Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 4-Briefing(Everyone else)

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:31 pm
by Mr. Handy

UNIT HQ - London, England
7:00 AM- Friday, September 6, 1985

The auditorium was packed with hundreds of people, everyone in UNIT who had been selected to participate in the impending raid on Dunwich. They had all assembled after a hasty breakfast. Brigadier Charles Cricthon walked up to the podium where a microphone and a glass of water rested, carrying a long stick in his hand. An overhead projector was on a small table beside it with a transparency on top of it, and it was pointed at a large white screen hanging behind him. "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen," he said into the microphone. "You're all here because you've been chosen to participate in Operation Deep Six." He nodded to an aide, who dimmed the lights and turned on the projector. A map of Great Britain appeared on the screen, and the Brigadier pointed at a spot on the east coast of England, some distance northeast of London. "This is Dunwich. Once, in medieval times, it was a major English city and center of commerce, but the sea has gradually swallowed most of it up. Now it is a village with a population of approximately two hundred, little more than a tourist attraction. Dunwich has been secretly taken over by amphibious creatures known as the Sea Devils some forty years ago. They are not extraterrestrials, but rather from Earth. They are intent on taking over this planet from mankind, and Dunwich is their beachhead. They are genetically compatible with humans and capable of producing children with them - children that begin to transform into Sea Devils in adulthood. If the Sea Devils are not stopped here, they will eventually infiltrate further. It may take a long time, but one day humanity will be no more if they succeed. That must not be allowed to happen!

"Operation Deep Six will begin this evening. UNIT will take delivery of two Royal Navy vessels that are on their way to London. One is the destroyer HMS Brighton, which will be commanded by Captain Hart, who has previously encountered the Sea Devils. The other is the submersible Intrepid, skippered by Commander Nelson, a descendant of that Nelson. We will also have a large convoy of armoured transport vehicles that will carry our ground forces to Dunwich. The journey will proceed under cover of darkness, over both sea and land, with both groups due to arrive around 0200 hours. At that time, our ground forces will surround and cordon off Dunwich to make sure that none of the Sea Devils or their hybrid spawn escape by land. The Royal Navy will be prepared to intecept any attempting to flee by sea. The official cover story is that this is a medical quarantine.

"Once the cordon is in place, our first order of business is to secure the Ship Inn, the only inn in Dunwich. It is here that the tourists will be staying, and their safety is a high priority. The Ship Inn will also make a suitable field headquarters. Once that is established, our forces will be divided among multiple objectives. One objective is the Lake family manor. They have formed an alliance with the Sea Devils, and all of the currently living members of that family are their offspring. I will personally command the team that takes the mansion. The other main objective is a series of caves below the cliffs south of Dunwich that the Sea Devils use for unknown purposes. There are two entrances to these caves that were discovered by a team we sent into Dunwich yesterday, and our troops will attack through both entrances simultaneously. One is in the ruins of Greyfriars on the cliffs above, a secret entrance that goes down a stairwell. Sergeant Ecarg will command the squad that uses this route. The other is an undersea tunnel at the base of the cliffs. It is normally submerged, but at low tide it will be possible to wade into it, so that is when we will make our move. Sergeant Hale will command the squad that will enter via the tunnel.

"Of the investigators that went to Dunwich and discovered the threat we face, one was killed in action: Raymond MacIntyre, our Technical Advisor. As of this moment, Tobias Maddox is UNIT UK's new Technical Advisor, in an acting capacity until this promotion can be made permanent. He was part of the team that infiltrated Dunwich yesterday, and while he was wounded, he is healthy enough to assist with our operation. Elliot Webb, one of our operatives, is still listed as missing in action. He called into UNIT HQ late last night, stating that he was at the Cliff House Inn a few miles south of Dunwich. We sent a couple of soldiers in a vehicle to pick him up, but he was gone when they arrived early this morning. The receptionist told them that three constables had come into the lobby and tried to apprehend Mr. Webb, a scuffle had broken out, and Mr. Webb had fled with two of them in pursuit. His fate is still unknown, but we have had no further contact with him.

"Does anyone have any questions at this point?"

Re: IC-Ep 4-Briefing(Everyone else)

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:17 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek looked around at all the others, somewhat unsettled by the amassed forces, but didn't speak up.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:06 am
by Vladd
Peter stood up, "Sir you say three police officers tried to apprehend Webb, do we know if they are imposters or has the local police been infiltrated? If so do we know just how far the infiltration goes?"

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
"We have reason to believe that the Dunwich constabulary has indeed been compromised," replied the Brigadier after taking a sip of water. "Our team ran afoul of them before they had to flee Dunwich, and the hotel clerk's descriptions of the constables matched perfectly. They also likely intercepted the telephone call that Webb placed in order to find him, which would require the connivance of the local operator. It seems most probable that Dunwich has been thoroughly infiltrated. None of the locals are to be trusted."

