IC-Ep 4-One If By Land(Everyone Else)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 4-One If By Land(Everyone Else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ship Inn - Dunwich, England
12:00 AM- Saturday, September 7, 1985

The convoy of armored personnel carriers swept northeast on the A12, headlights piercing the darkness. The rain was coming down in sheets, and the cloud cover blocked all sign of moon and stars. At around midnight, they branched off from the motorway and made their way separately along the back roads to Dunwich. Most of the vehicles were to take up positions blocking the roads leading out of town, but the rest of them headed directly down St. James's Street once the perimeter was secured and made a beeline for the Ship Inn. They parked in the middle of the street, blocking off both St. James's Street to the west and Monastery Hill to the southwest. Brigadier Charles Crichton emerged first from the lead vehicle, his pistol in his hand and a beret on his head. "Everyone out!" he ordered. "Sergeant Ecarg, take your squad and secure the back door. Make sure nobody leaves the premises. Everyone else, with me! We'll take the front door once they're in position."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-One If By Land(Everyone Else)

Post by Vladd »

Peter draws his pistol checks a round is chambered, and follows the Brigadier.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek follows Ecarg out, his rifle at the ready.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias checks that ammo is in his Glock pistol, that he has his pockets full of his other gear, and climbs out of the truck. He looks around for Tinker and goes to wait by her, ready for further instructions from the Brigadier
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sergeant Ecarg led Leonek and the rest of her squad around to the rear of the building. "In position, sir," she reported into her walkie-talkie. She gripped her shotgun and waited alertly.

"With me," said the Brigadier, waving to the rest of the group gathered with him at the front of the inn. He led the way through the front door. The only person in the lobby was a young man standing behind the front counter who looked up, his eyes wide with surprise.

"What's going on here?" he asked, startled.

"I'm Brigadier Charles Crichton. Dunwich is now under military quarantine. This is purely a precaution, so do not be alarmed."

"Precaution my arse!" The clerk reached for the telephone sitting on the counter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by dustakr »

Newton throws himself out of vehicle and landing his feet over muddy water, he looks over to his boots feeling disappointed.. he hears brigadier calling in through rain, Newton reloads and arms rifle and holsters electric prod.
ooc,I was not sure if it were relavent from my part following brigadier, but I just find below details was needed to post, I was not going here with any spoof or something but if you can suggest Mr. Handy on below actions from my character, [ic-think]..radios?,Newton tries to reach to his pocket for blowgun dart to put lobby guy to sleep...newton was unable to find them any, he started hearing sounds more like musical tunes. he turn to sound watching at radio running, he then walks near to radio to switch it off, suddenly everyone in lobby start talking at same time and asking him to change the channel, newton is now very confused with all this, still thinking about where blowgun dart went from his pocket, he reach out to radio again but he don't see any at place and everyone are again looking back to lobby guy.[/ic-think]
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"I wouldn't if I were you; I'm a crack shot and i'd be sorry to see you lose a hand." Tobias points his gun meaningfully at the clerk.
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Vladd »

Producing a cable tie from his pocket Peter approached the clerk, "Lets not do anything silly now, give me your hands,"
Spoiler:
OOC:   Do I need to check anything to see if Peter manages to restrain the clerk?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The clerk stopped and held out his hands, unresisting. Peter bound his hands together.

"Well done," said the Brigadier. "Gag him too. We don't want him crying out."
Newton Noyes,It's good that you held back from posting that. There is no radio playing in the lobby, and you don't have a blowgun or darts (you never requested those). Also, you cannot assume that other characters will do things. You can only control your own character's actions, and even then some of them may depend on dice rolls to see if they succeed or fail.
Peter Rock,There was no need to roll anything in this case, as the clerk has complied.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Vladd »

Peter searched behind the counter for some duct tape or packing tape, to gag the prisoner with.
Spoiler:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There was no duct tape located behind the counter. However, Newton Noyes had had the foresight to bring some. The clerk was soon trussed up with his mouth taped shut.

