OOC Stuff

In the late 22nd Century, there is a small human colony on Titan. Operational for six months, life is tough and challenging, but strange geological activity threatens to unearth alien horror and madness!

Moderator: Supercape

Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 10 months

Re: OOC Stuff

Post by Supercape »

aine wrote:Just a heads up: I've just booked a holiday from Sept 20th to Oct 11th and I doubt I'll be able to get online easily. Supercape, will you be able to npc Seth? Or incarcerate him somewhere but I'd rather he carried on the fun. Sorry about the timing but it's been due two years! I'm loving the game by the way.
Of course (and enjoy your holiday).

What I will try to do is keep the camera off Seth. If need by, Ill make brief posts ~ if I have to ~ to keep it going. If you do have any ideas, or do get online whilst on holiday, please chip in! I presume you will pick him on return from your much deserved break! :)

Glad you enjoy!

PS If Seth is fiddling with the reactor (And the others let him!) please make a repair roll. As noted above, you can easily fix it, the question is if you can give it a knowing tap with your elbow and get the glitch out, or need an hour or two for full diagnostic run etc etc.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

:) haha! Flights to Jakarta and then....?? Sulawesi or Flores maybe. So much there it's hard to choose. Nice though! :D

I'll be back to pick up the pieces on Titan.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Officially jealous. I'd love to see Flores and go hunting for the little people! :D

Enjoy and mind where you sit. ;)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Right I think we are heading towards a scene cut to Alpha base?

T-Prop flying duties by I guess Hattie; its a little bumpy ride but not going to be calling for any skill rolls.

No rush to scene cut but putting it out there; if so, my want to say or narrate how you are doing the flight and what you are bringing with you. I will presume Seth, Hattie, and Sam will go. You might have to persuade Dr Bloom to come with you; up to you guys.

of course if you have any other ideas about what to do, please sing out!
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Presuming you are searching, please feel free to make spot hidden rolls, and, if you wish to examine Buddy, a Repair roll.

The lighting here is a little poor, but feel free to light some emergency chemical flares or something.

NB: On the principle that Titan is Dark and Hazy in nature, there may be penalties to spot hidden or other rolls due to visibility, so do feel free to play up that aspect in IC posts, and also any attempts to improve matters. Broadly speaking a multi-tool can function as a reasonable spot-torch, but you do have a couple of emergency flares e.g. in vehicles and so on. In addition your Exo-suit has Light Intensifier and IV goggles, but of course this is not fool-proof! Seth of course has a more powerful torch with him. For now, no penalties.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Booby Trap Spotted! (by Hattie and Sam)

Pal's data core can be downloaded with that Electronics skill by Hattie, so keep hold of that.

However, the booby trap does need disarming. Again, there is a time issue: with the right tools, lighting and plenty of time there is an almost certainty (99%) that one of you can disarm it, being very methodical, slow, and so on.

Manually disarming more quickly would be a DEXx5% roll to do safely. Its not so much technically difficult but fiddly. You might have other ideas or clever brainwaves to disarm which would boost the roll or succeed (and may need an Idea roll). Of course, you may just want to press on.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Would Hattie know if the foam gun solution would do to neutralise the reaction of the trap?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Chemistry roll to make sure! :)

You could still proceed with uncertainty down that path, of course!
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Chemistry 40%,[dice]0[/dice]
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Just to build on Aine post, you have a "Drug-Gun", essentially a palm sized device that administers drugs quickly. If you want to use it offensively, ill say it is a 25% base skill, or you can use it after a successful grapple. Note the Med-"gun" is actually unranged, its just a drug dispenser (although no doubt you could do some clever modifications to make it function as a short range projectile thing).

Omnicalm, if used with a pharmacy roll, can stop temporary insanity with minimal sedative effects (-5% to everything). If used as a knockout or with a failed pharmacy roll its CONx5% to avoid falling unconscious, or failing that you are highly sedated (-20% to everything), aswell as temporary insanity cured. Omnicalm is also potentially addictive.

[Off the top of my head rules please suggest otherwise!]
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

You are of course welcome to scream, shout, and dance, but I left the IC post vague with the presumption you were not making any undue sound.

On that note, listen rolls
Spoiler:
Not so stealthy footsteps approach!
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Depends on what you'd call undue ;)

I've a question on skill checks. Do we check the skill checks we pass, and see if we can increase them in between chapters?
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

I would suggest so yes.

I plan for only 2 or 3 chapters. If people feel sufficiently infused the setting can go on but of course insanity and death
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Quick query / roll; if Seth is hiding from the advancing Drake, could I have a hide roll! :)
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

So Victor is obviously in very bad shape. You can roll first aid if you wish, you might get him semi-conscious by doing so, but he will still need major medical aid, and that means Beta Infirmary.
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

So a rather forced choice on you guys, sorry, but hope it serves it purpose.

Judging Ron, you are pretty sure that a) he won't shoot you, and b) he will stay behind to 'deal' with the madman in the reactor, and that it may well be a very violent, terminal "deal".

Knowing him as you do, you can also be pretty sure his mind is made up on the matter and he won't budge. It is a combination of his military training, with a peppering of self-preservation (or, if you wish, cowardly fear).
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

"Splitting the party" is totally fine; it does leave me in a position of what to do with Seth. Part of me says just wait till aine comes back but it is two weeks and she did say take Seth over.

Any ideas / thoughts? Follow one, or the other, or something else?
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

We could just assume that Seth keeps lurking in the shadows, either following Sam and Ron, or exploring the base on his own. If anything should come up where he'd come in handy, you could just let him appear.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I was thinking he would help Hattie get Victor back to Beta, but he might want to stick around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Gimme a bit to stew on this one; I want to consider it! I am inclined at this juncture for Seth to tail Ron and Sam, but I am finding it a tough call both from a "what would Seth do" and a "what would be best for the story" perspective...

Return to “Titanic Horror”