Chapt. 4 'The Madman'

1943, the Welsh/English border. Sometimes that which is hidden is best left undisturbed.

Moderator: Priest

Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 10 months

Re: Chapt. 4 'The Madman'

Post by Supercape »

Maurice was backing away already as he was asked to leave.

"I do apologise 'old chap. Yes, yes, the Rats..." he said, trembling in his core. He wanted to reach out to the poor soul, but was was at a loss how to.

He stumbled out of the room gladly, horrified at the madness of de la Poer.

"Poor, poor, chap! Is there...is there nothing that can be done?" he asked all, and the air itself.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm sorry as well, Mr. de la Poer," says Oliver, also backing out of the room. "I don't think I can cure his condition, but I might be able to provide him some temporary relief."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Stromberg looks at you and raises one eyebrow, "If you think you can, please do" The door opens.

"Please Mr Grey I think it best if we leave Mr Carpenter with Mr de la Poer for a moment. If we return to my office I will have Miss Parker check for an address for Mr Thornton"

As he leaves Stromberg looks back to where de la poer continues his pose of looking through the window. With his hands clasped behind his back the American looks like the frail old man he is.
"Mr Carpenter, Charles here is just outside the door, if you should require assisstance he will come immediately"

Both he and Maurice leave the room, just you and de la Poer remain...
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Mr. de la Poer," says Oliver gently, "I believe what you said about the rats. I can't hear them myself, but I'm certain you can. Maybe it will help you if you tell me about your experiences. You'll feel better once you get it off your chest. Once you say it, you no longer have to carry it around with you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Oliver:
At your words de la Poer turns from the window, somewhat calmer than he had been earlier. However other than a calming effect your words show little impact. He seems to stare straight through you as if unaware of your presence.

Maurice:
Once back in Strombergs office it takes him but moments to request the Miss Parker search the files for any evidence of Thornton's current address.

Both:
By the time she has looked and climbed the stairs to his office, Oliver has reappeared. From the expressions of both it seems their efforts have been wasted.

She shakes her head and opening her notebook she tells you that the last address they Had for Thornton had been in Exham, "1 Church Cottages to be exact"
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Then it looks like that's our next stop," says Oliver. "Thank you for your help. I think I was able to help comfort Mr. de la Poer a little, at least, though I fear his mind is irreparably damaged."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 10 months

Post by Supercape »

Maurice wiped his brow. "I have to say I am most eager to leave. That poor man...years of torture in his own mind. It does not do well to dwell on the matter"

He put his cap back on and made keen to leave. "Let us press on!"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Stromberg glances at Maurice as you turn to leave, "Do not feel too sorry for Mr de la Poer. When he was found he was hunched over the partialy consumed body of his associate Captain Norrys. According to Mr de la Poer it was the rats who had eaten the poor Captain. Yet evidence showed that it had been Mr de la Poer, not rodents, that had done the eating".

He pauses then turns towards the pile of folders on his desk, "Goodbye gentlemen. I do hope you find what you are looking for"
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, and goodbye, Doctor," says Oliver. If he knew what we were looking for, he thinks with a little trepidation, he probably wouldn't have said that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Priory”