IC-Ep 4-Briefing(Everyone else)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Briefing(Everyone else)

Post by dustakr »

Newton again gets back to archiver to find details about col. Trenchard and device he helped to build.

OOC,Library use [dice]0[/dice]
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek slowly comes to his senses and sits there breathing heavily for a while before standing up slowly.

"I'm glad that happened here...", he shrugs apologetically.

"I should get going. Good luck with the mission, and thank you for showing this pretty..."

Leonek will spend the rest of the day coming to his senses, getting some sleep and getting his kit from the QM.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Newton could find nothing further about Colonel Trenchard or about the device the Master built in the archives, despite hours of searching.

At 6:00 PM, after all equipment had been collected from the Quartermaster, everyone assembled once again in the auditorium, where Brigadier Crichton stood at the podium. "Good evening, everyone," he said. "We'll be deploying and heading to Dunwich immediately after this briefing. Before we begin, I have news about Elliot Webb. Less than an hour ago, I received a telephone call from him. He's still in Dunwich, and he appears to be with the Lake family. He tried to dissuade me from carrying out this operation, claiming that everything was a misunderstanding. He would not listen to reason, and he said he would be waiting at the Ship Inn. It's possible that the Lakes have coerced him, but we must consider the possibility that he has been compromised. At least we know he is still alive. When we find him in Dunwich, he is to be taken into custody."
OOC,I'll update the character sheets with the additional equipment when I have time, which probably will not be until this weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek stands up, his composure significantly regained.

"Are ve to assume then, sir, that the cower of the mission is blown and that the enemy vill be expecting us?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's a safe assumption, Private," said the Brigadier. "We can no longer achieve strategic surprise, as they know we will attack. But they do not know when, and they would not expect us to make our move so quickly, especially considering the storm whose leading edge is already hitting Dunwich. Tactical surprise remains a possibility. We must hit them as fast and as hard as possible, before they have time to prepare."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

For the rest of the day, Tinker had been troubling Salem's mind, he couldn't catch much rest after the morning briefing. Salem made his way through the crowd to speak with Dr. Kirby. "Dr. Kirby, a word?"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, Dr. Shields?" asked Valerie Kirby.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"What's the current status with our―" Salem gives thought, "Our prisoner, Riefner?"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"She's still confined to a padded cell," said Dr. Kirby. "She still insists on being Raymond MacIntyre and denies being crazy - though her shouting that she's not crazy at the top of her lungs hardly lends any strength to her argument."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Have you done any more tests with her after last night?" Salem asks, "Is she really an alien?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I have done some further testing," said Dr. Kirby, "but the results are inconclusive so far. She could be an alien, or she could simply have some kind of mutation. She does indeed have two hearts, but otherwise she appears to be human. I've taken some genetic samples from her to compare with samples of Raymond MacIntyre's genetic material. It'll take weeks, perhaps months, to fully test, but I can tell you right now there's one major difference: she has two X chromosomes, being a woman, while Raymond had an X and a Y, being a man."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias thinks back to the man Storey and his amazing contraption in the cave. He puts up his hand, "Dr Kirby, did Tinker say what she was doing here or what she wanted? She knew Storey, who we met in Dulwich, I was wondering if she wanted to go back and find him. She could come with us."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That'll be tough to convince the Brigadier of," said Dr. Kirby. "He's not like to trust her, but we can make an argument for it. She still insists that she's Raymond MacIntyre, and that she's a Time Lord like Story and wants to help us."
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], you may make a Fast Talk roll to try to convince the Brigadier.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'Sir', newton tries to be coherent with his thoughts while asking question to Brigadier, 'I am not doubting the extent of the mission, but can we be sure there are not any friendly allies or forces that can help sea devils from outside of dunwich.', Newton kinda looks over to Dr. Kirby for a moment to find out her reaction to his question.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're right," said the Brigadier. Dr. Kirby nodded at Newton's words. "We cannot be sure. We already know they have that Rover creature, and there's no telling what other reinforcements they can call up. Our best chance is to strike before they have time to bring in any more friends."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Well, that Storey was pretty handy. If she's any ting like him I'd like her with us, and we need every bit off help we can get, Sir."
fast talk,(37)[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4752797/]1d100=37[
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can see that it might be an advantage," said the Brigadier. "I'd like to, but I simply cannot trust her. There's no telling where her loyalties lie."

"Sir, I really think you should reconsider," said Dr. Kirby. "We may very well need her help. If she truly is Raymond MacIntyre and a TIme Lord, she may be the only thing standing between us and defeat. We cannot afford not to bring her along."

"Very well. We'll bring with us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem lightheartedly elbows Tobias, "Well that was easier then I thought," Salem smiles.
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

newton gets little agitated with brigadier's responce, 'Sir, what if the mission does not go as it supposed to..for any reason, what should be our next action..', Newton raises another question.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"While I have every confidence in you and the rest of our people here," said the Brigadier, "I do have plans in case the opposition is stiffer than we expect. If we cannot complete our objectives, we ought to be able to at least maintain our cordon around Dunwich. That will provide enough time for the regular Army to mobilise, as well as for more support from the Royal Navy to come up. In a worst case scenario, we can get help from Geneva. However, I don't think it will come to that. Britain has been through worse crises than this, and we shall prevail, have no doubt. We survived the Blitz and went on to victory. A bunch of overgrown fish are not about to stop us now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”