IC-Ep 4-Something Fishy(Tobias only)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 4-Something Fishy(Tobias only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

UNIT HQ - London, England
8:40 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Tobias Maddox went with Dr. Valerie Kirby into the containment facility where the Sea Devil prisoner was being restrained. It lay secured to an oversized metal slab in the medical lab with steel straps which also kept its arms pinned to its side. It looked much like the other ones he had seen in the caves. A bullet wound pierced its chest, the slug having torn a hole in its otherwise intact mesh vest. Thankfully, it was still unconscious.
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d6, but you have already lost 4 Sanity for seeing these creatures before, so you can lose a maximum of 2 more. Any loss of more than 2 counts only as 2.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Something Fishy(Tobias only)

Post by aine »

Tobias looks at the sea devil with undisguised revulsion. "Gee, I'd forgotten how damned ugly they were. How could anyone breed with them and stay sane? Could this have been human once, Dr. Kirkby, or is it a pure bred?" He walks up to the slab and looks closely at the mesh vest to discern its composition. He fingers some of the rings to see how are made.
sanity,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4628942/]1d100=32, 1d6=2[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dr. Kirby shuddered, recalling how nearly that fate had been hers. "I don't think they do remain sane," she said. "It's possible this one was originally human. I couldn't say without doing further examination and genetic testing. Even then, I may never know. We're dealing with an unknown species here."

Tobias felt the rings, which were small and tightly packed. They showed a lot of strength when he tugged them, and they appeared to be made of silk. They were hand-sewn with great skill, not machine-made. It was hard to see how a creature such as this with its unwieldy claws could have crafted it. It had most likely been made by their human, or humanish, spawn.

Dr. Kirby washed her hands and put on latex gloves. She got a tape recorder out from a cabinet, put a blank cassette into it, and began recording. "This is Dr. Valerie Kirby, UNIT Scientific Advisor, performing a medical examination of a captive Sea Devil. Tobias Maddox, Assistant Technical Advisor is observing." She gingerly lifted the bottom of the vest and, swallowing her distaste, looked underneath. "Subject is male, approximately six and a half feet tall, weighing about 300 pounds."
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], you may roll Medicine and Biology as you watch the examination if you wish.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias is amazed at the strength of the mesh but sadly dismisses it as a useless technology for him as there is no mass-production possibilities. He watches Dr Kirby with layman interest as he has no medical knowledge himself. He raises his eyebrows, impressed by the size of the creature; they had done well in that initial fight, considering the strength of the fish men.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dr. Kirby gave the creature a thorough examination, but even she looked befuddled. "Some of its parts look familiar," she said, "but its physiology is completely alien to me. I mean that in a figurative sense," she remarked to Tobias and the tape recorder. "I have no doubt it came from this planet." However, she did a stellar job of assessing it from a medical standpoint. "Subject is amphibious, possessing both a working set of lungs and fully functional gills. It's very difficult to determine its age, but it seems to be extremely old without showing any outwards signs of aging. Subject is well adapted to swimming but is completely capable of surviving on land. Its scaly hide serves as decent protection." She removed the bullet that had wounded it and did an excellent job of repairing the damage to its tissue.

The Sea Devil blinked as it regained consciousness. It gave Dr. Kirby a toothy grin. "You're beautfiul..." it croaked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias listens with amazement to the medical report. He just can't believe that R.I.O.T. hasn't come across these creatures before if they are native to Earth and is determined to send a report as soon as he can."Damn! It speaks English!" Tobias leans over the beast. "And it knows you. Look here Fish Man, have you got a name? What are you doing in Dulwich?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"My name is Y'thrai, Monkey Man," hissed the creature, baring its teeth at Tobias. "And it's Dunwich, not Dulwich." He tried to sit up, but the straps held him down. He strained against them, flexing his ample muscles. "Release me!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"If we were to release you, you'd attack us and then run riot around the centre; so I don't think so, Y'thrai. Are you a real fish man or were you once a human resident of 'Dunwich'. Sorry, my mistake. So you don't call it Yezderfidel or some other alien sounding name then?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't like you," spat Y'thrai, "and I'm not answering your questions. Go away and leave me alone! I don't want to talk to you." He looked over at Valerie, and she cringed as he leered at her. "Now you I could talk to all day. Send him away so we can get to know each other better."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There was a knock on the lab door. "Could you see who that is?" Dr. Kirby asked Tobias.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Yeah, sure." Tobias returns the creature's scowl and then goes over to open the door.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tobias crossed the length of the lab to the door and opened it.
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b] is moving to the thread linked below.
Revenge of the Creature
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”