IC-Ep 4-Briefing(Everyone else)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Briefing(Everyone else)

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek takes a deep breath and stands.

"I vill woluneer for the cawes. I'm a fair svimmer and I know the vay."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Excellent, Private Novak," said the Brigadier with a smile. "I can put you in either Sergeant Hale's or Sergeant Ecarg's squad, as you and they prefer. Does anyone else have anything further to add before we break?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by dustakr »

'Well, see you at the ship Inn place, soldier... ', I am sure you will save me some coffee there.' Newton tries to be friendly with U.N.I.T soldier.
Spoiler:
Is it going to cost me anything if I ask any favor from NPC, even if it's uncertain that NPC would accept my proposal or decides to forget after little chat like before me with U.N.I.T soldier.
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by TheVaultTech »

Carla queries, "What if the civies are subverted- Stockholmes or something else? Are we positive that civies aren't going to run out from the town, just so they can stab us when we're not looking? What's our contingency if we can't defeat the enemy, or if the enemy is far more prepared than we think?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sure, mate," said the soldier to Newton.

"There's a chance that the locals in Dunwich are corrupted somehow, even if they're not descended from the Sea Devils," said the Brigadier. "They'll all be detained until we can ascertain the truth about them. Even the tourists will be detained, in case any of the locals try to slip out among them. Our first order of business will be to surround and cut off Dunwich from both land and sea before we go in. They shouldn't know we're coming, so that will give us some modicum of surprise. If they are ready, or stronger than we expect, I believe we can still contain them. At that point we'd have to call in reinforcements from UNIT forces in Europe or, if we must, the regular British Army. But both will take time to mobilise, and we need to strike fast."
OOC,Treat it just as you would asking someone for a favor in real life. You probably have nothing to lose by asking, unless what you're asking is really off the wall. The worst that can happen is that he'll refuse.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"As much as I like to examine the habitats of those caves, I'll be overlooking the triage once we've established control over the Ship Inn." Every word Salem said felt strained and forced from his near drowning experience.

"I'll be monitoring between Sergeant Ecarg's squad and Seargeant Hale's squad. Seargeant Ecarg will be advancing towards the ruins of Greyfriars. While Seargeant Hale's squad approaches the undersea tunnel located on the base of the cliff."

The Captain pin-ons on his collar shined new on Salem's wrinkled uniform of few distinguished colours.
Last edited by DetectiveSocks on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Vladd
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

Post by Vladd »

Peter stood, "Given my previous experience in 'Five' rounding up KGB infiltrators with the help of Special Branch, I am probably best use in dealing with the residents of Dunwich, as ex Intel Corp, playing Cowboys and Indians with the VosPos and Stasi was my thing, not commando actions on the beach," subconsciously fingering the khaki green material of his tunic he thought "Damn I've missed the uniform,"
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'Sir', Newton's tone was raised slightly, he had no business at briefing, 'did our team at dunwich had encountered any sea devil themselves, did they heard about capturing of sea devil, someone got captured by sea devil or did they tried to capture any sea devil...'. U.N.I.T soldier standing with him near doorway was looking at Newton at this point.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Excellent, Captain Shields," said the Brigadier, "though Sergeant Hale's squad will be traveling to Dunwich aboard the HMS Brighton. They will deploy in rubber dinghies and approach the cave entrance while covered by her guns. If you mean to monitor them, you'll have to either go with them aboard her or follow Sergeant Ecarg's squad until the two meet up in the caves." He nodded to Peter. "Thank you, Mr. Rock. I'm sure your skills will be essential in screening the civilians." Then he answered Newton. "You have heard correctly. Captain Shields and Private Novak both encountered a Sea Devil. It wounded Raymond MacIntyre, but he managed to capture it before his unfortunate demise. A shot to the chest brought it down. While the Sea Devils are tougher than an average human, they are still vulnerable to bullets. This one is under heavy restraint and guard in the containment facility. It already made one escape attempt, during which it was further wounded and nearly killed, but our medical staff kept it alive. You're welcome to have a look at it after the briefing if you wish. Dr. Kirby had been captured by the Sea Devils' hybrid offspring, but Mr. Webb and Mrs. Soames managed to rescue her. Mr. Webb is currently missing in action. There is a high chance he was captured, but we cannot confirm that at the moment. Mrs. Soames returned to HQ with Dr. Kirby and the captured Sea Devil."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Sir, I would appropriate the use of radio comms to observe status reports of our team." Salem inquires, "How are the teams suppose to express concerns when they're in the dark? What if they find Operator Webbs and request a priority one MEDEVAC? If communication in the caves is your concern, we employ amplifying transmitting equipments at the entrance of each cave. If upon investigation radio equipments has been sabotaged or our teams has gone dark longer than fifteen minutes, we send a search and rescue team."