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:27 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek stood too and spoke up despite his misgivings about speaking in front of crowds.

"Do wje have orders to shoot on sight, sir? The civilians of Dunwich, I mean, or do wje capture thjem?"

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:46 am
by Mr. Handy
"Excellent question," said the Brigadier. "The rules of engagement are as follows: anything that isn't human, you should shoot on sight. If it looks part human, that's likely one of the Sea Devils' children. If they take hostile action against you, or if they're about to, you can shoot them too. Otherwise, capture them if possible. Likewise for human-looking civilians, though they are not to be regarded as a threat unless they demonstrate otherwise. Everyone in Dunwich must be detained, but don't worry if they manage to flee from you. Our cordon will make sure they don't get far, and we'll do a thorough sweep once we've secured Dunwich. Everyone captured will be transported to a holding facility where our Scientific Advisor Dr, Kirby will carry out extensive genetic testing on them to verify whether or not they are human."

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:51 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek's face is flushed as he sits down again, although whether the colouring is from appreciation of his question or the mention of Dr. Kirby is uncertain.

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:18 pm
by Mozy
Evert stands to say " So we are giving the option to surrender, will they accept surrendering themselves or will they die for their cause. Secondly how is a submersible able to stop something swimming? As far as I know submersibles are quite fragile if something is to damage the hull." Evert then sits as his question is answered.

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:37 pm
by aine
Tobias stands,
"Tobias Maddox. I agree with this guy. I can't see how one submersible will be able to stop a mass evacuation of these sea devils, especially in the dark. I'm also concerned about new enemy forces invading from the sea." He stops, trying to remember, "I'm sure I heard mention of a really big sea devil. And what about Rover? It's a huge 20' sphere thing that can move very fast on land, highly dangerous. It's not just sea devils and their mutants we need to be worried about."

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:31 am
by Mr. Handy
"I do not know if the people will surrender or not," said the Brigadier. "It depends on how fanatical they are. Some, particularly civilians, will likely not put up a fight. Some undoubtedly will. Those you should have no compunction about engaging. The destroyer will blockade the coast and ensure that none escape by sea. It has guns as well as depth charges for bombing underwater targets, though those can't be used closer to shore. The submersible can attack with its torpedoes in much shallower waters, and its advantage is stealth. Yes, it's fragile, but I'm hoping the enemy doesn't know it's there until it attacks. After that, it will jolly well have to bug out. As for Rover or unusually large Sea Devils, we'll be bringing heavy weapons to the battle. We'll set up machine gun emplacements on the perimeter, and we'll be armed with LAW rockets, both fragmentation and incendiary grenades, and a flamethrower. If you have any equipment requests, please make sure you get them to the Quartermaster as soon as the briefing is over so they can be ready by the time we depart."

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:38 pm
by Vladd
Peter stood again, "Do we have any idea of the size of the enemy force or their level of weaponry?"

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:52 am
by Mr. Handy
"The locals don't seem to have much in the way of weaponry," said the Brigadier. "The constables had clubs, and some of the servants at the mansion had handguns and shotguns. I wouldn't expect any military-grade weapons from them. The Sea Devils in Dunwich wielded spears and fishing nets of all bloody things. In UNIT's previous encounter with them years ago, the Sea Devils had advanced weaponry in the form of some sort of ray gun, but this appears to be a different lot. We hope so, anyway. There are only about two hundred people living in Dunwich on the surface, and many of them will not be combatants. We have no idea of the Sea Devils' numbers, only that there are more than a handful."

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am
by DetectiveSocks
Half-asleep and still drowsy and wounded, Salem slowly motions his hand, "Do we not have any air superiority? If we're hitting hard, we could launch an attack simultaneous at Lake's Manor and Dunwich itself?"

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
"We can't use our air power," said the Brigadier. "There are civilians in Dunwich, and we have to minimize the risks to them. We can do recon overflights, but an air raid would kill innocent people. As a doctor, you should appreaciate that."

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:24 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"I'm not saying to rely exclusively on air in maintaining dominance, no." Salem postures himself up the chair, "It's obvious you need ground forces to maintain a perimeter around our area of operation. Much like the navy patrolling the seas. Do we have the resources, to have ground troops approach both the beach and the town, while simultaneously timing it with another team advancing towards Lake's Manor, via dropped from air support?" Salem looks up at the Brigadier, "It would leave the opposition forces with little time to prepare a defensive posture."

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:45 pm
by dustakr
Spoiler:
It would have been same as always, but nope, this time, you get to wake up for early morning briefing, what a great way to waste a beautiful taste of coffee...and to start a day also.
Newton gets little uncomfy and tries to adjust himself 'this place is crowded, than anything I ever seen.'.
Newton looking forward at podium, moves little towards person next to his left, and speaks politely 'When is coffee going to get served again?', moves back, still looking forward.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:40 am
by Mr. Handy
"It's tea, not coffee," said the UNIT soldier next to Newton. "We'll have that and some grub after the briefing."

