Page 1 of 1

The city of Seth

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:22 pm
by kabukiman
Bartholomew asks for another cofee.
I'l try to get a legit reason to get you there. With all those problems in the middle east, it will be probably easy.

Re: The city of Seth

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:42 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods. "There's always the old standby, counterterrorism work," she says. "Even if people think we're lying, they'll probably just think it's a cover for some other secret thing we're doing. They won't know the real reason we're there."

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:59 am
by ghill
Tourism would be better for me, considering I'm not contracted at the moment. says Paulus I'd also like us to take the opportunity to create a proper 'Green Box' so we don't go into the field lacking in equipment and that isn't going to be an easy matter considering the nature of the Egyptian government.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"We could have it smuggled in from Libya," suggests Paula. "It's a chaotic mess awash with surplus arms and other gear. A lot of that stuff's on its way to Syria by way of Turkey, but I'm sure they wouldn't miss enough for the three of us. Do you have any contacts there?"

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:29 am
by kabukiman
"Yes, I have some contacts. They could get you all the weapons you need. The place of the expedition is somewhere west of the farafra oasis, in the middle of the desert."

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds good to me," says Paula. "How soon can we get there?"

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:53 am
by ghill
"OK" says Paulus head in his phone "That makes sense. Its not risk free, the border is well patrolled, its how those Mexican tourists died caught up in security operation to stop militants crossing over. That said once the gear is in Egypt we only have to move it a small distance acros country, as we'll be in the Western Desert. Although it'll have to stay out in the desert. I've checked there is no kind of rental market for villas around Farafra,"

He types a bit more. "But apparently one attraction of Farafra is its White Desert...he reads "known as Sahara el Beyda, with the word sahara meaning a desert — a national park of Egypt and 45 km (28 mi) north of the town of Farafra, the main draw of which is its rock type coloured from snow-white to cream. Blah blah rocks and stuff. The Farafra desert is a typical place visited by some schools in Egypt, as a location for camping trips. So we get the stuff dumped in the white desert and then camp on top of it. So tourists on camping trip....We'll need some kind of accredited fixer, someone who wont ask any questions but who can make sure all our paperwork and baksheesh is sorted, otherwise the security forces will be sniffing around the whole time. Oh and they'll need to make sure we have transport pickups, Landrovers whatever is best for the desert."

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:51 am
by kabukiman
"Just send me a list of the gear you need. I'l see what w can get there. And about the contact, I think I know the right man to help you there."

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:05 am
by Mr. Handy

"In terms of weapons," says Paula, "I'd like an assault rifle and an automatic pistol, plus some mace. I think night vision gear all around would be good. We'll also need plenty of desert survival and camping equipment."

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:11 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Just write in the OOC thread what you need.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:27 am
by kabukiman
1 September 2014
You are all in the plane that is arriving at Cairo. You read the news of the day: a case of Ebola was discovered in Sweden, naked photos from celebrities were hacked in the USA, some scandal in Portugal with the director from an orphanage who killed himself.
There aren't any problems in the airport even if the controls are strict (but it's normal nowadays).

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:34 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula is dressed as a tourist, albeit an exceptionally large one. She has to sit in an exit row in order to have enough legroom. "Interesting article," she says to her fellow operatives, pointing out the one about the director in Portugal, reading it for further information but knowing it won't have the full story.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:37 am
by drone232
"Does it say what will become of the orphanage and the children?
Asks Agent Parker, also dressed as a casual tourist.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:13 am
by ghill
Paulus looks for their ride. He has seen the article about the "Portugese orphanage scandal", but he has no desire to read the details. Paulus doesn't want to double guess the decisions he's made along the way, or dwell on the collateral damage.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:37 pm
by kabukiman
There isn't much information: it seems that the children suffered abuses and the director was responsible. The orphanage was closed and the kids transferred to another place.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"There's little in here we don't already know," says Paula, handing the article to Parker.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:15 pm
by drone232
"Well that's unfortunate
Parker leans back in is seat and settles in for the long flight
"How much longer till we get there?"

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:57 pm
by kabukiman
Two hours latter, you are with your "guide", Youssef Saber (a copt). He is driving a morattab (something akin to a land rover); unfortunately it doesn't seem in very good shape. He got nearly all the gear you asked (except the guns). He is bragging himself as knowing a lot of important people from the new government. He is driving to a "rend-vous" in the desert to get the "best weapons you could get in the middle east and maybe in russia"

It's very hot (43 celcius) but Youssef says it could be much worst. This is a desert with rocks, not sand; a small booklet says that this area had water and animals, thousands of years ago.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds good," says Paula. "I should be able to find an AK, then. A genuine Russian model, not one of those cheap Chinese knockoffs that are as common as rocks out here."

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:33 am
by drone232
"I'm just glad we're finally here"
says Agent Parker to everyone else
"It feels like we've spent months getting here"

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:38 pm
by kabukiman
"No problem about that!"
After a while he stops in the middle of nowhere. You don't see anything special about the place.
"Now we wait here. My cousin should be here in some hours. Just awake me if anyone appears"
He close his eyes and starts snoring.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:55 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Must be nice to be able to fall asleep just like that," says Paula. She keeps an eye on their surroundings for anyone approaching.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:51 pm
by kabukiman
2 Hours latter, you see something coming. Then as it get closer, you see it's an old pickupt truck, a toyota hilux, an old model with 2 doors.
As soon as you call Youssef, open his eyes and then says:
"It's my cousin!"
The pickupt stops near you and a man in his late 40's and a kid get out. They all embrace themselves and start speaking in arab
(roll arab to understand what they are saying).

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:32 pm
by Mr. Handy

Paula unfortunately never learned Arabic.
OOC,Other Language(Arabic) roll (01% base skill) to understand the conversation: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:54 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: agent Paulus has 43% in arab.

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:01 pm
by ghill
Paulus looks up from his book dusting himself off as he gets to his feet, but he's not really paying attention. He gestures for Paula to step back somewhat behind them.

"We don't want to offend the locals" he adds with a wink. He then turns to the locals with a loud "marHaban" and an outstretched hand "As-salaam ‘alaykum, qad la yakun mateabana, qad fann wafannanin alkhass bik sayakun jayidaan hayat tawilat lak"
OOC:   Basically "Welcome. Peace be with you, may you not be tired, I hope your family is well and finally a long life to you. It's a pretty traditional long form greeting in many Arab countries. You kind of want a long form response where he responds in kind. As traditionally this puts things on a friendly basis,  
OOC:   Arabic:[dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:27 pm
by Mr. Handy

Paula stands well back. She can see over the others' heads just fine, anyway.

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:58 pm
by kabukiman
They look at you and smile and greet you.
Then they start unloading from the truck food, specially fruits. After it seems empty, they open a secret compartment, and you see weapons. Ak-47 (4), Ak-74 (2), Ak-103 (1), 4 makarov, 1Yarygin PYa, 4 RGD5, 1 RPG-7 (and ammo).
So, what do you thing of our cargo? You couldn't dream with better! This is only to special clients!

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:54 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, they're certainly high quality merchandise," says Paula. "How much are you asking for them?" She is sure he'll mark up the prices, but she also knows that haggling is part of the culture here. She just wishes she were any good at it.

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:56 pm
by ghill
Paulus puts the two AK-74's aside for the moment, they use a different calibre round than the other assault rifles. He then starts to examine the Ak-47's stripping each in turn examining it for wear and quality making sure they fit together well and have been maintained well.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:52 pm
by kabukiman
Paulus:
From what you see it seems ok.

