Page 1 of 1

Wild dog

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:03 am
by kabukiman
5 August, 2014, Washington DC, 7AM

You are in coffee shop with Bartholomew, your handler from cell B. It’s just the four of you and the waitress (that seems half sleepy, and is watching TV). Bart, is in his late 60’s, early 70’s; tall (but not as tall as Paula!), still muscled, gray hair, he is of the military type. He goes directly to the point, without any delays:
“Yesterday, the Portuguese government informed us that an American citizen had been killed in their territory. They say it had been by some wild dog; the body had been found 3 days ago, but they had some difficulty to identify it. For sanitary reasons they had to burn the body and they have already found and killed the dog. The local news says there is a panic, and everyone is killing dogs on the spot, because they are afraid that tourism may be affected. Well, this is at least the official version.”
He pauses, drinks a bit of coffee and then continues:
“I have a contact in the Portuguese army. He made some inquiries and discovered that most of it is false. They basically killed the first dog they found and claimed it was the responsible. And my contact saw the first report of the autopsy: the body seemed to be digested by some acid and they found a black substance that seemed to move. That’s the real reason to burn the body. Any questions?”
He return to his coffee.

Re: Wild dog

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:12 pm
by ghill
Tony looks up from his short stack of pancakes. Yeah I've got a few

Where exactly in Portugal are we going?

Who were Mr or Mrs American before they became 'the body'?
Do we have any details about where or when they arrived in country why and what they have been doing since?
Has has anyone notified Mr or Mrs American's next of kin

What is the actual mission? Your military contact says they discovered a black substance which seemed to move. Does this need to be destroyed or are we simply trying to positively identify what killed Mr or Mrs American and making sure its burned with fire?

How do we get to Portugal with or without badges, are going in under some form of embassy/consulate staff cover or do we have to go in badge-less civilians?

Will we have access to your contact in the Portuguese military when we're on the ground ...more importantly do we have access to a Portuguese friendly who can translate for us?

Reckon that'll do for the moment?

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"All excellent questions," says Laurel. "I'd particularly like to know about translation. I certainly don't speak Portuguese." She has a much larger stack of panckaes, drenched in butter and maple syrup, which she is tucking into with gusto. Her strange metabolism requires her to consume a few thousand calories each day, far more than someone of normal stature. Fortunately for her, she likes food.

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:44 pm
by kabukiman
He leaves his coffee.
The name is Michael Kowalski. He is… was a freelancer photographer. No family. Had some minor problems with justice because he was found with marijuana years ago. More important: he made us some services once. He found some weird cult in some third world country and he passed all info he had. The details are not important now. He was found now in… what’s the name really? Mindelo? It’s in the north. Some nice beach. Full of tourists. We don’t know when he came to that place but he arrived at Portugal one week before.
About the substance: we don’t know where it is. My contact won’t risk his neck. Neither you. If we are lucky, they have destroy it. Anyway, this mission will be completely legit. A lot of people is suspicious that the local government is covering some terrorist, so it was agreed to send some men to investigate; they don’t know the black matter detail and by chance you have been the lucky chosen- he says with a smile. He drinks a little more and then resumes.
You will pose as tourists. Paulus will pretend to be Paula father, Parker and Paula will pretend to be a couple; the papers are being arranged. Your mission is to investigate in the area to discover what happened and if there is any threat. The local government won’t be informed of your presence, so avoid any ruckus. Your own agencies will give any material you need in the place, and they expect reports; be true unless you find something delta green related. In that case, don’t act and inform us so we may think about it. Well, unless of course you really need. Oh, and they worry about the language: nobody except you to speak Portuguese. It would be very suspicious actually. Speak in Spanish the locals understand it. And some even speak English. So relax and enjoy your vacations

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:17 pm
by drone232
Sounds easy enough
Parkers says after taking a bite from a toasted bagel. He gives a blank stare of contemplaion and states
Although, it will probably be a lot more diffcult than that. Especially considering that the black goo had to come from somewhere or something. More than probably this won't be the last victim, but that'll just make our quarry easier to find.
He then continues on with his bagel.

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"How do you know this doesn't have anything to do with the work he did before?" asks Laurel. "We don't really know why he was killed. Maybe he just stumbled upon something he would have better off not finding, but he might also have been targeted. For all we know this could be because of his earlier involvement. The details might be more important than you think. We need to know everything about Michael Kowalski."

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:32 am
by kabukiman
Because the original cult was a small tribe in southest asia. And they are all dead.- he says with a smile.

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:25 pm
by ghill
Just to be clear when you say its legit, but the local government don't know are talking the Portuguese government, or local as in the town mayor and his friends? Because if the Portuguese government don't know then it very definitely not legit, its black bag. Second the cover story is we're civilians? Agent Paulus looks up at Agent Paula "She's my daughter...and he's her boyfriend. "He nods his head towards Agent Parker" Look apart from the fact we bear no family resemblance, and he'd clearly be cradle snatching, would it not be safer if we all crossed the border separately and met up in country? That way no one can pick us all up at the same time.

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Well, at least nobody said I couldn't possibly have a boyfriend looking like I do, thinks Laurel.

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:02 pm
by kabukiman
The portuguese army know that we are sending someone and agreed. Since the local goverment has published twice the names of his own spies in 4 years, nobody trust them, and we don't want your name published in the newspaper. So, you must avoid shooting the locals. About the family issues, well you can go alone if you want, but don't take too long.

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:37 pm
by ghill
If the briefing is over Agent Paulus will leave to make travel arrangements. However, before he does so he will agree a time and rendezvous location as well as an alternative time and rendezvous locations should they be compromised (ideally both popular bars)
OOC:   If agent Bart was going to provide us with credentials, will he still do so but for three unrelated people?  

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right, that sounds good," says Laurel. She finishes her pancakes before coordinating with the rest of her team to make travel arrangements.

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:46 am
by kabukiman
ghill wrote:If the briefing is over Agent Paulus will leave to make travel arrangements. However, before he does so he will agree a time and rendezvous location as well as an alternative time and rendezvous locations should they be compromised (ideally both popular bars)
OOC:   If agent Bart was going to provide us with credentials, will he still do so but for three unrelated people?  

OOC: Yes, but will take some hours extra. You will go by different planes, and you will meet in a bar in the beach at the same by "coincidence". And stay in different hotels. Is that acceptable?

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:35 pm
by ghill
OOC:   From Agent Paulus point of view that is perfectly acceptable. Paulus will then go and draw out the maximum cash possible with his credit card and convert it into Euros. He'll then go and do as much background reading on the region as possible which waiting for the travel documents and make any travel arrangements  

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:33 pm
by drone232
OOC:   I agree. This is perfectly acceptable.  

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That works for me too.

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:18 pm
by kabukiman
8 August

Paulus travel to the airport of Vigo in Galicia; he ates paella a dish of rice with seafood. Then he takes a train and goes to Árvore and stays in a small hotel near Mindelo (1 mile north). And he finds himself in the bar called "meia laranja", near the beach.

Parker has travelled to Lisbon. He buy some postal and then after 6 hours in train, he goes to a small familiar hotel, leaves his stuff and he find himself in a bar, where he find two fellow Americans.

Paula goes to the airport of Oporto, and after one hour is in a small hotel in Mindelo. At the time agreed she is in a small bar where she can see two familiar faces.
The people in the area are mostly young people (late teens) and tourists. The waiters seem eager to please.

The guide tours try to convince you that this is the Portuguese music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKmCib5YsYo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl6yLTtX484

But for some reason everyone just seem to listen this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnBYdUXi3Eg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzTc5zDYUbU

OOC: What kind of information you want to investigate prior to the trip?

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:56 pm
by ghill
Paulus finds himself a seat where he can sit with his back to the wall and which gives him a clear view of the entrance then he buys a glass of whatever the hip young things are drinking. Then he pops open his small laptop hooks into the local wifi and starts looking for local news stories and generally getting an idea about the area. if possible he'll see if he can find anything about where the death happened and if there have been previous similar deaths.

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:22 am
by drone232
Parker enters the bar and orders for himself and glass of ice water and seats himself alone at a small table across from Paulus with his back turned to the agent. He opens up a tabloid newspaper, one of the few he found in english at the markets, and resumes reading the local odd news.

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Laurel Nichols enters the bar, ducking as she walks inside so as not to bump her head on the lintel. She strides over to the bar and orders a beer, eager to sample one of the local brews.
OOC,The third link won't play in America for copyright reasons, but I like the others! Before I go, I want to find out everything I can about [b]Michael Kowalski[/b] and his wife, including why they had come to Portugal.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:39 am
by ghill
As soon as Agent Paulus is happy the others aren't being tailed he'll finish his drink and go to the bar and grab another beer. He'll wait for an opportunity to strike up a conversation with Agent Paula and after making small talk invite her over to his table to chat. He'll then try and manufacture a similar bump into Agent Parker and do likewise, unless Parker beats him to it.
OOC:   Guys, I assume the first thing we do is hire a rental car and do a drive by of the area? Kabukiman are there any obvious tourist attractions near where Kowalski died or where he was staying?  

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy

Agent Paula goes back to the table with Agent Paulus, beer in hand. She takes a seat, her head still higher than his even though he's standing.
OOC,Sounds like a good plan to me.

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:37 am
by kabukiman
After some investigation, you discover the following:
The east of the place used to be until 30 years ago a farming village. Then, it expanded in the west near the beach with rich people building houses. It has especially grown in the last 8 years. In the north, there is a park (some rare birds there). And in the south (where Kowalski was found), there is only a swamp and some empty houses.

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:22 pm
by drone232
"The swamp and empty houses where the victim died seems like the logical first place for us or me to investigate."
Parker states as he folds up his tabloid and stuffs it into his jacket. Makes sense that the black goo should come from a swamp. And who knows what else is in there.

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:48 pm
by ghill
Agreed, we might as well see where the man died. Has anyone had an update from Agent Bart as to why our man was in the country? I mean I know he was a freelancer photographer, but Mindelo doesn't really strike me as the sort of place you'd come to simply to take photos of the scenery unless he was into taking photos of birds.
OOC:   Is there any indication as to what type of photography Kowalski was best know for? Portraiture, landscapes, Artistic...  

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, let's visit the scene first," says Paula. "We should go armed, just in case we run into whatever it was that killed him and his wife. We do need to find out why he was here, as well as what he was doing in the place where he was killed. It's not exactly a tourist spot."

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:33 pm
by kabukiman
You walk in direction of the swamp. You pass by houses and bars. But suddenly, in the south, the buildings that have people living stop like if there was a wall; the road continues by the swamp and you see several houses near the road, that must have less than 10 years, but nobody seems to be living there (the placve where Kowalski was found). After 200 meters, you see a signal saying "Vila Chã", there are several houses, and you see people there.

OOC: Kowalski was a nature photographer. So the park was a more obvious place, but a swamp also has wildlife.

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"Looks like there are people living here after all," says Paula. "Maybe they saw something. We should go ask them. Do we have pictures of Kowalski and his wife to show them?"

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:04 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Actually, before we set off or while the other two head off can Agent Paulus go to the local hire car offices to see if its possible to find out if Kowalski and his wife hired a car and if so where it is now? He'll also hire a small nondescript run about.  
OOC:   Mr Handy has a point it might be worth going armed, but its not easy sneaking firearms on a plane and I'm pretty sure the firearms laws in Portugal are pretty stiff, will Delta Green provide?  

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:22 am
by kabukiman
You discover that Kowalski didn't hired a car; probably used a taxi to come from the airport to Mindelo (by americans standarts, they are very cheap). In mindelo it's easy to walk.

OOC: Kowalski was alone, I never said anything about a wife.
OOC2: You have have been provide with guns by your own agencies in Portugal. But only pistols, no grenades or machinegun.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:11 am
by ghill
Agent Paulus, parks the little VW Polo hire car in the shade of a tree, then grabbing his day pack he steps out onto the road. He make sure the others see where he hides the car's keys behind the drivers side front wheel. "Just in case we're in a hurry and I'm not the first back. I've also got three disposable phones in the day pack, they're prepaid and the address books only have three phone numbers in them the other two phones and the US embassy and they've all been assigned speed dials"

After handing the phones out Paulus will head in the general direction of what he believes to be the "Murder Scene". "If anyone asks, we could say we're representatives of a dog charity; you know because we've heard there is a stray dog problem around here and we want to rescue them rather than see them put down."
OOC:   I know the "wild dogs" was simply a cover story, but is it at all a believable one? Are there any stray/wild dogs around?  

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:45 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: yes. A lot of people in portugal has the bad habit of abandoning the pets when they go to vacations; there are heavy fines against this, but to no avail. But your char don't know any of this. Dogs, cats, and even exotic animals (that are illegal to be kept at houses).

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:06 pm
by drone232
OOC:   If Paula wishes to consult the townspeople about the murder and surrounding area then can I investigate the swamp for anything unusual or unnatural? Since Paulus is already going towards the murder scene then I see no reason for the rest of us to part ways to cover more ground.  

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's a good cover," says Paula. "Should we talk to the people we see outside before we check out the scene?"
OOC,I thought I'd seen someone mention that his wife was killed with him, but I guess I was wrong.

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:27 am
by ghill
Agent Paulus stops for a moment and turns towards Agent's Parker and Paula. "I thought the murder scene was in the swamp? Listen, it seems to me considering we don't know anything about the black goo, separating might not be a good idea." Facing Paula "Its not the way I'm used to operating but, if you wants to talk to locals, then perhaps Parker and I should hang back, if not with eyes on, then at least within earshot. I'm afraid to say your height makes you very easy to describe, whereas I'd rather be as forgettable as possible.
OOC:   Just an aside, but canvassing the locals is likely to take a lot less time than searching the swamp for strange stuff. I also think we should stay together where possible.  
OOC:   Kabukiman - vis the stray dog, I guess I was really wondering whether we could see stray dogs wandering around, or at least evidence of dogs.  