"Paratroopers would ordinarily be a possibility," the Brigadier answered Salem. "Unfortunately, the weather report for tonight shows a storm coming into Dunwich. At best, the wind would blow them off course before they land. At worst, they'd be injured or killed. We cannot afford to wait for better weather. The sooner we strike, the less time the enemy has to prepare. Insertion by helicopter would have been an option, but we currently do not have a helicopter available after that crash the other day."

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:11 pm
by aine
Tobias raises his hand. "Those of us who went in before, which teams will we be on? I'm afraid I don't relish rentering the cave; I got totally creeped out by the place."

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:25 pm
by dustakr
Newton gets back to the soldier next to him, this time leaning forward looking down, 'were you aware of Mr. Webb scene?' and waits for second to get some reply, then again looking forward.
OOC:   Do let me know if I am out of context, while playing, All new to me.  

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy
"You may each request which group you'd like to accompany," said the Brigadier to Tobias. "It would make sense if you went with one of the groups raiding the cave, as you've been there before and know your way around. Since you're not the best swimmer, it would make more sense to put you with Sergeant Ecarg's squad if you do end up going to the cave. However, you are wounded, and I am loathe to put you at risk, having just lost Technical Advisor MacIntyre. You may accompany me to the manor if you wish, or you may stay behind at the Ship Inn once we've secured it."

"I never met the bloke," the soldier replied quietly to Newton so as not to disturb the Brigadier answering questions, "but I heard he's a covert operative and is missing in action. The others who've gone to Dunwich before, they know him. I'm sure you'll be able to talk to them later."
OOC,Don't worry, you're doing fine.

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:21 am
by DrPeterson

Leonek takes a deep breath and stands.

"I vill woluneer for the cawes. I'm a fair svimmer and I know the vay."

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy
"Excellent, Private Novak," said the Brigadier with a smile. "I can put you in either Sergeant Hale's or Sergeant Ecarg's squad, as you and they prefer. Does anyone else have anything further to add before we break?"

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:58 pm
by dustakr
'Well, see you at the ship Inn place, soldier... ', I am sure you will save me some coffee there.' Newton tries to be friendly with U.N.I.T soldier.
Spoiler:
Is it going to cost me anything if I ask any favor from NPC, even if it's uncertain that NPC would accept my proposal or decides to forget after little chat like before me with U.N.I.T soldier.

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:32 pm
by TheVaultTech
Carla queries, "What if the civies are subverted- Stockholmes or something else? Are we positive that civies aren't going to run out from the town, just so they can stab us when we're not looking? What's our contingency if we can't defeat the enemy, or if the enemy is far more prepared than we think?"

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
"Sure, mate," said the soldier to Newton.

"There's a chance that the locals in Dunwich are corrupted somehow, even if they're not descended from the Sea Devils," said the Brigadier. "They'll all be detained until we can ascertain the truth about them. Even the tourists will be detained, in case any of the locals try to slip out among them. Our first order of business will be to surround and cut off Dunwich from both land and sea before we go in. They shouldn't know we're coming, so that will give us some modicum of surprise. If they are ready, or stronger than we expect, I believe we can still contain them. At that point we'd have to call in reinforcements from UNIT forces in Europe or, if we must, the regular British Army. But both will take time to mobilise, and we need to strike fast."
OOC,Treat it just as you would asking someone for a favor in real life. You probably have nothing to lose by asking, unless what you're asking is really off the wall. The worst that can happen is that he'll refuse.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:31 am
by DetectiveSocks
"As much as I like to examine the habitats of those caves, I'll be overlooking the triage once we've established control over the Ship Inn." Every word Salem said felt strained and forced from his near drowning experience.

"I'll be monitoring between Sergeant Ecarg's squad and Seargeant Hale's squad. Seargeant Ecarg will be advancing towards the ruins of Greyfriars. While Seargeant Hale's squad approaches the undersea tunnel located on the base of the cliff."

The Captain pin-ons on his collar shined new on Salem's wrinkled uniform of few distinguished colours.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:32 pm
by Vladd
Peter stood, "Given my previous experience in 'Five' rounding up KGB infiltrators with the help of Special Branch, I am probably best use in dealing with the residents of Dunwich, as ex Intel Corp, playing Cowboys and Indians with the VosPos and Stasi was my thing, not commando actions on the beach," subconsciously fingering the khaki green material of his tunic he thought "Damn I've missed the uniform,"

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:57 pm
by dustakr
'Sir', Newton's tone was raised slightly, he had no business at briefing, 'did our team at dunwich had encountered any sea devil themselves, did they heard about capturing of sea devil, someone got captured by sea devil or did they tried to capture any sea devil...'. U.N.I.T soldier standing with him near doorway was looking at Newton at this point.

