Page 1 of 1

The broken egg

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:30 pm
by kabukiman
14 November, 2014, 8AM, Washington DC

Bartholomey is waiting for you in the usual coffee shop. The waitress has just finish him to bring a cup of coffee and then starts watching tv; the place is actually empty. Outside it's cold and it will probably rain.

Re: The broken egg

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula enters the coffee shop, ducking to avoid bumping her head on the lintel above the door, and walks over to Bartholomey. "Mind if I join you?" she asks.

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:46 pm
by ghill
Paulus sits in his car across the street he waited for the others to arrive and then waits another 5 minutes to make sure the meeting isn't compromised then he gets out and walks across the street into the dinner

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:04 pm
by HelplessBystander
Parker enters the diner with a .45 concealed within his pocket and a wallet as he waited for the other to slowly peter in.

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:16 am
by kabukiman
"So, anyone of you want to take some coffee? I recommend it".
He starts drinking some and seems that he is waiting that you are all sit.

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:02 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker looked at the menu briefly and their daily special before quickly tossing all that aside. “I’ll have a 2/3 caff triple ristretto affogato venti, with 2 pump mango 1 pump classic, 2%, mango to the second line, 3 scoops protein, 3 scoops berries, 2 scoop matcha, one scoop chocolate, add some banana, double blended, with whip, caramel drizzle, salted caramel topping, slim vanilla bean frappuccino with soy milk at 45°C.”

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Coffee, please," says Paula to the waitress, her order much simpler by contrast. "Black."

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:35 pm
by ghill
Paulus gestures at Paula indicating he'll have the same.

"You've read our reports I take it?" he says to Bartholomew.

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:43 pm
by kabukiman
The waitress answers in a sarcastic voice to Parker "Sure"

Bartholomew nods.
"Yes I did. And if it wasn't your cell, I would believe that it was some kind of prank. The description of the creature was very unusual, even for us. The samples you have bring have yet to be fully examined, but we know this: the creature isn't a modern snake, but it's related to them; it share the same ancestor, some lizard about 200 millions of years ago, and developed the same way, losing it's legs and arms. Of course, that doesn't explain why it developed a human head."

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:30 pm
by HelplessBystander
Parker prenteded to not hear the sarcasm and tried appear like a true coffee connoisseur. "Yes, I'd say it was quite disturbing. I take it that it's not the worst thing you've seen?"

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"How did you find that out?" Paula asks.

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:15 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker waited for his coffee to arrive, and closed his eyes for a moment.

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:36 am
by kabukiman
"We have a member of our group that works in a lab. He had to work in some shifts at night shift so nobody would discover. I think you made the right decision to letting those guys alive, at least I hope. But we have now a bigger problem. About the last member of the organization."

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:57 am
by HelplessBystander
“Okay. Well, then we’ll take what we get. That’s, uh, that’s how it works. Now, you were saying?” Parker shrugged optimistically, before he prepared to stand up and enquire after his cup of coffee, which still hasn’t managed to make its way to his table yet. Funny how the service in the café was so disappointingly bad. “I’m giving this place a one-star ‘Yelp!’ review. Terrible service.”

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"What's the problem?" asks Paula, getting right to the point.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:32 am
by ghill
Paulus taps the passing waitress on the arm with a smile and gets his second coffee refill. Yeah, lets hear it.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:56 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker looked mildly surprised that the guy who Order after him managed to get a refill whilst his first cup of coffee hasn't even managed to make its way to his table yet. He sighed, before reluctantly settling on a simpler order of a small cup of Cappucino with hot chocolate sprinkled over the top with 2% Raw sugar and Kenyan ground coffee beans.

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:50 pm
by kabukiman
Parker receives his simple coffee immediately as he order it.
"I don't know if the last member is a man or something else. Maybe he is just an eccentric guy and is getting the blame for what the others have done. But we want to be sure. So, we want you to discover what you can. If he is just a a scientist doing some illegal research in human DNA, don't make any move, we will drop a word to another agency. But if anything of what you heard before is true, do what you need to do."

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:57 pm
by HelplessBystander
Parker muttered some curses at the café and said. "Sure. We'll do what we can."

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right," says Paula. "What other information do we have about him? Where is his lab located? Who is your man on the inside, in case we need to contact him?"

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am
by ghill
"Yeah, we'll need to know the place of work, home any details you have for the man." says Paulus

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 am
by HelplessBystander
“A few disposable ids and car plates would help too.” Parker added quickly.

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:38 am
by kabukiman
"It is in a small town called "El Campo" near Houston. Actually, you contact him next weekend. Maybe he can find a way to give you access. The ID's and car are no problem".

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:31 pm
by HelplessBystander
"That would be amazing." Parker said.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, we'll go see him," says Paula.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:36 pm
by HelplessBystander
“Yep. We'll do just that.” Parker said in confidence.

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:35 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Anything else before we go to another scene?

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:04 am
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   Nope. Go right ahead.  

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 am
by ghill
OOC:   So as normal Paulus will make some preparations, in this case, booking and paying for Hotels rooms in some of the nearby towns, as well as arranging for a storage locker in nearby Houston. Other than that I'm good to go.  

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:20 pm
by HelplessBystander
[dice]Awesome. Let's get down to it.[/dice]

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:28 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm ready to move forward.

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:50 pm
by kabukiman
In the next day, you all enter in a bar in Houston (called La Carafe in downtown). The place is full of people talking and drinking and some make quick glances to Paula; there is a jukebox that is playing Nat King Cole. In a corner, you see the person you are supposed to meet.

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:30 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker moved forward with confidence.

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula also approaches, all too aware that her extreme height makes her stand out in this place.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:12 am
by ghill
As is his habit Paulus gets to the bar an hour earlier than the arranged time and keeps the place under observation making sure no one else is doing the same. He waits a few minutes after the others arrive before he walks in.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:05 pm
by HelplessBystander
Parker waved to Paula. "So, how's your day going so far?"

