IC-Ep 4-And the Law Won(Elliot Webb only)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-And the Law Won(Elliot Webb only)

Post by BenTheRat »

Sanity,[dice]0[/dice]
Elliot didn't flinch from the new Deep One surfacing. He had seen so many up to now they were just like a blur.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"This is my son Hatho," Y'Hali told Elliot. "He is a priest of Hydra. We shall combine our powers as needed."

"So you are the one who would marry my little sister," said Hatho, scrutinizing him. "Well, we shall see if you are worthy. The first thing we should do is call the sharks to our aid. We will need a drop of your blood in the water, human."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot looks over at Victoria with skepticism in his eyes, "Really?" he asks her. "What your blood won't do the trick?" he asks Hatho.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Our blood would work just as well for that purpose, it is true," said Hatho. "However, it would not demonstrate your loyalty, as using your own blood would."

"Elliot is loyal to us, brother," said Victoria. "He loves me." She looked at Elliot, her eyelashes fluttering. "Show them, dear."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot looks Hatho in the eye. "Have a blade?" he asks holding out his hand. Deep down he knew he wasn't loyal to the cause. He was in love with Victoria and was only there to see she was safe. But given a chance he'd put these monsters down as long as his love didn't find out.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria took a small knife in a sheath out of the sack and handed it to Elliot. "Only a drop is needed," she said. "Just prick your finger and let the blood drip into the sea."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot takes the knife, puts it in his palm and pulls it down, "DAMN! that hurts, how the hell do they do that on TV." Elliot grimaces while handing the knife back to Victoria. He holds his hand out over the water and squeezes till he sees a drop fall into the ocean. "There you go bud. Have fun swimming with the sharks."

He looks back at Victoria and down at his hand. A nice slice across the meaty part, "well, that was kind of dumb."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You didn't have to cut yourself that badly, dear," said Victoria, taking the knife back, sheathing it, and stowing it back in the sack. She removed a small first aid kit from it and took out a small bandage that she used to wrap his cut.

Y'Hali and Hatho began to chant in some inhuman language. In some ways it reminded him of Victoria's song, but it clearly wasn't the same. After a while, a couple of fins appeared jutting out of the sea, streaking closer to the boat. When they arrived, they began circling it. "It is said that sharks have to keep moving, or they'll die," said Victoria.

The Deep Ones stopped their chanting. It was unclear if they had actually worked some kind of spell that brought the sharks, or if they had merely been drawn by Elliot's blood.

"Ah, Dirktooth and Fang are here," said Y'Hali. "Bruiser did not show up, but he'll be along if a feast starts. Do not worry, Elliot. You are perfectly safe, even if you fall out of the boat. They are completely under my control. They will not bite you so long as I restrain them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot bails out some of the water, "I've heard that also about sharks." He bandages up the cut on his hand. Then after hearing mother's reassurance he thinks to himself, "Oh yea, I feel totally safe in the middle of the ocean over a lost city full of monsters being circled by sharks in a sinking rowboat in a thunderstorm." But decided that might come off with too much sarcasm.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Hours passed, or at least it seemed to be hours, without incident. The rain kept pouring, the sharks kept circling, and the couple kept bailing. Y'Hali and Hatho were swimming around underwater somewhere, out of sight.
OOC,[b]Elliot[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Maybe this is all a big waste of time, maybe they decided to wait because of the storm," he tells Victoria.
spot hidden,[dice]0[/dice]
Then Elliot notices something.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Off to the south, Elliot caught sight of a large shape in the water, looming in the distance. Its sleek silhouette revealed it to be a ship, and he was able to identify it as a Royal Navy destroyer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Victoria," he whispers to her. "Get ready, and don't leave my side." Elliot unties the oilskin bag from the boat, and wraps the cord around his hand.
Then he leans over and kisses Victoria deeply. "No matter what happens tonight, remember I love you."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And I love you, Elllot," said Victoria, emrbracing him with equal fervor. She gazed off in the direction he had been looking. "Ah, I see it now. You were right, the Royal Navy has come." She leaned over the side of the boat, stuck her head and arm in the water, and waved. Then she came back up.

A moment later, Y'Hali and Hatho resurfaced next to the boat. "Mother, the Royal Navy is here," Victoria said, pointing at the distant destroyer.

"They shall regret their folly," said Y'Hali. "We do nothing as yet. Continue to watch them. They must commit the first overt hostile act."

"Yes, Mother." Victoria glanced back towards the shore, where she and Elliot could see a man in swim trunks approaching the water from the beach. "That must be Randall at last."

"Good. Together we can put paid to the Royal Navy."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

'Idiots' he thinks to himself, they have no idea the hell they are sailing into.

"Mother, please remember most of the men on these ships don't even know whats going on. They are just there doing their jobs. Be merciful to the crew, I would beg of you." Thinking of all the men he may have doomed. "Killing the crew will turn all of Great Britain against you. But if you only kill the senior officers, and spare the junior officers and crew, you will win their hearts." He pauses for a second, "to do what you want to accomplish, you must have the people on your side, or this will never work." Elliot says hoping to spare at least some of the lives. He can't believe they sent ships to this invasion.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We will not take any action at all until they start their attack," said Y'Hali, "and we will not target the crew. We will merely sink the ship. The crew can swim to shore, and they will not be harmed so long as they do not press the attack."

The man on the beach waded into the water and swam over to the boat, where Victoria helped him climb aboard. The sharks ignored him. Now that Elliot got a closer look at him, he could see that the man also had the features common to the residents of Dunwich, only his were more pronounced, almost as bad as Bertie's had been. He had fully-formed gills, and his face was very fishlike. He appeared to be in his mid-thirties, though it was hard to tell with someone who clearly wasn't entirely human.
OOC,[b]Elliot[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d6, but any loss of more than two counts as only two, as you've already lost four Sanity for seeing a hybrid. Normal hybrids have a Sanity loss of 1d4, but this one is further along and more hideous than most of them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Sanity,[dice]0[/dice]
Elliot had gotten so use to the hybrids, they didn't bother him anymore.

"Thank you mother," giving her a nod of respect, 'at least she is not the monster I had assumed, maybe she was more like Victoria than I thought.' Elliot thought to himself. "I might be able to help if that happens. When they get to shore, they will be scared. Scared men do stupid things." he said.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Stupid things like shooting anything they see coming towards them from the sea?" said Victoria. "It's too dangerous for you, darling."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Don't worry about me, I've been through a lot worse and always manage to survive. Even your little dungeon under the ruins. Just the way I am. I am worried about you though." Elliot replies. "I don't think you have been through this kind of action before."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not I," said Victoria, "but I've heard all sorts of war stories from my father when I was growing up. My favourite was how he fought the Japanese on Ponape and avenged the brothers and sisters I had never gotten a chance to meet. And of course Mother has seen her share of action. She's thousands of years old!"

"That is true," said Y'Hali. "In that time, I've learned that the best way to win is to do so before battle is even joined. I don't believe it will be necessary or even advisable for any of us here to directly enter the fray. It is especially important for my people to avoid unnecessary risk. A man may live a hundred years, if he's very lucky. When you can live forever, you have that much more to lose."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”