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:10 am
by Mr. Handy
"Excellent, Captain Shields," said the Brigadier, "though Sergeant Hale's squad will be traveling to Dunwich aboard the HMS Brighton. They will deploy in rubber dinghies and approach the cave entrance while covered by her guns. If you mean to monitor them, you'll have to either go with them aboard her or follow Sergeant Ecarg's squad until the two meet up in the caves." He nodded to Peter. "Thank you, Mr. Rock. I'm sure your skills will be essential in screening the civilians." Then he answered Newton. "You have heard correctly. Captain Shields and Private Novak both encountered a Sea Devil. It wounded Raymond MacIntyre, but he managed to capture it before his unfortunate demise. A shot to the chest brought it down. While the Sea Devils are tougher than an average human, they are still vulnerable to bullets. This one is under heavy restraint and guard in the containment facility. It already made one escape attempt, during which it was further wounded and nearly killed, but our medical staff kept it alive. You're welcome to have a look at it after the briefing if you wish. Dr. Kirby had been captured by the Sea Devils' hybrid offspring, but Mr. Webb and Mrs. Soames managed to rescue her. Mr. Webb is currently missing in action. There is a high chance he was captured, but we cannot confirm that at the moment. Mrs. Soames returned to HQ with Dr. Kirby and the captured Sea Devil."

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:29 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Sir, I would appropriate the use of radio comms to observe status reports of our team." Salem inquires, "How are the teams suppose to express concerns when they're in the dark? What if they find Operator Webbs and request a priority one MEDEVAC? If communication in the caves is your concern, we employ amplifying transmitting equipments at the entrance of each cave. If upon investigation radio equipments has been sabotaged or our teams has gone dark longer than fifteen minutes, we send a search and rescue team."

Salem continues, "I am not combat fit with my wounds. I'll remain at the Ships Inn assisting wounded traffic while monitoring between Hale's and Ecarg's team."

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, that's a good thought," said the Brigadier. "All of us will be equipped with personal radios, but being in the caves may interfere with communications. Amplfiers would solve that problem, so we'll bring some along. We can have one on the deck of the Brighton and set another up in the ruins, just outside the tunnel entrance. I agree, with your wound, you're best off staying at the Ship Inn once we secure it. We have other medical officers accompanying us who can go with the squads in case they need a combat medic."

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:29 am
by dustakr
'Did we experienced any pursuit or demand to release sea devil?' question from Newton,
With a very short pause, Newton continues, pointing at himself and U.N.I.T Soldier next to him,
'Also Sir, We want to join you for examining captured sea devil'.

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:27 pm
by aine
Tobias has been dwelling on his experience in the caves and the nightmares he's been having since. There's no way anyone is going to drag him back down into that dark, wet, slimey and overall, constricting hole full of ghastly creatures. He shudders uneasily. "I'm a pretty fair shot, and with my technical expertise I reckon I'd be better deployed up at the mansion, or if you prefer, at the inn. Sir." At least he'd then have the distance to see Rover approaching and get a chance of a shot at the horror.

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:25 am
by Mr. Handy
"The captive Sea Devil was in the back of the team's Land Rover," said the Brigadier, "and Dr. Kirby and Mrs. Soames managed to get away in that vehicle. The Dunwich constabulary did attempt to stop them on the beach as they pulled out, but they may have been more after Dr. Kirby and may not have even known there was a Sea Devil trussed up in the back. Once on the road, the ladies thankfully experienced no further pursuit. I've already seen the Sea Devil, but I'm sure Dr. Kirby would be happy to take you to see it after the briefing. She has far more medical and biological knowledge than I do, so she'll be the one to ask questions about the creature." He nodded to Tobias. "Whichever location better suits you, Mr. Maddox. There's no rush in deciding; you can wait to make up your mind until we've taken the Ship Inn. You're wounded as well, and I'd rather not risk losing you either. We've already lost one Technical Advisor in Dunwich. Also, I'd appreciate it if you'd take Private Noyes under your wing. He has some technical skills that may be of use."

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:45 pm
by dustakr
Newton turns towards U.N.I.T soldier '... you ready?'
He then starts noting down on small journal he is carrying # meet Dr. Kirby
Spoiler:
I thought my character should carry journal of some kind, does that count as equipment.

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:07 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Just as soon as the Brig dismisses us," the UNIT soldier said to Newton.
OOC,I added the journal and a pen to your equipment list on your character sheet. If nobody else has any further questions in the next couple of days, I'll end the briefing and move things forward. Everyone, think about the things you'll want to do during the day before it's time to assemble for the mission. You'll have a total of about ten hours. Also, think about any equipment requests you have.