Paula:
"We are living in terrible times. With the chaos, all those terrorist, and I have to pay bribes to the army. I don't get any profit, it's only because it's tradition in the family. Selling antiques, now that is a good career. So, as I was saying, if I sell you the Ak-47 for 700$, AK-74 for 800, the Ak-103 for 103, I will only pay the gas and the breakfast we had this morning. The RPG-7 is to a symbolic price: 2500$. For 400 for each makarov, I'm doing selling because you are friends of my cousin; and the Yarigyn is a cheap bargain for 600$. The ammo is extra of course."

The men seems in very distress and that you are forcing him to do something he doesn't want.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:57 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,How much do we have available to spend?

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:03 am
by drone232
OOC:   How much do we have available to spend and what weapons will we each be carrying. Judging by this vast arsenal, we are either going up against a bunch of enemies and possible mythos creatures, or its all a cruel ploy to make us think we'll be prepared when in fact the weapons will be utterly useless against what lies ahead.  

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:11 am
by ghill
OOC:   This is DG/Call of Cthulhu I'm not sure why you even have to ask that question?  

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:26 pm
by ghill
Paulus looks at the three AK-47's "These three are tired old guns, good for a goat herd guarding his flock, adequate for our needs out in the el Beyda to keep the jakals from our camp I could unburden you of their care and give you $1500 as a gesture of our friendship"
OOC:   Bargain:[dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula tries to get the reluctant arms dealer to come down a little on his prices, but he won't budge for her. "I can't quite afford both an AK-47 and a Makarov," she tells her friends. "Maybe one of you can get him to bring his prices down. Otherwise, I'll buy the AK-47, at least. Then we can pool our remaining money. We should still be able to buy an AK for each of us and a couple of Makarovs even at these prices, but one of us would be without a pistol."
OOC,Bargain roll (5% base skill + 20 = 25%) haggling over an AK-47: [dice]0[/dice] Bargain roll (5% base skill + 20 = 25%) haggling over a Makarov: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:16 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Won't agent Agent Parker try to get a good deal?

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:09 pm
by drone232
OOC:   Persuasion skill 30%
[dice]0[/dice]  
Agent Parker, being a quiet man with little skill in the art of speechcraft, attempts to engage the men in amiable conversation in order to convince them of a bargian. Nonetheless, it proves a foolhardy endeaver.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:55 pm
by ghill
OOC:   OK lets pool cash, we can get two AK-47's, 3x Makarov's and still have cash for ammo....or we could just acquire the Makarovs now and ask him to come back later should we discover we need something a bit more punchy.  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:23 am
by drone232
OOC:   I'm going to assume we need something punchy for what's coming next  

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:36 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Remember, we get to make two Bargain attempts, one for the AK-47s and one for the Makarovs. You two have only rolled for the AKs so far. If we're very lucky, we'll still be able to afford three of each, but it would take two consecutive successes from one of you on the Bargain roll to get the price down to $324. Three AK-47s will run us $2100, leaving $900. We can afford two Makarovs with what's left and still be able to afford ammo with the remaining $100 (or more), so we might want to get three rifles and two pistols instead of the other way around. I'm better with a pistol than a rifle, but I'm good with both, so I'd want to have one of each and use the AK-47 when at long range or when extra firepower is needed.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:00 am
by ghill
OOC:   It would be nice to have some feedback from the trader, otherwise it feels like just rolling dice for the sake of rolling dice. Gear wise we don't know what we're facing...we dealt with the last instance with nothing more than pistols, these may be adequate...OTOH we may want to buy the RPG. Let's just buy the pistols and some ammo.We can come back for bigger guns if we need to.  

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:06 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: As I said: each player can make one roll for each kind of weapon to get a better deal. Mr Handy made two rolls (one for the AK and one for the makarov). But you ghill and drone232 can each make one roll yet. Only after that, I'l post the answers of the dealer- unless that you don't want to make any other roll.

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:10 am
by drone232
OOC:   I'm going to try tradecraft, I'm not sure what that is but I have a 40% in it so here it goes.
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:51 pm
by ghill
Paulus starts to put another argument together but gives up in frustration.

Just give me one of the Makarov's and a box of ammunition he says

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'll take an AK-47," says Paula, "and a Makarov as well if I can borrow a hundred from one of my friends."
OOC,We can buy two AK-47s and three Makarovs for a total of $2600, which leaves us $400. That should be enough to buy plenty of ammo. Or maybe we can get better weapons. We could buy two AK-74s instead of AK-47s, or possibly the Yarygin instead of a Makarov.

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:26 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So have you decide what you want to buy?

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:17 am
by ghill
"As a gesture of friendship what would you want for the two AK-74's, three Makarov's and magazine's and ammunition. Remember when we are finished your cousin will return them all to you"

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:15 am
by kabukiman
"Do you want to steal the food from the mouth of my children? I have also an old mother to take care and my nephews. For 3000$ dollars I will give you that weapons and 3 box of ammo."

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"I think that's the best deal we're going to get," Paula says to the others.

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:33 am
by ghill
OOC:   Nothing here move along.  

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:50 pm
by ghill
OOC:   When he says three boxes of ammo can we assume this is enough for a couple of magazines for each weapon?  
Yes lets shake on the deal and move on. says Paulus the frustration showing on his face.

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:48 am
by drone232
OOC:   I agree  

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:10 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Guns are not my specialty, but I think I didn't explain myself well. The boxes are a kind that they use to transport fruits; each box can take about 5 kg of fruits (a bit less with ammo). So I was thinking that you get two boxes to the AK and one to the makarov: about 15 magazines for the Ak-74 and 10 magazines to the makarov.

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll take an AK-74 and a Makarov. I'll take 7 or 8 magazines for the AK and 2 or 3 for the Makarov. Whoever doesn't get a rifle should get a larger share of the Makarov magazines.

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm
by kabukiman
"It was a pleasure to make business with you. If you ever need anything talk with me. I like good customers"- he says with a big smile.
He hide the guns that you didn't buy and put the fruits in place. He waves and leave.

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:40 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Paula, waving back. "A pleasure doing business with you." She turns back to her friends "Shall we proceed to the campsite?"

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:58 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: so, what do you do now?

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:45 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Now that we have our weapons, we should head for the campsite.

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:07 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Definitely go to the campsite.

We then need to check prepare and then conceal the weapons somewhere safe. We do not want to be hauled up by the local authorities for anything stupid, guns out only when we absolutely have to.

Ensure all our current requirements are met (do we have another vehicle etc, food, equipment)
Establish a pattern of behaviour for the authorities, nosey neighbours etc This includes going out on tours of the desert which naturally will get closer and closer to the "dig site" At which point as interested but "ignorant" holidaymakers we can enthuse and perhaps ask for a tour of the site.

Potentially set up another hide to observe the location - establish the dig's daily routine then potentially sneak in at night to recce the place.  

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So, your first move is going to (near) the campsite from the expedition?

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:50 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Not immediately we need to drive around first, establish the idea for anyone observing us that we are holidaymakers out on safari the people at the dig site must be getting their supplies from a local town, this might be the best place to start.

if we don't know where they get their supplies then, by all means, let us go out into the desert proper and find the dig site, but slowly and cautiously.  

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:56 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: you have the Falafra oasis near the campsite. It's a small town, with some tourists.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:28 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That sounds good. We should go there first.

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:48 pm
by kabukiman
You arrive in less then an hour at the city. It's economy depends heavily from agriculture, but the tourism is also important.
There are several small hotels, restaurants, and a bazar. There isn't a supermarket or something similar.
Your guide tells you that the bazar may be a good start.

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:10 pm
by drone232
OOC:   When we go to the Bazzar, who among us will be carrying a concealed weapon and do we need to role for it to stay concealed. Or is it normal for people to carry small arms when touring the city. Probably not I guess.  

