OOC Stuff

In the late 22nd Century, there is a small human colony on Titan. Operational for six months, life is tough and challenging, but strange geological activity threatens to unearth alien horror and madness!

Moderator: Supercape

Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Re: OOC Stuff

Post by Supercape »

Sorry for delay on this.

Essentially I am caught with what to do with Seth; unless people object, I will propose we just wait the next 5 days till aine gets back?

Sorry for disruption.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm fine with waiting. She's missing from my game too, but there she can simply stay put if she does nothing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

No worries, I'm glad for the delay, really.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

And we are back on; threads now split temporarily.

The ventilation ducts are suitable for SIZ 10 or below to move through reasonably easy. At higher SIZ you would be squeezing and quite limited, up to SIZ 15 maximum.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Thanks for waiting chaps! I'm back and raring to go.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome back, dear!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, welcome back!

Are we allowed to read each other's threads, or should we stay out of them?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

And welcome back as well!

I am normally of the opinion that is players choice! I trust you not to metagame.

Ultimately you may feel that you would prefer to be kept in the dark for your own suspense, or you may feel it helps your engagement with the whole thing and aides crafting a better story. Your call! :)

If there is anything I judge absolutely should be the providence of just one player / character I will use pm!
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

ok so apologies for getting all Western / Pulp / Mexican Standoff for a moment...

Seth gets a DEXx5% chance of getting the first shot off. Otherwise its Drake.

Aine, if you could roll the DEXx5% and a Plasma Pistol skill shot; its not quite point blank range but I will allow a +10% chance to hit for relatively short range (making Seths chance 70%).

On a miss, could you throw me a luck roll; inevitably something will get damaged if you miss, but a luck roll will mean its relatively minor (and you can repair it even if it causes power loss), whilst a poor luck roll means boom - type action (not lethal, but something like an electric discharge or fire or getting sprayed with Scifinium gas).

MrHandy/Sam: You will certainly hear plasma fire. Make a listen roll to hear the conversation just prior to / after the shot (whatever Seth or Drake say in the IC thread). Your assumption might be of course that the plasma fire is from George Long.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Jeez, guys, we're having all sorts of lifesaving adventures and you're in a scrap.
Warmongers :D
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

On that note, as blood transfusions take a few minutes ++, anything Hattie would want to do whilst hooked up with tubes?
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Close her eyes and think of England?

No, nothing that she'd be able to do hooked up to a tube.

So unless the doc is going to stab her in the skull, I don't mind fastforwarding half an hour. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It wasn't me! I wasn't even there! ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

I promise this is not my usual style - especially so soon in a game too!

Invisible Castle isn't working for me so I've dusted off the dice and got 78 for dex and 38 for plasma pistol, which is a hit I think. Supercape, could you roll damage for me as I don't know the amount?

Seth tips the brim of his sombrero just a bit and chews off the end of his cigar.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Yeah IC is down so Im rolling the real stuff: I got 12 Damage. Fortunately Ron has 15 HP (he is a big fit ex-military man). Still, I'm going to say that knocks him unconscious for the purposes of the thread. Plus all the normal narrative about severely injured with burns and needing medical attention.

NB: Struck me that whilst Seth is a pretty hardened fellow he just watch a man burn half to death by his own hand, and the wrong man at that. I think that warrants a 0/1D3 SAN check!
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

So we appear to have made a mistake in continuity about Seth having access to a plasma pistol. It is in fact a conversation I had with Aine over pm before the shooting.

I'll take my share of the "blame" for not double checking, but on the other hand the deed is done and this is a game, not a blame-game. I am highly disinclined to rewind over the mistake, partly because of momentum but mainly because (to my mind) the transpirations have been great fun!

If anyone has some view or idea how to address this, please chip in. My view is that continuity is of minimal importance other than that required for a reasonable suspension of disbelief - in other words, we do a sticky-plaster retcon that Hattie did not take her pistol.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

I concur, it's more dramatic this way.

I'll edit the post, so it'll appear like nothing happened ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yeah, we can always say that Hattie decided to leave her plasma pistol behind for Seth after all.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Sorry, my fault for reading incorrectly. I thought Hattie had kicked her gun over for Seth to pick up and only Sam retrieved hers. If you like, have Seth's gun now break so he can't use it again, and have Hattie pick up one in the infirmary. Then it's only poor old Ron who really suffers.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Thanks for going with the flow chaps. Lets go with keeping the Gun functional. You may need it, and besides, I was actually quite gripped by the whole story so far! its worked out v well!

Return to “Titanic Horror”