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
"We'll assemble again at 1800 hours, shortly before we head out to Dunwich," said the Brigadier. "There's tea and biscuits in the anteroom, so help yourselves. Again, if you have any special requests, please let the Quartermaster know as soon as possible so your equipment can be ready before it's time to leave. Dismissed!"

People began to disperse from the auditorium, and many made their way to the anteroom. Among them was Dr. Valerie Kirby, UNIT's new Scientific Advisor. She was quite young for someone in her position, and she looked stunning in a blue miniskirt and purple blouse.
OOC,It's currently 0800 hours (8:00 AM), so you have ten hours to spend how you wish before the next briefing. Please let me know what if anything you want to do during that time and any equipment requests you have. I plan to move things forward in a few days.

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:05 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek will hang around Dr. Kirby for a while until he sees an opportunity to approach her.

"I am wery glad ve managed to get there in time, Dr. Kirby. Ve vill git whoever did this to you."

He seems more emboldened talking to the young woman than in front of the assembled staff.

OOC:,Leonek will try to get some rest, check his gear and mentally prepare for the mission. He'd like his gear restored to him and supplemented with some assault weapons (an automatic rifle, combat knife, and pistol) and some portable field tools to use his repair skills with.

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:14 pm
by dustakr
'Any idea where we can find Dr. Kirby... Newton continues, 'No wait.. don't sweat, let's move out first.. I might need to collect one of those electroshock prod device from Quartermaster, some duct tape, bandages, single bayonet and sun cream. We will ask Quartermaster about Dr. Kirby.' 'don't forget to ask something for yourself' Newton still talking with U.N.I.T soldier as they move out of auditorium.
Spoiler:
do I know Dr. Kirby, or do I need to request anyone to arrange meeting?, does customised weapon takes additional equipment spot or weapon remains same.

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:09 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you, Private Novak," said Dr. Valerie Kirby, smiling weakly. "I've decided I'm going to come too. I know my way around the mansion better than anyone else here, so I'll go with that group. I'm frightened, yes, but I have to help put a stop to this madness."

"There she is," said the UNIT soldier with Newton, pointing out Dr. Kirby.
OOC,[b]Newton[/b], you know what [b]Dr. Kirby[/b] looks like, so you recognize her, though you've never spoken to her before. If you want to speak to her now, she's right here. There aren't equipment "spots" as such. You can carry whatever is realistic for you to be able to carry. What you've both asked for is no problem.

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:50 am
by Vladd
Peter left the room and headed for the Quartermaster, where he checked his pistol and spare ammo and put in a request for a combat knife, torch, cable ties, notepad and pen, stopping only to buy a box of matches and a packet of cigarettes he returned to his room where he read and relaxed until needed.

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:58 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek nods appreciatively.

"That is wery brawe, Dr. Kirby. I vish I could come vith you to the mansion, but I fear ve vill hawe our hands full in the calves,..cawes.."

He blushes as he struggles with the word and tries hard to ignore he said calves.

"Tunnels!"

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:15 am
by dustakr
Newton looks over to where U.N.I.T soldier is pointing, He walks hurriedly.

'Good Day Dr. Kirby, my self Private newton and this is soldier.. is it right time to talk to you?... We need to know more about sea Devils at Dunwich and particularly 1 which got captured.' Newton speak with Dr. Kirby.
Spoiler:
do we need to go back to Quartermaster after this chat for equipment?

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:18 pm
by TheVaultTech
Sgt Ecarg heads to the Quartermaster to order a litany of insane equipment be dropped with her team.

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy
"I don't envy you," Dr. Kirby said to Leonek. "You may have the more dangerous assignment, from what I've heard of that Rover creature. You have more courage than I do." She turned when Newton and his new friend approached her. "Well, you've come to the right place. I suppose I'm the resident expert on the Sea Devils. I got a closer look at them than I'd like." She shivered. "The one we captured is under heavy guard and sedation. It already tried to escape once. If you'd like to see it, I could arrange that, but you might not want to. It's quite a disturbing sight."
OOC,Yes, you can go to the Quartermaster when you're done talking to [b]Dr. Kirby[/b]. The best way to handle that would be for you to give me a list of what you want as the others have. We don't need to roleplay your request if you don't want to, and it will move things along to the action faster this way. I'll try to update everyone's character sheets in a few days.

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:50 am
by dustakr
'We trust you, Dr. Kirby, l just need to confirm few things, like do they exert any common trait, how do they communicate, do they remain in group, or wander alone.
How to deal with sea Devils if we encounter them during mission.' Newton asking questions.
OOC,that's fine with me, I request from my previous post [url]http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/posting.php?mode=quote&f=233&p=168351#pr168303[/url]

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:01 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek nods with a faint smile.

"I don't look forvard to it either, but I'we been there, I know the vay. If I don't go more people might die."

He then turns to the two newcomers as well.

"You might vant to look now. They are wery pretty. Ve had a few people black out form shock vhen they saw the things for the first time in the field."

