or not how to - blow up TItan. A physics roll will give precise calculations. A failed physics roll will still give her a rough estimate, but only a rough one.

Seth Dylan can modify the multisensors to different frequencies improving Mi-Go detection, based on the limited data readings you have. Probably best to use an electronics roll to actually modify them successfully.

A CAT scan of Rons brain is easy enough to do. It will look normal. A medicine roll to look for fine detail please!

Library use to search for files regarding telepathy or ESP with the help of Boss.Dr Bloom will roll [dice]0[/dice]
And not find anything particularly helpful.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

I'm off to the East Coast (England) and the Big Smoke for a week; I don't know if I'll be able to post or not.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Back after a horribly long delay (due to horribly busy work...)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome back!

Return to “Titanic Horror”