Wild dog

You are not alone in the war against the Mythos. The problem is, neither is the Mythos. A game heavily influenced by the X-files, investigation and conspiracies.

Moderator: kabukiman

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Wild dog

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I can't think of anything else to do at this point, though I do want to go with the team and get my leg checked out in the lab as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

29 August, 2014, Washington DC, 8 AM

You find yourself with Bartholomew in the same coffee shop. He is already drinking coffee. He seems a bit tired. He waits that yous asks something to the waitress, and then he speaks:

"I'm satisfied that all went well. You were lucky Paula, to just get that scare in the leg. If it had digged a bit more, who knows what would happen. Well, we actually have a clue now thanks to the specimen you have bring, and believe me, you wouldn't like it." He pauses to drinks and resumes.
"Don't worry, it doesn't transform you in a zombie or something. But it kill you in a nasty way, by burning your body. We tried it with rats. But the funny isn't that. It seems that thing is actually old. The scientists that examined it, said it's DNA was very primitive, it was wrong and probably artificial, whatever that means. Miss, another coffee please." Afters she leaves, he continues:
"We discovered also some interesting things about the two remaining associates. The Dutch has degree in medicine, he was a plastic surgeon in the 60's very famous. But then he changed his field. Or maybe not, since he was trying to develop some new technique that wasn't considered safe. And he travel a lot. I have some photos here to show you. About the other guy: until he creates the company he is non existent. We don't have a photo of him, no record. And with the 80's he stopped moving. He lives here in the USA in a mansion. But I discovered something interesting: he managed to create a lab there. And even better, there is not a single camera there. It seems a bit odd, isn't it?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"When you consider that he must be obsessed with anonymity and privacy, it makes perfect sense," says Paula. "He's taken great pains to conceal his identity. Even the creature makes sense, when you think about it. These people were into genetic engineering and cloning. They could have modified an ancient extinct creature, perhaps after bringing it back through cloning. That would explain why its DNA is primitive and artificial."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

So where can we find the Dutchman now? I mean he does sound like the easiest to get a handle on. I assume with both men we need to find any information they have and then arrange for their "expedient demise" says Paulus putting down his Len Deighton novel
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"The dutch, what is the name?"- he looks at a paper and then says: "Cornelius, was financing an archaeology expedition in Egypt. South of Egypt in the desert. He has also a brother, some guy who got rich with the diamond business. I wonder why a geneticist would be so interested in digging old places. Oh, but you will find this even more interesting: even if it is all legal, it's also very secret. He paid that expedition from his own pocket and tried to avoid any contact with his own company, like if he didn't wanted that his subordinates... or associates knew what he was doing. What do you think?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That makes sense," says Paula. "Maybe he's after some ancient, long-preserved DNA or something. Whatever he's up to, we need to find out and do something about it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

So he's paying for it, but is he out in Egypt at the moment or is he in the US? It'll be a lot easier to find things out if he's in the US than if he's in Egypt Says Paulus
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"He was with the expedition at the start, about a month ago. If he is still in the desert, your guess is as good as mine; we know that he didn't leaved the country. At least legally. But if he heard the news about what happened in Portugal he may have escaped. We don't know. "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Then we'd better get on his trail as soon as possible," says Paula. "The longer it takes, the more likely it is that he'll hear the news and disappear."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
drone232
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 2 months