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:20 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm sure we can conceal our pistols on our persons. Our rifles will have to remain stashed somewhere.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:54 am
by ghill
OOC:   I'd suggest no pistols at this point. Egypt is certainly not a place to be carrying, the army is still on the streets post the troubles a couple of years ago. Anyway, we're just funny stupid tourists, buying stupid shit souvenirs and asking questions about interesting things to do (ie dig sites). if we get into trouble of any kind at this point run.  

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:45 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: so, where do put you weapons? In an hotel, or in some place in the desert?

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:06 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Not the hotel. Someone could find them there. Let's bury them in the sand (inside a container, of course). We can mark the site for ourselves and also make a note of the GPS coordinates.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:35 pm
by ghill
Spoiler:
The idea is we are supposed to be tourists on Safari, I envisage that as living under canvas in the desert. If not that should be something we're getting Youssef to sort out for us if he hasn't already. Ideally a camp located away from prying eyes. If there is a camp already set up and waiting for us then lets store the guns out in the desert. If not then lets (assuming he's trust worthy) leave everything with Youssef.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:35 pm
by drone232
OOC:   I don't trust Youseff. I do, however, like the idea of us staying in a camp far away from prying eyes. No one knows who we are or why we're here yet. We could have two people go into town in search of information while one person stays behind and gaurds the secret camp.  

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Leaving someone at the secret camp at all times would only draw attention to it, and one of us alone would be vulnerable. If nobody else knows where it is, it should be safe enough.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:29 am
by kabukiman
OOC: You can create your own camp if you want, but there isn't any yet.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:58 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Not a secret camp, just an isolated one...we don't want to arouse suspicions from any parties (authorities or cultist types ...or cultists types in the authorities) let's just make sure it is isolated (away from prying eyes, not somewhere you are simply going to stumble upon.), ideally inside the park and looks like a typical safari camp. I assume Youssef can supply the tents and camping gear. Lets do that first then go into town, we can prep gear for concealment as necessary.  

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:40 pm
by kabukiman
You mount your camp in an area outside the city. It's not completely unusual, since people with some cattle do the same. But it's getting late; you can sleep in the camp (and postpone the trip to the town to the next day) or still go to the city.

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"First thing, let's bury the guns," says Paula. "I don't know if the town has any night life, but if it does, we should probably play tourist and check it out."

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:56 pm
by ghill
"Agreed, lets go now, it might even be better for us if there is little in the way of nightlife there then we're more likely to bump into any wandering archaeologists." says Paulus
OOC:   unless anyone has any objections lets fast forward to being tourists in town :)  

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:07 pm
by kabukiman
It's sunset (6:20 PM); the temperature is getting cooler.
The Farafra town is small (about 5000 people). You see that most of it is cultivated; the buildings have a monotonous color: brown (even the mosque). There is a lot of people in the streets, locals and tourists. It seems people let the door of the houses open so they may talk with people passing.
In the market, you see people closing the stalls. But there are two restaurants open and one souvenir shop.

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's buy some souvenirs at the shop while it's still open," says Paula, "then have dinner at one of the restaurants. And remember not to haggle. We're dumb tourists, so we don't know we're supposed to."

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:19 pm
by ghill
"Dumb tourists go to Luxor and take trips on the Nile." says Paulus "Not out of the way spots like this. You'd probably arouse more suspicion not haggling" he adds with a laugh. "But food sounds like a brilliant idea"

Paulus approaches one of the market stalls he gestures for a small bag of dates as he pays for the bag of dates he asks (in Arabic) "My friend is a bit worried about trying lovely Egyptian food, might I politely ask have you noticed which of the two restaurants most westerners eat at?"
OOC:   I'm assuming as there is no stress involved I don't need to make a skill roll, that Paulus and the stall keeper will simply talk until they make themselves understood  

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:55 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: you can speak in arab without rolls in this situation.

"Peace be with you. You may try Al-Abeyt, they prepare food to foreigners, your friend will be fine. But then try to go alone to Samir restaurant, they prepare real Egyptian traditional meals"."

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:01 pm
by ghill
Agent Paulus translates for his colleagues, then adds. OK so we could split up two to one of the restaurants one to the other, or come back tomorrow evening, which might be better. I suggest we try the Al-Abey and hope they dig personel have visited it in the past or continue to use it

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's stick together," suggests Paula. "We can go to Al-Abey tonight and save the other one for tomorrow night."

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:39 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So, how is it? Both restaurants or just one?

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:16 am
by ghill
The Al-Abey it is then" says Paulus making a beeline for the restaurant. Paulus will try and grab an out of the way corner table which gives the three of them a good view of the restaurant and the entrances

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:04 pm
by kabukiman
You arrive at the restaurant. A waiter is in the door (he is very young, about 15) smiles, makes a sign with his finger if you are 3; then he enters. Inside you see a spacious room with several tables... that are empty. He takes another door and you see a garden and several tables with tourists. The tables are decorates with candles. He points you a table that is still empty. After some minutes another waiter appears: he is much older (about 60) and fat. He smiles and asks:
- Welcome to my humble restaurant! I hope you are enjoying our wonderful country and all it's beauties. So, where are you from my friends? Europe, America, Australia?

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy

"American," says Paula, knowing her accent might give her away if she lied. Even pretending to be Canadian might not work, as there were enough differences. "Thank you. Nice place you've got here. What sights do you recommend we should see?"

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:25 pm
by ghill
We are from America says Paulus in Arabic. "We are here on a safari in the desert, I am hoping to see an Ibex,insha'Allah. But my friend says we should be hunting meteorites and making our fortune" he adds with a smile. "Do you know the desert yourself? Is there anything we should see?"

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:44 pm
by kabukiman
To Paula:
"We receive lot's of americans here, very nice people".
Then to Paulus, he answers in arab

OOC: I sent a PM.

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, you're very nice too," says Paula. "Are there other Americans here now?"

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:47 pm
by ghill
Paulus translates for his colleagues "He says if we're looking for meteorites we will be disappointed, finding meteorites is very difficult. But he does say we might see an Ibex if we get out early enough in the day. Apparently, we should avoid going to the west part of the desert, there is a nasty archaeologic expedition."

Paulus thanks the man for the food "It has been a long time since I have eaten proper food, perhaps some side dishes so my friends can pick? This expedition why do you say they are nasty? Are they westerners?...then more quietly "....or Cairo, the government?"

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula has a pretty good idea that the "nasty archaeological expedition" is the one they came to find, but she says nothing in front of the man.

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:32 am
by kabukiman
"No offense, but they are westerners, Europeans I think. But very different of the usual archaeologist: those are usual nice, and my best clients: they eat all they can before going to the desert. You know, spending a month just eating canned food is not good to the head. But as I was saying this group is very different: they avoided to mix with the locals, they didn't buy any supplies, and they even have bring some armed guards instead of speaking with the police"- then quietly and after making a quick glace in the restaurant- "they must have pay a lot of money to someone in the Cairo to get such a permit."

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:13 pm
by ghill
How many of them were there and where are they digging? I think we should try and avoid them. It sounds like they would be annoying. Perhaps their guards were policemen in plain clothes? Paulus asks the old man.
OOC:   Paulus will translate as he goes, allowing the others to ask questions which he will translate for the old man.  

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy

"See if you can discreetly find out how many of them are guards and what kind of weapons they have," suggests Paula. "There's a big difference between handguns and assault rifles."

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:10 am
by kabukiman
-They were 4 or 5 men. and they seemed more ruffians than soldiers. I don't understand much of weapons, but they didn't seem to be machine guns, more rifles to hunt. It's about 50 miles at west from the white desert, after the depression.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Any idea which part of Europe they were from?" asks Paula. "Their skin tone and hair color may give an indication of that." She has a suspicion that at least one of them came from Portugal.