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula waves back. "Fine, and yours?" she replies.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:26 am
by ghill
Paulus pauses by the doorway and then leaves the cafe as he leaves he texts Paula and Parker.

Grab takeouts and take our friend elsewhere to talk, looks like he had a tail. I'll keep you informed.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:33 am
by HelplessBystander
“Fine as well. What do you want for takeout?” Parker said, discreeetly flickering his eyes to his phone.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:24 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'll have quesadillas," says Paula, checking her own phone and seeing the text. "Four of them. A big girl like me has to eat a lot. What'll you have?"

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:27 am
by HelplessBystander
"Maybe a can of beer and some chips. Let's get going, eh?" Parker said, casually shifting glances at the others in the area.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:53 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods and places the order.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:18 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Do you introduce yourself to the scientist? Remember that he is waiting for you, but don't actually knows you.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:44 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker walks towards the target and smiles naturally, "Hello there, are you waiting for someone?"

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:53 pm
by ghill
Keeper,At some point when convenient and when appropriate to this thread time-wise, I'll send a text to the others asking them to ask the contact what "Sweet life laboratories" means to him and to tell them both he had a tail from there and that I'm parked there now.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:17 am
by Mr. Handy

After Paula finishes placing the order, she follows Parker over to the scientist. "Hi, I'm Paula," she says, "and this is Parker."

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 am
by kabukiman
"Hello, I'm Michael Carter, take a seat."

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:40 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker took a seat in front of the scientist. He stared at the man and grinned. "Hello there, Mr Carter, I think now would be your cue to tell us a few things on what we are expecting. Please, don't be shy."

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe we should all talk somewhere else," suggests Paula, glancing at Parker and tapping her phone to remind him of the text.

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:01 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker jolted for a second. How could he forgotten? He cursed inwardly. “Oh, on second thought, let’s head elsewhere for the talk. It’s getting a bit stuffy in here anyways.”

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:28 pm
by kabukiman
"Oh, ok, I'm following you then".

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:32 am
by HelplessBystander
"That's great. Let's go for a little walk."

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula collects the takeout order and leads the way outside.

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:05 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker follows suit.

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:19 am
by kabukiman
Mr Carter follows you. To where?

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula texts Paulus to ask him where they should go, looking around for any sign of the tail he had mentioned.

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:46 am
by ghill
Considering Agent Parker's background he should be able to identify a suitably safe and innocuous looking meeting place.
OOC:   He doesn't need to be taken anywhere specific he just needs to be taken somewhere you can talk without risk of being observed or interfered with. He's going to have to go back to them at some point hopefully they think he's just been away for a coffee rather than talking to three suspicious characters.  

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:05 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Paula and Parker please make a spot hidden roll

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:16 am
by HelplessBystander
Spot Hidden 60,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula notices something.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) outside the cantina: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:28 am
by ghill
Paulus rings PAULA/PARKER:

Our man had a tail I followed him to "Sweet life laboratories" ask our man what Sweet life means to him, and why would he have a tail. Tail just left and may be en route to you so be advised your window to ask questions is short

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:12 pm
by HelplessBystander
Parker guided Mr. Carter through a narrow alleyway intersecting between major roads. There shouldn't be any security cameras nor should there be any bystanders in areas like this. He checked his phone, and asked the man bluntly, "Mr. Carter, what does 'Sweet Life Laboratories' mean to you, precisely?"

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:20 pm
by kabukiman
[Spoiler-Button]Paula nobody is actually following you. [/Spoiler-Button]

" It used to be a rival company. And officially, it is still. A couple of our top scientist moved to there. But I discovered that we both belong to the same parent company. They are about genetics like us. But they were rumors. That they didn't have our... ethical inflexibility, that allowed them to make progress in areas that we refused to considered "

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 pm
by HelplessBystander
"I see...what are the chances of them hunting after you?"

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"Have you ever heard of a geneticist named Ophep?" asks Paula.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:26 am
by kabukiman
"Well, there are rumors that they do that for corporate espionage. You know, to discover if you have anything that they can use as blackmail. About that, name, yes, it's the name of the director of our company, but I have only seem him once. Creepy fellow. Everyone says he was brilliant, but I never worked with him. But I had to work a lot with the originals".

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"Who are the originals, and what do you know about them?" asks Paula.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:00 am
by HelplessBystander
"What, exactly, made you think Ophep is such an unsettling fellow?" Parker asked.

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:28 am
by kabukiman
"The originals is the nickname for 3 women and 7 guys who work in our company. They are old now, in their 60's, they are not scientists, they work in non technical stuff, like secretaries or the warehouse, but let's face it, there are not important, but they behave like if they are. The women used to be pregnant every year, but nobody had ever seen the babies and they never talked about them, and that's weird because women love to talk about their babies. There was a joke that those 10 were making a breeding program. Anyway, when there was a cut in the budget, those ten were always untouchable.
I don't know explain about Ophep, it was something about his eyes, like if he was piercing your soul to see if you were hiding something. "

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Can you help us gain entry to the facility, and can you describe its layout?" asks Paula. "A map would be ideal."

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:06 am
by HelplessBystander
kabukiman wrote:"The originals is the nickname for 3 women and 7 guys who work in our company. They are old now, in their 60's, they are not scientists, they work in non technical stuff, like secretaries or the warehouse, but let's face it, there are not important, but they behave like if they are. The women used to be pregnant every year, but nobody had ever seen the babies and they never talked about them, and that's weird because women love to talk about their babies. There was a joke that those 10 were making a breeding program. Anyway, when there was a cut in the budget, those ten were always untouchable.
I don't know explain about Ophep, it was something about his eyes, like if he was piercing your soul to see if you were hiding something. "
"Well, there's something really messed up that I never thought I would hear." Parker said, sighing. "I see several red flags here, and I'm not quite how I should feel about that."