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:55 pm
by drone232
Your right Paulus, it would probably be alot safer to stick together. I like the idea of both of us hanging back while Paula interviews the locals. It might be too conspicuous if we all start going around asking people questions. What do you think we should do to keep out of notice while Agent Paula questions them? Agaent Parker asks while looking out towards the town. Look confused and lost perhaps? He says slightly humorously.

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"Or you could try not to be seen at all," says Paula. "Let me know when you're ready, and then I'll go over and question the locals."

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:39 am
by kabukiman
After walking a little, you leave the swamp and the abandoned houses, to find houses with people. But this place (Vila Chã), is very different from Mindelo. The houses are small, all cramped, forming a maze; even the road is so small that it hardly let pass one car. And there aren't young people dressed in the latest fashion: the women use a complicated dress all black that covers all the body except the face, and the men use simply a black shirt and black pants. They all look at you suspiciously.
You see what seems a coffee shop.

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:15 am
by Mr. Handy

"The coffee shop seems a likely place," says Paula, "but the locals don't look too friendly. The women are wearing Muslim garb, probably descendants of the Moors who conquered much of Portugal and Spain in the Middle Ages. Do either of you speak Arabic?"

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:15 pm
by ghill
OOC:   You say after walking a little, but just how far are we talking? I don't want to be separated from the car to much, so if possible I'll bring it to just short of where the streets become overly narrow.  
This reminds me a bit to much of the slums in Baghdad Paulus mutters. ...and yeah I speak Arabic, but just because they're dressed in black doesn't make them Arabic speakers, dressing in black seems to be pretty much the dress code for older women in Southern Europe*
OOC:   *scratch that last bit if they're dressed in chadoor's or bhurkas etc  

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:57 am
by kabukiman
OOC: no, it's not chadoor or bhurkas, but dress for older women in southern europe or fisherman villages.

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, I think you're right," says Paula. "Those don't appear to be burqas after all. I shouldn't have any problem communicating then. Once you two have gotten in position, I'll make the approach, although it looks like they've already seen all of us."

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:51 am
by ghill
Go ahead says Paulus dropping into a seat by the cafe from where he can watch the street as well as the occupants of the cafe.

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:25 pm
by drone232
"We'll be here if you need us". Says Agent Parker. He leans back against a tree and takes out the same local newspaper as before from underneath his jacket and pretends to be atleast soewhat interested in it as he watches the locals afar.

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:42 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods and approaches the women, self-conscious about towering over them. "Good day, ladies," she says. "Do any of you speak English?"

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:08 am
by kabukiman
A waiter spits in the table where Paulus is, and then starts cleaning it; he then serves a glass of wine.

Paula notice that the locals from this village are even shorter than the rest of portuguese population. The women look at her puzzled, then one of them screams something in one house and a girl gets out. She must be 15 or even less, black hair, tanned skin (like all the locals) dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. She answers a bit anoyed:
-Yeah?

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good day, ma'am," says Paula. "Do you know anything about the recent death of an American that happened near here? They say it was a dog that did it."

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:17 pm
by kabukiman
- I don't know much about it. The american guy had been here some days ago. He said he was a photographer. Then he vanished. Some kids found the body, but nobody though it was the american; the kids said the body was all black. We alerted the police. After they came, they made the routine questions, but suddenly they changed and they just said us to shut up. And then in the news they said that the american had been killed by a dog. If it was a dog, it wouldn't be one of ours.

In the cafe, a men asks to Paulus in english with a thick accent (he have probably 70):
-Are you american?

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:29 pm
by ghill
Paulus turns to the man and smiles. "Me, no friend, I'm Canadian, eh. Why d'you ask? eh.

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"How do they know it was a dog at all?" asks Paula. "Did anyone see it?"

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:16 am
by kabukiman
Paula:
-I don't know. They have laboratory to discover that kind of things, isn't it? Like you see in the TV. But it wasn't one of our dogs.

Paulus:
-Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I lived 30 years in America, in Newark, I worked in a bakery. My son owns one now and he is an american citizen- he says all proud- well, have a good stay here and enjoy the sun. You won't find this weather in your country.

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:35 pm
by ghill
Paulus quickly interrupts the man before he can turn away. "No this weather is certainly baking the damp out of my old bones eh. So what brought you back to Portugal after 30 years eh? Not just the weather surely, eh?"

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:39 pm
by kabukiman
-This was the place I was borne, so I decide to return here. And to show everyone how well suceeded I was. I have one of the biggest house here. Well, not very dificult, since all houses here are so small.

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"I see," says Paula. "Did the authorities come by and ask people here about the attack? Has anyone else been around asking questions?"

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:39 am
by ghill
"It must be a change of pace after all that time in America", says Paulus to the old man. "..and I bet you don't have o worry about wild dogs attacking you in Newark. I hear a young American was savaged by one recently"

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:02 am
by kabukiman
Paula:
-Well, just a couple of journalists, but we didn't knew what they were asking: how many dogs, if he had been robbed. And the police didn't asked much, and they never talked about any dog, they just told us to not speak much or we could ruin the investigation. If they had made any further questions, they would have discovered that the american was doing some weird questions in the tavern. Don't aske me what, I never go there, it's a place just for the men.

Paulus
-Yes, completly different. This is quiet. And the idea of a dog killing someone so near is strange. Only if it is a dog from Mindelo. One of ours woul never do such a thing.

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Paula. "What's the tavern called, and where is it?"

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:33 am
by ghill
Paulus

I have to say I haven't seen many stray dogs around here, or at least not one which might kill a strong young man, eh. Do you think it could have been something else, eh? I bet everyone has an opinion about what really happened, eh.....Why should it be different for the dogs of Mindelo?

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:12 am
by kabukiman
Paula
They call it now a coffe house to be more modern, but it's still the same old tavern. The girl points to the place where Paulus is.

Paulus
Our dogs wouldn't do such a thing, they are good dogs. And it was a shock to us to know he had died. He was a strange fellow doing strange questions, but he was nice anyway.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks again," says Paula. "Have a good day." She takes her leave and heads over to the tavern.

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:38 am
by ghill
Paulus

Perhaps I misunderstood eh, but you said 'Only if it is a dog from Mindelo. One of ours woul never do such a thing' I asked what is different about the dogs from Mindelo?

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:01 pm
by kabukiman
Paula
Paula sees Paulus talking with a men,

Paulus
"Our dogs behave well, I can't answer for those of Mindelo with all those strange kinds like rotweillers and bulldogs, Ours, are pure muttleys- says the men all proud".
Make an idea roll.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:36 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Good day, sir," says Paula, pretending not to know Paulus. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:31 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Idea Roll:[dice]0[/dice]  
Paulus listens to the old man, but nothing he says triggers anything with him. He catches Agent Paula's eye and shrugs as mouths "nothing"
OOC:   As soon as he gets an opportunity he'll recount what the man said to the others.  

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"I couldn't help hearing you talking about that American who was killed nearby," says Paula, taking a seat. "Isn't it terrible? I heard that he was in this tavern asking all sorts of questions before he died. I wonder what he was asking, and what the answers were."

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:26 pm
by kabukiman
The portuguese looks a bit annoyed at Paula and answers:

"He was asking if there was strange alien or deformed children living here. But all the children living in this village are sons from this land and perfectly healthy. The only children from the outside are those from the orphanage".

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"Orphanage?" asks Paula. "What orphanage is this?"

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:19 pm
by kabukiman
-It's a orphanage near our village. You follow the road to the woods at east, and in less then 10 minutes you are there. Very isolated place. At tleast the kids are safe there, without be attacked by any dogs.

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Paula. "That's good to hear." She turns to Paulus and gives him a meaningful look.

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:36 am
by ghill
Paulus
Waiting until there is no one to overhear him. Well we need to look at the site of the murder, but if our man was asking about kids then the orphanage seems like as good place to start as any. Lets go get the car and drive up there.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods. "Okay, let's go," she says, heading with him to the car.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:10 am
by ghill
Agent Paulus

Paulus gives Agent Parker the nod to indicate they are going.

We need some kind of cover story as to why were interested in this place. Any suggestions? Says Paulus starting the car.
OOC:   Assuming we get back to the car without interruption. Paulus and Paula will brief Parker on everything they have discovered. They'll then drive in the car towards the location of the Orphanage, stopping as soon as its visible so as to observe the orphanage and its surroundings without being to obvious.  

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:54 pm
by kabukiman
You follow by the road. The street is very narrow with all those houses; suddenly, you leave the the village behind and there are just fields cultivated. Half a mile latter, the road enters in a wood. It get's very dark in contrast with the sunligth of the openfield. You continue a little more, and then you see a big property with a wall of stone; it is about 2,5 meters of height; there is a metal gate (with an audio intercom), and at it's side, there is has a sign that says something. But by the description, it is the orphanage.

OOC: Please make a roll in spanish.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:01 pm
by ghill
Paulus parks the car up off the road and concealed as much as possible by the trees.

Parker you speak some Spanish don't you? says Parker as he climbs from the car
OOC:   I suspect Paulus would have no idea, but is it unnussual to see something written in Spanish, while in Portugal? I thought the two languages were quite different.  

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:09 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: There are. Specially in complex phrases, and orally they sound completly different, but many of the vocabulary is similar. An exemple:
Portuguese: Orfanato de meninos
Spanish: Orfanato de ninõs.
English: Orphanage of children

So, someone who know spanish, can read a bit of portuguese (specially very simple phrases and road signs), but not poetry.

A more complex phrase:
Portuguese: Eu vou comer
Spanish: me voy a comer
English: I will go eat.
You can see that in this case, it's much more different, even if the verb is the same.

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, I can't make heads or tails of it," Paula says.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:57 pm
by drone232
[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   I have incurred an extreme fail. What does this mean?  
Agent Parker attempts to read the sign, but none of the words seem familiar.

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:12 am
by kabukiman
You read gold fever. It must be some Hospital. Not the Orphanage.

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:13 am
by ghill
Agent Paulus,

Well its the only building we've seen which matches the directions, we can drive on a bit more and see if there is an alternative but I suggest we just use at the intercom and ask for directions. We still haven't agreed to a cover story. My suggestion is we're working for an animal charity and we heard of strays in this area as a result of the man being savaged.

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:34 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I agree," says Paula. "We've come out all this way, we may as well buzz and ask them. If it turns out this isn't the orphanage, they could know where it is."

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:21 pm
by drone232
"We should also see if they know anything, being a hospital I imagine they may know more about what's going on and might even have records of previous attacks or abnormalities."
States Agent Parker

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:57 pm
by ghill
Agent Paulus
OK agent Parker do you want to do the honours as you speak the language

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:29 am
by drone232
Alright, I'll head in and see if I can get directions to the orphanage as well as see if any of the hospital workers now anything about any unnatural happennings in the area. I'll pretend to be part of the animal charity Agent Paula mentioned. Does this charity have a name Agent Paula?
Questions Agent Parker

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't think we ever agreed on a name," says Paula, "and it wasn't my idea originally. Let's call it Watchdogs.'

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:55 pm
by drone232
OOC:   Sorry ghill, I thought Mr. Handy was the one that posted about the charity. Got people's posts confused.  
"Watchdogs it is then. I'll go in and see if I can find out about the local orphanage. I'll also speak to a hospital administrator about any information concerning any more dog atacks or victims of "other" things. It is of course our job as The Watchdogs to find out such things in order to create and maintain a friendly community between dog and man."
States Agent Parker with a slight humorous tone at the end.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:58 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So, can we advance now?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:38 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Please, do. I don't know about the others but I'm happy for you to move things along as and when you see fit, as long as your happy to retcon if we violently disagree.  

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm fine with moving forward too.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:32 am
by kabukiman
After you push a button, you hear a male voice in portuguese. Aftear hearing you in english they ask:
Who is it?

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:26 pm
by drone232
Hello, I'm Rick Anderson and I'm part of a group called Watchdogs that investigates canine attacks in order to prevent further voilence between dog and man. We at Watchdogs have heard of a dog attack that resulted in the death of an individual and are investigitating. We believe that the stray or stray dogs responsible may be connected to a local orphanage and would like directions to the local orphanage so that we may prevent further human or canine casualties. We would also like to know if your hospital has any records of injuries or deaths caused by canines or other animals. Anything seemingly unusual would aide us in our mission.
OOC:   Don't know the proper procedure for names and I know I should'nt use my real name so I just came up with one  

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:09 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula mentally rolls her eyes, though they don't move at all. He's blowing it! she thinks.He should have just started by asking where the orphanage is and not offered any information unless needed. I wouldn't believe his story, but let's hope this man is gullible.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:08 am
by kabukiman
There is a pause and then:

This is the orphanage and we are not responsable for any attacks from dogs to persons.

OOC: Please make a fast talk roll.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:26 pm
by drone232
[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   My fast talk is 35, and thus this is quite a good success  

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:43 pm
by kabukiman
"Very well, you may enter"
After some minutes, the gate is open. A short men in his late 50's appear dressed. He makes you a sign to follow him. Inside, you see that there are two buildings: one seems a school, the other a small palace, with lot's of colors (golden, brown, blue). The men takes you (without saying a word) to the one that seems a school. You see some boys and girls (10) playing soccer in a field. In the school, after a corridor, you arrive at an office. He open the door, and you see a bald men in his late thirties, in a desk with a computer.
"Yes?"

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm sure you must have heard about the American who was killed recently, reportedly by a dog attack," says Paula. "Did he visit this orphanage before it happened?"

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:28 pm
by kabukiman
"I think I remember that there was a foreigner that came here some days ago and wanted to make us a donation. I don't know if it was the same. And we don't have any dogs here. Too dangerous with all the children here. So, I don't see any connection."

OOC: Make a spot hidden roll and a psychology roll please.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:27 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Please, all roll.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:48 am
by drone232
OOC:   My spot hidden is 60 [dice]0[/dice]
My Psychology is 5 [dice]1[/dice]  

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:06 pm
by ghill
[dice1d100][/dice]
[dice1d100][/dice]

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:31 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: I'm sorry ghill, but I can't see your results. What rolls did you get?