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, it would be an excellent idea to get acquainted with their appearance now rather than be surprised when you're in the thick of battle," said Dr. Kirby. "Poor Mrs. Soames fainted at the sight. Come on, we'll walk and talk." She led the group out of the central headquarters building, speaking as she did so. "The only Sea Devil I've seen so far, other than Bertie Lake who is mostly transformed into one, is the one that Raymond MacIntyre captured shortly before he was killed. He shot it in the heart with a pistol. That very well could have killed a man, but these creatures are tougher than your average human. It was rendered unconscious, but it survived. Dr. Shields told me he was nearly drowned by one before that, when it overturned his boat. Sea Devils tend to be bigger and stronger than humans, with some of them eight feet tall or more. They are bipedal humanoids with sharp claws and features that resemble a mix of fish, frogs, and turtles, but they are capable of wielding weapons too. The one we captured was armed with a spear and fishing net, but the Sea Devils involved in UNIT's previous encounter years ago were armed with some sort of energy weapon. The Sea Devils are capable of...interbreeding with humans. Their children appear to be normal humans at first, but after they grow up into adults they begin to gradually change, until eventually they become full Sea Devils themselves. They are amphibious, able to breathe both underwater through gills and on land via their lungs. They communicate by speaking as far as I know. They have most likely learned English since they came to Dunwich, but I suppose they have their own tongue as well. They live in groups, but they do go off on their own. The one we have locked up was by itself. We're lucky that was the case.

"How to deal with them? Well, the Brigadier said to treat them as hostile and shoot them on sight. Bullets still hurt them, it just might take more of them. It might be possible to reason with them, I suppose, but I think we're past that now."

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:08 am
by dustakr
'Sure, Dr. Kirby, Let me know, when can you arrange same..', Newton didn't hesitate to ask.

Newton then confirming again with U.N.I.T soldier, '.. Well soldier..., you can follow to watch the captured creature or I will provide the details after we meet at Inn...'
OOC,do Dr. Kirby holds any rank, so that we can follow her lead.

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:58 pm
by Mr. Handy
"We can go right now if you like," said Dr. Kirby.

"Uh...if it's all the same, I'd rather not have a butcher's," said the soldier with Newton. "You can tell me about it later."

"I don't think you saw it before, Private Novak. Would you like to come too?"
OOC,[b]Dr. Kirby[/b] is a civilian, though she is an important one as the Scientific Advisor. You don't have to go with her, but you can if you want.

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:39 am
by dustakr
Newton didn't say anything.. Just nodded to U.N.I.T soldier.

'Well, Dr. Kirby, hope you will take care of sea devil if it wakes up...I am ready'. Newton was little hesitant this time talking. 'Let's go'

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:20 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek nods.

"I hawe seen a few already, but I vill come along just the same. It may be comforting to see one up in chains for a change."

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:23 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Well, it's strapped down with steel straps," said Dr. Kirby. "Chains might aggravate its injuries. It broke its straps before, but it's also sedated and under guard now. This way." She led Leonek and Newton to the containment building, where the guards waved them inside, and to the medical lab. The Sea Devil lay on an oversized metal slab with steel straps which also kept its arms pinned to its side. Its string mesh vest thankfully covered some of its ugliness, the material pierced by a couple of bullet holes. It lay unconscious and watched carefully by a squad of UNIT soldiers armed with rifles. The creature itself was about seven feet tall, covered with green scales and more muscular than any human they had ever seen. It was even stronger than the other Sea Devils Leonek had observed in the caves, though not quite as tall. It had gills, but it seemed to have no trouble breathing the air. Its face was the worst part of it, with features that belonged more on a fish or an amphibian. It also reeked of a horrible fishy smell.
OOC,[b]Leonek[/b] and [b]Newton[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d6, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed at the roll, but you lose 1d6 Sanity if you fail. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea. If you succeed at that roll, you go temporarily insane, but if you fail the Idea roll you may act normally.

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:32 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek recoils as the stench of the creature hits him, holding onto the wall to stabilise himself.
MrHandy,Wasn't there some rule as to the maximum amount of Sanity you can lose from a creature? I vaguely remember something of the sort, but don't have my book on me.
Sanity stuff,Sanity roll, [dice]0[/dice] Sanity damage, [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:14 pm
by Mr. Handy
Leonek Novak,Yes, the rule is called "Getting Used to Awfulness." The maximum amount you can lose for seeing a particular type of creature during a "reasonable period of time" is equal to the maximum that you can lose for seeing one of them. However, all of I believe all of your previous Sanity losses were due to other types of creatures (hybrids, [b]Rover[/b], and the like) and traumatic events such as seeing someone killed. Invisible Castle is down, but I had looked through your previous threads, and it appears that you've always made your Sanity roll before when seeing a full-blooded Sea Devil. This is the first time you've lost Sanity for seeing one, so you'll lose the full amount you rolled. However, if I'm mistaken, please show me where you lost Sanity for them before (a full Sea Devil, not merely a hybrid). If I'm not, you'll still need to roll Idea. The good news is, at least you'll now only be able to lose one more Sanity point for seeing any more of them later. Also, in the likely event you go temporarily insane, you'll also gain 5 points of Cthulhu Mythos and may immediately roll against it (though it's arguable whether gaining Cthulhu Mythos points is good).

