IC-Ep 4-Move Out!(Everyone else)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 4-Move Out!(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Priory Cottage - Dunwich, England
12:15 AM- Saturday, September 7, 1985

The UNIT forces made their way down Monastery Hill to the southwest in their armored vehicles, stopping next to a gate leading to some darkened ruins to the left. The gate prevented vehicles from entering the ruins, but it would be possible to enter on foot. To the right was a small cottage. No lights were showing in the windows.

"That's the Priory Cottage," said Dr. Valerie Kirby, pointing at it. "Mrs. Soames, Mr. Rock, we'll go rouse Virgil Soames and try to enlist his aid."

"Good," said the Brigadier. "Sergeant Ecarg, take your squad into the ruins and take up positions around the entrance. Private Novak will point it out for you. Wait for my word before you go down."

The two Valeries and Peter Rock approached the cottage, where Valerie Soames rang the bell. After a moment, a light came on within. Then footsteps approached the front door from the other side, and it was opened by a tall, sleepy-looking man in his forties with dark hair and a beard to match.

"I'm sorry to disturb you at this hour, Mr. Soames," said Valerie Soames, "but the situation is urgent. Dr. Kirby you already know, and this is Peter Rock."

"I'm glad your friends managed to find you, Doctor," said Virgil.

"So am I," said Dr. Kirby.

"How can I help you tonight?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Move Out!(Everyone else)

Post by aine »

Tobias Maddox waits with the Brigadier and watches uneasily as Seargeant Escarg, Private Novak and their men prepare to enter the ruins and descend into the cave. The thought of going with them back into that noisome dank hole makes him feel sick. And those loathsome creatures waiting for them in the dark... he cringes; better up here where at least there is room to run...
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

Post by Vladd »

Peter shook Mr Soames' hand. "We are here to deal with the Lakes, we understand you may be able to help us"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Virgil returned Peter's handshake with a firm, steady grip. "I'm not sure how aware you are of the history of our two families," he said, peering through the pouring rain into the woods around his cottage. "Oh, but where are my manners. You shouldn't be standing around outside in this terrible weather. Come in, come in." He stepped back out of the doorway.
OOC,Everyone may roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Vladd »

Spoiler:
Spot hidden[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Peter Rock,Though it was hard to see through the cascading sheets of rain, [b]Peter[/b] could make out a figure in the woods to one side of the cottage. The person was wearing a gray mackintosh and a hat that obscured its face, but it seemed to be watching the cottage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Vladd »

Peter held the door open and indicated that his companions should enter, "Inside quickly, we are not alone out here,"
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias is too engrossed in feeling grossed to notice anything.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Indeed," said Virgil. Valerie Soames and Valerie Kirby ducked inside out of the rain, and Peter followed them. Virgil then closed and locked the door behind them. "I presume you also saw the fellow they've got watching me, and I'm sure he has seen you. The feud between our two families goes back forty years. My parents, God rest their souls, opposed Captain Josiah Lake's rise to power. They failed to stop him, and his friends murdered them. My elder brother Edward took his revenge on Josiah Lake fifteen years ago, but his friends hunted him down afterwards and killed him too. As to why they haven't killed me, it would be more trouble than it's worth to them. Edward killed several of them before he fell, and we are both reputed to have unusual powers. There has been an unofficial truce since then. They don't bother me, and I don't bother them."

"Do you know what happened to young Elliot Webb?" Mrs. Soames asked.

"He came here last night. He'd been beaten to within an inch of his life and was on the run. I...raised a fog to cover his escape, and then he fled. I don't know what happened to him after that."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Vladd »

At this Peter raised an eyebrow, "You raised a fog, what are you, some sort of wizard?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There are some who call me that," said Virgil. "I'm not as powerful as the Lakes think, but I'm content to let them think I am to keep them from killing me. My brother knew a lot more than I do about the unseen forces, but much of his knowledge died with him. I don't know how I can help you, or if you even need my help. You've brought the military with you, I see. If they're enough to do the job, you don't need me. If they're not enough to do the job, what little aid I can provide won't make a difference. If I take hostile action against the Lake family or their...friends, my life is forfeit, you understand."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Vladd »

Peter turned to Mrs Soames, "You suggested coming here, maybe you can explain to this gentleman how he can help us." Though how this nutter is going to help us is beyond me, unseen forces Ha! he thought.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek clears his throat and points his gun in the direction of the entrance.