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:03 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Spot hidden 1d100=10
Psychology 1d100=82  
Paulus can't get a good read off the man, but think he's noticed something.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:40 am
by kabukiman
You cannot notice anything about the man, he is probably telling the true. But Paulus notice that there are lot's of books about genetics. Lot's of them really. And several small handwritten books. And a closet.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:47 pm
by ghill
Paulus tries to give a subtle nod to the others with regards the books.

"I'm sorry sir we haven't be formally introduced my name is Richard Paulus, you are?....... The connection we're looking for is where these strays might be found. Watchdogs is an animal welfare charity at heart so our aim in this case will be to find the dogs and if they are strays to remove them to one of the charities kennels where they can be re-homed at a later date. I have to say I'm surprised you say there are no dogs here, the reason we are here is several villagers claimed there were dogs at the orphanage. Why do you think they might say that?

Paulus lets his comments sink in then continues

"Might there perhaps be dogs attracted to the orphanages bins. Dogs can be terrible scavengers, especially strays who have to live by their wits, or perhaps the children have been giving them titbits and treats. If you were to let us walk around the orphanage's grounds we could quickly tell you if there is evidence of dogs getting onto the orphanages property and any measures you might take to prevent it happening again."

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:31 am
by kabukiman
The man looks at you deeply and the makes an ironic smile.
My name is Luis da Cunha Francisco de Almeida Castro da Nóvoa and I'm the Director of this Orphanage. I seriously doubt that any of those dogs would managed to enter here, unless they would be able to fly. And about the children... we are very strict. None of them would dare to break the rules. I do not now anything abouth the locals: we avoid any contact with them, since they are just a bunch of ignorant fishers and they are just probably trying to avoid been considered guilty. But I do not see any problem in letting you see the outside ground. - He raises his voice and says:
José!- The door is open and the man you say before, enter, receives some instructions and nods. Finally the director says:
-Well, I think you can go now with José. After you finish looking and not finding any trace of animals, you don't need to bother to return here, you can go away. With this words, he dismiss you and return reading some report.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:15 pm
by ghill
Many thanks for your assistance director. I promise we'll be out of your hair as soon as possible. Then turning to the janitor. José why don't you lead the way, we'll follow after. then turning back to the director. Director, I assume as long as we don't take pictures of the children, you are OK with us taking photos. We can use them to highlight anywhere which may be at risk or encouragement to these stray dogs so prevent them from hanging around the orphanage.

Paulus will agree to whatever the Director says about photos.

As soon as they are out of the office and following Jose at a suitable distance, Paulus whispers to the others. Take in every detail, photograph everything you can get away with. I think we'll be coming back here to look around. I'm sure that creep is up to something.".

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:20 pm
by kabukiman
The director agreed with pictures as long as you don't publish them.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:39 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods, taking out her cell phone and starting to snap pictures with it.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:56 am
by ghill
Paulus takes occasional photos but not of the things he is most interested which are all related to the Orphanages security. What windows are barred, which doors and windows are alarmed, where he might climb over the wall, where there is cover anything which will help him get into the Orphanage with as little effort and smallest risk.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:45 pm
by kabukiman
The place seem quite easy to penetrate: you don't see any special measures of security. The windows aren't bared (they cannot be by legal reasons), the alarm seems pretty normal. It seems easy.
Jose after some time, looks at his clock and make a sign to see if you have finished.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:45 pm
by drone232
"May we speak to any of the children Jose? The children may have seen some of the strays we're looking for, even if they haven't interacted with them. asks Agent Parker

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, I'm sure the children would have played outside," says Paula. "They might have seen or heard something."

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:28 am
by kabukiman
-Sim.
The man call some kids. They are all very thin, some with slender eyes. He says something in a harsh voice and then the kids look very afraid. One of the them gulps and asks:
-What do you want miss?

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:19 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Do you remember when the American came to visit?" asks Paula. "The one who was killed recently by an apparent dog attack?"

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:15 am
by kabukiman
-There was a foreigner, yes. But he didn't speak to us, only to the director. He wasn't nice.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:32 pm
by ghill
While the others are talking Paulus slips outside and walks around the outside of the building, looking for points of entry whether they are doors windows or simply a tree next to a fence.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:17 pm
by kabukiman
Paulus:

You see a small kid making you a sign calling you, behind the school building.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:30 pm
by ghill
Paulus doesn't make any sign of having seen the boy but wanders over until he is within earshot.

"Hey, hows it going."

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:57 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Really?" asks Paula, surprised at this revelation. "What did he do or say that wasn't nice?"

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:14 pm
by drone232
Agent Parker sees the man give him an odd stare.
[dice]0[/dice]
But nothing seems suspicious.

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula notices something disturbing, but she doesn't show any reaction to it.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) talking to the child: [dice]0[/dice] Sanity roll (current level 50) for seeing something [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:11 pm
by ghill
Paulus wanders back to the others, "Well guys and gals, there's no sign of dogs, and we shouldn't over stay our welcome, shall we go now."

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:35 am
by kabukiman
-Well, I'l take you to the gate, senhores.

He follow you, open the gates and shut it without a word after you leave.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"Did you get a good look at those kids?" asks Paula once Jose is out of earshot. "Some of them had weird-looking eyes. Sounds like some sort of genetic abnormality."

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 pm
by ghill
Paulus says nothing simply getting into the car an waiting for the others, he drives on past the orphanage rather than simply turn around so they can get a better idea of the orphanages surroundings. Its only after he has finally turned the car around and driven back to the village that he speaks.

OK, so one of the kids told me the other kids saw our man come and talk to the director and then break in at night and head into the main building where the classes are and incidentally when the director has his office. Our man wasn't seen again, but later the janitor went for a short late night drive. And no, I didn't see anything weird about the kids, but I did notice the director has a load of books about genetics. I guess we're going back, but not tonight, although I do suggest driving back here after dark so we can and perhaps even camping out so we can see what the routine is.
Paulus thinking:   The kid said they always found him when he ran away. I wonder whether the kids have tracking devices on them?  
OOC:   Assuming everyone is OK with the idea I suggest we get some camping gear as well as binoculars and cameras and stake the orphanage out.  

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds good to me," says Paula. "The one I spoke to said that the American wasn't nice. He didn't say anything, but he gave them an ugly look like many outsiders. I think he must have noticed what I did about the children."

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:12 am
by drone232
"Sounds good to me as well"
Replies Agent Parker
"Where are we going to get the supplies and how do you plan on us camping outside the orphanage at night without getting noticed? I have a feeling that the director has probably upped his security since the break in and possibly since a bunch of strangers just came in asking odd questions. Perhaps we should get some gillie suits or something similar?"
OOC:   Are there any trees around the orphanage that would be good to hide in and tall enough to provide a good vantage point?  

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:05 am
by kabukiman
OOC: There are lot's of trees (it's a wood), but to climb them, you will need to make climb rolls.

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:41 am
by ghill
Paulus smiles Supplies are easy enough. We can get all the stuff we need at a camping store. Sleeping bags, bivvy bags, a canvas sheet, some tent pegs a couple of shovels, water, heavy duty bin bags. Oh and it'll be what we call "hard routine" which means wrapping up well to keep warm and no lights or fires. We move in at night construct a hide for two of us and then rotate in and out after darkness, we wont be out and about in the daylight. We don't hide in trees because you can't stay in one for the sort of time we'll want to stay hidden. You wont need Ghillie suits because you wont be out in the open. Its all cool, this is what I do for a living*
OOC:   *IC its what he does for the CIA ...and Twenty years ago it was what I was doing for my living IRL (not for the CIA :)  
OOC:   Is hunting popular in Portugal? Would we be able to get hold of any kind of night vision? otherwise a really good pair of binoculars and a very good digital camera.  
Selecting and occupying an OP,Basically we're looking for a location from which we can observe the Orphanage, but sited to take advantage of natural cover and concealment, so a wood line or a hedgerow would be best. Ideally it will overlook the orphanage so we can see inside, but really we simply want to be able to monitor activity coming in and out and identify everyone who works there, so we can work our their timetable. We'll move in at night dig ourselves a hide, use fallen branches and the canvas sheet to act as a roof and cover this with foliage with just a small exit and a opening to observe from. This will probably take most of the night. I would suggest two of us occupy the hide the first day, with one further back (probably with the car), the next night we swap one person out and remove any rubbish, rinse and repeat for as long as needed. IRL there is a lot more planning and preparation :)

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:52 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: yes, it is, but it is only legal after the end of summer. But watching birds and other wildlife is also acceptable, and besides in the summer there is lot of people who makes illegal camping for a couple of days and as long as they don't start fires or make any damage, usually nobody complains. You can buy night vision googles only in a big city... but internet and an express service can get that in less than 24 hrs (or you can stay with the binoculars and the digital camera, thoset are easy to get).

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:42 pm
by ghill
OOC:   How long to drive to the big city? It might make sense to do this because in a big city it would be easier to spread all our purchases around. Last thing we need is for the police to find loads of camping gear after a horrific bloodbath where loads of kids are shot, then have the local camping goods store owner say "Yeah, that's my stuff here is the video of the three people who bought it :P  

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:31 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: It's about 30 minutes to Oporto.

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:55 pm
by ghill
Who fancies driving down to Oporto for the rest of the day on a shopping trip. We can grab a nice meal and perhaps find a hotel so we can get our heads down for a few hours before we head back out later tonight says Paulus

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy

"Great, let's go," says Paula. "I hope they have a big enough sleeping bag for me."

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:19 pm
by kabukiman
You spend several hours buying the stuff you need. You eat meals of traditional portuguese cuisine (codfish with baked potatoes, pork with rice in steam oven and guts of lamb with beans).

OOC: Make me please a list of what you want to buy.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,We'll need water, food, sleeping bags, binoculars, night vision gear (if available), small tents (though a bit less small in my case), and portable heaters to keep us warm at night without a fire, and the other things [b]Paulus[/b] mentioned.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:27 pm
by ghill
OOC:   We'll need water, food, sleeping bags,bivvy bags, binoculars, night vision gear (if available), small tents (though a bit less small in my case), and portable heaters to keep us warm at night without a fire, two canvas sheets, tent pegs, heavy duty bags to carry spoil and rubbish away, two shovels, a decent rucksack to carry it all in and out with.  
Paulus watches Paula as she looks at the tents. "Where are you going to put that up? Someone walking around is bound to see it? The whole idea of the hide is someone can be standing right on top of us and they wont know." he points at the heater "You wont need those either, you'll either be in the car or in the hide, either one you'll be warm enough. Just make sure you've got the right clothes for outdoors, so you can add and remove layers as you require..

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, good point," says Paula. "We'll forgo the tents and heaters, then."

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:22 am
by kabukiman
You returned to Mindelo after the shopping done. It's about 10 PM, and it's finally night

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula helps set up the campsite once they pick out a concealed location amongst the trees from which they can watch the orphanage.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:37 am
by kabukiman
You notice that in the building where everyone is sleeping, mot of the ligths are turn off at 10 PM. The last ones are at 11PM. On the bulding where is the office and classes (the school), the ligths are dead. But at 5 AM, you notice that 2 persons leave the school and go in direction of the dormitory. At 7. AM, you notice some movements, and some cars arrive (teachers). At 8. AM the kids go to the classes.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:29 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Does the movement at 5AM coincide with lights coming on in the dormitories?

Is it possible to use a spot hidden or a Photography Skill check to identify the people coming from the school and heading to the dormitory

Also can we work out who stays overnight is it the caretaker and the Director, or there anyone else.  

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
by kabukiman
OOC: The movement at 5Am is from two persons who are going from the building of office/classes and going to the dormitories. After that, everything is quiet until 7. AM. But the dormitories only start having some movement at 7. AM (people waking up).
You can use a spot hidden to see if you recognize who is going from the bulding of the offices to the dormitories at 5. AM. and photograph if you want.

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:42 am
by ghill
OOC:   Spot Hidden Skill 80% - [dice]0[/dice]
Photography Skill 45% - [dice]1[/dice]  
Paulus doesn't need the photos to recognise the two figures.

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:49 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula can't get a good look at the people, and her pictures don't come out well due to the poor lighting.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) at 5:00 AM: [dice]0[/dice] Photography roll (10% base skill) at 5:00 AM: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:38 am
by kabukiman
OOC: You recoignize the janitor and the director. We just need agent Parker to see if he can photograph.

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:04 pm
by drone232
Agent Parker angles his camera towards the distant targets and attempts a shot.
[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Photography skill is base 10  

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:40 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So, no photograph.. But at leat you know who are the two men. What do you do now?

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:21 am
by ghill
OOC:   Rinse and repeat. Spend another day and a night watching, see if the events of the last night are the same over multiple nights. See what happens during the day.  

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:04 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,As long as two of us are on stakeout, one of us could go elsewhere during the day to do something else so as to save time. Are there any other leads which we need to investigate?

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:22 am
by kabukiman
About the nights: in the first 2 days, both men leave some minutes before 5 AM the building. On the third day, they, they leave about A AM. But two kids jump the wall, and escape. On the fourth day, the director and the janitor leave again at 1 AM.

About the days: it seems quite normal in the first two days (school, kids playing, eating). But on the third day, the director leaves in the car at the end of the morning and just return at the end of the day with the kids who escaped at night. They are put in detention. On the fourth day, you see the director taking blood samples from one class of the older kids (about 17 years old). They don't seem very happy (specially the girls), but accept. You notice that all classes have the same proportion: 5 boys and 5 girls. That mean a total of 180 kids, from babies to 18 years old.

