Wild dog

You are not alone in the war against the Mythos. The problem is, neither is the Mythos. A game heavily influenced by the X-files, investigation and conspiracies.

Moderator: kabukiman

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Wild dog

Post by ghill »

Paulus

"OK so he goes to the States in the 60's and starts a company. Assuming, it was a reasonably successful business, he retires twenty years later and returns home with a briefcase full of cash. Back home he immediately sets up an orphanage and starts a new career as the director. We know there is something up with the kids...or at least some of them. The speed with which they catch the runaways is a bit suspicious too and they seem to be conducting some kind of experimentation. We know our man came here...and that he probably didn't come out again. That the Janitor disposed of the body.

Paulus pauses for a moment.

"Personally, I think we have enough here to warrant going in and conducting a close target recce on the place, you know have a really good look inside. I also have another suggestion. We wait for some more kids to get out and then lift them ourselves, we can get them a long distance away from her in the night and then we can talk to them at leisure. Also we know that at some point the director will leave to find them, perhaps if we lift them ourselves we can find out how he does that?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I like the second plan," says Paula. "We can always go in later, and the more information we have before we do, the better."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Paulus continues

The only downside with lifting the kids is that we risk showing our hand to the Director. Also if he, or anyone else else for that matter discovers us with the kids we risk being labelled kidnappers or worse. I wonder if instead of us lifting them, we can get the bosses to talk to their friends in the authorities here toto do the job for us. Then we can talk to them in the comfort of a police interview room instead.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That does sound better," says Paula. "It sure beats being in a police interview room the other way. We can say that the children show signs of abuse, and it's true. The experiments do constitute abuse."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
drone232
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Post by drone232 »

"I agree", says Parker, "we need to do this in a way that keeps us out of the law's suspicion and keeps the director in it. We just need to make sure we keep an eye on him when the authorities start investigating him to make sure he dousn't already have a plan for if this happens, which he might".
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: So you are contacting your contacts from delta green? Or your superiors from your agencies?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   So the plan is to continue watching the orphanage, but the next time we see any children trying to escape we are going to coordinate picking them up with the police. Ideally, it will just be a matter of us warning the police where they can pick the children up, but if necessary we'll grab them and take them to the police. What we really need cleared is an opportunity to question the kids in private. This is what we are going to need someone in authority to clear for us.

Am I correct in thinking the kids escaped in the early hours of the morning (1-2am) and the director went out to recover them nearer mid morning (around 10-11am)?  
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Yes.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   OK so this gives us several hours in which to interview the kids. Ideally we also take them as far from the orphanage as possible for the interview. This means the director will be away for an extended period of time. We should consider whether we break into his office during this time?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That could be a good time to do it, as we'll know he's definitely out of the office. Of course, that will be in the morning during daytime, which makes it harder to sneak around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: So, we advance a little.

2 days latter, you notice that after the director leaves the building (about 1 AM), 3 kids (two boys and a girl) leaving some time after.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   Have we made arrangements with the police for assistance with the kids? Ideally this will be with the Policia Nacional (so we can get them further away), but I expect will probably be the Policia Local.

The director leaves building and kids then leave subsequently. I take it director takes a car, the the kids leave on foot? Is there anything to suggest the kids were waiting for the director to leave?

Also how did the kids leave? Did they climb over the wall, or through a door?

Paulus' suggestion would be for whoever is on backup duty to follow the director in the car, while the two people in the hide back out of it and approach the kids. I'm happy to handle either job.

Alternatively, one of us follows the director, one of us follows kids, while one of us breaks into the orphanage and subsequently the directors office. Either way the director needs to be followed.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Paulus[/b] is probably the best choice to follow the director, with his excellent stealth and driving skills. That would also make him better suited to break into the office along with his Locksmith skill, but following the director is a higher priority. We can always break into the office some other time when we know the director is away and it's not necessary to follow him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Paulus

Paulus waits for the Director to move on, then makes his way back to the car. The light doesn't come on when he's opens the door, because he's already removed the bulb. Starting the car he makes sure the lights are off until he makes his way back to the main road where his lights appearing in the night wont appear to unusual. Keeping his eyes on the road Paulus hits the speed dial on his phone to open a conference call with the others.
OOC:   Naturally, if he leaves or continues on foot, so will Paulus. Also assuming Drone/Parker has no strenuous objection.  
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: The kids leave on foot, and use the wall. For where they go, you don't know.... You must follow them. The director only leaves the orphanage at the end of the morning (on car). But if one of you gives a ride to the kids, it will take much longer... Is this the option?
OOC 2: You have alerted the PSP (Policia de Segurança Pública), who will alert the Social Security who need to make an proper investigation and then will send someone. What did you expected? :D
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   originally you wrote
kabukiman wrote:you notice that after the director leaves the building (about 1 AM), 3 kids (two boys and a girl) leaving some time after.
but then in the last post wrote
kabukiman wrote:The director only leaves the orphanage at the end of the morning (on car).
These seem contradictory statements and quite drastically changes how we handle the kids and the Director.  
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Sorry if I wasn't clear. The director leaves the building to go sleep after 1 AM; after the kids run away. And in the end of the morning after the director awakes, he leaves the orphanage to grab the runners. Any doubts
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:   OK so Paulus will follow him discretely in the car where does he go? Where does he keep the car?  
Paulus:
  Depending on where he puts the car, I'll disable it. So when he goes after the kids he'll be delayed. I'll simply swap fuses for the fuel pump, so it starts but burns out after he's been driving for a while**.  
OOC:   **Paulus has high mechanical and electronic repair skills so if this isn't a suitable solution I assume he'll know what is.But basically he doesn't want the car to simply not start, he wants the director's car to break down away from home so he's delayed more.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Paula nods to Parker and starts to follow the children discreetly from a distance, not wanting to approach them until they're well away from the orphanage. "I'll follow them," she whispers, "and you follow me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Paula:

The kids walk about an hour and stop in a train station. Then they wait until a train appears.

Paulus:

Make two mechanical rolls.

Return to “Delta Green- Cell P”