IC-Ep 4-Best Laid Plans(Chad/Leonek/Tobias/Valerie)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Best Laid Plans(Chad/Leonek/Tobias/Valerie)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That won't be an issue. There are still things that need to happen in the other threads anyway before I can move this one forward much, and I'll be away myself July 2-6.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad hears the despair in Tobias' voice. "Heading back was always likely. Just more prepared than we were, when we were being chased by Rover. With more reinforcement too. Clearly the Sea Devils anticipated some mid-level resistance and are prepared for that contingency. We need to bring in heavy resistance, and for God's sake, we need to figure out exactly what they hoped to accomplish, because stopping them here means very little if they can just evacuate and set up shop someplace else. Someplace more secluded."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Even more secluded than Dunwich?" Tobias grins. "I don't mind going in with better arms and some backup. At least we'll be more prepared than before." He starts writing a list in the ever present notepad.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, Dunwich is also a tourist trap," said Dr. Kirby. "In my case, quite literally. They could probably get away with even more somewhere isolated, where there weren't so many prying eyes. The scary thing is that there must be many Sea Devils scattered all over the world, under the sea. This was their planet before it was ours. We'll never root them all out. I believe most of them are in suspended animation, waiting for the after effects of a cataclysm that never came to dissipate. But there could easily be other groups that have woken up or never went to sleep in the first place."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad quickly responds. "Which brings us back to, they must be doing this for a reason. A reason right now, we do not know." Chad pauses..."Is there anything else you can tell us?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias grimaces at the thought. "And I thought it was things from outta space we needed to worry about. Well I'd be interested in seeing just how technologically advanced these sea devils actually are, maybe get some examples.When are we due to go back in, Sir?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Day after next, it looks like," said Brigadier Crichton. "We'll decide exactly what time to go in when we draw up more specific plans, but it'll be sometime during the night. I'll need Sergeant Hale for this operation. As a former Royal Marine, he excels at amphibious operations. Those caves will definitely be one of our objectives, and we'll need him there. He's also an excellent squad leader with combat experience. Gave the Argies what for a few years back in the Falklands War." He picked up his phone and dialed an extension. "Captain, send Sergeant Hale to my office, please."

"I think the reason is that they want to reclaim 'their' planet," said Dr. Kirby. "They're just going about it in an extremely slow way. They do seem capable of living a very long time. After centuries of interbreeding, all humans would eventually have Sea Devil DNA and would transform to become like them after reaching maturity. At that point, Earth would be lost. It's genetic warfare. Well, I'd like to examine our...guest in more depth. Having a live specimen will help us develop a greater understanding. It's a shame Dr. Shields isn't here to assist me, but I can manage with the help of UNIT medical staff. Then we can try to revive and question it to learn more."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"And can we get some equipment? I lost my glock and other items in that helicopter crash. I wouldn't mind being in on the examination too. I'm not medical but..." Tobias's brain is obviously chugging away furiously behind his expressionless face.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course we'll issue new equipment," said the Brigadier. "We'll all go in fully armed, and we've got enough time to handle some special requests."

"Yes, you'd be welcome to sit in on the examination," Dr. Kirby told Tobias.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad once again remember being chased by Rover.

"Given the size of our largest encounter we may want a heavy weapons crew."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Team Building
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”