OOC: Mr Handy, you can try to investigate about the orphanage in the net, or sending a message to your superior in delta green.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:59 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Actually, how about doing person checks on the director and other members of staff and seeing if anything 'pops' up. Anyone want a bet our friendly director is a disgraced geneticist :)  

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:20 pm
by drone232
ghill wrote:
OOC:   Actually, how about doing person checks on the director and other members of staff and seeing if anything 'pops' up. Anyone want a bet our friendly director is a disgraced geneticist :)  
OOC:   I'll take that bet. No idea how this fits in with the black goo we're investigating, but its obvious that the orphanage is just a controlled environment with generation after generation of test subjects being grown and reproduced. In fact, I think we should find out how long this orphanage has been in operation so as to have an idea about what generation they may be on. We also need to find out the rate at which the institution accepts new orphans and the adoption rates. An orphanage that neither accepts new orphans or allows orphans to be adopted I think is a strange enough occurance to warrant investigation by local police or at the least some child safety organization. While it wouldn't be in our best interest to let others investigate for us, it would still be a good option to have if we ever need a fallback plan.  

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:09 pm
by ghill
drone232 wrote:We also need to find out the rate at which the institution accepts new orphans and the adoption rates. An orphanage that neither accepts new orphans or allows orphans to be adopted I think is a strange enough occurrence to warrant investigation by local police or at the least some child safety organization.
Doh, why didn't I think of that. Actually, if they do re-home or get children successfully adopted this would be another avenue for investigation.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:11 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Parker[/b] should probably be the one to do the online research, as he has the best Library Use skill.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:41 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: So, Parker (if it is Parker), make 8 library rolls

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:30 pm
by drone232
OOC:   Eight! Wow. Alright then, my library skill is 50 and thus  
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:47 am
by kabukiman
Ok, so you discovered the following:

About the director (two fails rolls, one success): you discovered that he migrated to America and created a company of genetics in the 60's, had very success and then retired in 1980.
About the Orphanage (two fails, one sucess): it's a private orphanage (doesn't belong to the estate, but still has to obey to the rules), it was created in the early 80's.
About the company that the director created (two fails): you don't discover much. It is a nice company who try to make a better world (that's what they say in their page).

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:39 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So, what do you do?

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Maybe we should report back to our superior in Delta Green with what we've learned so far and ask if they have any additional relevant information.

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:49 pm
by ghill
Paulus

"OK so he goes to the States in the 60's and starts a company. Assuming, it was a reasonably successful business, he retires twenty years later and returns home with a briefcase full of cash. Back home he immediately sets up an orphanage and starts a new career as the director. We know there is something up with the kids...or at least some of them. The speed with which they catch the runaways is a bit suspicious too and they seem to be conducting some kind of experimentation. We know our man came here...and that he probably didn't come out again. That the Janitor disposed of the body.

Paulus pauses for a moment.

"Personally, I think we have enough here to warrant going in and conducting a close target recce on the place, you know have a really good look inside. I also have another suggestion. We wait for some more kids to get out and then lift them ourselves, we can get them a long distance away from her in the night and then we can talk to them at leisure. Also we know that at some point the director will leave to find them, perhaps if we lift them ourselves we can find out how he does that?

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"I like the second plan," says Paula. "We can always go in later, and the more information we have before we do, the better."

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:11 am
by ghill
Paulus continues

The only downside with lifting the kids is that we risk showing our hand to the Director. Also if he, or anyone else else for that matter discovers us with the kids we risk being labelled kidnappers or worse. I wonder if instead of us lifting them, we can get the bosses to talk to their friends in the authorities here toto do the job for us. Then we can talk to them in the comfort of a police interview room instead.

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"That does sound better," says Paula. "It sure beats being in a police interview room the other way. We can say that the children show signs of abuse, and it's true. The experiments do constitute abuse."

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:25 pm
by drone232
"I agree", says Parker, "we need to do this in a way that keeps us out of the law's suspicion and keeps the director in it. We just need to make sure we keep an eye on him when the authorities start investigating him to make sure he dousn't already have a plan for if this happens, which he might".

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:39 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: So you are contacting your contacts from delta green? Or your superiors from your agencies?

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:15 am
by ghill
OOC:   So the plan is to continue watching the orphanage, but the next time we see any children trying to escape we are going to coordinate picking them up with the police. Ideally, it will just be a matter of us warning the police where they can pick the children up, but if necessary we'll grab them and take them to the police. What we really need cleared is an opportunity to question the kids in private. This is what we are going to need someone in authority to clear for us.

Am I correct in thinking the kids escaped in the early hours of the morning (1-2am) and the director went out to recover them nearer mid morning (around 10-11am)?  

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:45 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Yes.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:32 pm
by ghill
OOC:   OK so this gives us several hours in which to interview the kids. Ideally we also take them as far from the orphanage as possible for the interview. This means the director will be away for an extended period of time. We should consider whether we break into his office during this time?  

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:52 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That could be a good time to do it, as we'll know he's definitely out of the office. Of course, that will be in the morning during daytime, which makes it harder to sneak around.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:22 am
by kabukiman
OOC: So, we advance a little.

2 days latter, you notice that after the director leaves the building (about 1 AM), 3 kids (two boys and a girl) leaving some time after.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:51 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Have we made arrangements with the police for assistance with the kids? Ideally this will be with the Policia Nacional (so we can get them further away), but I expect will probably be the Policia Local.

The director leaves building and kids then leave subsequently. I take it director takes a car, the the kids leave on foot? Is there anything to suggest the kids were waiting for the director to leave?

Also how did the kids leave? Did they climb over the wall, or through a door?

Paulus' suggestion would be for whoever is on backup duty to follow the director in the car, while the two people in the hide back out of it and approach the kids. I'm happy to handle either job.

Alternatively, one of us follows the director, one of us follows kids, while one of us breaks into the orphanage and subsequently the directors office. Either way the director needs to be followed.  

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:22 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Paulus[/b] is probably the best choice to follow the director, with his excellent stealth and driving skills. That would also make him better suited to break into the office along with his Locksmith skill, but following the director is a higher priority. We can always break into the office some other time when we know the director is away and it's not necessary to follow him.

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:24 am
by ghill
Paulus

Paulus waits for the Director to move on, then makes his way back to the car. The light doesn't come on when he's opens the door, because he's already removed the bulb. Starting the car he makes sure the lights are off until he makes his way back to the main road where his lights appearing in the night wont appear to unusual. Keeping his eyes on the road Paulus hits the speed dial on his phone to open a conference call with the others.
OOC:   Naturally, if he leaves or continues on foot, so will Paulus. Also assuming Drone/Parker has no strenuous objection.  

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:19 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: The kids leave on foot, and use the wall. For where they go, you don't know.... You must follow them. The director only leaves the orphanage at the end of the morning (on car). But if one of you gives a ride to the kids, it will take much longer... Is this the option?
OOC 2: You have alerted the PSP (Policia de Segurança Pública), who will alert the Social Security who need to make an proper investigation and then will send someone. What did you expected? :D

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:36 pm
by ghill
OOC:   originally you wrote
kabukiman wrote:you notice that after the director leaves the building (about 1 AM), 3 kids (two boys and a girl) leaving some time after.
but then in the last post wrote
kabukiman wrote:The director only leaves the orphanage at the end of the morning (on car).
These seem contradictory statements and quite drastically changes how we handle the kids and the Director.  

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:05 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Sorry if I wasn't clear. The director leaves the building to go sleep after 1 AM; after the kids run away. And in the end of the morning after the director awakes, he leaves the orphanage to grab the runners. Any doubts

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:35 pm
by ghill
OOC:   OK so Paulus will follow him discretely in the car where does he go? Where does he keep the car?  
Paulus:
  Depending on where he puts the car, I'll disable it. So when he goes after the kids he'll be delayed. I'll simply swap fuses for the fuel pump, so it starts but burns out after he's been driving for a while**.  
OOC:   **Paulus has high mechanical and electronic repair skills so if this isn't a suitable solution I assume he'll know what is.But basically he doesn't want the car to simply not start, he wants the director's car to break down away from home so he's delayed more.  

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:06 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods to Parker and starts to follow the children discreetly from a distance, not wanting to approach them until they're well away from the orphanage. "I'll follow them," she whispers, "and you follow me."

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:16 am
by kabukiman
Paula:

The kids walk about an hour and stop in a train station. Then they wait until a train appears.

Paulus:

Make two mechanical rolls.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:58 am
by ghill
Paulus pops the car's bonnet and starts to fiddle about inside. Unfortunately he is unfamiliar with the make and model of car and doesn't know where to start. Unwiling to simply wreck the car he backing off into the shadows. Once safely concealed he sets off to find himself a shard of glass (if he needs to break a bottle he'll do covertly with it wrapped in his jacket) and returns to slip it under the rear passenger side wheel.
OOC:   Mechanical Repair 45%

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]  

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula beckons for Parker to join her. "They're going to board the train," she says. "We need to be aboard too. We should make the approach while the train is in motion."

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:49 am
by drone232
"Alright, I'm ready. You just lead the way."

Replies Parker

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:47 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods and buys two tickets for the train.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:34 am
by kabukiman
Paula and Parker:

It's friday nigth. The train if full of two kind of people: the last workers returning to home and kids going to go to some party. The group you are following find a place to sit.

Paulus:

OOC After leaving the glasses, what do you do?

OOC2: I have edited the post

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:28 pm
by ghill
OOC:   I have to say that seems a bit harsh. Paulus was clearly trying to avoid that sort of thing. I failed I didn't fumble.  

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:14 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: A fumble would destroy the engine for good; but i'l give your this choice: if you decide that since you are not able to sabotage as you wanted, you leave the car intact; if this is your choice, I'l edit.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:52 pm
by ghill
kabukiman wrote:OOC: A fumble would destroy the engine for good; but i'll give your this choice: if you decide that since you are not able to sabotage as you wanted, you leave the car intact; if this is your choice, I'l edit.
OOC:   Why would that be a fumble? Paulus whole aim is to make sure the car is wrecked en route, whether the car is repairable or permanently wrecked is immaterial (certainly not a concern of Paulus's). Wrecking the car in the Director's driveway is the complete opposite of what he's trying to achieve, hence why I think it is a fumble result. So yes Paulus will not try and sabotage the car mechanically, but instead place glass behind the wheels in order to cause a puncture (as per my post).  

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:11 pm
by drone232
Parker watches the kids through his night visio goggles.
[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   My spot hidden is 60  

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:28 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Wait, my plan was to approach the children on the train, while it was moving. That way they can't simply run away from us. We can also call ahead to the police so they can be at an upcoming train station to pick them up once the train does arrive.

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:45 am
by kabukiman
OOC I have edited the post.

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:48 pm
by ghill
Having placed the glass, Paulus withdraws to his own car parked, so he he can see the Director's. He then settles down for a long night of keeping the Directors house under observation.
OOC:   I should have asked earlier where is the Director's home and what are his circumstances (flat, large house etc)  

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:21 pm
by kabukiman
The director sleeps in the same building that the children; that means that the school building (with the office) is at this hour alone.

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:28 pm
by ghill
OOC:   OK that is a bit frustrating. When you said he left the building, I thought you meant the orphanage, not just a building in the orphanage, hence my post about following him in the car. If he's at the orphanage, then everything I just described in my last few posts was a complete waste of time. I wouldn't have left the cover of the hide, nor would I have sabotaged the car as he can just use the janitors car, or the car of another member of staff.  
OOC:   If he doesn't leave the orphanage we should arrange with the local police to do a roadside check on his car when he does.  

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:04 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: The janitor don't have a car, do you know how much they get paid in Portugal :D ? and since your idea was to sabotage the car or the tires, remember, that he won't notice the problem at the begining, but only after some time; being in the middle of nowhere with a car with problem isn't good to someone in a hurry. So your plan is perfectly fine. And in page 8, I said that 2 persons left the school building and walked to the dormitory, and it was the same routine, day after day, never that the director left the orphanage in a car in the middle of the night. The idea of the car check is also good.

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy

"Have your phone ready," says Paula to Parker. She approaches the children with a smile, ducking her head to keep from bumping it on the train car's ceiling. "Hello," she says to them. "Do you speak English?"

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:18 am
by kabukiman
Paula:
They look at you and the girl answer:
-Yes

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Where are you kids headed?" asks Paula in a casual tone.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:32 am
by kabukiman
-Like everyone here, we are going to a bar drink and have some fun.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"That sounds cool," says Paula with a smile. "Which bar? I'd like to hang out too."

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:18 am
by kabukiman
-I don't know, we will pick one, when we arrive. The one with a bigger crowd. That means it's the one everyone likes.

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"Cool," says Paula. "Do you mind if I hang out with you? I don't have a lot of friends. You see, a lot of people when they look at me think I'm a freak because I'm so big." She hopes she can play on their sympathies, as they probably also have had people react that way to them considering their odd appearance.

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:30 am
by kabukiman
The girl discuss something with her friends; one agreed, the other seems furious but she answer:
"Ok, you can go with us."
They leave (with most of the peoplein the train) in a town called "Villa do Conde"; after a couple of minutes walking, you arrive downton. It's full of people at nigth, there are bars and even one casino. They enter in a bar to buy drink, but they seem to choose one randomly (and not the most crowded as they said).

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:29 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula takes out her cell phone and dials Parker's phone. While she's counting on him to continue following her, and she's rather hard to miss, she wants to make sure he knows where she is. "Hey, I'm going to be out late tonight, so don't expect to see me until the afternoon," she says. "I'm with some new friends at a bar in Villa do Conde." She says the name of the bar, hoping that he'll get the hint to bring in the police.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:42 pm
by kabukiman
The girl then comes near you and says:
"We are buying some cloths in a store house. We will back after some time."

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:00 pm
by drone232
Agent Parker replies on his phone "Alright, I'll be getting with some of my friends too. See yah soon", hoping that Agent Paula gets the hint that he is bringing in the police. He had been watching the situation play out from a distance amongst the crowed with his phone at the ready if needed. He now quickly for the police and asks for a detachment to meet him at Villa Do Conde concerning possibly maltreated runnaway children while keeping his eyes on Paula and the orphans.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"My new friends are going out clothes shopping," says Paula into the phone, then lowers it to speak to the girl. "That sounds like fun! Do you think there's a chance they'd have something in my size? I mean, you never know."

