IC-Ep 4-The Familiar Stranger(Salem Shields/Tinker)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-The Familiar Stranger(Salem Shields/Tinker)

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem drove off towards Westleton Road to the west, High Street seemed familiar and Salem thinks he saw it in town.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem drove past a few buildings along short driveways at the edge of the woods. Before long, there was an intersection ahead, with another road heading off to the left while Westleton Road continued straight ahead. The forest continued on the right side of the current road, while on the left it was bordered by a hedge.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem continued down Westleton Road, bordering along with the forest on his right side.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The road continued for some distance with nothing branching off but minor dirt tracks, and soon the signs started calling it the Dunwich Road. Such roads were named for where they led based on which end they were farther from, so presumably this one would go to Westleton at some point. Eventually the forest petered out, and then there was another intersection ahead. The Dunwich Road continued straight on, and an unnamed road turned off to the left.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,May I roll [i]Navigate[/i] to get my bearings and have an objective to look for? Landmarks, important roads from memory, etc.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, please roll Navigate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

At the intersection, Salem still wasn't quite sure where he was at, and wasn't interested in going back to Dunwich. Salem went off on the unnamed road, hoping it'll take him away from that horrifying town.
Navigate 10%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4654364/]Failure 44%[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It's called the Dunwich Road because it leads to Dunwich going back the way you came. It was called the Westleton Road further back because it leads to Westleton the way you were going. The name seems to be based on which end of it is farther away. That's what I was trying to convey above. Do you still want to turn off on the unnamed road, or would you rather keep going the way you were going?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,Oh I thought I came across a T intersection, and can only go either the unknown road or back towards Dunwich. I'll actually continue down Westleton Road please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The road continued past a large house on a short driveway, and soon it led into a village, presumably Westleton, where it intersected with another road. This new road went back and to the right away from the village, where it was called Blythburgh Road, and ahead and to the left, where it was called The Street. The current road curved around to the left beyond the intersection, where its name changed to The Hill. It ran almost parallel to The Street.
OOC,It was a T-intersection, but the road you're on went back to Dunwich and ahead to Westleton, and the intersecting road went off to the left. I'm sorry for the confusion. [b]Salem[/b], please roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem continued down the road of Westleton which changed into The Hill, looking for any amenities that catches his eyes.
Idea 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4667997/]Success 26%[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Before he progressed through the intersection, Salem recalled the name Blythburg. It had been one of the towns he had passed through on his way from Halesworth to Dunwich, and the Blythburg road had to lead to it. Of course, Halesworth was in the opposite direction from where he needed to go, which was back toward London, and there were no aircraft available at Halesworth.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

In sudden recollection, Salem turned the vehicle down Blythburgh Road instead, the only thing running through his burned mind is his comfortable bed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The road to Blythburgh, also called the B1125, was a long one, and its name changed to the Dunwich Road partway there. The surroundings started to look familiar. When Salem finally got to Blythburgh, he saw that it was very small, even smaller than Westleton and Dunwich were. However, it was situated at a major thoroughfare, as the A12 motorway passed through going from north to southwest. The A12 was also called the London Road, and taking it southwest would lead back to London eventually. There wasn't much in Blythburgh, mainly two inns: the White Hart Inn and the Blythburgh Holiday Cottage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

The countryside surely has lost it's holiday attraction and certainly had a change of heart in regards with working in the field. Salem looked to his watch, wondering if he should checkin with the inns and touch base with HQ.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The A12 will take us back to London and UNIT HQ," said TInker. "We just need to get on it heading southwest and follow the signs."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Alright," and so Salem speeds off on the A12 towards the London HQ, trying his best not to overexert the antique car.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It was a long drive back to UNIT HQ, during which darkness decscended. Salem pulled up at the gatehouse some time after 9:00 PM. A guard stepped out and approached the vehicle.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Evening sir," Salem fishes around in his pockets and flashes his laminate, which to his surprise, has never eluded speeding tickets and impressed anyone. He rubs the sleep away from his eyes, as he awaits the guard.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The guard examined the UNIT identification card and nodded. "Welcome back, sir," he said, then looked at the woman next to him - and his jaw dropped. "Who's your passenger?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”