IC-Ep 4-The Familiar Stranger(Salem Shields/Tinker)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-The Familiar Stranger(Salem Shields/Tinker)

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Brigadier Crichton has requested agent Riefner and myself, to debrief at 2200," as Salem checks how Tinker is holding up, after her bizarre hearing impaired incident.
Credit Rating 25%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4668521/]Failure 45%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Agent who?" said the guard, frowning. "I've never heard of any agent named Riefner, sir. You're going to have to wait here while I call the Brigadier." He went back into the gatehouse.

Tinker seemed to be doing fine. "Now what?" she asked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Frustrated, Salem leans on his window and groans in disappointment as he patiently waits in the car, rubbing the sleep away from his face.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

A minute later, the guard came out. "Wait here," he said. "The Brigadier is coming out here personally."

After another few minutes, Brigadier Crichton walked up to the gate from inside the grounds. "All right, Captain Shields," he said, looking at the woman in the shotgun seat with unbridled suspicion. "Just who is this person? There's nothing in any of UNIT's files about anyone called Riefner. She could be an alien for all we know."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem was surprised to see the Brigadier himself is intervening. It shook attention back into his eyes, "Brigadier, sir," Salem looked between Tinker and Brigadier Crichton. "Riefner here is of importance to us, she seems to associate with Technical Advisor Raymond MacIntrye, which, the classified nature of our mission has been confidential. She suffers Dissociative Identity Disorder and has went through some kind of psychological trauma." At this point, Salem was embarrassed to say he wasn't quite sure what Tinker's ulterior motives, but he was glad she saved his life.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Brigadier frowned. "MacIntyre never mentioned her before," he said, inspecting Tinker more closely. "Just who are you?"

"You're right to be wary," said Tinker. "As it happens, I am an alien." The Brigadier drew his sidearm and pointed it at her. "Really, Brigadier. With that kind of reaction, how can your planet ever live in peace with its neighbours?"

"Maybe you're just mad," he said. "But maybe you really are an extraterrestrial. I'm not taking any chances either way."

"Brigadier, you know me. I'm Raymond MacIntyre! Go ahead, ask me anything. I realise that I've changed my appearance, but it isn't the first time something like this has happened. Get old Lethbridge-Stewart on the line and ask him about the Doctor, also known as John Smith. He's changed his appearance before on two occasions, at least."

"Lethbridge-Stewart is retired. He's some schoolmaster or something. Why am I even telling you this?!"

"It's nothing I didn't already know, Brigadier. Just like I know about Dr. Valerie Kirby. Did she make it out of Dunwich with the rest of our team? If so, she should be able to do genetic testing to prove that I am who I say I am. My DNA is identical - except for the lack of a Y chromosome, but that was a fluke."

"Oh, she can do that all right. We'll keep you locked up in isolation while we await the results. It should take a few weeks."

"Weeks?! Oh, I keep forgetting how primitive your technology is."

"Primitive?! Our technology is state of the art, and Dr. Kirby is the leading expert in her field!"

"There's a quicker way. I have two hearts, just like your Doctor did. You don't even need to be a doctor to check. Anyone can have a listen."

"There will be plenty of medical tests for you, don't you worry. And even if you do have two hearts, that proves nothing. Yes, the Doctor did too...but so did the Master. UNIT's got a file on him that fills up an entire cabinet, and one of the times we encountered him, he was in league with the Sea Devils! Guard. tale her into custody!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"What the—Wait what's going on!?" Salem was completely lost and wasn't sure if he heard what he had just heard. Two hearts? Salem couldn't comprehend all this, and the only thing he knew were cephalopods had multiple hearts as well.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Brigadier, it's me!" insisted Tinker. "Remember that time my invention accidentally set the lab on fire?"

"I don't know who you are or where you got your information," said Crichton, "but you're not fooling me. Guard!"

The soldier opened the gate and approached the vehicle, carrying his rifle. "Come along quietly, Miss," he said.

Tinker sighed. "Oh, very well." She opened the car door, stepped out, and raised her hands.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Brigadier?! Riefner!?" As Salem disarms his hands in the air, grasping the situation that has evaporated as he glances between the two.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, you're not under arrest, Captain," said the Brigadier. "I know who you are. What exactly do you know about this...person?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

MacIntyre, Webb, and I were engaging the local law enforcement along Dunwich Beach aiding Dr. Kirby's and Valerie Soames's escape. Salem lowers his hands in tense slow motion, "MacIntyre is declared K.I.A. and as Elliot Webb and I were retreating, Webb was knocked out and is considered M.I.A." Salem watches Riefner being taken into custody, genuinely worried for her safety, "I barely escaped on foot, until I came across Riefner who saved my life and we commandeered Soame's vehicle."
Last edited by DetectiveSocks on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"A bit convenient, her showing up when she did," said the Brigadier. "She may have had an ulterior motive for saving your life. What better way to infiltrate UNIT?"

"Sir, it's me!" insisted Tinker.

Crichton ignored her protests and kept her covered with his pistol. "Guard, search her and cuff her. I'll take her to the containment building." He looked Salem over now that he had gotten out of the car. "You look like you need a doctor, Doctor. You'd better come along to containment too. There's a medical lab there. Dr. Kirby is examining the captive Sea Devil that she and Mrs. Soames brought back alive right now."

"But I'm the one who captured it! I gunned it down after it came out of the sea and stabbed me with a spear!"

"You don't look the slightest bit injured."

"I've regenerated!"

The soldier patted Tinker down during this exchange, confiscating two 9mm magazines and ten 12-gauge shotgun shells. Then he cuffed her arms behind her back.
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], if you want to try to convince the Brigadier to release [b]Tinker[/b], you may attempt a Persuade roll to convince him on the way to the containment building.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Hold on!? Where did you get those ammunition?" Salem couldn't think of any defence that would exonerate Tinker on the spot.
Persuade 15%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4701985/]Failure 85%[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The magazines were issued to me, same as they were to you," said Tinker. "The shotgun shells I found in Horsham's shack, after he killed me."

"After he killed you?" said the Brigadier.

"Well, I got better."

"Right, I've heard enough." The Brigadier marched Tinker to the containment building at gunpoint along with Salem. The guards at the entrance admitted them, and they proceeded to the medical lab.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
The Three Doctors
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”