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:30 am
by dustakr
OOC,ok not sure how to roll, I know it is 1d100, is it anything else. [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:02 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek wretches and then collapses against the wall he was grasping for, sliding down and landing on the floor with an undignified thunk.

Idea 90%-Not failed...,[dice]0[/dice]
Mythos roll 5%,[dice]1[/dice]
MrH,I have no idea what I lost it to, but I'm going to have faith in your administrative skills ;) And sure, that's a good thing...oh no, wait, it isn't :p

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:36 pm
by dustakr
OOC,guessing I need to roll 1d6 also.. [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:41 pm
by dustakr
OOC,idea roll... [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:36 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Well, you've both gone temporarily insane. Better here than in Dunwich where the monsters aren't chained up, at least.
Leonek Novak,[spoiler]Type and duration of temporary insanity [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice][/spoiler] [b]Leonek[/b], you start screaming at the sight. As far as I can tell, you lost the first 2 Sanity from seeing the man killed in the helicopter crash, the first 3 from seeing a hybrid, the second 3 from entering the TARDIS, and the third 3 from seeing the creature on the monitor. You lost only one from seeing [b]Rover[/b]. The other point of Sanity was lost from another hybrid, the one whose car you took.
Newton Noyes,[spoiler]Type and duration of temporary insanity [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice][/spoiler] [b]Newton[/b], you suddenly notice that everyone else in the room seems to share some of the features of the captive creature, much like the Brigadier described the hybrids. You rolled correctly. You have just gained 5 points of Cthulhu Mythos, and you may now roll against this skill on 1d100.

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:40 pm
by aine

Tobias watches some of the team troop out to see the creature, he'll catch up with Private Noyes shortly but first he wants to get his kit sorted; he pulls off a leaf from his notebook of the kit he lost in the helicopter crash and heads to the quartermaster's stores.
kit list,skeleton keys, Glock 17 and plenty of ammo. Torch and spare batteries. (Head torch if possible). Knife, 10 yards para cord, matches, small firstaid kit. walkie talkie, compass. Small rucksack. (if available)

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:46 am
by dustakr
OOC,roll against Mythos points, [dice]0[/dice]

Newton was well assured of U.N.I.T's security measures to guard sea devil at base, but was got unconfortable being in a room with sea devil, watching at sea devil thinking 'That thing is alive', Newton felt something or someone near him just falling on floor..he turn to his side on floor and freezes on ground for a moment..looking over to Dr. Kirby and squad he gets more confused..Newton tries to gather his thougt together and starts moving backword towards door, with his back to wall he tries to find door, to get out ..

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:35 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek helplessly crawled back, the wall blocking any movement, and screamed at the creature's alien familiarity. His mind reeling as all the different pieces of the hybrids he had seen came together in this culmination before him.

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:51 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Oh, not this again," muttered one of the UNIT soldiers guarding the Sea Devil.

"It's all right," Valerie Kirby said, trying to reassure Leonek and Newton. "I know they're terrifying, but try to stay calm. This one can't hurt anyone in its current state."

Newton backed away, soon reaching the door.

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:09 am
by dustakr
Newton now started to hear screams from the floor, Dr. Kirby also starts screaming, it just doesn't add up, he should understand what Dr. Kirby is talking, even though she is turning into that creature, or all of squad team behind that thing for that matter are turning in...

Suddenly door open behind him, guards at door must have heard screaming, without looking at them Newton actually tries to push them back with hands and gets past them, outside lab, now the screams are getting louder behind him as he almost run across building.. to get out..

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:25 am
by Mr. Handy
Newton burst into the hall. Two more UNIT soldiers were running towards the lab with their rifles in hand, apparently having heard Leonek's screams. "What's going on in there?" asked one. "Is it escaping again?"
Newton Noyes,These two soldiers also had large bulging eyes and scaly skin, just like the ones in the lab.

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:43 am
by dustakr
Newton stops at place he still unable to make any sense of their screams, Newton then looks back towards guards they are approaching fast. Soldiers not captured or attacked him.