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 pm
by kabukiman
"I can get you a pass to enter, I can explain you are my subjects to an experience. But could you get some ID to prove you are brothers? That would help a lot.Twin brothers would be even better"

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 am
by HelplessBystander
"Sure." Parker smiled.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"I won't pass for the twin of either of the guys," says Paula, "but someone with my condition would make an interesting test subject too."

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:11 am
by kabukiman
"There is something called false twins. But I can simply say you are brothers."

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:32 pm
by HelplessBystander
"That will be most convenient." Parker said.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:24 pm
by kabukiman
"I can give you tomorrow nigth the map if you want. And bring those papers to prove you are brothers. Let's meet at the same hour at the same place and then we come here?"

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:28 pm
by HelplessBystander
"I'll check in with my partners first, what do you think?" Parker asked Paula and texted Paulus for his opinion. "I think it's a good idea. Do you?

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, but let's go somewhere else," says Paula. "Somewhere that won't be watched."

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:25 am
by HelplessBystander
"Any suggestions, then?" Parker said, keeping an eye on that Carter fellow. He still don't intend to take everything at face value.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"He knows the area," says Paula. "It should be somewhere he knows about, but not somewhere he goes."

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:50 am
by HelplessBystander
"Agreed. We'll need a specific location to meet up at, though. So a name would be helpful." Parker said drily.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:10 am
by ghill
Paulus texts back saying he thinks the idea sounds far-fetched but that if the other two want to give it go and Carter thinks it will work then he thinks its fine. Tell Carter to ring this number (texts number of one of several disposable mobile phones he has) ask for any of his friends by name, we'll then say its a wrong number an hour after he makes the call he's to drive to the 5HC GARAGE at 1401 McKinney in Houston, when he gets there he can drive to the top floor we'll meet him there, if no one comes to him then he simply goes shopping in Houston.

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:25 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker consults Paula on her opinions on the matter.

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula agrees with Paulus's suggestion and gives Carter the instructions.

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:01 am
by kabukiman
"Very well, as soon as I'l have the maps I'l text you so we meet. I'm returning home now".

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right," says Paula, "Take care." She gives him the number of the disposable phone at which he can text them.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 am
by kabukiman
Carter leaves at that moment.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:29 am
by HelplessBystander
“Well, that just happened. Let’s regroup with Paulus.” Parker suggested.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm
by ghill
Paulus sends the others details of an out of town truck stop where they can all meet and talk matters over. He'll take all normal precautions ensuring neither the location or the others are being surveilled. Once he's happy all is safe he'll go in and talk to the others.

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula heads to the truck stop with Parker, taking care to ensure that they are not followed.

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:29 pm
by ghill
Once he's happy no one is following the other two Paulus enters orders his coffee and then briefs the others.

I arrived some half an hour before the meet the place was nearly empty. I picked up our man as he arrived and that he had a tail. A muscular guy with brown eyes and dark complexion - an Arab maybe, but always well back so our man wouldn't notice him I assume because he didn't want to risk being recognised. The tail seemed pretty relaxed about the situation once our man entered and ordered his coffee he waited a few minutes made a phone call and left.

I followed the tail as he drove out of town to "El Campo" to some kind of walled and gated compound under the name "Sweet life laboratories". I kept that place under observation for a couple of hours while you guys were meeting and then followed our man again as he drove several miles to the west of the city this time to a gated mansion. At which point I left and came here to meet you guys.

So the first point I have to make is our man is clearly being observed which I assume means he has raised suspicions. Second, with the mansion, I think we probably now know where Alhireth-Othep is located.

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds like the place, all right," says Paula. "Let's see if we can get floor plans of the mansion. That'll be helpful for when we inevitably have to go in."

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:14 am
by HelplessBystander
“Sounds like a plan, let’s get to it then.” Parker agreed.

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:53 pm
by ghill
We should make inquiries about both locations see if we can get floor plans them and if possible google both locations see if we can get satellite imagery. Also, it is worth seeing if we can get access either to a rental or worst case a roof which allows us to look over the wall and into both places. Worst case we can see who comes and goes and what their timetable is.

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:25 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Good thinking," says Paula. "Carter must know the layout of the labs too, so if we can talk to him without them getting wise that would help too, in addition to the floor plans. If we have the plans by the time we talk to him, we can show them to him. He could tell us what goes on in each room and the security arrangements."

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:04 am
by kabukiman
OOC: There are several building near the laboratory, so it is possible to rent one. Near the mansion, there is only one house in ruins (it doesn't even have a roof), about 400m from the property.
I'l make a map and then I'l post it.

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:47 pm
by ghill
I suggest setting up with some decent cameras and optics in one of these rentals and then rather than setting up an observation post we put a remote camera into the ruined house says Paulus

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:25 pm
by HelplessBystander
”I’ll get the equipment, then.” Parker volunteered.

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, that's a better idea than staking it out in person," says Paula. "We don't want people noticing or remembering us, and it's pretty hard not to notice or remember me."

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:16 pm
by ghill
Look in my day job I set this sort of thing up on a regular basis so I can give you a list of kit we need, just make sure you acquire it from a number of outlets pawn shops would be ideal. Paulus pauses for a moment. I wonder just how security aware they are, we could even try a drone, some of them have decent cameras on them, some even have low light cameras

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"That will help," says Paula. "We'll need to be stealthy with a drone. If it gets seen, that will cause them to raise their guard."

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:34 am
by HelplessBystander
“Perhaps the drone would be a bad idea.” Parker suggested. “Too high-profile and noticeable, don’t you think?