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:46 am
by kabukiman
"Well, they weren't germans or english, they were darker, maybe spanish or italians, "

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:16 pm
by ghill
So there were five men in the expedition or there were five men who were providing security? Do you know where they are digging? Says Paulus.

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Or Portuguese, thinks Paula, her suspicions seemingly confirmed.

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:46 pm
by kabukiman
"5 men not including the leader. If you have a map I can point it".

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:18 pm
by ghill
"That would be most helpful" says Paulus "They do not sound like people we would wish to bump into" he adds with as genuine a smile as he can.
OOC:   Paulus will make sure that the team buys a good spread of dishes and that they leave a generous tip as well as continuing a general friendly conversation with the old man.

Unless anyone else has any further questions can I suggest we move on, the more info we can gather on these guys the better but we are probably better off doing that by observing them in the field?  

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I've asked everything I can think of, and I'm ready to keep moving.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:46 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So it's late now (10 PM). What do you pretend to do? Return to your camp? Or try to find the expedition?

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:52 pm
by ghill
OOC:   I would personaly preffer to go back the camp, and get a good nights rest. I don't want to stumble into these guys in the dark. I'd far rather find them in the day light and then put them under observation.  

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:43 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I agree, let's head for the camp.

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 am
by kabukiman
The next day:

When you awake next day after 5 AM with the sunrise, it's still cold. You take a quick breakfast and prepare yourself.

OOC: Any special plans before you arrive near the camp?

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:57 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Not really. Apart from looking like credible tourists (with cameras etc etc)and making sure weapons are well concealed we need to agree some kind of story when we stumble upon them. I mean I think for typical tourists if it looks like a genuine archaeological dig then that would be interesting enough to make them want a closer look and ask questions. I certainly would.  

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,We could also pretend we got lost in the desert and stumbled across them, to explain why we happened to be in the area.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:32 am
by ghill
OOC:   Except we have a guide and probably want an excuse to be in the area in the future. We could even be entirely honest and say people in town told us there was a dig going on and we thought it would be interesting to take a look.  

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:13 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I hadn't remembered that we had a guide. In that case, that sounds like a better plan.

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:25 pm
by kabukiman
You travel for some time in a landscape flat, with of small rock; then you see an area all white. You continue for some time and it starts to be mountainous. You suddenly see a camp with 3 tents, 2 vehicles, with just one guy armed with a machine gun; the area in the camp is the limit where a car can be drive, it's too rocky after that.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/19787482@N04/6472497697

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"How do you want to make the approach?" asks Paula. "Shall we just walk right up to him and introduce ourselves?"

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:35 am
by ghill
We say heard there was an archaeological dig out here, we wondered whether this was it and can we have a look....we'll happily donate some cash to the whatever charity or establishment they represent blah, blah, blah , lots of childish enthusiasm, and if they reject our requests we walk away looking very sad for ourselves a missed opportunity Says Paulus

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds good," says Paula. "If they're who we think they are, I fully expect them to tell us to go away."

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:48 am
by kabukiman
You drive near the camp and you notice that the guard (a young man in his early twenties, maybe younger) is very nervous with your presence. He starts shouting in a broken english (but not with an arab accent):
-Private property! Go away!

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:37 pm
by ghill
Paulus jumps out of the vehicle all smiles, open hands and large gestures (basically a friendly idiot)

"Wow, man is this the dig? The guys back in town said you guys were conducting an archaeological dig. Paula said she's been on a dig back home with her brother he's a researcher in Native American History you know American Indians and all and well she said it had been great fun and Parker there he's got this thing for ancient Egypt and lost treasures so he thought it would be really interesting, hell we all thought it would be interesting to see what you guys were up to, so here we are. Drove right over to ask you guys see if we could have a look see or you know even move some dirt for you? We'll happily throw some cash at whatever charity or fund or school you guys are funded by."

Paulus doesn't stop speaking until he's standing right in front of the young man. He walks in a straight line so obscuring the others from the guard's view.

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula follows Paulus, though it's a little difficult for him to block the view of her when she's at least a foot and a half taller than him. She has her camera out and starts taking pictures of the site and the guard.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:05 am
by kabukiman
"No picture, no picture!"- he seems furious. Then: "Go away quick, boss will be mad".
Suddenly he seems to remember he has a gun, and starts screaming:
"Go away or I use this!"

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"Okay, we're leaving," says Paula, putting away her camera.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:40 pm
by kabukiman
He seems relieved. He takes a cellphone and make a call, but nobody is answering him.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:58 pm
by ghill
Paulus wears a look of incredulity on his face, when the man starts to scream but he takes the opportunity to take a good look at the man as he struggles to make a phone call while holding onto the both gun and phone.

I don't think that you want to wave a loaded gun around like that young man and I'm sure you don't mean to threaten us with it do you considering the terrible laws the Egyptians have got gun crimes. Life imprisonment with hard labour simply for illegally owning certain firearms. says Paulus as calmly as possible. Now I'm sure securing the site is a lot of pressure but why don't we all calm down while you phone the boss
Spoiler:
What Paulus is looking at are things like how the young man handles the gun does he look professional, experienced, trained or untrained. Paulus tries to observe whether the young man has the safety applied or the weapon cocked.

Quick question How far away is Paulus when the man starts screaming at them?

Persuade the man to calm down [dice]0[/dice] - I'm pretty sure that's a fumble.
Spot Hidden: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:40 pm
by kabukiman
The guy is near hysterical, you think that if you make another step (you are about 3 meters), he will shoot. The safety is not applied.

"Retreat now, retreat now!"
He dial again, but nobody answers. When he dial, he seems absorbed and don't look at you (just for some seconds).

OOC: He is not a professional and was never in an army; you doubt he have receive more than some informal training.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula glances at Paulus, willing to follow his lead.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:17 am
by ghill
Paulus nods back at Paula then takes a step forward grabs the man's gun and twist hard and punches him in the head with the other.

Punch [dice]0[/dice]
Damage [dice]1[/dice]+db+[dice]2[/dice]
OOC:   What do you want me to roll to try and disarm the man? I don't necessarily want to take the gun off him simply make sure he can't shoot anyone with it Ideally I'd break his finger by twisting the gun.  

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:07 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Roll: your str against 13 in the table. You need less than 65%. And then roll luck.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:16 pm
by ghill
Spoiler:
Strength Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Less that a 1/5 of the required roll SPCL?

Luck Roll: [dice]1[/dice]
Success but nothing special.

I'll leave it to you to describe the results.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:55 am
by kabukiman
It's a very brief fight, and you grab the weapon quickly; he tried to shoot you, but he failed miserably, and you push him to the ground.
He gulps at you, looking very afraid.

"Don't shoot me, please! I'm just doing my job"

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
by ghill
Paulus takes the gun off the young man and holds it out for Paula or Parker to take he then lifts the man to feet and brushes him down.

"Don't be silly lad no one is shooting anyone, and we shouldn't be waving guns and threatening one another either. Now perhaps you want to tell us what is going on that is so important that your willing to shoot people?. "

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula takes the gun, making sure the safety is on and the barrel pointed at the ground at an angle while she lets Paulus do the talking.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:19 pm
by kabukiman
He looks at you with relief.
"I don't know actually. And I don't think my companions know too very well. We just received instructions that if we found any sarcophagus to not open it. Dr Fritz must be looking for a mummy like king Tut. But Luis says that it's all wrong"

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:02 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Why does he say it's wrong?" asks Paula.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:40 pm
by kabukiman
"He says it's much older than Egyptian, even if it's similar, the writing is also older and many signs have different meanings. And it's more sophisticated, when it should be more primitive."

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"Luis sounds very clever," says Paula. "What's his last name?"