"Most of the guests are probably asleep," said the Brigadier. "I think it's best to let them stay that way. We can keep one reserve squad watching the lobby and the vehicles blocking the road, and another can relieve Sergeant Ecarg and guard the back. We'll set up our field HQ in the restaurant, lay out our maps on one of the tables and plan our next move." He waved one of the squads to the rear. They notified Sergeant Ecarg on the radio that they were coming, and they took her place. She, Leonek, and the rest of her team made their way inside and rejoined the Brigadier.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"The back is secured, sir."

Leonek stood to attention beside Ecarg and awaited further instructions, hardly taking note of the restrained receptionist.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Brigadier assigned some of the regular soldiers to watch the front and back and guard the prisoner. Then he gestured for everyone else to follow him, led the way into the restaurant, and flicked on the lights. The place was deserted at this hour, except for the UNIT entourage. He took out a map case, unscrewed the top, and pulled out a rolled-up map. He unrolled it and spread it out on the biggest table, using the case and its lid to weigh it down. The map showed a black and white aerial view of Dunwich, taken either by a reconaissance plane at high altitude or by satellite. "We are here," he said, pointing at a building at the intersection of St. James's Street and Monastery Hill. "Both of our primary objectives are in this direction." He dragged his finger southwest, along Monastery Hill, stopping between a cottage on the right and ruins on the left. "Everyone who is not remaining at the inn will accompany me to this point. Sergeant Ecarg and her squad will then proceed into the ruins. Private Novak, you will guide her to the hidden entrance that leads down into the tunnels. Sergeant Ecarg, you will radio the HMS Brighton once you are in position, at which point Sergeant Hale and his team will deploy and head for the sea entrance. When he gives you the word, you and your team will enter the caves on your end."

"Brigadier, that cottage opposite the ruins belongs to Virgil Soames," said Valerie Soames. "He was helpful during our first visit. Perhaps we should enlist his aid. There's no love lost between him and the Lake family."

"Yes, that's a good suggestion. You should make the approach, as you've met him before. Bring along whoever wishes to accompany you. Meanwhile, the rest of us will continue down the road." The Brigadier dragged his finger further southwest, stopping near a short turnoff to the right. "The Lake estate is here. I will lead the team that seizes this objective. We will not go through the gate but scale the wall and enter the grounds that way. Before we move out, we must decide which group everyone will go with and who will remain here. If there are any questions or suggestions, I'll take them now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Vladd »

Peter went and stood with Valerie "I will accompany Ms Soames, if she has no objection,"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias stands near Tinker ne Raymond at the back of the group crowding round the map and says in a low voice to her, "Do you have any preference where you go? If we are to find your friend, Storey, I reckon he's still in the caves or maybe the house. Count me out on the caves though.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek acknowledged his orders with a brief "Aye aye, sir."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd be delighted, young man," said Mrs. Soames.

"I'll come as well," said Dr. Kirby. "I also know him."

"All right," said the Brigadier, "but we'll need you two in the mansion, as you're the only ones who've been inside. We'll hold our positions until you've talked to Virgil Soames. Only after that's done will we launch our assault on the caves and the mansion."

"I think he's most likely in the caves," said Tinker to Tobias, "but since you don't want to go in there and you have to stick with me, I guess that leaves the house."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Vladd »

Peter smiled at Mrs Soames , "Young Man? I'm 52, you can't be that much older than me?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You flatter me," said Valerie Soames, "but you're not that far wrong. You certainly don't look 52."

"I think we should move out to the road between the cottage and ruins now," said the Brigadier, "except for those staying behind at this command post. Captain Shields, you'll be in charge here. We've brought radio equipment so you can monitor our frequencies and coordinate the different groups. We can decide who's going where while you three visit Virgil Soames."
OOC,Other than [b]Salem[/b], is anyone else remaining at the inn?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by dustakr »

spoiler,I am still new to all PC and NPC around me, not sure, how I should progress my character through story. [ic-think]"Inn it is":,...seem like everyone knows what they are doing, I should stay at inn,..[/ic-think]
"Sir, you may need a technician at inn .." Newton tries to talk with Brigadier in convincing tone."..I like to volunteer."

Return to “Episode 4”