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:54 pm
by kabukiman
Paula:
They go to a store, and start buying cloths. They are all cheap and simple cloths; the onwer don't have anything from your size.

Parker:
You notice the police coming now.

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:41 am
by drone232
Agent Parker explains to the police how he believes the children from the orphanage to be abused and maltreated and that several of the children have escaped and are now hiding within the nearby clothing store. He knows there faces and can lead them there.
OOC:   Do I have a badge or sign of authority I can use to permit me to question the children and be involved with the investigation concerning them that the police will conduct?  
Agent Parker also texts to Agent Paula "Our friends are here"

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:31 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula texts back that they're shopping for clothes and the name and location of the store, adding that she doesn't know how long they'll be there.

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:20 pm
by kabukiman
Parker:

OOC: Yes, but the police don't want you to interfere for now. After they take the kids, you may interrogate them.

Paula:

You see the police entering the store, looking for the kids. One of them see the police, and immediatly try to hide in the middle of the other costumers.

Paulus:
You suddenly hear some cars coming in direction of the orphanage.

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:44 pm
by ghill
Paulus

Grabbing the camera Paulus prepares to start taking photos of the vehicles and their occupants, he quickly SMS's the others "unexpected visitors outside the house" he signs off "OK" to shows the others he is not at risk... yet.

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hey, where are you going?" calls Paula, following the kid, making enough noise to attract the attention of the police without making it obvious that she's doing it on purpose. "The police are the good guys! They help people like you!"

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:07 pm
by kabukiman
Paula:

-What do you mean with people like me? You don't know anything about me!- the boy says furious, forgeting the police.
The others finally see the police and try to escape, but it's too late.

Paulus:

After some time, you see it's the police... with a TV crew. They stop at the gate, and ring in the botton, waiting for an answer.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:38 pm
by ghill
What the F*CK, a TV crew. This is not good. thinks Paulus. He quickly sends an SMS to the other two, then prepares to abandon the hide If he sees the police do anything but try and enter the orphanage.
OOC:   if it appears the police are searching for him, then he will move out of the hide, move back through the scrub until he some distance away. Then dumps anything incriminating into one of the black plastic bags they brought for disposing of rubbish and hide it carefully, before walking back to the village.

Did we say anything to the police other than we wanted assistance picking up some runaways?  

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:58 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: No, but in this last years couple of years, when there is some operation like this, a tv crew always appear at the same time- probably some informer in the police or a way to have good propaganda, I don't know.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:21 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Yes, but why are they here if we haven't mentioned the orphanage? You can't leak what you haven't been told.  

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:25 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Let me explain you how things work here. You inform that someone is missing. And then the police try to confirm that someone is really missing. Usually it's the parents or a legal supervisor. Parker isn't neither. So he would have to inform from where the children are from (the orphanage). So in a real case, the police wouldn't appear in the store before having a confirmation from the orphanage. But for the sake of the story, I decide to ignore this detail. And you had already mention the orphanage before to make an investigation. So maybe the police they decide to make the move now. We had an ex- PM that was just arrested in similar circunstances.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:12 pm
by ghill
OOC:   OK, but perhaps we could have had this explanation first. Its a major detail which would probably have made us or at least me, ditch any plan involving calling the police. Its also a major detail that I'd be genuinely surprised no one mentioned especially when we were going through back channels along the lines "You expect us to do what! You do realise we arrested an ex PM for doing something similar recently." If not that then we have at least one Law enforcement officer in the group who one would hope would ask the relevant question about their procedures.  

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"I meant innocent children," says Paula. "You're right, I don't know anything about you, and I'm sorry. Where I come from, the police are friendly. Please help me understand why you're afraid of them."

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:57 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Your rigth, but I was trying to use a faster pace in this game (instead of the usual slow investigation of Call of Cthulhu), so you didn't have much time to think. Well, I'l slow down.

Paula:
The kid don't answer you, he still looks mad. The police speaks with the 3 kids and take them.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"What's going to happen to them?" Paula asks the police. "You're not arresting them, are you?"

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:36 am
by kabukiman
-No, we are just taking them to identify them, and then we will take them to their legal guardian.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula sends a text to the others, letting them know that the police have the children in custody and are planning to identify them and return them to their guardian.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:05 pm
by ghill
OOC:   Sorry, the police are going to take the kids back to the orphanage, the director isn't even going to have to leave to get them and we're not going to get an opportunity to interview them?

Again, I have to say why did we bother with getting the police involved, if no part of our desired plan is actually going to happen?

We'd actually have been better off simply keeping the kids under observation ourselves, this way we'd know when and where the Director was when he came out to pick them up and therefore how much time we had to break into the orphanage. Not only that but disabling the car once he'd got the kids - even overtly would have been entirely worthwhile.

If the director is up to no good, then we've basically shown him the kids going out is a risk which potentially attracts police attention and he'll almost certainly pay more attention to making sure they stay shut up. We've lost a great opportunity.  

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 am
by kabukiman
OOC: The kids are taken to the police building where they are interrogate, identify and then taken to the orphanage (if nothing of illegal or serious has happen; you can "ask questions" to the kids in the police station anf if you prove that something wrong is happening, then the kids will be change to another place). But the kids are not arrested.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:57 am
by ghill
OOC:   No I didn't expect them to be arrested unless they'd been shop lifting (which is what I thought they were going into the shop to do) So this is just what we wanted, The director has clearly be alerted be will he be expected to come and pick them up, or will they be returned by the police?  

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:47 pm
by kabukiman
OOC1: If there is no illegal problem, it would be the director to go to the police station. Usually a call would made to inform him; several cars of the police and a tv crew is not normal situation: that means that someone will be arrested in the orphanage, but your character don't know that...

After some minutes waiting, the police shout something.

OOC2: Make a spot hidden roll.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula turns when the police shout, trying to see what has drawn their attention, but there are too many people in the way.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (70% skill) when the police shout: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:05 am
by drone232
Parker can hear the police shouting
[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Spot Hidden Skill is 60  

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:46 am
by ghill
OOC:   Sorry not sure who the Spot Hidden was for.

Paulus Spot Hidden: 80%
[dice]0[/dice]

if it is me can Paulus make out what they are shouting?

Paulus Listen:70%
[dice]1[/dice]

I assume there are modifiers to the listen, due to location and distance.  

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:43 am
by kabukiman
OOC: the rolls were for everyone

Paulus: you notice that two persons are leaving the dormitory: one is coming to the gate with a rifle (the janitor). The other person is taking a rope and going to the wall in the opposite of the gate (the director). It seems he is trying to run away...

Paula and Parker: Beside the police that is taking the kids in custody, you notice some military men, that are watching at some distance; they are talking with an police officer and he doesn't seem very happy. After the kids are put in a car, he join you and tell you to follow him to the police office. The military go in another vehicle.

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods and goes with the police. She wants to be at the police station anyway.

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:03 pm
by ghill
Paulus will carefully leave the hide and then watch the Director as he escapes following him at a distance.

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:48 am
by kabukiman
Paulus:

You wait a little until the director finally crosses the wall. He has with him a bag. He starts walking in the wood, but he seems lost.

In the police station:
The kids are put in room. The comissar tells you:
I have received orders to let you speak with the kids; you have about an hour. If they don't confess any serious problem, we will take them back. Who will speak with them?

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:23 pm
by ghill
OOC:  
  1. Is he heading in any particular direction...or simply away.
  2. Does he have a light source, or is he simply stumbling through the trees?
  3. can Paulus work out what is happening at the orphanage, does Paulus hear any shots for example.

Paulus slips into the woods after the director, he notes the direction the director is heading and then follows at as discrete a distance as possible.

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:43 pm
by drone232
OOC:   As far as whether I or Paula should interrigate the children, I have the higher persuade (30%) and psychoanalysis (50%) skills, bit Paula has the higher Fast talk skill (40%). But lying to the kids might bite us in the back later and thus I would like to be the one to interrigate the children with permision from Agent Paula. I would also like to discus with Agent Paula exactly what should be asked of the children and how it should be asked. I think we may also need to have the children incriminated for something so that they don't go back to the orphanage, but only if we have nothing to incriminate the orphanage itself after the interrigation is over. However, Agent Paula has already met the kids and they may be more confortable speaking to her since she is already somewhat familiar to them, even if they have only met her for a moment.  

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:08 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I agree that you'd be the better choice. I also alienated one of the children, so it's better if I don't go in there.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:14 pm
by kabukiman
Paulus:

OOC: He is simply going as far away from the orphanage as he can. Of course, sooner our latter, he will find the road, because the woods are not so big.
He has not ligths, he probably didn't have time to get one. He is stumbling (some time falling in what must be roots) against the trees.
No, only shouts for now.

Parker:

Before you enter, the comissar tells you:
"If any of the kids confess any mistreatment, we can call a doctor to see them and things will change; good luck."

You enter the room; they look at you with suspicion.

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:09 pm
by drone232
Agent Parker steps into the room with the children and , calmly but clearly, begins speaking to them "Hello, your not in any trouble. You're here just to make sure you weren't doing anything bad or illegal and to make sure your safe. We know your from an orphanage near here and just want to know why you left.
Agent Parker gives them a reassuring smile "Can you tell me your names?"
OOC:   May I roll a aspot hidden to see if there is any visible maltreatment or oddities in their appearence?  

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:05 pm
by ghill
Paulus

Paulus quickly composes and sends a text to both Paula and Parker "Police and TV on site, D moving, need transport ASAP" then follows the director on foot and at a safe distance.

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:22 pm
by kabukiman
Parker:
OOC: yes, you can.

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"Do you need me for anything else, or am I free to go?" Paula asks the police.

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:50 pm
by drone232
OOC:   My Spot Hidden is 60% [dice]0[/dice]/color]  

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:22 am
by kabukiman
Paula:

-If you don't want to aks any questions, you can go away.

Paulus:
The director takes a lot of time to get away from the wood (even if it's not so big). He then makes call with his cellphone.
Roll listen (you have a bonus of 10% since there is no sounds at this hour).

Parker:
You notice something in one of the boys, but you don't understand what it is.

The girl answers:
-My name is Kátia Vanessa, my friends are Fábio and Tó. And we didn't make anything illegal

OOC: The strange boy is Tó. You notice that Kátia and Tó are more nervous than Fábio.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:24 pm
by ghill
Paulus
OOC:   Listen 70%+10%, [dice]0[/dice]
Critical success  
The directors phone conversation carries in the cool night air and Agent Paulus can hear every little detail

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:43 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Do we have our own car, or can I get one quickly? I don't remember.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:14 am
by ghill
OOC:   we have a rental car. Although I don't know where it is in relation to you now. Paula got on a train/bus but did Parker follow in the car?  

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:52 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: You came by train, so the car is near the hotel.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:51 am
by drone232
Agent Parker asks the children "Why did you run away from the orphanage? What's wrong with the orphanage that you would run away from it?

What do you mean something is "in" one of the boys. Do you mean there is something like a tracking device attacked to one of them? Can I have permision for myself or one of the policeman to do a physical examination on the children?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:04 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Couldn't I just take the train back and pick up the car?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:10 am
by kabukiman
Parker:
"We didn't run, we were just having fun, nothing else. They don't like that we go to the city at night. But just because we are orphans, we shouldn't be locked, we should be free like everyone." The girl and the other boy seem more nervous, the third boy look at them a bit surprised.
OOC: make a psychology roll.

Paulus:
"Hello? It's me. The police is now at the door of the institution and I had to run away... How should I know? After that american started to make questions... no, I have the book with me... no, they will probably think that this was just a research or a scamm, they don't have any way to understand what we are doing... no, I have paid the lab "Estamina e conservação" a large amount of money to keep samples of this new generation. All we have to do is to go to another country. I'm going now to catch a train, I'l call you latter."

Mr Handy,you can go by train or taxi
drone232,no,it means that you notice that the boy is strange but you cannot be sure why. And you cannot make an examination, only a doctor if there is an heavy suspicion that they suffered abuse

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula texts Paulus and Parker to let them know she's on her way to pick up Paulus, asking for his location. As she does this, she leaves the police station and hails a taxi back to where they left their car, as that will be faster than taking a train she'd probably have to wait for before she could ride it.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:30 pm
by drone232
OOC:   My psychoalaysis is 50% [dice]0[/dice]  
"Can you tell me what you do at the orphanage? They let you run around and play with the other chidren, right? Do you know how long you have been there?

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:00 pm
by ghill
Paulus responds to Paula's text "our man off to catch a train. Meet me at the station. if you get there before me, buy two tickets for the next three trains."

He then uses his phone to identify the location of the nearest station, as long as the director seems to be heading in the same direction he'll drop back to prevent the director realising he's being followed.
OOC:   Roughly what time is it? The kids left after lights out, so I assume quite late at night now?  

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"On my way," Paula texts back. Since they won't need the car after all and they're meeting at the train station, she changes her mind about the taxi and takes the train instead.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:03 am
by kabukiman
Parker:
We were abandoned in babies, so we lived there all our lifes. We can play with other kids in the orphanage; not with those outside. they don't like us, because we are orphans. Even some of the teachers don't like us. We study, make some exercise and play football. But they don't let us leace the place for our security, at least it's what they say.

Paula:
You buy the tickets and follow the train (from the place you are, there is just one direction, since this was the last station).

Paulus:
It's near 4 AM. Finally the director arrives at the road, and after some time he is in the station. He buy a ticket and after some time, a train come.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:29 pm
by ghill
OOC:   I assume at 4am its easy enough for Paulus to work out which train the Director is getting onto and which direction it is heading, in which case I shall pass this information onto the other two. If Paulus can't work out which train the director is getting onto then Paulus will buy tickets for the next three trains, to ensure he can get on any of them - if there is any kind of unlimited daily rail pass he will get that  
Paulus waits until the Director disappears onto the platform before he approaches the ticket office to buy his tickets

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:34 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: There is only a train in this place, so it is easy to get the right ticket :) from Mindelo to Oporto, even if he leaves before.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Am I on the train now? If not, how long would I have to wait for it?