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:31 pm
by ghill
I don't think so. It is not like it will be buzzing around at head height, neither does it need to be right over the compound. Its just the height and all around visibility we want and the drone gives us that. Says Paulus

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:53 am
by HelplessBystander
“The drone you have in mind...how big is it? It would be unwise to have a drone larger than the size of a human head, for example.”

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"If the drone is small and the camera has zoom capability, that should suffice," says Paula.

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:06 am
by ghill
Paulus looks at the other two and bursts out laughing for the first time in several weeks. "Do you guys try and teach your granny to suck eggs as well?"Without giving you to much personal detail but this is kind of my day job. Paula why don't you see about renting us some office space. Parker, you see if you can source the camera equipment, probably an idea to check out the pawn shops to keep the price down. I'll sort out a Drone

Paulus pauses for a moment ...and assuming we are going to go in at some point perhaps we should consider arming ourselves for bear. Texas doesn't require any type of permit for the purchase of firearms. The only thing is proof we are a resident of the state. So fake drivers licences are probably in order.

Keeper,[b]Paulus[/b] is looking for a DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter 4K UHD Video Camera Drone it retails for around $750, probably more if Paulus has to go to a brick and mortar shop. Its the number 1 drone recommended for surveillance.

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"Will do," says Paula.

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:43 am
by HelplessBystander
“Sure. I’ll go check out the pawnshops.”

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:03 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So, we will fast forward if you all agree: you will now go sleep in a hotel and buy all the material you need at the morning.

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   no problem.  

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:53 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Yep go for it.  

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:58 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm ready to proceed.

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:24 pm
by kabukiman
16 November, 2014
5 PM
You are all in a small office that was rented. You have gathered there all the material you have buy earlier (it was a busy day).

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right, let's get the observation post set up," says Paula.

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:30 pm
by ghill
Paulus takes his time setting up the cameras so that they cover the entrance to the factory compound they are zoomed in so that without adjusting anything any car or person entering or leaving can be photographed and later identified.
OOC:   Paulus has a Photography skill of 45% but he'll take as much time as needed until he gets it right  
Once its dark the two of you should take the drone out and do a high altitude fly over you know just to make sure we have photos of all the buildings, while you do that I'll go and place the remote camera so that we can keep an eye on the big man's house says, Paulus

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:57 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker shrugged in agreement.

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:29 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula familiarizes herself with the drone's controls so that she'll be able to pilot it when the time comes.

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:44 am
by ghill
OOC:   Kabukiman - So the idea is that while we wait for the contact to get back in touch we keep the house and the laboratory compound under surveillance, this will hopefully allow us to build a picture which identifies who works there, what possible security measures they have in place, when deliveries arrive when people come and go for work etc. Then we can work out how we can get in if we want.  

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Very well, but that will take at least one day (and maybe more). But before that, you receive a call from Bartholomey (from a safe line).

"Hello, this is Bartholomy speaking"

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:17 am
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   Is this a group call or just Ghill?  

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:25 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Ghill's choice

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:52 am
by ghill
OOC:   Unless specifically told not to by Bartholomey, Paulus makes it a conference call.  

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:43 pm
by HelplessBystander
“We are currently underway to initiate surveillance on location of interest.” Parker replied, trying to sound professional. “Is the line secure?”

He tensed slightly as he spoke.

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

Might have been a good idea to find that out before mentioning anything else, thinks Paula, though she says nothing yet.

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 pm
by kabukiman
"We just have one minute so listen to me. In the tomb that you discovered, the carvings were a form of very ancient Egyptian, and they had formulas to keep those creatures inside. One was used to distinguish those monsters from humans and I'm texting it to you, but I'l pronounce it already". He hesitates for a moment and then: "Ka nama kaa lajerama"
It's a strange sensation. You are sure you never heard the phrase, but the words feel familiar, like if you had some ancient memory.
He cuts the line and seconds latter a message arrives with the phrase.

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula takes out her smartphone and goes online to Google the phrase and see if there are any references to it on the Internet.

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:18 am
by kabukiman
In a website dedicated to occultism there is a reference about a German book called "Unaussprechlichen Kulten". It seems that in the ancient Hiperborean Kingdom and latter in Valusia and Atlantis, the phrase was used to distinguish humans from some kind of monsters who could get the human form.
You have all heard of Atlantis, but Valusia and Hiperborea?

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:56 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula shows the others what she's found. "Shapeshifting monsters, huh?" she says. "Maybe that phrase could help us determine whether that professor is really a reptile in disguise - and possibly others."

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:15 pm
by ghill
Good idea says Paulus first saying to himself in his head then out loud "Ka nama kaa lajerama" he glances from one to another of his two colleagues. "Well now I guess we know none of us are snake alien shapeshifters" he smiles but the more observant will notice him, lifting his hand from the concealed tucked into the back of his trousers.

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:56 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Good to know," agrees Paula. "The Thing is a great movie, but I wouldn't want to live it."

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:09 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker nodded. Remaining silent on the matter.

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:15 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Anything you want to do, or can I advance a bit more?

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:57 pm
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   To my knowledge, no. Nothing we would like to do at the moment.  

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm ready to move forward too.

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:06 am
by kabukiman
After two days days you notice the following routine:
- In the lonely mansion there are 4 cars who enter; with some research you discover that those are from some staff from the company that came at evening (after leaving the company) and leave some hours latter.

-In the company, there is a lot of cars entering at the day and some trucks with materials; at night there are only a couple of them. It all seems very normal.

Finally Paulus receive a call from the contact.

OOC: Tell me if you want to research anything specifically about the mansion and the company.

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:23 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'd like to research the company's history and find out when and how it was founded, as well as who was involved in the early stages.

