OOC Stuff

In the late 22nd Century, there is a small human colony on Titan. Operational for six months, life is tough and challenging, but strange geological activity threatens to unearth alien horror and madness!

Moderator: Supercape

Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Re: OOC Stuff

Post by Supercape »

SAN roll for Bloom: [dice]0[/dice] so looses 1 SAN
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Sorry, I meant the comms module that Seth is returning to _where they were trying to send a signal- not the command module. Unless the interior doors are all in lock down in which case he has a choice of staying in the hanger... or heading outside...
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

I think Hatties last command was to seal everything? But maybe DrPeterson could elucidate? :)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Yeah, Hattie may have accidentally told Boss to seal off everything...
But I'm sure Seth has plenty of skills to get out :)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Dummm dummm daaaaaah!

You ok to work with that, aine?
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

I don't mind changing my post a bit, it would be shitty for aine to get stuck there.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

No, no, that's cool. Garage fun.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Aine, if you have any ideas about where to go with Seth or how I can help get him back in the thick of it...?
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Seth's heading outside...
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

I think to keep Seth in the action, a narrative wave of the rules. Seth can bypass a door given his background. I shall interpret the failed repair roll as meaning door / airlock jammed afterwards, but in fairness I think its best to say Seth can join the others!
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

I've just watched The Martian. Which really helps with visualisation for Titan.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

It does indeed! Just more dark!
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Supercape, Does Seth hear the radio call in his suit, would he know which dome to approach from the outside? If not,can you randomly decide which module he attempts to enter or maybe something else happens whilst he is outside...
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

I think for the purposes of narrative, lets have Seth hear the call? Probably best to get everyone together again.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Ok to keep this going, ill do a slightly clumsy scene cut to the Infirmary.

Aine - please narrate however you wish for Seth to come back in - best to get us all together once more. i'll suggest its one of those points that narrative consistency may have to be sacrificed a little in order to play a game! :)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Sorry about the delay, guys and girl, I was in Normandy.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Sorry about the delay myself, I have been very run down last week due to stuff, stuff, and other stuff.

So; going to pause a few days here - I think the consensus (and not an unreasonable one!) is to RUN! which is fine.

Broadly speaking what are peoples views on the next chapter?

Thrilling escape off-Titan in the cold reaches of space?
Battling aliens (and worse) on Titan to get to the Ship?
More social / interaction (not necessarily conflict) with the Mi-Go (involving their discovered underground city)?
Bending the narrative a bit more to mysticism / magic / horrible summonings and banishments?

And finally, if you do make the escape without being transformed into a brain-in-a-jar, what then? What is earths response? I kind of imagine they would send a reinforcement ship, which might even meet you half way, turn you around, and force you to go back to Titan (this time with Plasma Rifles instead of pistols?) Is there a follow up thread - and would you be interested in one? (Alien and Aliens spring to mind, so the follow up thread would have to be called Titanic Horrors....)

No need to answer straight away, just sounding you out for thoughts.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You should probably surprise us about what exactly comes next. With the Mi-Go, it seems like it should have a more science-fiction flavor, with any "magic" being of the sufficiently advanced technology form. I'd be interested in a followup where we return to Titan in force along the lines of Aliens. If Earth got our message, they're definitely going to do something about it. If I know my humans, the response will be violent and brutal. Of course, there will need to be a reason why we don't just "nuke the site from orbit" and actually land on Titan.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

I concur with Mr Handy for the most part.
A motive for landing could be recovery of alien tech, knowing our corrupt (futuristic) corporation run governments, that would be the only reason they'd need.

And I'm thinking having Hattie go with the Mi-Go to distract them long enough for the others to escape.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Although Seth just wants to get off this scary ball of dirt and go somewhere nice and quiet; he's likely to be drafted in as an 'expert' by the Human corporations to be part of the return task force. They'd have their hands full with his anti-establishment-tarismismimsm.

Return to “Titanic Horror”