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:43 am
by kabukiman
"Neves. I knew him already. We grow up in an orphanage. That's why I accepted this job, it's very difficult to find good jobs, since I didn't make to college. But Luis was very smart and received a reward for being a good student."

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Where was the orphanage where you and Luis grew up?" asks Paula, though she's already pretty sure she knows the answer.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:05 pm
by kabukiman
"In a small village in the north of Portugal"

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy

"The two of you must be like brothers," says Paula, her suspicion confirmed. "It's good that you were able to stay together. How did you find out about this expedition?"

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:52 am
by kabukiman
"It's Mr Fritz who created a special program to give a chance to kids like us. The other members of the expedition are all orphans like us. "

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, that was thoughtful of him," says Paula. "Who is Mr. Fritz?"

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:28 pm
by kabukiman
"He is the person paying the project. I think he is german; he is already old, he was with us at the begining at the start of the expedition; he left and now speak with us by skype. He has an older brother, a certain Cornelius who only spoke with us once; it was him who give us the instructions about the tomb"

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Why did he leave the expedition?" asks Paula. "You'd think he'd want to be there if a great discovery is made."

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:27 pm
by kabukiman
"This takes a lot of time and it's a pretty dull work. He is also a very busy man and told us as soon as we would find the sarcophagus we should contact him and he would come back"

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"What could he possibly be busy doing that's more important or interesting than the expedition?" asks Paula.

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 am
by kabukiman
"I don't know, he is a businessman. And he is already old, maybe he don't like the dust and heat."

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:59 pm
by ghill
"OK, so who is at the dig at the moment? Is everyone armed? I don't want anyone else to try and shoot me" Says Paulus with a smile trying to boy a bit more at his ease.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:51 am
by kabukiman
"There is also Filipe and António, and they are all armed. This place is dangerous and we can't take any risks, with people thinking we are looking for gold". They are all inside the tomb.

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"Ooh, tell us about the tomb!" says Paula, filling her voice with eagerness. "Can we see it?"

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:23 pm
by kabukiman
"I don't know, this was supposed to be a secret, my companions won't like it"- he says hesitantly

OOC: Make a fast talk or persuade roll.

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Please?" says Paula. "I'm sure it will be all right."
OOC,Fast Talk roll (40% skill) to get him to show us the tomb: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:44 am
by ghill
Its certainly not a secret we came out here to look because the whole town knows you are out here digging for artefacts Paulus remarks

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:13 am
by kabukiman
"very well, I suppose it can be done. But please don't touch in anything- the others would be furious if you break anything".
He goes to one of the tents, grab a flashlight, and walks to one of the hills. After some time, you see what seems an entrance that goes down.
"We are It's here. Now, try to avoid doing any noise."

it's very dark and and the air is cold; the height is about 1,6 and none of you feel comfortable. There are some carvings in the walls of stone (this is not an natural cave).

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:22 pm
by ghill
"Here wait a moment, let me go get the torch from our car as well". Paulus rushes back to their car and grabs the pistol from its hiding place he then tucks it into the back of his trousers where it is covered by his shirt. He then follows the young man down into the tunnel making sure to keep close behind him, one hand resting on his shoulder as though to maintain balance. "Sorry my eyesight isn't very good in the dark. Don't let them know we're coming OK we don't want a repeat of people waving guns all over the place do we.
OOC:   Is it reasonable to say that considering our Law Enforcement backgrounds we'd all have some kind of pencil torch or mini Mag Light as part of out everyday carry?  

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:01 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Couldn't we use our cell phones? Most of them can emit a weak beam of light.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:08 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Paulus: yes. And to Paula: yes.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:12 pm
by ghill
Paulus follows the young man into the tunnel.

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:56 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula also follows, using her cell phone's light to guide her and look around.
OOC,Can [b]Paulus[/b] also have retrieved my pistol? I do have the guard's gun, but I'm not sure what kind it is. I only put points into Pistol and Rifle. If it's an SMG, I'm unskilled in that, though I could probably fire single shots using Pistol skill.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:22 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Yes, Paulus can bring your gun too.

You start the descent. You can still feel the faint light of the sun behind you; with your phones and flash, you can see some meters ahead; the only sound is the one of your feets in the stone. After a while, the corridor divides itself to the right and left. Your guide takes the right and says:
"The left one takes to a great chamber that is full of debris, we didn't have time to explore it well".
His voice is normal, but from some freak effect, the echo transforms his voice like if it was an hiss menacing. He mumbles: "I really hate this place!". Again the same effect. You can see he is getting nervous.

OOC: Make all sanity roll: if you fail, loose, 1 point.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:00 pm
by ghill
SAN roll
[dice]0[/dice]

Paulus isn't afraid of the dark, he's spent to many nights crouched outside an unsuspecting target's home to worry about it, but there is something about the tunnel's acoustics he finds unsettling.

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula doesn't let her surroundings get to her.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 50) in the tomb: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I sent a message to drone, so he make the roll. He hasn't come to this forum for some time, if he doesn't return,. I will npc's his char.

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:53 pm
by drone232
OOC:   I am going to guess I am taking a sanity roll  
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice]  

The iron nerves of Agent Parker hold firm.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:09 am
by kabukiman
You all continue to the long corridor. Suddenly the corridor gets much taller, even Paula can passes without problems: and the stonemason is different from the previous, with carvings of strange beasts.
"Luis got very nervous when we discovered this passage"
There are several passages going in other directions, but he doesn't hesitate. After a while, you all see a room and he says: "It's there, I'm going first to avoid any problems."

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:52 pm
by ghill
Paulus keeps as close as possible to the young man as he goes through.
OOC:   I'm not sure if you mean the man wants to simply be in front of us or whether he wants to be alone, either way, Paulus is following the man in close behind him.  

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: It means he will enter first: if they see strangers first, they may not react well.

All make a listen roll.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:35 pm
by ghill
Listen [dice]0[/dice]

Paulus hears something

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula hears it too.
OOC,Listen roll (55% skill) in the tomb: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:01 am
by drone232
[dice]0[/dice]

Agent Parker hears nothing. Everything seems perfectly quiet. Errily so.

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:04 am
by kabukiman
You don't hear anything. And in a excavation with several people, there should be some noise (even if the people is silent).
But there is a faint light.

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:41 pm
by ghill
Paulus grabs the young man by his belt and pulls him backwards away from the entrance. He then holds his finger to his lips, showing the man he must be quiet. He then takes a couple of steps back away from the entrance if necessary dragging the young man back with him.

When he's a short distance from the cavern entrance So is anybody else spooked by the absolute silence coming from the from an active excavation site?

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula remains still and alert, not making a sound.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:40 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: about 10 meters.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:46 pm
by drone232
I could go check it out. Tiptoe to the entrance and look inside.
OOC:   I want to see what it is, this looks exciting  

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:05 pm
by ghill
OK take a look, Paula can you back him up. I'll keep an eye on pretty boy here"

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:06 pm
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods and silently follows.

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:20 am
by drone232
Agent Parker sneaks close to the entrance and peers inside
OOC:   rolling for sneak  
[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   of dang, I succeeded  

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:02 am
by kabukiman
There isn't much light in it; there are 3 lanterns in the floor, about 4 meter after the door. You can still see that's a very large room; you cannot see the end of it, or the ceiling (but maybe it's the lack of light?). Near the lamps, you see several persons who are motionless, like if they were looking at something.

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula stays back, but she gets close enough to keep an eye on things.
OOC,Sneak roll (40% skill) in the tomb, if necessary: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:34 am
by drone232
OOC:    
I'm hoping that my succesful sneak roll is still in affect since I want to go up to one of these motionless people and touch them, just a light tap on the arm to see if they are stunned or turned to stone. I don't see much harm in doing that

Agent Parker moves slowly through the entranceway towards the frozen individuals to get a closer look.
OOC:   I'm not going to talk to them since that would make noise, just a tap on the shoulder  

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:31 pm
by kabukiman
Paula watches Parker advancing near the persons.