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:52 pm
by kabukiman
In their site you see that it was founded in the in the early 90's by a local called Carl Blegen (with a PHD in chemistry). The company have grow since them. It started doing research in bio-chemistry and then changed to DNA. Its a wonderful place to work, dedicated to improve humankind and respecting ethics and nature.
Make 3 rolls of library use to discover something interesting in the net...

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula finds something of interest.
OOC,Library Use rolls (25% base skill) researching online: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:57 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker found conflicting pieces of information worthy of interest...
Lib Use 50%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:47 pm
by kabukiman
You find the following rumors:
-In the 90's, the company was accused of dropping chemicals in a near river; the accusation was abandoned since there wasn't enough evidences), but the company had a very bad publicity.
-In the early 2000's (after they started to research DNA) the company was accused of making experiences with homeless people as volunteers (the case didn't go to court since the company made a deal).
- IN 2010 the founder of the company (Blegen) sold it to another rival, for only a fraction of it's value, since the company was with financial problems. No scientists were fired and actually several from the buyer started to work there.

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 am
by Mr. Handy

"Looks like they have a long history of bad behavior," says Paula, "but they managed to survive until they were bought out."
OOC,Which company bought them?

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:43 am
by HelplessBystander
“I’m guessing there’s something fishy going on with the new buyer company. That money would need to be investigated, however, I do find it interesting that bad rep/controversies all seem to evaporate almost spontaneously. You’d allegations of human experimentation would stir up the water, but apparently not. Hm. Not sure how to feel ‘bout that.” Parker grunted, not necessarily happy.

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 am
by kabukiman
OOC: The buyer was the company that belongs to Alhireth-Othep, and Cornelius Krammer and where you informer works (he told you that). Several scientists from the buyer's company have move to the "Sweet Laboratory lately.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Bad," says Paula. "We're supposed to feel bad about that. I suppose their deep pockets covered things up for a while, until they weren't so deep any more. That's when they got swallowed up by Alhireth-Othep's company. It's no wonder he'd want them."

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:44 am
by kabukiman
Carter makes a call just like as agreed.

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Which of our phones does he call?

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:53 am
by kabukiman
OOC: One of the phones of Paulus.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:18 am
by kabukiman
30 minutes latter he makes a new call to arrange a the new meeting (in about one hour in the place that you have told him).

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's scope out the place early," suggests Paula. "We could use the drone before showing up in person."

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:23 am
by kabukiman
You arrive at 5HC GARAGE at 1401 McKinney in Houston earlier. You wait there until you see Carter.
OOC: Make a Spot hidden roll please.

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:48 pm
by Mr. Handy

Paula sees everything there is to see.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) at the garage: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:08 pm
by HelplessBystander
Spot Hidden 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
Parker also figured out something was hidden there, interesting.

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:01 pm
by kabukiman
Carter arrives and sits in a place... with someone following him discretely (the same men of the other day). He watches Carter, photographs him, and then makes a call; then he leaves the place.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:28 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Well, that's not good," says Paula. "They must already be suspicious of him, or they wouldn't have been following him. But why leave him alone now? How do you want to play this?"

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:47 am
by kabukiman
Carter is waiting that one of you join him.

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:00 pm
by HelplessBystander
"Paula, you go meet with Carter, I'll search around and see if the area has any other potential threats. I'll assess the situation further and relay any info back to your phone. Paulus can watch after Paula during the conversation. Alert me if there's anything of interest. Is that a good plan?"

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't think that's such a good idea," says Paula. "We know they followed him, and they're doubtless still watching him. We don't want to approach him at this time. I think we should send him a text to meet at a different location. When he leaves, we can see if a tail follows him."

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:35 pm
by HelplessBystander
"...A more prudent decision, I'll concede. Yes, let's go with that." Parker said, agreeing with Paula

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:42 pm
by kabukiman
After you a while, you send a message to carter; he watches his phone, looks surprised and leave the place (to where?). You don't see anyone following him.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"Where should we tell him to meet us?" Paula asks the others. "Somewhere not too far away. Maybe a Starbucks? There's always a Starbucks within a few blocks."

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:59 am
by HelplessBystander
"Sounds good to me." Parker shrugged.

Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:44 pm
by kabukiman
You all see him in a starbuck; the place is full of people and he takes some time to get a place.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula checks to make sure nobody has followed Carter and that nobody is paying any undue attention to him before heading inside. "One of us should stay outside on watch," she says.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:42 am
by HelplessBystander
“I will go outside and observe, Paulus could go with you.” Parker responded.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:53 am
by kabukiman
You don't see anyone watching (actually, some people make a quick look to Paula).
When he sees you he seems relieved and asks:
"Was there any problem?"

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"You might say that," says Paula. "You were followed to the original meeting spot. Fortunately, your tail didn't see us and left for some reason, and I don't think anyone followed you here."

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:15 pm
by kabukiman
"Oh, that? Maybe I should tell you: there is a rumor that says that the company watches occasionally the personnel; they are afraid that we sell some secrets to other corporations, so that doesn't surprise me"

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"That would have been good to know before," says Paula. "Is there anything else we should know that you haven't mentioned?"

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:49 pm
by kabukiman
"I don't think so. But I have bring with me the maps of sweet laboratories."

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:50 pm
by kabukiman

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:52 pm
by kabukiman

OOC: Ok, I' know that those aren't the best maps in the world, but it is what I managed to create.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, those will help," says Paula. "What about things not shown on the map? Where are the fire exits, or any other possible ways in or out, such as trash chutes?"
OOC,I can't even see the maps. All I see instead of each one is text that says "Image." I was able to view them by copying the links' locations and pasting them into my browser's address bar.

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:43 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I'm very sorry, my mistake: the fire exits are south of the left elevators, and the the trash chutes are at the left of the restrooms.

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"Okay," says Paula. "Have you made arrangements to get us inside?"