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:05 am
by kabukiman
Mr Handy,you are in the train and in some minutes you will arrive at the place that Paulus is

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:28 am
by ghill
Having confirmed where Paula is on the train, Paulus waites for the Director to board, then moves so he and Paula are sat at different ends of the train, with the director between them hopefully with one or both of them able to observe him.
OOC:   Basically, I want Paulus and Paula to keep tailing the director until we can find out where he is going. I'm hoping he's going to see whoever was on the other end of the phone.  

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula texts Paulus during the train ride to let him know the train's ETA at the station and in which car she's riding. While she doesn't exactly blend into a crowd, at least she's not quite as tall sitting down.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:49 am
by drone232
Agent Parker replies, "Is there anything at all you think is wrong with the orphanage. Do they give any type of medical check ups? Are any of the orphans ever odopted?"

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:25 am
by kabukiman
The girl don't answer, but one of the boys (Fabio, the one who doesn't seem strange) says:
"Yes, each year they take us a blood sample and makes some test. They say it's for being sure we are healthy, but I know kids from other places and they don't do that. Oh, and they make a lot of medical exams." The other two are getting very nervous.

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:44 pm
by kabukiman
Paulus and Paula:

After 20 minutes of voyage, the director leaves in the station "Senhora da Hora". He takes there a taxi.

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:58 pm
by ghill
Paulus notes the taxi number down for future reference then runs to jump into the next taxi (ideally its the same taxi firm) caling back to Paula, Grab a hire car, I'll give you directions as soon as I know where you need to go.

Climbing into the back he hands over a e20 note, "Their is another one of those on top of the fare if you follow that taxi, if I'm right the cheating bastards is off to see my fiancée"

if Paulus' taxi is the same taxi company as the director, Paulus waves another e20 note at the driver "There this one if you can ask your dispatcher or its driver where that taxi is taking its fare, without arousing suspicion, then you wont have to kill any of us trying to keep up."
OOC:   I'll leave it up to Agent Paula whether she jumps into the car with Paulus  

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:11 pm
by kabukiman
Paulus:

OOC: they are from the same company
"You won't start a shooting mister? Cause I don't want any troubles..."
After you assure him that you won't kill anyone, he speaks with the dispatcher and tells you the adress.

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:45 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula rents a hire car as instructed.

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:06 pm
by ghill
Paulus immediately rings Paula, and gives her the details adding "don't kill yourself, but see if you can get there first"

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:44 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Paula, roll drive (20%)

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy

Luckily, Paula found a big rental car, so it isn't cramped for someone of her stature. She quickly familiarizes herself with the controls and is astoundingly good at making her way through the darkened streets. When she arrives at her destination, she texts Paulus to let him know.
OOC,Drive Auto roll (20% base skill) trying to get to the address first: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:42 pm
by kabukiman
Paula:
You drive quite easily the car and move fast; after some time you get to the appointed adress. It's a small house in a place called "cruz de pau" (it's just a small a village with a dozen houses). The house you are looking for, is even more isolated about 50 meters to the north. You don't see any car or persons on the street (it's very late). But there are lights in the house.

Paulus:
Your taxi and the other one go slowly.

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula parks the car somewhere it won't be obvious that she's staking out the house but still has a good view of it and texts Paulus to let him know what she can see.

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:34 pm
by ghill
Once Paulus knows Paula's in place he gets the taxi driver to drop him off some distance away. Making sure he gives the driver a healthy tip, he then waits for the taxi to drive off out of sight before walking the rest of the way to Paula's hire car and jumps into the back seat.

"Nice ride" he says patting the seats. "Anyone answer the door when our man arrived"

He then texts Agent Parker with their current location

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:26 am
by drone232
Agent Parker asks Fabio "What kind of medical exams, can you describe them? And how are often are they given?

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:58 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I don't think he's actually arrived yet.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:07 am
by ghill
OOC,As Paulus is following the director and Paula ahead of him, my assumption is if Paulus reaches the car Paula is sitting in the Director must already have arrived.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:26 pm
by kabukiman
Parker:
-It depends. For me it was just some ocasional blood sample. For other it was something else, but I don't know what- he makes a furtive look to his companions who look furious at him but don't say anything.

OOC: Mr Handy is rigth, only Paula had arrived, now you can post your line.
Paula:
You see a taxi arrive in front the house. A man (that you recognize as the director) leave it, but the taxi is still there, waiting. The director has a bag; he rings at the house and a younger man open it and the director enter.

Paulus
You arrive at the place, the taxi leaves you at a safe distance (200m) and then after a small walk you see Paula's car (about 50 meters) and a taxi in front the house. You enter Paula's car.

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks, I picked a roomy SUV for obvious reasons," says Paula. "A younger man opened the door and let the director inside, but the taxi's still waiting. It's possible that they're both going to leave in the taxi. They may be preparing to skedaddle, in which case they'll be carrying luggage. It would be great if we could attach a tracker to the taxi while they're inside the house. Otherwise, we'll just have to follow them, unless you can get their destination again." She checks the rental vehicle's GPS readout to see what the address of the house is.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:00 am
by ghill
"Don't look at me" says Paulus, bugs and tracking devices are not something I typically carry through customs. Given time I could probably knock something up, but not without the right tools and kit. If I thought we had enough time I'd grab us an Apple Phone and set up the device location, but that isn't an option right now. All we can do is watch and wait.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:27 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, it was a nice thought," says Paula. "We'll just have to tail the cab the old-fashioned way if they leave in it."

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:03 am
by drone232
Agen t Parker asks the boy's companions "what sort of medical tests did you recieve?"
OOC:   Can I use anytype of persuasion skill on these children?  

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:37 pm
by kabukiman
Parker:

OOC: yes, you can

Paulus and Paula:

After a while, you see the younger man to open the door, join the taxi, pay him and send him away. After being sure that he left, he returns to the house, but doesn't close the door; he returns with a very big plastic bag, that seems to have something very heavy inside and put it in a car that is near; he returns to the house turn off the lights and then get out with the same bag that the director had and goes to the car.

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:07 pm
by ghill
"I seem to be making a habit of this" Says Paulus "but follow that car!"

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:48 pm
by Mr. Handy

When the director and the other man emerge from the house, Paula discreetly takes picutres with her cell phone of them and their car. "Sure thing," says Paula, "but maybe it's better if you drive. I'm not very good."

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:02 pm
by ghill
OK, says Paulus quickly slipping out of the car and dropping into the drivers seat.
OOC:   Can I just confirm again what time of night it is? How busy are the roads?  

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:02 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Only the young man (with a very heavy bag and the bag of the director) leaves the house; you don't see the director.

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:04 pm
by ghill
Ok Paula decision time watch the house, or follow the man. I reckon follow the man, because he's got the directors bag which I'm assuming holds the incriminating evidence if there is any?
kabukiman wrote:with a very heavy bag and the bag of the director.
OOC:   When you say heavy bag - do you mean a suitcase a rucksack, sports bag, bin-bag? Is it the sort of thing I could stuff a body into?  

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"We have to follow him," says Paula. "I suppose I could always get out of the vehicle and watch the house on foot, but it's probably too risky with little to gain. We know where the director is. We can let Parker know, and he can get down here when he's done at the police station."

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:19 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: It's night, you don't see well, but yes, it could have an human adult body.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:28 pm
by drone232
I would first like to psychoanalyze the children based on their behavior so far
OOC:   Psychoalysis is 50% [dice]0[/dice]  
Parker directs his next statement to the two wary children who have been uncooperative "Don't worry, nothing you say will get you into any kind of trouble, we're all friends here. I only want to learn as much as I can about the orphagange you're staying at. I promise you that it will be all for the best if you speak"
OOC:   This will serve as my persuasion attempt and my persuade skill is 30% [dice]1[/dice]  
OOC:   Tell me once there is nothing more I can gather so that the interview may end  

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:09 am
by kabukiman
The girl says in a low voice, and not looking at you, like if she was ashamed.
"Some of us have some... deformities. Things that are not normal. So they made test to see what was the reason for that of if we would got worse. At least that is what they told us"

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:10 am
by drone232
"May I see these deformities" Asks Agent Parker and if not then can you describe them. I'm only trying to help you.

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 pm
by ghill
Eyes,[b]Agent Paula[/b] did tell us about the strange eyes, is this something which would be apparent to [b]Agent Parker[/b] as he is sitting directly across from these kids.

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:18 am
by kabukiman
Parker,she noticed that they were strange, but she couldn't understand how
The girl don't look at you, she is very red. The boy pull his hair, and you see he don't have any hair! It's a wig. And he says:
"I don't have any hair in the body. "

Looking with more atention, you see that his eyebrowss are painted. And he don't have any eyelashes. The girl has eyelashes and her eyebrows seem natural, so her problems must be another.

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:26 pm
by kabukiman
Paula and Paulus:
The man put the big bag inside the car, starts the engine, and drives. He only go for secondary roads, few houses and lot's of woods. After near 30 minutes, he stops the car in a forest.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"He just might have killed the director and have his body in that bag," says Paula. "If he figures the director's cover is blown, he won't want anything tying back to him. These backwoods would be a good spot to bury a corpse."

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:10 pm
by ghill
Paulus. turns off the car lights as he parks the car in the middle of the track the young man drove down blocking his escape by car, then he leans over and pops out a fuse so the car lights don't come on when they exit the car. Turning to Paula he smiles Shall we go and see what the young man is upto. He's not seen us before I don't think so we could just be two youngish lovers out for a private fumble in the woods?

Paulus reaches out to wrap his arm around Paula's waist making sure she can see he has already drawn his pistol and intends to hide it behind her back.

OOC:   Dear Drone, hope your happy to continue the game after we get eaten :)  

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's a good cover," says Paula, getting out of the car and hiding her own weapon behind her back, which is plenty big enough to conceal both. "Of course, the director did see me and may have described me to him. I'm pretty unmistakable. I doubt there are any other giantesses around."

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:36 pm
by kabukiman
Please roll an idea roll (both).

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:16 pm
by ghill
Something occurs to Paulus

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:56 am
by drone232
"Thank you", replies Agent Parker, "These aren't normal things and they may be the fault of the orphanage. We will try to make sure that you and all the other orphans at the orphanage are safe and that whatever is happening at the orphanage is fixed. Thank you for all you've told me"
OOC:   Unless there is anything else for me to figure out, I feel as if I am done. If so then my character leaves the interrigation room and consults ith the officers.  

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula thinks of something too.
OOC,[b]Parker[/b], you need to get them to make a complaint about their treatment at the orphanage to prevent them from being sent back there. Idea roll (75% stat) in the forest: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:31 am
by kabukiman
Parker:
Mr Handy is right. But this is not the mission, so it's your choice.

Paulus and Paula
You both decide to take a look at the car and find the small bag from the director: it has a book handwritten. Then you hear a chant and see a small ligth in the direction of the woods

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:32 am
by ghill
Paulus removes his arm from around Agent Paula's waist, and uses the butt of his pistol to quickly break the window, he then grabs the book which he stuffs into his jacket. Glancing at Paula he mutters "This is not good" before jogging in the direction of the chanting.

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:51 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula hustles towards the light as well, approaching quickly but stealthily.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:09 am
by drone232
"Before I leave," states Agent Parker to the children, "is there any reason you can give me for you not to be brought back to the orphanage? We can keep you safe and help the other children being kept there, but obly if I have a defintive reason to give to the policeman outside of somehting the orphanage has done so that I may rescue your friends.
OOC:   Mr. Handy, are you sure the physical deformities aren't enough to warrant some kind of investigation? Do I really need a confession?  

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You need to provide the police with evidence of abuse, which could be a complaint from one or more of the children. The deformities alone aren't enough unless you can show that they were caused by the orphanage (such as through illegal experiments).

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:05 pm
by kabukiman
Paulus and Paula:

You both run in direction of the lights and the chant. Well, it's not exactly a chant. And it doesn't sound as portuguese; more like hissing. When you arrive, you see a lamp that is the source of the light. The director gagged and all tied in panic and you see the younger person, doing the strange sounds... he is also doing small cuts in the the director and the blood is entering the ground and slowly a black mass starts emerging...

Please roll sanity: if you fail loose 1d6. If you pass, loose 1 point.

OOC: Actually, by the portuguese law, if a third part makes a formal complain, there is an investigation (that's what is happening). But if the victim deny any abuse, and there is no proof, the justice won't continue the case. But there is another devious solution. Parker, make an idea roll. Or use fast talk/persuade if you still want to convince the kids to present a complain.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula's jaw drops when she sees the impossible.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 50) for seeing the black mass: [dice]0[/dice] Sanity loss for seeing the black mass: [dice]1[/dice] Idea roll (75% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good! [dice]2[/dice] Hooray! Temporary insanity for me!

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:19 am
by ghill
Paulus hesitates for only a moment before he starts shooting at the young man.

SAN check [dice]0[/dice]
Pistol shot 1 [dice]1[/dice]
Pistol shot 2 [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:24 pm
by kabukiman
Paula and Paulus:

Paulus miss the shots, but the noise distract the man. He loose for a moment the concentration and...

OOC: Please roll luck both of you.

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:01 am
by drone232
OOC:   I would like to go ahead and end the interrigation so that I can join everyone else, but I will make the idea roll  
[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   My idea skill is 75%  

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy

This is not Paula's day.
OOC,Luck roll (50% stat) in the woods: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:51 am
by ghill
Paulus's keeps things together.
Luck roll:[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:38 pm
by kabukiman
Parker:

You remember that if those deformities weren't reported, the orphanage couod be accused of not taking care of the children (since they could need special treatments). You say this to the police and then leave.

