1 - Introduction: A Phone Call

A book has been stolen and needs to be retrieved. A simple enough task, you think, as you get landed with the job. Or is it?

Moderator: NFVD

NFVD
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Re: 1 - Introduction: A Phone Call

Post by NFVD »

The security man passes his hand over the surface of the desk in what appeaars to be an expert gesture. When the trajectory of the hand has been completed there is no sign of the coin.

"Aie, I do recognize the gentleman." he tells William, "I am not acquainted with him though. He was the last visitor Mr. Quincy entertained before yourself. Came by, oh...a week to this day if I'm not mistaken. Didn't stay for a long visit; went up, came back and left in about a quarter of an hour. Ain't seen him before that or since."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

William Townsend

"Goodnight," he says, shouldering his overcoat and touching--"thank you"--his homburg.

~

William returns to his flat above the bookstore. He dines off sardines on toast, and with a tumbler full of brandy cogitates on Quincey, Blane, Scripture of Shul, etc.; undoubtably Quincey is a lunatic, but he needs the man's dollars for his own long dreamed of trip to England. . . . William sighs and resolves to phone all his book dealer acquaintances in the morning.
NFVD
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by NFVD »

We shall continue here: viewtopic.php?f=333&t=5439

Return to “Vengeance From Beyond”