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:46 pm
by kabukiman
"Yes, I have included you in a project as volunteers to experiments. here are your cards"- he gives you 3 passes.
"You must go there tomorrow at 10 PM, since you are participating in a project about sleep. The guard will call me anyway and I'l confirm your identities."

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"Won't the project be monitored?" asks Paula. "How are we supposed to look around if we're under observation?"

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:58 pm
by kabukiman
"Because I know the guy's who is watching the cameras everyday, and I have the habit of making a break, spend some time chatting with him, taking a coffee and even eat a sandwich. He leaves his post for about 15 to 20 minutes; he won't suspect anything since we do this. So as soon as I am entering to make our routine, you will have your free time. And if something goes wrong, we can always get a cover story, like you got bored and started to walk in the building by curiosity, but I would prefer not."

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"That doesn't leave us much time to explore," says Paula. "We'll need to know exactly where in the building to go before we set foot in the place. We'll also need to manipulate the camera footage, or someone reviewing it later will see that we left the room even if the guard never notices. We'd have to record a continuous loop of us pretending to sleep and then splice it into the footage. The timestamps wouldn't match, though."

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:34 am
by kabukiman
"The laboratory that may interest you is the one at southeast but I cannot help you to enter there, I don't have a key. About the footage, they will only see it it if something goes wrong. You are professionals, you suppose to solve that kind of problems, right?"

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't think anyone on our team has the skills to hack the cameras," says Paula, "let alone the time. Unless we can recruit someone on short notice who can do that, we'll just have to be careful not to leave a trace. How will we know when we can get up and walk around?"

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:59 am
by kabukiman
"Before I enter the room, I'l text you; one minute latter you can go. When we will finish to eat , I'l make an excuse, and I'l text you, meaning you have about 2 minutes to return."

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"You said you don't have a key to the lab we want," says Paula. "Where in the building can one be found?"

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:06 am
by kabukiman
"There are only 2 copies: one is with one of the "original ones" and the other is in the security room. The "original one" that has a copy is aclled Amanda Richie. She is a women in her 50's, short, black hair, pale skin ".

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's good," says Paula. "We'll never get the one in the security room, so we'll have to get hers somehow. Do you know where we can find her, and what her schedule is?"

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 pm
by kabukiman
"Well, she doesn't come appear everyday; and never at the morning; I heard that when she leave past 8 PM she goes straight to a bar near this place, "El mirrone". It's a place where divorced women go to drink"

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"Okay," says Paula. "It's cutting things close, but I think we can make it work as long as she doesn't show up there too late - or not at all. I can divert her attention while one of the others lifts the key."

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:13 am
by kabukiman
"I'l send you a latter a photo of her, so you recognize her".

OOC: Anything you want to do, before we fast forward to the bar?

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'd like to confer with the other members of my team and see if they have anything else they'd like to ask our contact while he's here. So far I've been doing all the talking.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:51 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Parker is outside to be sure nobody is watching you, only Paulus is inside.

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Well, does [b]Paulus[/b] have anything else he'd like to ask?

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I sent a message to ghill and he didn't answered. We will continue and I'l play his char until he returns.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:10 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Okay. Does [b]Paulus[/b] have anything he wants to add?

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:33 am
by kabukiman
OOC: No, he doesn't.

Next day, you receive a photo of your "victim": she seems an ordinary women, only with a bored look.

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"I can strike up a conversation with her at the bar," says Paula. "I could play the part of a divorced woman, like her. That should distract her long enough for one of you to lift the key, and she'll probably just assume she lost it or left it at work. She'll have to look up to talk to me, which means she won't be looking down at her purse. Are either of you any good at picking pockets?"

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 pm
by HelplessBystander
"I guess I am proficient in this area. Tradecraft is a key aspect of spy training." Parker said, lethargic and somewhat late to rise.
OOC:   Sorry, didn't get any email notifications for this topic. Don't know why, had the subscription ox for all of those turned on...  

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The Conceal skill is probably the one to use for pickpocketing, and [b]Paulus[/b] has it at 82%.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 pm
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   lol, got it. :)  

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:10 pm
by kabukiman
You arrive near the bar; the street is quiet, with just some occasional persons entering the bar (mostly women).

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:27 pm
by HelplessBystander
Parker enters the bar noiselessly and tried to survey the interior to find Amanda in the bustling crowd of women. He knew there should be someone there, and he nodded to Paula, "Good luck."

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:15 am
by kabukiman
Amanda takes a quick look to Parker but ignores him. She is finishing a drink.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula waits a few minutes after Parker enters before going inside herself so that it doesn't look like they're together. She looks around for a woman matching Amanda's description.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:38 pm
by kabukiman
Paula sees the women drinking alone. She makes quick glances to the few men there, but don't loose much time and seems more interested in her glass.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:52 pm
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   I’ll wait for Handy to post first before making a move.  

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula walks up to the bar next to Amanda and orders a beer. She turns to Amanda and smiles at her. "Hey there," she says. "You look like you could use a friend."

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:59 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker surreptitiously made his way behind Amanda and waited for the opportune moment to try and assess when would be the best moment to let Paulus to pickpocket her.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:26 pm
by kabukiman
Amanda looks at Paula with contempt:
"Do I look so desperate?"

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"No, you just look like you're going through a rough time, same as I am," says Paula. "If anyone here is desperate, it's me."

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:11 pm
by kabukiman
"I bet you are. Well, in theory I have a good life: I just have to pretend to work, I have a good salary. I don't have a husband anymore, but that is not a problem. And I have already done my sacrifice to humankind. Well, not exactly to humankind"-she says with a sad smile
"Waiter, another drink for me and my new friend here".
The waiter brings you a whiskey.