Paula and Paulus

Paula doesn't notice that a part of the black mass get's in her left foot, and suddenly she feel the pain.
OOC: roll 1d4.
Paulus keep a nice distance from the thing.

The director is crawling to get away of the thing and seem to get lucky, but the young man was so surprised that is also attacked and screams with pain.

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:59 pm
by ghill
Assuming he is free to act Paulus will pump two rounds into the young man and then runs to grab the director making sure his feet are clear of the black oil and pulls him to his feet.

Paula watch your feet get out of it

Shot 1: [dice]0[/dice]
Shot 2 [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Damage from black mass: [dice]0[/dice] What kind of insanity do I have? Can I still act?

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:37 am
by drone232
Agent Parker texts to the other agents
Got charges against orphanage
children deformed
where are you?

Hopefully the other agents are in a safe situation where we can discuss our discoveries and not in a potentially life threatening situation he thinks to himslef
OOC:   :)...sarcasm  

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:58 pm
by ghill
OOC:   It probably would have made more sense to have two separate threads for this. Subjectively, because in the time its taken to ask a few questions and send a text. Paula has jumped onto a train to meet Paulus, there then followed a further 20 minute train journey to the town of Senhora da Hora, a taxi journey to the young man's house, a further short wait and another car journey and then a walk down the track to the car. Kabukiman will have to confirm, but I expect Parker should be sending his text well before anything goes down and even now wouldn't be that far behind us, depending on how slow the train was from where the kids were picked to where the director got on.  

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:16 am
by kabukiman
I'm very sorry, I was out for several days and no net.
About the time: Parker finished the interrogation about 30 minutes latter after Paula left. f he goes by train, he must wait for another full hour before he gets a new train (at that hour of the nigth there are only trains in each hour, and this only at friday and saturday). Or he could get a taxi. Even if he gets a taxi, he would never get on time at the house of the young man at the same time they were, but he could get at the time of the cerimony. He will pay a huge pile of money by portuguese standarts, but that is not a problem I think :P
But you are free to find some other creative solution as long as it makes sense.

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:51 am
by drone232
OOC:   I think that it would be best to take the taxi and, since you said that I should arrive at the time of the ceremony, I should arrive right where the last post concerning the ceremony was. Right when the shots started flying and the insanity strated to be rolled.  

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:17 pm
by ghill
OOC:   I did think Parker had the Hire car. But even if not surely he can simply take the taxi to the hire car, which is either where Paula met the kids or at the station where the kids got on the train. Probably doesn't make much difference in the scheme of things, but does mean we have a second car.  

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:30 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Actually, it makes a a big diference. If you take a taxi to the scene of the crime, the taxidriver can be a witness that he have take an american to the place where something weird happened. If Parker goes in a rent-a-car, ther is no witness.

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:17 pm
by ghill
OOC:   i meant with regards when he gets there.  

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:47 pm
by kabukiman
Parker:

Parker is cursing his luck, being forced to drive at this hour. Even with Paula's instruction he is not sure that he is in the right road: all he sees are trees. And suddenly, he sees two cars stopped; one he is sure was the car Paula rented. The other must be the one that they were following. As soon as he stops, he hear several shots.

Paula:
OOC: With insanity, you are very limited in your actions: run away, scream, or something very basic.

Paulus
Paulus after shooting the young one, he is saving the director

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:12 am
by drone232
Agent Parker, upon hearing the gun shots, draws his pistol
OOC:   I assume he has a pistol  
. He then proceeds to run towards the sound of the gunshots while trying to remain hidden amongst the shadows with his head down low.

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula screams and flees in panic, running back the way she came.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:23 pm
by kabukiman
Parker sees suddenly a giant screaming in his direction.

OOC: Paulus: you are free to act.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:02 pm
by ghill
Grabbing the director by his arm Paulus turns tail and runs back in the direction he came dragging the director with him. He hopes Paula's fear will carry her to safety.

Keep your mouth shut and don't struggle or I'll leave you for whatever that is. He shouts at the man, gesturing with back over his shoulder.
OOC:   Paulus, does not look back, he figures the Director is the best source of information, everything else can be sorted out at a later date, but not if either of them is dead.  

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:38 am
by kabukiman
Paulus

You hear an awful screaming behind you ... and then silence.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:59 pm
by ghill
Paulus takes a firmer grip on the director and pulls him along. "I've said it already. RUN!!"

[ic-think]Where the hell is Paula?[/ic-think]
OOC:   Did the scream sound male or female.  

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 pm
by drone232
OOC:   What do you mean Parker sees a giant screaming in his direction? Do you mean I see Agent Paula screaming because she is pretty tall? Or is it a giant person or perhaps creature that is giant? Either way...  
Agent Parker raies his pistol and aims at the screaming giant, not firing until he can determine what it is.

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:55 am
by Mr. Handy

When she sees the pistol, Paula turns around and runs back the other way in panic.
OOC,I'm pretty sure it's me you're seeing.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:41 am
by kabukiman
OOC1: Parker: yes, it's agent Paula but it's dark in a wood, so you don't see her face.
OOC2 Paulus: it was male, and it's probably the young that was summoning the thing.

Parker:
You see suddenly that the giant it's actually Paula that is in panic and screaming and starts running away from you, back from where she came.

Paulus:
The director starts running as fast as he can. And you hear Paula screaming in front of you and she is running in your direction , afraid of something she saw (and it's not the black mass, because that is behind you).

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:32 pm
by ghill
Happy the director isn't struggling against him Paulus holsters his gun to have both hands free and continues to run in the direction of the car. He wants to put as much distance between himself and the black mass as possible, at least until he understands what the hell is going on.
OOC:   If he see's Agent Paula, Paulus will yell at her to get back to the car. The same if he sees and identifies Agent Parker.  

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:15 am
by drone232
Agent Parker yells out her name, lowers his gun, and attempts to sprint after her while checking the sides for agent Paulus or any one esle that may be here.

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:00 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula turns around again, running back the way she came.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:53 pm
by kabukiman
Paula finally recovers her sense. Parker see Paulus running in his direction, with the director.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula joins Paulus and runs with him, her long strides clearing the distance. "What even was that thing?" she asks, still terrified. "Damn, that hurt! I hope I'm not infected with anything."

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:09 am
by drone232
What thing, What is happening, Why were you screaming? Asks Agent Parker in confusion as he lowers his gun and comes to meet the other agents.

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"You won't believe it," says Paula, still shaking. "It was this black mass...I don't know what the hell it was! It injured my foot!" She takes a breath. "The man the director met at that house took him to the woods and tried to kill him."

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:42 pm
by ghill
Less talkie, more running says Paulus "talk when we're in the car and far away"

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:27 pm
by drone232
"Shuldn't we investigate the area first, and what is this black mass? Where is the director?
Questions Agent Parker in confusion as to what is happenning.
OOC:   Agent Parker hasn't seen the black mass yet, an if he did I think he would be likely to try and shoot at it.  

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:14 am
by ghill
Better to find out a bit more about what we're facing, before we go stumbling about in a dark woods looking for something black and tar like with a mind of its own. This man is going to tell us everything he knows if he wants to stay on the outside of a prison cell.
OOC:   The director is still bound (At least his hands are) and is running alongside Paulus, who is keeping a firm grip on the man's collar.  

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods and keeps running, just wanting to get as far away from that thing as possible.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:49 am
by kabukiman
Paulus and Paula arrive at the car (with the director).
And Parker?

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"You should drive," says Paula to Paulus. "I'll ride in the back with him, and Parker can ride shotgun."

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:05 pm
by ghill
Paulus puts the car into gear and drives off careful to keep to the speed limit and obey traffic laws. He drives directly back to the young man's house. Then without taking his eyes off the road.he addresses their passenger.

Director, you have a great deal to tell us. Start from where you arrived home from the States. Please don't leave anything out. You'd be surprised what we already know. If you lie to us or omit anything. I promise we'll take you back to those woods and leave you for whatever that thing was .

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:11 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula sits in the back seat, saying nothing but glaring at the director, just towering over him and generally looking intimidating.

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:05 pm
by drone232
Parker is riding shotgun. He still has his pistol firmly in hand as he watches the road ahead for any sign of a disturbance.

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:30 pm
by kabukiman
The director gulps, close his eyes and then says:
"Very well. Maybe it's better this way. But my story begins still in Portugal. You see, I had a degree in science, but it was impossible to make any research at that time, my career would be teaching sciences to kids, so I moved to America. I started to to work in a lab, but it was all slow and tedious: remember genetics was at it's infancy, we were only studying plants. One day, when I was in a congress after presenting some results, a scientist that seemed to be from the middle east approached me and asked if I was interested in getting quicker results by using hybridization and some other techniques; I was curious and some of results seemed truly amazing. Of course I wanted to be sure it wasn't an hoax, so I asked him if I could replicated them: he agreed on the condition that if I was satisfy, we would try to make our own company. I was surprised: why didn't he do that alone? But he said he needed a younger person to help him. I replicated the results in secret and was convinced, and one year latter I left my job, and created a company with him. Our business were plants to be used in farming and we made a lot of success. I created a department of research in genetics anyway, since I was convinced that the future was in the genetics; my partner wasn't interested in that, but he never stopped me. I noticed actually that even if he understood a lot of the natural world and was indeed brilliant, he seemed to be someone trying to understand modern science. Anyway, some time latter, another scientist joined us, a dutch, called Cornelius. He was the complete opposite."

OOC: This text will continue, but I'm making a pause, in the case you want to make any questions to the director.

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:05 pm
by ghill
OOC:   I'm happy to hear the whole storey first.  

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm curious to know the name of the Middle Eastern scientist, but that can wait until we hear the rest of it.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:42 pm
by kabukiman
"My specialty were plants, my fellow scientist Alhireth worked with drugs and Cornelius with animals. He was very rich, I mean, Cornelius brother was rich and give him a of money. With the 70's, we develop several drugs; with the progress of genetics our traditional products were loosing our share of market, but since I had created several teams to investigate genetics, we developed new products so we actually improved. Cornelius even started to make improvements in animals. By the early 80's, Alhireth told me about a new project: he said that he notice that some people had different abilities and wanted to improve humans. I was surprised, I always thought that it would be Cornelius with this kind of ideas. Anyway, I quickly understood why it was Alhireth: his plan implied to cross humans with certain qualities and not manipulate genetics. It would take much more time, we would have to create an orphanage, make some bribes, but it wouldn't be so ethically dubious. He ask me not to tell to Cornelius, who would probably try to make genetics experience. And since we couldn't trust anyone, we invented that I wanted to retire myself and return to my country.
I received 10 babies, of of each sex; let's call the generation "0". As soon as they achieved puberty, they would be submit to different surgeries as pretexts to get samples of their sperm and eggs. They were latter used to inseminate surrogate mothers. The new babies were admitted some time latter in the orphanage. Alhireth never told me what were those special qualities. And for the first years I didn't notice anything from the babies that Alhireth give me. Even if I got numerous samples, and made constant tests to the IQ, and health, they were normal. We were careful to avoid any inbreeding. The first babies born from the experience seemed normal too they were generation 1 and until generation 2 was born, each year receive another number: 1,1, 1,2 and so long. So, generation 1 was born in the early 90's and were normal. Generation 2 was born in the early 2000. Each year of generation 2 was born from a different combinations of the the same year. So, generation 2, was born from generation 1, generation 2,1 from generation 1.2. But the babies from generation 2 were already different. Several of them had deformities. Nothing of terrible. But nasty. One of the boys had a bigger tongue, so he had problems with his speech. A girl was very sensitive to the cold. And more like that. I made some research and I discovered that most of those kids had indeed common defective genes. But most of those kids were very smart. With generation 3 it's even worst: last week the first baby was born and he had several deformities, from his parents"
"
He pauses for a moment, then says:
"This is my story."

Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:33 pm
by drone232
Agent Parker replies This explains some of the deformities in the children I interviewed and why they all had different deformities. Nothing particularly serious, but all still abnormal"

Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"What are the full names of Alhireth and Cornelius, and where are they now?" asks Paula. "And who was the man who just tried to kill you?"

Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:40 pm
by kabukiman
"Alhireth-Othep and Cornelius Krammer. Alhireth lives in a secluded mansion in the USA; Cornelius is usually in our main laboratories in the USA, but travel sometimes. And that ungrateful man was a member of generation 1. I said that they were all normal. Well, there was an exception: that man. He had a problem in his skin. The other members of his class were afraid of him, but it wasn't for that reason, they said he was strange. I wasn't, since he was only a child, but there was indeed something weird in him. Anyway, I made a lot of tests in him, to see what was his problem so he didn't like me too. But Alhireth had a great interest in him and made the boy travel to the USA several times to talk with him; he wanted to call him Sutah. Of course the Portuguese law didn't allowed it, so I named him "Souza". It's usually a surname not a name, but it passed. Well, the boy was indeed very smart, and studied medicine. He had just finished last year and was doing some research in genetics in the Oporto university. He used to helped me with some of the test now. And by chance, he was with me, when the american came here some days ago; I suppose he was your friend. Souza started to make that strange chant... and you can guess the rest. I was in panic but he simply called the janitor to throw the body near the village. Well, then you appeared, but nothing happened. And this night, the police appeared in the orphanage. I managed to escape, I talked to Souza and he told me to go to his place, so he would help me. But instead he attacked me and I was almost suffering the same fate as the american, until you saved me."

Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"What is that creature?" asks Paula. "Where did it come from?"

Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:17 am
by ghill
OOC:   Can we assume we have arrived at the Souza's home without incident? Also Sutah is this an Arabic name/word?  
Paulus, parks the car in the street a short distance from Souza's home. Then gestures for the others to climb out of the car leaving the director to stew in the back seat.