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:11 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula doesn't dare make a sound, but she gestures to Parker in the hopes that he notices, motioning for him not to get too close.

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:21 pm
by drone232
[Spoiler-Button][dice]0[/dice][/Spoiler-Button]

Agent Parker stops in his tracks. He has forgotten the frozen individuals he was moving towards. He does not see Agent Paula gestering towards him. He is only able to stare in the same direction as those frozen around him as he desparately fumbles for his gun.
OOC:   Lost 1 Sanity  

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:26 am
by drone232
OOC:   roll for POW X5, my POW is 17 which X5=85 [dice]0[/dice]  
Agent Parker recovers from the attack on his mind and readies his rifle
I forget what weapons I have but I imagine I have a rifle)
Hostile entity ahead he states to Agent Paula

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:02 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula draws her weapon and signals to Paulus, taking up a defensive stance.

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:16 am
by kabukiman
OOC: You had buy 2 AK-74 and 3 makarov, but I think you have left the AK in the car, so, you have the makarov with you.

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:30 pm
by drone232
OOC:   Ahh, so I have a pistol rather then a rifle. Either way I'm going to shoot it.  
Agent Parker fires his pistol at the creature ahead of him.
OOC:   I have a skill of 55% in .45 automatics and since the Markorav is also a small pistol I hope the skill translates into it as well. I'll let the kepper be the judge of that. Either way, I will roll for firing and let the keeper decide if I hit.
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:08 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I presume that someone with military training can work with similar weapons, so I don't considered them as a total new skill.
Roll damage.

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:06 pm
by ghill
OOC:   There are no named weapons skills, so pistol skill is transferable across all pistols, Pagan's habit was/is to show the issue weapon with any character template example.  

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:59 am
by drone232
OOC:   What's the damage roll for a Markorov?  

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:18 am
by kabukiman
OOC: 1d10.

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:50 pm
by drone232

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:27 pm
by kabukiman
You all hear the echo of the gun and then an inhuman scream of pain.
The creature jumps in direction of Parker

Paula suddenly sees a beautiful face from someone (that is even taller than her), moving in direction of agent Parker.

OOC: Parker, the creature is "jumping" in your direction: you can shoot again or dodge (or anything else that you may think) before the creature hits you.

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:43 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Since my gun is in my hand and ready, do I get a shot too before it attacks him?

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:13 pm
by drone232
Agent Parker fires again
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice] my skill is 55%
Does this thing have claws or fangs or how exactly is it wanting to hurt me.

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:14 pm
by drone232
Parker hits the creature!

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:39 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Parker: You don't see any claws, hands, just the huge body of a snake and it's mouth open... so maybe it's fangs?
OOC2: Paula: Yes.

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula fires, drilling the giant between the eyes.
OOC,Handgun roll (60% skill) shooting at the giant: [dice]0[/dice] Damage from impaling 9mm bullet: [dice]1[/dice] My pistol gets 3 shots per round. Please let me know when I can fire the other two if it's necessary after that shot.

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:56 pm
by kabukiman
The creature makes a huge scream of pain and try to run away.

OOC: Paula, you can shoot.

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula puts two more bullets into the retreating creature's back.
OOC,Handgun roll (60% skill) shooting at the giant, shot 2 of 3: [dice]0[/dice] Damage from second 9mm bullet: [dice]2[/dice] Handgun roll (60% skill) shooting at the giant, shot 3 of 3: [dice]1[/dice] Damage from third 9mm bullet: [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 pm
by kabukiman
It runs as fast as it can, but you see pools of blood in the floor.
You all heard footsteps from behind of you and a huge scream.

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:31 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula spins around, her pistol still in her hands.

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:18 am
by drone232
OOC:   can I get in more shots before the creature is gonw, or is it gonw?  

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:06 am
by ghill
OOC:   Paulus is behind both Agents guarding the student so if someone is coming up behind he should know about it.  

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:15 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Paulus: You are right, you should have been able to be the first person to see. I will post to describe that situation.

Paulus is with the young man, when he hear gunshots in the room, where his two companions are: suddenly, a person run, passing near him: it's an old man.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:40 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Considering we are in a narrow passage can Paulus just grab the man by his arm as he tries to rush past us?  

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:19 am
by drone232
OOC:   In fact, since we now all know of his presence and he's trying to run past all of us, can't we all try to nab him? Group effort  

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:03 am
by kabukiman
OOC: No, only Paulus can, since the man is passing by him and Parker and Paula are dealing with the creature several meters away; unless Paulus let him pass. If Paulus want to grab him, he can use grapple with a bonus of 20% (for being younger and being in a narrow place).

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:26 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Grapple[dice]0[/dice] Beats a target STR of 20 or 24 if he takes into account the bonus  
Paulus reaches out and grabs the man's arms as he runs spinning him into a restraint hold.

At the same time shouting to the young man to get outside and wait with the truck

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:42 am
by kabukiman
The young man don't even answer and starts running to the exit. Paulu stops the old one easily who looks surprised at him.

The creature starts running away.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Can I fire any more shots at it before it escapes?

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:08 am
by ghill
Unless you know something I don't know old man it is not safe for you to rush in there. says Paulus "You need to let the professionals do their job Cornelius."

Paulus keeps his pistol down by his side, but a finger on the trigger.

OOC:   By looks and clothes is the old man local or a European? Does he react when Paulus calls him Cornelius?  

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:55 pm
by kabukiman
He looks at you sarcastically:
"Cornelius is my brother, I'm Fritz the elder. But is happening here?"

OOC: Parker and Paula, you can shoot again.

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:59 pm
by ghill
Well Fritz the Elder, what I think is happening is you have been meddling with things you shouldn't and if you are keen to stay alive you'll stay out of that room and be prepared to run.

OOC:   While keeping a firm hold on him Paulus keeps his grip tight, both on Fritz and on his pistol, if he does anything which looks even mildly hostile and or strange then Paulus is ready to start shooting  

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:46 pm
by kabukiman
And what part of "don't open any sarcophagus you find" those idiot's didn't understood? What do they wanted, to take some selfies and post in instagram? I was recruiting several men in case something went wrong. As it did. But exactly what did they found?

Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:36 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula fires again, hitting it in the back of the head.
OOC,Handgun roll (60% skill) shooting at the creature, shot 1 of 3: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to creature from impaling 9mm bullet: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:54 am
by drone232
Agent Parker fires one more shot at the retreating creature
OOC:   Agent Parker's shooting skill is 55%
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:55 am
by drone232
OOC:   It hit, Im rolling for damage [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:35 am
by kabukiman
The creature makes a strange sound (pain, anger?)... and fall to the ground, you hear an echo in the room for some time, like if more creatures where there. Finally, there is absolutely silence. And the group of young archaeologist seems to awake.

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:49 am
by ghill
Maintaining his restraining hold on Fritz Paulus pushes him towards the chamber. "Either way old man, if you knew they shouldn't open the sarcophagus then you know it is not the sort of thing you should be meddling in." Seeing the boys start to awaken "get those lads restrained before young minds make them do something else stupid"

OOC:   if we don't have cable ties, then we can use bootlaces and belts to restrain and control the young men.  

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:03 pm
by kabukiman
""To be honest, I didn't believe it was possible. I think that even my brother was skeptical. But since it's true, this mean we are facing a bigger problem, because..."- he is interrupted with the screams of the boys who start running (leaving the weapons in the floor).

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula replaces her pistol's magazine for a fresh one, wanting as many bullets available as she can get before she has to reload in case there are more of them. It took enough shots to bring down one creature. She hopes seventeen plus the one in the chamber are enough.