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks," says Paula. "Yeah, I sent my husband packing too, and good riddance. I don't know what I was thinking when I married him. I guess I was just grateful that anyone wanted to marry me. So, what kind of work do you pretend to do?" She knocks back her whiskey.

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:42 pm
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   Like, I'm unsure of what to do here, am I supposed to roll for stealing or are the GM supposed to roll?  

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:02 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: You will have to wait for the moment when you notice she is getting distracted or ate least drunk (I'l warn you) to steal her keys. Or you can try before that.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:02 am
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   ooh. Okay.  

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:05 am
by kabukiman
"Well, I have a lot of scientists working and I'm suppose to supervise they work, but I don't understand anything of science so I don't bother to read the reports and I simply approve them."

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's a pretty sweet deal," says Paula, "and I'm sure the scientists are only too happy with you for rubber stamping their reports. Well, you bought me a drink, it's only fair I buy one for you. What'll you have?"

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:17 am
by kabukiman
"I wish! Those ungrateful hate me because I'm not a scientist and I'm their superior. Now a vodka please".

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:21 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Vodka for my friend, please," Paula says to the bartender.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:44 am
by kabukiman
The bartender brings a glass and she drinks it immediately. Then she starts talking:
"It wasn't always like this, you know? There was a time I believed what I was doing was important and I actually cared. Specially after the divorce. And I was a good mother."

OOC: ok, you can try to steal her keys.You have a bonus of 10%.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:28 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker instructed Paulus on the finer details of pickpocketing and alerted him to the most opportune time to try and pickpocket the woman.
Conceal 82%+10,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:25 pm
by kabukiman
No luck to find the keys. Please roll luck (to see if she notices anything).

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 pm
by HelplessBystander
Luck 85% +10,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"What happened to change all that?" asks Paula.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:43 am
by kabukiman
"Well, you know when you agree with something because you think you don't mind, but latter you discovered that you actually care about it? It's what happened to me".

OOC: She doesn't notice you tried to steal her keys. Wait for to take another drink (if Paula pays one) before trying again.

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, I know the feeling," says Paula. "Your glass is empty. Here, let me buy you a refill, and you can tell me all about it. Another vodka?"

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:42 am
by kabukiman
"Yeah, sure".
The bartender bring it and she drinks it.

OOC: Another try with a 20% bonus.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:52 pm
by HelplessBystander
luck 85% + 20%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:39 am
by kabukiman
Fail again, another lucky roll.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:07 am
by HelplessBystander
luck 85%+20%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:21 am
by kabukiman
"Hey, what are you doing with you hands!"
Her eyes aren't very focus and you can understand that she is already half drunk, but you were too clumsy and she noticed something.

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:56 am
by HelplessBystander
"Sorry miss, but I can't help but notice that your handkerchief fell out of your pocket, so I was trying to pick it up for you, see?" Parker said quickly, as he pulled out a clean handkerchief from his sleeve and placed it in front of the lady.

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula rises to her full height and looms over Parker. "You better not have been trying to cop a feel," she snarls, trying to divert suspicion from his real intentions.

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:55 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker faked a nervous giggle and shrunk down to make himself look less intimidating, "No, of course not. I would never."

He then proceeded to duck out of sight.

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:08 am
by kabukiman
"Thanks! You really are useful! Hey, another round for me and my new best friend. At least you don't have some nasty plans for the world!"
She is now visible drunk and oblivious to the world.

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks," says Paula. "I'll drink to that! Sometimes being grotesquely huge can be an advantage. Who do you know that has nasty plans for the world?"

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:01 pm
by kabukiman
"One of the main scientist and owners of the corp I work for. I met him when I was young and it was him who started everything. But I don't want to speak of that, those are sad memories. More drinks!""

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'll drink to more drinks!" says Paula, ordering another round. "When you're ready to go, I'll call for a ride for us. I don't think either one of us should be driving." She knows that this woman hasn't seen Paulus yet. She can easily reach him on her cell phone, and he can pose as a Uber driver or something.

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:36 pm
by kabukiman
"That's an excelent idea!"
She drinks another round and she can hardly keep on her feet.

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Where do you llve?" asks Paula, She already knows the answer, but she can't reveal that knowledge. Once the woman is passed out and safely in Paulus's car, they'll be able to go through her things and get the key, then drop her off in her home to sleep off the booze.

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:22 pm
by HelplessBystander
Parker waits in the background, waiting for another chance to strike.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:02 am
by kabukiman
She gives her address, well, she mumbles something and then try to get on her feet.

OOC: let's fast forward: you have the keys (lot's of them actually) and leave her at her house).

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:02 pm
by HelplessBystander
"Alright, well, we got what we want now, that's a good place to start." Parker said, smiling somewhat.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:48 pm
by Mr. Handy

"She'll probably just assume she lost the keys while drunk," says Paula, "especially since she still has all her money and credit cards. Let's see if we can get these keys duplicated tomorrow so that we each have a copy."

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:50 am
by kabukiman
You sleep for some hours, and the next day, near 5 PM you get the copies.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:19 pm
by HelplessBystander
"We got the copies, how do you want us to infiltrate?"." Parker said, twirling the key within his hand like a new toy.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"We've already been invited to take part in an experiment there," says Paula. "We''ll have a chance to reach our objective when they're not paying attention to us."

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:43 am
by HelplessBystander
"That sounds nice, we can have Paulus do surveillance duties and we'll head in." Parker nodded, this is going to work.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"I thought all three of us were supposed to go in," says Paula.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:00 am
by HelplessBystander
"Well...Sure, we can do that." Parker said, having mis-remembered the plan somewhat.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:56 am
by kabukiman
Fast forward again: your contact gives you the hour you are supposed to appear (about 7 PM). You have your identifications to be able to enter the compound.