"I'm going to suggest we break into the man's house and pull anything relevant. I think I shot Souza and it looked as though the black mass turned on him, but there is no way of knowing if he or it are still around. So...this can't be subtle, we need to be in and out as quickly as we can. Anything, which might be of interest we grab and take, be particularly on the look out for travel documents and computers. We'll grab some bin bags or shopping bags and we just throw everything in it. If anything goes wrong we head out the back, dump the bags in the first bin you see and we meet up back at the car, which we can park to the rear of the house. Oh and we're going to have to take the director with us."

Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:36 pm
by drone232
If there are occupied homes nearby Souza's then we hae to be at least subtle enough to not sound like we're robbing the place.
States Agent Parker
OOC:   Are there occupied homes or any pedestrians visible near Souza's? Also, if there are then an interrigation is also an order.  

Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:04 pm
by kabukiman
You return without any incident. There are very few cars (but it's near dawn, when you arrive at Souza's house); when you are in a street near you actually see farmers going to the fields.

OOC: Roll arabic to see if it is an arab word. Then one of you roll luck to see if there is anyone in the street of Souza's house. And yes, the houses near are occupied. If you pass the test, then make the locksmith roll to enter without problems.

The director:
"I don't know what was that creature. I cannot imagine how Souza could have contacted such a thing. Maybe it's some mutated creature that he has created in a lab and follow him? I don't know".

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy

During the car ride, Paula tried to treat her leg injury, but the quarters were just a little too cramped. "I'll bring the director along," she says when they arrive. "Let's move fast."
OOC,First Aid roll (60% skill) treating my leg injury: [dice]0[/dice] Other Language: Arabic roll (1% base skill) to identify the word "Sutah": [dice]1[/dice] I'll let someone who actually has 85 Luck instead of 50 make the roll. ;)

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:14 am
by drone232
OOC:   My Arabic is 1% and so [dice]0[/dice],and my luck is 85% (which is a heck of a lot better) and so [dice]2[/dice]  
Agent Parker feels very lucky about no one noticing us breaking into this man's house.
[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   Ignore this roll, it won't let me edit it out of the post for some reason  

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:21 pm
by ghill
Arabic (43%) [dice]0[/dice]

I seem to remember it meaning something like spear says Paulus as he fiddles with the lock.
OOC:   Well that is what Google says anyway.  
Locksmith (48%) [dice]2[/dice]

The lock flips with a click and Paulus opens the door and steps through gun in hand he stands still for a moment trying to catch any out of the ordinary noises in the house. Hearing nothing he moves towards the rear of the house where he hopes to find the kitchen and some bags they can throw anything they can find into.

Listen (70%) [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:44 pm
by kabukiman
Paulus remember that "Sutah" is the way that is pronounced the name of the god "Seth" (more or less, since the ancient Egyptians didn't written their vowels).

Paula: you loose another hp.

Paulus and Parker make a spot hidden roll to see if you find something interesting...

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:52 pm
by ghill
Paulus Stuffs a black bin liner into Parker's hands. "You take upstairs and I'll do downstairs?"

Paulus searches is quick and methodical, he's more concerened with grabbing anything which might be of interest even if only incidental a credit card bill is as important to him as a some super secret document.

Spot Hidden: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"My leg injury is getting worse," whispers Paula. "That creature must have done something to me. I tried to take a look at it in the car, but I couldn't do much. Can one of you take a look at it?"

Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:43 am
by ghill
Paulus hurries over. "Your going to have to drop your pants it'll attract attention if I have to rip them open." he says with a smirk. He then quickly and methodically bandages Paula's injury.

First Aid (52%) [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:54 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula lowers her pants. "Plus, do you have any idea how hard it is to find clothes in my size?" she says.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:46 pm
by kabukiman
Paulus find a laptop, several books, and bills. When he return to Paula and help her, he find a small black ooze (the size of a finger), that is in Paula leg.

OOC: I'm waiting for Parker rolling the spot hidden.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:42 am
by drone232
OOC:   Spot Hidden 60%  
OOC:   I roll [dice]0[/dice]  
Agent Parker dilligently and quietly works his way through files and drawers before spying something hidden and interesting.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:34 pm
by ghill
Paulus looks at the blob of Ooze and slowly unfolds his lock knife. I reckon that has gotta come out Paula He glances around to see if there are any bottles of spirit in the room

Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"Get it out of me, fast!" says Paula, looking in panic at her leg. "Burn it if you have to!"

Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:41 am
by kabukiman
Parker find some bills, several printed papers and a small statue of a snake. (in stone, the size of a hand)

Paulus find some alcohol.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:10 am
by drone232
Agent Parker equips his flashlight and flicks it on to read the documents discovered. He also picks up and examines the small snake statue. He is so focused on what he is studying that he is oblivious to the dilemma of his friends.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:42 pm
by ghill
Paulus grabs the nearly full bottle of absolute vodka from the side table pours a generous tot over the blade of his knife and an even larger splash over Paula's leg. He then hands the bottle of vodka to her. "Help yourself" he says with a smile. He then grabs a nearby pillow and hands it over "When I start digging I don't want you clenching and gritting your teeth, last thing I need is big girl like you fainting on me, so you scream into that pillow all you want"

He then places a firm hand on her leg above where the black mass is and starts to dig it out.
OOC:   Can you describe the black mass? How deep in Paula's legs is it? Is it a hard mass like a splinter, or soft like jelly?  

Posted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula nods and takes a swig of vodka. "Do it!" she says, biting down on the pillow and preparing for the worst. She knows that she's very tough, and whatever temporary pain this causes won't be as bad as what the creature has already done and is still doing to her.

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:05 am
by kabukiman
OOC: It's more like a consistent jelly. It's trying to make a hole in her leg and since it's so small, it has difficulty to "travel." Roll knife.

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:06 pm
by ghill
Paulus rushes back to the kitchen and grabs a saucepan and lid before plcing it down beside the two of them
OOC:   Or anything else solid which he can cover, a pressure cooker would be brilliant.  
Paulus then takes a firm grip on Paula's leg and then starts to probe with the knife. Using the tip of the knife to drag the thing from Paula's leg he tries to drop it into the pan

Knife 65% [dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Assuming things goes as he wants Paulus will slam the lid down on the thing, before he completes bandaging Paula  

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:58 pm
by kabukiman
Parker make a library roll and an archaeology roll.

Parker is happily reading the books, papers and watching the statue.
Paulus very carefully manages to retire the black thing (but Paula suffers an intense pain and loose another hp; after the thing has left her leg she sees a burn in her leg and a tiny hole, but not any black thing) and put it gently in a pan and then slam it. It has a not very healthy look, with half the matter in the pan and the other half in the cover. Paulus bandages Paula's leg, but then he sees some movement: the little black thing is trying to reunite itself and recover the consistency (still inside the pan).

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:58 pm
by ghill
Paulus swiftly finishes bandaging Paula's leg then slams the lid down on the pan hell then look to secure the pan somehow with a curtain cord or something similar. If he cant do that then hell simply cook the thing to death in the kitchen.

Telling the director to help Paula, he grabs his bag of bits and yells upstairs. "Hey upstairs you done? We need to go."

Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:15 pm
by kabukiman
You tied the cover in the pan, and it seems to stay together (and you don't see any black thing trying to escape).
The director try to help Paula to get up.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy

Paula hauls her massive frame upright, her head nearly brushing the ceiling. "Thank you," she says. "Whatever that thing is, I'm glad it's out of me. Let's get moving." She picks up her things and follows Paulus.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:25 pm
by drone232
OOC:   Archeology is 1% and I roll a [dice]0[/dice], Library Use is 50% and I roll [dice]1[/dice]  
Agent Parker can make nothing out of the odd little statue and the papers accomppanying it. He can, however, assume that they are in some way important and bundles them up into his jacket while rushing downstairs to join the other. Hopefully, everyone else will be able to find some use in them.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:10 pm
by kabukiman
You slowly move out of the house to the car.

OOC: Anything else you want to do? This scenario is practically finished.

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I can't think of anything else, other than looking through the stuff we've taken. I'd also like to try First Aid to get back some of those HP I've lost, but if we're just about done, that's probably not necessary at this point.

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:13 am
by ghill
OOC:   Not in order.
1. Check with A cell as to what to do with the director.
2. Look at the book we found in the car as well as all the paperwork we found in the house.
3. Look at identifying the current locations of Alhireth-Othep and Cornelius Krammer with a view of conducting surveillance on them both, concentrating on the Arab who brought the initial research to the director.
4. Finally we need to go back to the woods and search for Souza and the slime see if there is evidence of either.  

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:19 pm
by kabukiman
You return to the woods. After some time, you locate the body; it is covered by a black slime, and it seems that it has been burned with acid. You don't find the black creature. The books and papers will be examined latter (I'l tell you what you will discovered latter).
The scientists: same above
About the director: cell A tells you that they will see if he can be used to get more information (another cell will do that).

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:34 pm
by drone232
OOC:   Can we roll to gain information on the soime covering the body or use medical rolls to gain further information about our blobby adversary.  

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:15 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: You can, but remember that without a lab, the information is very limited...

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:55 am
by ghill
OOC:   I would assume we take a sample of the black slime to send back to "A cell" along with the active black blob we have in the container. Is there any evidence the large black blob Paula and Paulus saw travelled from this point? In which case we'll need to track it down, but not without getting a load of petrol and some flares or something else with which will dependable light it.  

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:50 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: It won't be a problem to transport those things in a plane. As long as you don't carry drugs or weapons, you should be ok with the portuguese police :D

You don't find any trace of the black thing (only the slime in the body).

Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Well, we still have the thing that was in my leg. That should be interesting to look at in a lab, as long as the proper precautions are taken.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:40 am
by ghill
OOC:   OK, so we arrange for the director to be handed off to whomever A cell tells us for a proper interrogation and debrief and potentially a 9mm retirement plan. We dump the guns in the sea. Package the books, papers and statue up securely in our luggage and book separate flights back to the USA. confirmed with A cell first the next steps. I suggest we arrange with A cell for the safe transport of the blob to wherever they want it sent, assuming. they don't just want us to burn it.  

Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:29 pm
by drone232
OOC:   How long will it take to get all the information back from the cells we are sending our evidence and hostage to? Also, when do we go after Souza and how do we find him from here (I'm guessing the papers would give us a clue).  

Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:54 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Souza was the young man that the thing killed. And after you inform cell A, it shouldn't take more than one hour to receive an answer.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,We should probably look at me in a lab too, just to make sure it didn't infect me with something.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:35 pm
by kabukiman
Cell A answers some time latter. They said another team would be send 6 hours latter to get the director for now and the little black thing... You received orders to return and write reports about the unfortunate "accident" with the dog (that the country has some relaxed laws that allowed the situation). But all the normal stuff (books, statue) you can bring with you.

OOC: The scenario is finished, Unless you want to do something, I'll fast forward so you may know what is discovered some time latter.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:40 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I can't think of anything else to do at this point, though I do want to go with the team and get my leg checked out in the lab as well.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:09 pm
by kabukiman
29 August, 2014, Washington DC, 8 AM

You find yourself with Bartholomew in the same coffee shop. He is already drinking coffee. He seems a bit tired. He waits that yous asks something to the waitress, and then he speaks:

"I'm satisfied that all went well. You were lucky Paula, to just get that scare in the leg. If it had digged a bit more, who knows what would happen. Well, we actually have a clue now thanks to the specimen you have bring, and believe me, you wouldn't like it." He pauses to drinks and resumes.
"Don't worry, it doesn't transform you in a zombie or something. But it kill you in a nasty way, by burning your body. We tried it with rats. But the funny isn't that. It seems that thing is actually old. The scientists that examined it, said it's DNA was very primitive, it was wrong and probably artificial, whatever that means. Miss, another coffee please." Afters she leaves, he continues:
"We discovered also some interesting things about the two remaining associates. The Dutch has degree in medicine, he was a plastic surgeon in the 60's very famous. But then he changed his field. Or maybe not, since he was trying to develop some new technique that wasn't considered safe. And he travel a lot. I have some photos here to show you. About the other guy: until he creates the company he is non existent. We don't have a photo of him, no record. And with the 80's he stopped moving. He lives here in the USA in a mansion. But I discovered something interesting: he managed to create a lab there. And even better, there is not a single camera there. It seems a bit odd, isn't it?"

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"When you consider that he must be obsessed with anonymity and privacy, it makes perfect sense," says Paula. "He's taken great pains to conceal his identity. Even the creature makes sense, when you think about it. These people were into genetic engineering and cloning. They could have modified an ancient extinct creature, perhaps after bringing it back through cloning. That would explain why its DNA is primitive and artificial."

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:14 pm
by ghill
So where can we find the Dutchman now? I mean he does sound like the easiest to get a handle on. I assume with both men we need to find any information they have and then arrange for their "expedient demise" says Paulus putting down his Len Deighton novel

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:58 pm
by kabukiman
"The dutch, what is the name?"- he looks at a paper and then says: "Cornelius, was financing an archaeology expedition in Egypt. South of Egypt in the desert. He has also a brother, some guy who got rich with the diamond business. I wonder why a geneticist would be so interested in digging old places. Oh, but you will find this even more interesting: even if it is all legal, it's also very secret. He paid that expedition from his own pocket and tried to avoid any contact with his own company, like if he didn't wanted that his subordinates... or associates knew what he was doing. What do you think?"

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"That makes sense," says Paula. "Maybe he's after some ancient, long-preserved DNA or something. Whatever he's up to, we need to find out and do something about it."

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:36 pm
by ghill
So he's paying for it, but is he out in Egypt at the moment or is he in the US? It'll be a lot easier to find things out if he's in the US than if he's in Egypt Says Paulus

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:57 pm
by kabukiman
"He was with the expedition at the start, about a month ago. If he is still in the desert, your guess is as good as mine; we know that he didn't leaved the country. At least legally. But if he heard the news about what happened in Portugal he may have escaped. We don't know. "

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"Then we'd better get on his trail as soon as possible," says Paula. "The longer it takes, the more likely it is that he'll hear the news and disappear."

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:21 pm
by drone232
OOC:   So are we going to Egypt then?