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:30 pm
by ghill
"Paula, Parker, I'm taking everyone outside, police up all the abandoned kit secure the room and then let's move outside."

Paulus positions himself to block the corridor pulling the old man around to help block the passageway. Then making sure his gun is clearly visible he calmly calls out "Ok boys calm down before someone gets hurt, we are all going to go outside, but we aren't going to run one another over to do so."

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:33 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula does as instructed, grabbing whatever she can and securing the area before retreating.

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:03 pm
by kabukiman
"But I want to see how it looks! Let me take at least a couple of pictures with my cellphone and sen to my brother!"- Says Fritz

The others agreed with Paulus and seem to resume their panic with the mention of watching the creature again...

Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:50 am
by drone232
Agent Parker asks
"Are there any more of them"

Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:23 am
by kabukiman
You don't see any other sarcophagus: the room seems very empty.

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't see any," says Paula, "but let's not stick around any longer than we have to!"

Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 am
by ghill
[quote="kabukiman"]"But I want to see how it looks! Let me take at least a couple of pictures with my cell phone and send to my brother!"- Says Fritz

Not right now says Paulus turning the old man around and pushing him towards the exit. When they get back out in the sunlight he spins around again to face the young men. "OK you lads take a seat on the ground in the shade over there and we can get this all sorted out as fast as possible" he then waves over the young man who was with them originally and gets him to sit with the others.

He doesn't wave the gun around but keeps it by his side, however, he doesn't allow any dissent.
OOC:   I did say in my post that Paulus was blocking the passageway so he could control the young student's exit.  

Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:32 am
by kabukiman
All the young one are very shaken and obey you.

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy

Once Paula has gathered up the weapons and other gear, she heads outside with the others.

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:58 pm
by kabukiman
The old man only with difficulty contains his impatience.

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:58 am
by ghill
"I'll keep an eye on these jokers while you two go chat to the old man somewhere private. You can leave the weapons with me I'll deal with them" says Paulus as the others come out from the tunnel. Gently pushing the old man towards them.

Paulus will then start to disassemble the young men's weapons and throw the working parts off in different directions.

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Save a few for us," says Paula, placing the weapons and other equipment on the ground before escorting the old man out of the way.

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:39 am
by kabukiman
Fritz follow you. still impatient.

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:53 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Kabukiman - Is the old man not showing any kind of concern about three people wandering about with guns, is he simply impatient about getting into the tomb. I'm asking because if so he's clearly a bit disconnected from reality. - ie SAN loss.  
Paulus will leave the two best working long guns by his side, he'll also make sure to keep all the magazines. He then instructs each man, in turn, to go and gather and pack all their personal gear and put it in their vehicles. He does this while placing himself so he has a view into the tunnel as well as the tents.

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula addresses Fritz once they've gone far enough away. "What were you expecting to find in there?" she asks.

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:10 am
by kabukiman
OOC: All make a psychology roll.

"Well, it would be nice to know who you are actually, since you have the advantage of knowing my brother. And please don't tell me you are tourists"

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula can't get any kind of a read on Fritz. She hopes Parker or Paulus can get a better impression and defers to them to answer him.
OOC,Psychology roll (55% skill) about [b]Fritz[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:47 am
by drone232
OOC:   I have a high psycoanalysis skill so I will also try that as well on him.
Psychology is 5% [dice][dice=]1d100[/dice]
Psychoanal[/dice]ysis is 55% [dice]0[/dice]

OOC:   okay, I'm having some trouble with the dice roller, but I'll just keep the second result  

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:54 am
by kabukiman
The man is perfectly sane: just too arrogant. He has the habit of giving orders to others and be obeyed; he is pretty sure that in a couple of minutes you will start doing exactly what he want, like if your servants, because he is rich and money can buy anything. He also knows something that you don't. He was a bit puzzled with you presence here, but he doesn't loose much time thinking about that.

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:15 pm
by ghill
"You are right, we aren't tourists but we are the people with the guns which I feel entitles us to some answers" says Paulus

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:08 pm
by kabukiman
He pauses for a moment like if he was noticing you for the first time and then says:
"Ask".

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy

"What were you hoping to find?" Paula asks again.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:15 pm
by kabukiman
"To tell the true, I'm not sure. My brother have two partners. And one of them seemed always a bit weird. Lately, my brother got more and more suspicious since he discovered that some kids had ADN that wasn't human; I don't know how, but he told me that this place could help us to discover if it was true."

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"They had DNA that wasn't human?" asks Paula. "What was it, then?"

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:05 pm
by kabukiman
"Well, the first generations like those kids there, seemed to be human. But each generation latter, was the product of the inbreeding of the older one, I don't know the details. And the last one had reptilian ADN; it wasn't injected them, it's like if those genes were dormant in the first generations, but by doing the right process of mating, it was awakening."

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"How is that possible?" asks Paula. "Was genetic engineering involved?"

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:37 pm
by kabukiman
"I don't think so. It was more a selective breeding. But how could someone discover who were the persons with the right genes is what puzzle me: my brother said that the first generation seemed perfectly normal. But we know who was responsible for it."

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"And who was that?" asks Paula.

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:49 am
by kabukiman
"Another partner from my brother. He is a scientist from some middle east country and was one of the founders of the company. My brother always said that his techniques were odd, more akin to alchemy than science, but they somehow worked. You see, another partner had created some years ago a orphanage- that's where those kids are from"- he points to the several young ones. "My brother suspected that the place was to make human experiments. But latter he discovered that no tests were made, only analyses and there was a breeding program. Some time ago, Cornelius even got the help of a photographer who was supposed to to get some evidence, but the guy was killed in a strange attack with dogs."

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"What's the scientist's name?" asks Paula. "What papers has he published?"

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:25 am
by ghill
OOC:  
kabukiman wrote:"My brother suspected that the place was to make human experiments. But later he discovered that no tests were made, only analyses and there was a breeding program. Some time ago, Cornelius even got the help of a photographer who was supposed to get some evidence, but the guy was killed in a strange attack with dogs."
His brother was the Director of the orphanage right, so could have stopped any breeding program?

Do we know how long he was in charge there?  

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:06 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: No, the director of the orphanage was a portuguese (that you met in the previous chapter) who had been one of founders of the company; Cornelius was a partner in the company of genetics, and wasn't suppose to know about the orphanage. And he didn't care at the beginning. Cornelius is a scientist, brother of Fritz (the guy you are talking now). The portuguese started the orphanage in the late 70's/early 80's.

"I don't understand much about science myself, my business was diamonds so I don't know any paper he may have wrote. His name is Alhireth-Othep.."

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"What do you know about him?" asks Paula. "Where was he educated? How old is he? Have you ever met him?" They can always look up his papers later now that they know his name. Any scientist of his caliber would have to be published.

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:19 am
by kabukiman
"I don't know much of him, and only meet him in 1968 or 1969, can't be sure, when my brother asked me to invest some money in the Company. He seemed to be in his late 40's, but was probably much older. About his qualifications, my brother didn't knew what university Ophep came from; he said that understood science, but in a strange way... And as I said his techniques were also strange, and he didn't wanted to publish anything, only apply his knowledge. After what you saw today, I'm thinking he isn't probably human- that's what my brother must suspect "

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:32 am
by ghill
"None of this really answers why Fritz has paid for a dig down here or why he employed these boys from the orphanage to conduct the dig or what evidence he had to justify any of it, other than my brother told me 'there would be answers here'" thinks Paulus

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"If he's not human, what is he?" asks Paula. "What is your group's interest in this site and how did you all come to know of it?"