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, let's go in," says Paula. "We play along with the experiment until the window of opportunity opens, then we make our way to that one lab of interest and let ourselves in with the key so we can poke around. We may also want to go to security office after that to wipe any evidence of our intrusion."

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:56 am
by kabukiman
OOC do you use a rent a car or a taxi to get there?

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:08 am
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   By taxi, it's more discreet.  

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think it's better if we have our own car, in case we have to make a quick getaway.

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:43 am
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   I guess this makes sense too...  

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:17 am
by kabukiman
You arrive at the appointed time. The guard at the main gate look at you coldly, but get indifferent as soon as he sees the credentials. He tells you to enter the building and in the lobby speak to someone at the reception.

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula goes up to the reception desk, her credentials in hand. "Hi, we're here for the experiment," she says.

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:25 am
by kabukiman
The women looks at the credential, takes a quick glance at you and then says: "Wait a minute, I'm sending someone to take you there". She makes a phone call and then she returns to he computer.
After 10 minutes a men in his middle 30 appears. He is short (1,60), have very thick glasses and walks with some difficulty (he seems to limp from his left leg).
"Hello, I'm the assistant of Dr. Carter. I'm taking you to his office".

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:03 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Paula, following him. She easily towers over him. "What can you tell us about how the experiment will be run?" She observes their surroundings with care, familiarizing herself with the layout of the building.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:15 am
by kabukiman
"I don't know, I'm not in this project and everything here is very compartmentalized. Mr Carter will give all the instructions you need. Actually I'm leaving in just a couple of minutes"

He takes you by the elevator. When it stops, he takes you to a door and knocks; a familiar voice answers:"Yes?"

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:37 am
by HelplessBystander
"Hello there, we're here for the...experiment, and we're directed you from the front desk." Parker said cheerfully.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, that's right," adds Paula.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:11 am
by kabukiman
"Oh, you can come in".
You see Dr Carter, he pretends that he don't know you.
"Hi. I'm Doctor Carter, I'll leading this experience. I presume you have read the documentation I sent you before? Yes? That's good. Yes Jim? Very well, you can go away now, I'l see you tomorrow".

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good evening, Dr. Carter," says Paula, stepping inside. "Nice to meet you. I'm ready to get started."

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:31 am
by HelplessBystander
"Good evening, Doctor. I'm ready to get started as well." Parker said, with good cheer.

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:25 am
by kabukiman
After a while, Carter speaks:
"I think we are safe now. The laboratory you need to go is the one a southeast, in the corner; if anyone catch you, you can say you were looking for the restroom and committed a mistake (he points to the map), but I hope you won't need it. I'm leaving in one hour to talk with the guard as usual, then it's up to you. Any question?".

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"Where is the security office again, and is there anyone currently in it?" asks Paula.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:48 am
by kabukiman
[Spoiler-Button][dice]0[/dice][/Spoiler-Button]

Anderson feels very dizzy in this place and misses the low altitude.

OOC: I rolled the constitution in the OOC thread and I failed.

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think you posted this in the wrong game. This looks like it belongs in Masks.

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:39 am
by kabukiman
OOC: yes you are right!

It's one level downstairs, where the offices are. The plan is easy: I'll send you a message before I enter the security room and you should only leave this room one minute after. After that, you have about 15 minutes, maybe a bit more, but don't count with that; I'll text you as soon as I leave the guard, he should take a couple of minutes to return to his place since we eat and drink in another place. Now, I'm doing you some tests to make this legit.

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:40 am
by HelplessBystander
"Got it, let's get this done." Parker said, looking slightly impressed.
OOC:   Been a crazy few weeks, sorry for not being able to respond sooner.  

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right, what do we need to do?" asks Paula.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:17 am
by kabukiman
"Those are ordinary tests of personality and intelligence. You have one hour to answer them."

(let's fast forward this, since the tests are a facade, as long as you don't give ridiculous answers, ok?)

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula takes the tests, trying her best to get a good score on the intelligence tests. She's sure she can do well on those, but she knows her personality leaves something to be desired.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:06 am
by HelplessBystander
Parker, on the other hand, tried to see how many of the dark triad he could score and responded as well as he could on the intelligence test.

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:23 am
by kabukiman
Finally, after you finish the test, Mr Carter says:
"It's almost time to go. I'm leaving now, and prepare yourself and remember: as soon as I text you, you must wait one minute before leaving this room".

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right," says Paula. "Are you sure the halls will be empty? Nobody else working or on patrol?"

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:44 pm
by kabukiman
"No, there is just one guard in the upper levels, another in the entrance, and it's already a lot for my taste".

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy

"Okay," says Paula. "I think we're ready."

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:59 am
by kabukiman
Carter leaves and you wait. And wait. And wait. For near 10 minutes. And then you receive a message: "go in one minute".

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:53 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula keeps an eye on her watch, waiting by the door. Once a full minute has elapsed, she leads the way out into the hall.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:12 am
by kabukiman
You leave the room and as silently as possible you go to your destination. You arrive at the door... and have 6 keys to try.
Roll luck until you actually get the right key; each failed roll is about 10 seconds you loose.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Can one of the others' Luck be used? They have much higher scores than I do.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:56 am
by kabukiman
OOC: yes

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula motions for Paulus to try the keys, and he finds the right one the first time.
OOC,[b]Paulus[/b]'s Luck roll (85% stat) to find the right key: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:36 am
by kabukiman
The door opens and it is quiet a disappointment (on a positive way, there is nothing of scary): you just see a table with a computer and a chair, lot's of stuff of makeup, a mirror, a bookcase with lot's of files, a painting with a dinosaur.
OOC: Make each of you a spot hidden to find anything of particular, OR a library roll to see what you can find in the files.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula starts searching the room, leaving the files to those better suited to deal with them.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) searching the lab: [dice]0[/dice]