IC-Ep 4-A New Man(Raymond MacIntyre only)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 4-A New Man(Raymond MacIntyre only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dunwich Beach - Dunwich, England
3:47 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Raymond bled out on the floor of Horsham's shack. "Kate..." he murmured as his life deserted him, memories of his friend and colleague Kate Warne, the first Pinkerton woman, coming to the forefront. He hadn't seen her since 1861, but she had meant a lot to him. A similar thing had happened to him back then to separate him from her, and it had been a shotgun then too. The police and Horsham had already left him for dead, thinking that nobody could have survived those wounds. And they would have been right...had he been human.

Raymond's face became consumed with a bright glow as the regeneration process began. His mind shattered, overwhelmed with despair at being unable to save his friends or his favorite planet, or to ever see Gallifrey again. The knowledge tormented him, and everything went silent. The glow intensified, though he could not see it. By the time it faded, he was a new man. He sat upright and felt his face.

"Feels nice," he said, but he could not hear his own voice.

He looked down and saw his bloody, hopelessly shredded shirt, which he discarded. His chest was undamaged, the wounds from both the spear and the shotgun blast having already healed entirely.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Re: IC-Ep 4-A New Man(Raymond MacIntyre only)

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond felt his face, "Not bad", he thought. He ran his fingers through his hair - it was much longer now, about to his waist. Black and pin-straight. He brushed himself off, aching from the regeneration and the shotgun blast. Even though he was healed, he remembered the pain. He looked down at the tattered remains of his shirt hanging of his chest... or rather her chest. "Oh... that's new. I don't think Kate would have liked this." The Tinker thought. With her thoughts turning back to Kate she grimaced. Another friend lost.

The world was still silent as she gathered her wits and found her gun - well his gun was gone, but she guessed it was hers too since they were the same person. First things first, I need: protection, clothing and anything else helpful.

The Tinker carefully looks around the shack carefully for clothing or a weapon or something that could be useful to procure both.

"What am I going to do now? I can't go back to UNIT like this, they will lock me up. But I can't just leave everyone high and dry."
Spoiler:
Alright I'm back.
Decided the regeneration will be to a young and apparently very beautiful Asian woman because, well an APP score that high would be wasted on a strange man. Nice addition with Kate Warne too!

Here's a photo I'll use:

Let's get to it!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It was unusual for a Time Lord to change genders when regenerating, and often it was an indication that something had gone wrong with it - as was the fact that she could not hear her own voice. It could not have happened at a worse time. The lack of a top wouldn't be unusual for a man on the beach, but it would be awkward in the extreme for a woman. Unfortunately, there was nothing that passed for clothing in the main room of the store. There had been six diving suits, but the rest of his team, the other Time Lord, and his companions had taken the lot of them. Horsham had had a mackintosh, but he must have still been wearing it after leaving the Tinker for dead. He probably wore it at all times in public to hide his deformities. She still had her sonic screwdriver, at least. This room contained a telephone on the counter, and there were fishing rods hanging from the walls. Of course, she had no idea what lay in the rest of the store though the still open door behind the counter where Horsham had fled after slipping his bonds. A shotgun had evidently been somewhere back there, but he most likely still had it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