Salem continues, "I am not combat fit with my wounds. I'll remain at the Ships Inn assisting wounded traffic while monitoring between Hale's and Ecarg's team."
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, that's a good thought," said the Brigadier. "All of us will be equipped with personal radios, but being in the caves may interfere with communications. Amplfiers would solve that problem, so we'll bring some along. We can have one on the deck of the Brighton and set another up in the ruins, just outside the tunnel entrance. I agree, with your wound, you're best off staying at the Ship Inn once we secure it. We have other medical officers accompanying us who can go with the squads in case they need a combat medic."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'Did we experienced any pursuit or demand to release sea devil?' question from Newton,
With a very short pause, Newton continues, pointing at himself and U.N.I.T Soldier next to him,
'Also Sir, We want to join you for examining captured sea devil'.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias has been dwelling on his experience in the caves and the nightmares he's been having since. There's no way anyone is going to drag him back down into that dark, wet, slimey and overall, constricting hole full of ghastly creatures. He shudders uneasily. "I'm a pretty fair shot, and with my technical expertise I reckon I'd be better deployed up at the mansion, or if you prefer, at the inn. Sir." At least he'd then have the distance to see Rover approaching and get a chance of a shot at the horror.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The captive Sea Devil was in the back of the team's Land Rover," said the Brigadier, "and Dr. Kirby and Mrs. Soames managed to get away in that vehicle. The Dunwich constabulary did attempt to stop them on the beach as they pulled out, but they may have been more after Dr. Kirby and may not have even known there was a Sea Devil trussed up in the back. Once on the road, the ladies thankfully experienced no further pursuit. I've already seen the Sea Devil, but I'm sure Dr. Kirby would be happy to take you to see it after the briefing. She has far more medical and biological knowledge than I do, so she'll be the one to ask questions about the creature." He nodded to Tobias. "Whichever location better suits you, Mr. Maddox. There's no rush in deciding; you can wait to make up your mind until we've taken the Ship Inn. You're wounded as well, and I'd rather not risk losing you either. We've already lost one Technical Advisor in Dunwich. Also, I'd appreciate it if you'd take Private Noyes under your wing. He has some technical skills that may be of use."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

Newton turns towards U.N.I.T soldier '... you ready?'
He then starts noting down on small journal he is carrying # meet Dr. Kirby
Spoiler:
I thought my character should carry journal of some kind, does that count as equipment.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Just as soon as the Brig dismisses us," the UNIT soldier said to Newton.
OOC,I added the journal and a pen to your equipment list on your character sheet. If nobody else has any further questions in the next couple of days, I'll end the briefing and move things forward. Everyone, think about the things you'll want to do during the day before it's time to assemble for the mission. You'll have a total of about ten hours. Also, think about any equipment requests you have.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We'll assemble again at 1800 hours, shortly before we head out to Dunwich," said the Brigadier. "There's tea and biscuits in the anteroom, so help yourselves. Again, if you have any special requests, please let the Quartermaster know as soon as possible so your equipment can be ready before it's time to leave. Dismissed!"

People began to disperse from the auditorium, and many made their way to the anteroom. Among them was Dr. Valerie Kirby, UNIT's new Scientific Advisor. She was quite young for someone in her position, and she looked stunning in a blue miniskirt and purple blouse.
OOC,It's currently 0800 hours (8:00 AM), so you have ten hours to spend how you wish before the next briefing. Please let me know what if anything you want to do during that time and any equipment requests you have. I plan to move things forward in a few days.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek will hang around Dr. Kirby for a while until he sees an opportunity to approach her.

"I am wery glad ve managed to get there in time, Dr. Kirby. Ve vill git whoever did this to you."

He seems more emboldened talking to the young woman than in front of the assembled staff.

OOC:,Leonek will try to get some rest, check his gear and mentally prepare for the mission. He'd like his gear restored to him and supplemented with some assault weapons (an automatic rifle, combat knife, and pistol) and some portable field tools to use his repair skills with.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dustakr »

'Any idea where we can find Dr. Kirby... Newton continues, 'No wait.. don't sweat, let's move out first.. I might need to collect one of those electroshock prod device from Quartermaster, some duct tape, bandages, single bayonet and sun cream. We will ask Quartermaster about Dr. Kirby.' 'don't forget to ask something for yourself' Newton still talking with U.N.I.T soldier as they move out of auditorium.
Spoiler:
do I know Dr. Kirby, or do I need to request anyone to arrange meeting?, does customised weapon takes additional equipment spot or weapon remains same.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Private Novak," said Dr. Valerie Kirby, smiling weakly. "I've decided I'm going to come too. I know my way around the mansion better than anyone else here, so I'll go with that group. I'm frightened, yes, but I have to help put a stop to this madness."

"There she is," said the UNIT soldier with Newton, pointing out Dr. Kirby.
OOC,[b]Newton[/b], you know what [b]Dr. Kirby[/b] looks like, so you recognize her, though you've never spoken to her before. If you want to speak to her now, she's right here. There aren't equipment "spots" as such. You can carry whatever is realistic for you to be able to carry. What you've both asked for is no problem.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”