ooc

Shub-Niggurath stirs in her slumber, threatening to awaken as her spawn begin to surface all around the world. Can musician Jim Culver and martial artist Lily Chen prevent the unthinkable, or is the Earth doomed?

Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: ooc

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, it was. Metatopia was centered around game designers, and we got to playtest all sorts of up and coming games. My favorite was Timewatch: Mythos, and I was lucky to get into that one. I'd played regular Timewatch before last year (run by the same person), and it was great seeing it applied to the Mythos. I have another convention (Philcon) from November 21-23, but that one hasn't been as good as the others lately.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Cultist is killed. Hallucinations Condition gained. The Gate is still open. :cry:
Lily thumped Father Guiseppe good, so that's something :) .

Timewatch: Mythos sounds cool, like Doctor Who meets Cthulhu.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

One less cultist is definitely a good thing! Just wish I'd had some of those extra successes for my other rolls.

TImewatch: Mythos is a bit different, and it uses a GUMSHOE variant. The investigators don't travel physically in time, but mentally, the same way the Great Race does it. We were all members of a secret society called the Order of the Silver Key in the early 1930s. We'd experience a "call" when the timeline was changing, and we'd rush to the lodge to get into these specially prepared coffin-like enclosures so we could mindswap safely before the change hit. In this adventure, we went back to Weymouth in 1348, where I quickly pegged to the fact that the Black Death was coming. My host was infected, and my character (Dr. Kate Attridge) was planning to synthesize penicillin, but events soon made that a moot point. A brother and sister who were actually plague-spreading Mythos entities were luring beggars (including two of the party's hosts) and others to a church where they planned to spread a plague far worse and more contagious than the Black Death, into which they transformed my host's disease. We sealed the building from the inside, spilled barrels of rum (which had been offered to the beggars), and set the place on fire as we fought. One of us went back a little further in time by mindswapping again to get a barrel of gunpowder from the ship that had just arrived, disguise it as a barrel of rum, and place it in the building in advance. I then stood on top of it carrying a lantern and had the party member in the ship captain's body shoot the barrel with a flaming crossbow bolt while I jumped back to my own body - I was the only one who didn't have to experience my host's death.

I never did have time to talk to the Keeper about my own Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign on this site.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Interesting and different. Personally, I'm losing interest with the run of the mill CoC investigation. I enjoy trying to role play as characters in real life, like from a book; and thematic board games, of course.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, the story should be paramount. One of the things I like about Call of Cthulhu is that characters are realistic people in over their heads.

I'm a sucker for unusual settings (and for time travel). My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign started out with a fairly traditional setting (1930 London), but I'm able to diversify easily. The second one was set on Pluto in the year 2112, which I don't think has been done before. The current adventure is set in 1985, which is the modern era, but it was nearly thirty years ago. The next one is set in Rome in 44 BC, and the settings will get more nonstandard from there (though I am planning a Gaslight adventure at some point).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Gomez
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Gomez »

Just picked Eldritch Horror up and played two solo games yesterday. Won one and lost one. But both were nail biters.

With the images your using for this game are you just scanning them or are they somewhere in the internet?

Plus if you run this again I would like to join! :D
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Hi, I'm scanning the images, but if you know where else they can be found I'd appreciate a link.

I'll probably run Mountains of Madness in the new year, so I'll send you a PM if and when it happens.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That looks awesome! I wasn't expecting the Rise of the Elder Things to be an Ancient One, since it isn't a single powerful enemy. I'd thought it might have been handled similarly to the Deep Ones Rising track in Innsmouth Horror.

Except for the fact that her hair isn't red, the woman blazing away at the Elder Thing could be Katie Wright, the aviatrix I play in Beyond the Mountains of Madness.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

It does look awesome! MoM should be in the shops soon. :)

Did you play any games at the convention?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, that was mostly what I did there. Primarily board games, but I was able to play in one RPG: Ravaged Earth, a pulp action system based on Savage Worlds and set in 1936 in an alternate history where the Martians invaded Earth in the 1890s as described in H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds (and then again in 1936, as described in the notorious Orson Welles radio play).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1 - Forsaken Lore”