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:11 pm
by kabukiman
"My brother kept a certain surveillance with his partners. And discovered that Ophep was sending sent an expedition in this place; I managed that the team had some... legal problems and was arrested. So I have bring this group to see what I could discover. About what Ophep is, I suppose something akin to reptiles, that would explain why he is interested in doing that breeding program."

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"Where were they when they were arrested?" asks Paula.

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:20 am
by kabukiman
"Just here. I waited until they arrived, since I didn't knew where was the place. And since those idiots didn't bother to ask a permission from the authorities, it was easy to denounce them to the police see them arrest. I bribed someone to get an authorization then we simply continued the exploration."

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:48 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula looks over at Parker to see if he has any questions.

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:28 pm
by ghill
Seeing Paula at a momentary loss for what to ask Paulus butts in, talking quietly so the boys can't overhear

I have a few questions for you

Why did you choose boys from the orphanage? There must be hundreds of young men in ( Paulus names the nearby town) who would do the job for a fraction of the cost and are not in any way associated with this man Ophep?

What evidence did your brother give you that you should come here other than telling you "there would be answers", answers to what?

You say you think he isn't human and your brother suspects the same but you've not said why you think this, what evidence do you have?

Paulus is starting to think that DG's scorched earth policy means it is looking extremely likely Franz and the boys are going to go for a short drive in the desert...and not come back.

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 am
by kabukiman
"Using those boys, was actually an irony from my brother. About this place, my brother discovered that Ophep was gathering information for years until he sent the expedition. About being not human, well, he always refused to be photographed, filmed or to appear online."

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 pm
by drone232
"So what do we do now? What's our next move?"
Questions Agent Parker to his fellow Agents

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"We'll need to track down Ophep, hopefully before he makes bail, and we may want to investigate this site further while we're here," she says before turning back to Fritz. "Plenty of people are secretive and don't want to be photographed. What specifically led you to think he isn't human?"

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:30 am
by kabukiman
"My brother always suspected that he was very weird. Of course that is not a reason to think he was less than human. But discovering kids that somehow have strange genes, and creating a breeding program that starts to create a species made him think that he was simply recreating something that had already existed. Because he wasn't doing genetic engineering."

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"But that still doesn't explain why you think he isn't human," says Paula. "I'm sure the genes he used already existed, but what has you convinced that they came from him?"

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:43 am
by kabukiman
"I don't know all those details, it's my brother who is the scientist and arrived at those conclusions."

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:54 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds like we need to talk to your brother, then," says Paula.

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:14 pm
by ghill
Dr Fritz, I'm afraid this is the end of your dig, we cannot allow you to continue. We must, however, see what damage has already been done and deal with whatever has been awoken. says Paulus Then we need to seal things up here, some mysteries are best left like that.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:57 am
by kabukiman
"That still a pity, We could learn a lot with those relics".

OOC: The scenario is finished, unless you have anything to say.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:13 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I can't think of anything more to say.

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:43 am
by ghill
OOC:   Shouldn't we actually go into the tombs and find whether there is an ongoing threat here, he's right we probably could gain a lot from whatever relics are in there, it's simply that he can't be allowed to see them.  

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, we could take a look inside after we deal with him.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:37 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Is there some way we can arrange for the Egyptian authorities to pick up Fritz and the boys. Perhaps arrange via our handler? Then we could investigate the tomb without worry.  

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:11 am
by kabukiman
OOC: You want to ask the authorities to take them in custody with what argument? They have all the legal papers to make the expedition-you don't.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:05 am
by ghill
"Dr Fritz, I can only encourage you to walk away from this site and this business, if you continue to follow this line of enquiry it is not going to go well for you or these boys" Paulus sighs. Any further information about the man Ophep will be gratefully received but this has to be the end as far as your own inquiries take you

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:08 pm
by kabukiman
He looks at you, makes a blank face and then says:
"Very wel, I will stop following this line of inquiry. Goodbye then."
He joins the boys and tell them to pack the material.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula observes them carefully to make sure they don't try anything and that they are truly leaving.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:57 pm
by ghill
That was probably a big mistake says Paulus, he then checks his newly acquired AK is chambered and gestures at the dig entrance, shall we go in then?
OOC:   Paulus will ask the groups guide to position his truck so that he can make sure Fritz and his lads don't come back (or anyone else for that matter) and warn them if he does.  

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:03 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, once we're sure they've gone," says Paula.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:32 am
by kabukiman
They take a full hour and then finally leave the place.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"Okay," says Paula, "Let's go inside."

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:01 am
by ghill
Paulus follows Paula into the dig.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:26 am
by kabukiman
You start the descent again. You finally arrive at the room: you see the body of the creature and it's tomb: it has some hierogliphs painted in golden ink, like if it was some warning. The rest of the romm is completly empty.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula examines the body and the hieroglyphs, trying to make sense of them.

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:52 am
by kabukiman
Paula: roll biology and hieroglyphs (1%)

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:40 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula can't make much sense out of what she sees.
OOC,Biology roll (1% base skill) examining the body: [dice]0[/dice] Other Language: Hieroglyphics roll (1% base skill) examining the body: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Parker[/b] has decent Biology skill. Maybe he should try.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:59 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Everyone cam make the rolls of biology and hieroglyphs.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:13 pm
by ghill
Rolls,Biology:[dice]0[/dice] Hieroglyphs:[dice]1[/dice]
I have no idea what any of this means says Paulus

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:55 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Make both an idea roll.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula thinks of something.
OOC,Idea roll (75% sstat) examining the body: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:44 am
by ghill
Idea roll,[dice]0[/dice] success just
Paulus spends some time in thought and comes to a tenuous conclusion

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 am
by kabukiman
You should take all photos of the creature and the tomb with it's hieroglyphics and take some samples of the creature.

OOC: I'm sorry to be so slow now, but I'm changing home and that makes everything much complicated. I promise as soon as everything is ok, I'l resume my normal post rate.

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:09 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula takes pictures of the body, the tomb, and the hieroglyphics, documenting everything. The she collects samples from the body. "We'll have to get this stuff analyzed later," she says.

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:00 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Ah sorry I must have missed the post where we actually killed the creature.  
Once you've taken samples we should take it out into the desert somewhere and burn it, we can't stop them coming back, but we can remove as much evidence as possible says Paulus

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods. "Let's see what else is down here before we go," she says.

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:24 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Spot hidden roll please.

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy

Something catches Paula's eye.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) in the tomb: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:03 am
by ghill
Huh, says Paulus catching sight of the same thing as Paula
Spoiler:
Spot Hidden,
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:52 am
by kabukiman
You see one carving with two humans: one of the humans say something (like if it was a comic, only in ancient egyptian) and then in another carving the other human transform himself in a snake and then the first human kill the snake.

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula takes pictures of this carving as well. "We'll have to get it translated when we get back," she says.
OOC,Are there any exits from this chamber besides the one we used to enter?

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:17 am
by kabukiman
OOC: No, just that one.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:12 am
by ghill
Assuming all this bullshit is about shape-changing snakes, then if I saw someone turn into a snake I'd kill em, what I need to understand is how we can tell if someone is a snake...person, man thing. says Paulus. He walks over to the corpse and starts to examine it closely.

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, we know of one," says Paula. "That scientist, Alhireth-Othep."

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:14 am
by kabukiman
OOCX: So anything else or can we finish the scenario? You have already photos and samples of the body too.

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 am
by ghill
We don't know he's a snake man, only that we've been told he is...but how do you tell? says Paulus

OOC:   Yes if there is nothing else to add, then we destroy the body return the weapons to the fixer and leave the country.

Unless anyone else has any other ideas???  

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's a good point," says Paula. "I hope we can find out from what we've discovered here."
OOC,Yeah, I think we're done here.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:44 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: ok, you finish what you want and return. I'l make the conclusion in a couple of days.