The Tinker will check the back storeroom for supplies, still keeping to a list of things useful for protection - knives, or guns preferably followed by clothing. "I can't easily make a phone call, that's how they keep finding us. I'll be dead in the water if I use that phone without protection...unless..."
OOC,First: Is there some way that I would be able to bypass any eavesdropping/wire tapping from the user side of the phone - even if it is being done via operator? Second, what is the state of the Tinker's body and clothes. I understand the shirt is tattered, but is she covered in blood? Like if I left and was seen, would it look like I've been through hell, or just like I'm some woman who decided to go topless? Third, Is there anyway at all for me to get in touch with another Timelord remotely or even track/call their TARDIS? Fourth and finally what I want to do, 1. Check the back for weapons and clothes. 2. Find out if I can bypass their phone tracking. 3. If I can call or track the other Timelord do so. 4. Failing all that, carefully take a look outside of the shack.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You do have blood on your torso, but it can be wiped off with no difficulty. There is none on the trousers. You currently have no wounds or scars whatsoever, as your body is new (and perfect). The only way to stop the operator from eavesdropping on the telelphone call would be to use a scrambler. You could probably make one if you had the right parts and tools, but you don't. Likewise, you could make a homing beacon to track a TARDIS if you had the parts and tools. You can't contact the other Time Lord's mind telepathically, but you're not sure why this is. The other Time Lord could be too far away, not in this place and time any more, permenantly dead beyond hope of regeneration, and so on. [b]Tinker[/b], please roll Luck to see what you manage to find.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tinker takes of her ruined top to wipe the remaining blood off of herself before tossing it into a trashcan and beginning her search for useful supplies.
Luck roll,[ url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4513901/]1d100=76[/url] That's a failure against 65. Nice way to start. You will have to forgive me, I am on my mobile and can't login to invisiblecastle at the moment.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Unfortunately, there was little of use in the back rooms of the shack. She did find a small box containing ten 12-gauge shotgun shells, but there was of course no shotgun to go with them. There were no weapons, unless you counted the fishing rods, but those were rather flimsy, and nothing that could be used as clothing.

A peek out of the window showed Tinker that the area of the beach around the shack was deserted. There were footprints moving away from the scene where the fight had taken place outside. Several sets headed up the beach to the north, and others, accompanied by drag marks, went into the sea, in the direction of that cave.
OOC,That's okay, I was able to copy the link to the roll with no problem. There was just a space between the left bracket and the url that prevented the link from working.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tinker sighs as the storeroom turns up empty - no clothes, no gun and the fishing rods weren't likely to be useful even if she was going to take on fish creatures. She snags the shells, leaving the box empty.

"There is nothing I can do for whoever got taken to the cave, not without a weapon or backup." She thinks. "But maybe in town, there has to be someone...that writer! If anyone would believe me and wasn't in league with the creatures, it would be him."

After checking that the coast is clear, the Tinker leaves the shack and will make her way to Virgil Soames' cottage.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tinker left the shack and headed north up the beach, as that was the only way of getting anywhere unless she felt like swimming or climbing the cliffs that rose above the shoreline. Soon she reached parts of the beach where there were some tourists. The men stared at her, and one woman gasped and covered the eyes of her young son as he goggled at Tinker, his mouth dropping open. People seemed to be talking, but Tinker could not hear a thing. Eventually, she approached the intersection of three roads. Beach Road ran northeast to a restaurant on the beach, where it ended at a car park. St. James's Street ran west through town, and Monastery Hill went off to the southwest. Did she even know where Virgil Soames's home was? The Ship Inn stood across the road, on the south side of St. James's Street. It had its own car park, in which the Model T Ford was still parked.
OOC,[b]Tinker[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tinker doesn't bother making eye contact with any of the tourists, she's not interested in them. "Where did they say he lived again?" She thought.

She spotted the old Model T and something else!
Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4514705/]1d100=13[/url] against 25%, success Even though I am on my laptop now, I can't seem to get Invisible castle to reset my old password or register me for a new one, so I can't make all the necessary notes to track my rolls.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tinker spotted Salem Shields running eastwards, in her general direction, behind the row of buildings on St. James's Street. He was being chased by two of the constables waving clubs and Horsham, who brandished a shotgun.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

OOC,Can my sonic screwdriver manipulate the Model T into turning on, even without keys?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, it can do that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tinker sprints to the Model T with screwdriver ready to both unlock it and turn it on. When she reaches it she will call out to Salem, "Hey stranger, get your ass in gear and get in!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem waved at Tinker. His lips were moving, but she couldn't hear the sounds he was making. The constables chasing him were blowing on whistles, but she couldn't hear them either.
OOC,You are moving to the thread linked below.
The Familiar Stranger
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”