"The entrance is ower there, sergeant. Shall I take point?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't believe in magic," said Dr. Kirby. "I'm a scientist. But your knowledge of Dunwich will be of use, as would any other help you could offer."

"My knowledge I'll share freely," said Virgil, "but I cannot give you any overt aid. It would mean my life."
OOC,[b]Valerie Soames[/b] and [b]Peter[/b], you may roll either Fast Talk or Persuade.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Vladd »

"Are you sure there is no way you can help us? Peter asked.
Spoiler:
Persuade roll 1d100=93
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by TheVaultTech »

Sergeant Ecarg nods with acknowledgment, then responds, "No, I'll take point. Just point me the right direction, if anything comes up, I'd prefer I took the bullet rather than anyone else."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Greyhound Two, this is Greyhound One," the Brigadier said over the radio. "We're in position and holding for now. Stand by for action. Over."

"Greyhound One, this is Greyhound Two," the reply followed. "Acknowledged. Over and out."

Sergeant Ecarg, Leonek Novak, and the rest of their squad gathered around the hidden entrance. If Leonek hadn't pointed it out, the others might never have known it was there. They had LAW rockets and a PIAT, but those would be of limited use once they entered the tight confines below. However, one of them did carry a flamethrower, which might be of more use.

"Please," Valerie Soames told Virgil. "Elliot is in terrible danger. Besides, they've already seen us show up at your home. They're like to come after you anyway. Your only chance is if we win, and your help could make all the difference."

"Well, you do have a point there," said Virgil. "Raising another fog won't be too useful tonight. The storm is cover enough. But I do have other options at my disposal." He collected a shotgun, a dagger that looked to be made of iron, and a box of shotgun shells. "The first thing we need to do is take care of the watcher outside. He cannot be allowed to report on what he's seen."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Vladd »

Peter agreed, "I guess that's down to me, turn off the light and I'll slip outside and deal with him." He drew his pistol
Spoiler:
Sneak roll 1d100=9
Spot Hidden 1d100=85
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by TheVaultTech »

Sergeant Ecarg points to two soldiers, "You two stay out here with all but one LAW. Maintain radio contact, report everything, and if anything stranger than should be expected appears- eliminate it. We'll take the C4-might prove useful in the cave. Flames will take point behind me as I scout ahead several hundred metres. I will leave a marking for which path I take if it should unexpectedly split." Ecarg takes off her dog tag and tosses them to a nearby soldier, "If you find my body, you know what to do."
Ecarg moves to the cave in formation with her troops, making sure her shotgun is loaded with armour piercing rounds as she moves ahead.
Sneak,http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4791664/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Once the lights were out, Peter Rock slipped outside and crept closer to the person he had spotted earlier, who was looking in his direction.

"Greyhound Two, this is Greyhound One," said the Brigadier into his radio when he saw Sergeant Carla Ecarg lift the stone and enter the tunnel. "Go now!"

Beneath the hidden entrance was a narrow set of stone stairs leading down into darkness, slick with damp. They were only wide enough to go double file. Carla made her way carefully down. The soldier with the flamethrower waited at the top of the stairs while she descended, the small flame emerging from the barrel providing scant illumination. However, that was for the best, as the light would not be visible to anyone waiting below. Before long, the bottom was in sight. The stairs were only about fifty feet down. At the base, a tunnel sloped downwards.
OOC,[b]Peter[/b] and [b]Carla[/b], please roll Hide. [b]Carla[/b], please also roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”