'Ask them, I need to go to Quartermaster'; newton blurs to U.N.I.T soldiers and points at guards behind him.
OOC,can I get general Idea of my sanity rolls or type of insanity

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:58 pm
by Mr. Handy
The soldiers rushed past Newton and into the lab. "It's all right," said Dr. Kirby. raising her voice to be heard over Leonek's screams. "They just had a bad reaction to seeing the...prisoner. He's not going anywhere."
Newton Noyes,You've lost 5 Sanity points from your starting level of 50, leaving you with 45. Your character doesn't actually know that he is insane, just that something very weird is happening. It will wear off before too long, but even at that point I might not be able to let you know exactly what it was. Just keep acting as you normally would based on your perceptions. You're doing great so far!

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:36 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek keeps screaming and crawling away until his throat is hoarse, and then he just keeps shaking his head vigorously, as if denying the creature's presence would actually make it disappear.
OOC:,Well that was a fun start to this adventure :)

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:11 pm
by dustakr
Newton ran outside of containment building, heavily breathing open air, while he gets his posture back, Newton slows down and starts walking towards Quartermaster,
Only thing he is thinking of is what have caused this change to everyone around him, Newton tries to check any changes to him by looking at his hands and touching his face for any scales or changes to eyes, teeth, also checks neck for any gills.

Newton at one point thinks about hitting library to find more about sea Devils, if they got any magical powers.. But not before an important visit to the Quartermaster.

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Newton ran to the Quartermaster's office. By the time he got there, nobody else was showing any of the bizarre features he had seen earlier.
OOC,Both of you are sane again. If you want to do some research in UNIT's archives, you'll need to roll against Library Use on 1d100. Each attempt takes four hours, so there is enough time to try it twice.

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:43 am
by dustakr
Newton reaches at Quartermaster, he slips in one of page from his journal, Newton looks over the place, everything seems normal. Newton greets Quartermaster.
list,# electroshock prod # spare batteries # bayonet # first aid kit # duct tapes # steel fastening cables # backpack # waterproof matches # sunscreen # pocket knife

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:02 am
by Mr. Handy
"None of that should be a problem, Private," said the sergeant in the Quartermaster's office. "It'll be ready late this afternoon. You can pick it all up after 1600 hours."

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:44 am
by dustakr
Newton all stressed out from morning drill, tries to remember all the events, he needs to get ready for next briefing, collect equipment from Quartermaster,... And some thing some thing about sea Devils.. probably forgot to note down that bit, Newton then decides to go back to his quarters to take some rest.
OOC,do postponing actions cost anything, like one with library visit, or using phobias /disorder as excuses.

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Just tell me how long you're going to rest first, and I'll assume that the time passes before you do whatever it is you want to do next. It's now about 8:30 AM for you, so you have nine and a half hours left. Each Library Use attempt will cost you four hours, so if you spend more than an hour and a half doing other things, you won't have time for both rolls.

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:51 pm
by TheVaultTech
Sergeant Ecarg returns to the Quartermaster," Oh, actually, make that 5 disposable rockets and 12 units of plastic explosive."
She heads to her quarters afterwards.

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:21 pm
by dustakr
OOC,well I was thinking of skipping the library use at base and finding library at Dunwich, but since I should check mythos here at base [considered last rolls], before going to Dunwich. # rest till 10 # first library use # visit Quartermaster at 12noon to check equipment # second library use # collect equipment from Quartermaster at 16 # briefing at 18 I would like go to library then..

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Okay. It's better to do your research here. Once you get to Dunwich, there likely won't be time to visit a public library - if Dunwich even has one. Even if it does, it won't have any of the secret information that's in the UNIT archives. Go ahead and make your first Library Use roll now. If you fail, you may then make your second roll. If your first roll succeeds, I'll tell you what you learn. Then you may think of a different topic to research with your second roll (what you discover from the first roll may lead to additional topics for research), or you can do something else instead with that time.

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:45 am
by dustakr
Newton leaves quarters to go library to get more familiar with sea Devils, he queries librarian any text present about sea Devils.
OOC,library use [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy
"UNIT did have an encounter with the Sea Devils years ago," the archivist said, "but I'm not familiar with it. You're welcome to look through the files." She passd Newton the catalog.

Eventually, he found what he was seeking. The file detailed an incident that had happened back when Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart had been in charge of UNIT UK and Dr. John Smith had been UNIT's Scientific Advisor. He and his assistant Josephine Grant had gone to visit the Master, an archcriminal with hypnotic abilities that UNIT had captured and locked in an island prison run by a Colonel Trenchard. He was the only prisoner there and was watched constantly by cameras and by guards trained to resist his hypnosis. There were even minefields. He acted like he was being rehabilitated, but he hadn't changed. As Dr. Smith had been leaving the prison, Trenchard told him about ships disappearing in the area recently, and he and Miss Grant investigated.

They were exploring a sea fort that had been attacked when they met a half-mad survivor from the fort's crew who dubbed their attackers as "Sea Devils," large aquatic humanoids that could apparently also breathe air. Dr. Smith had noted that the Sea Devils resembled other creatures he had previously met called Silurians, which were land-dwellers. There was a notation referencing another file about them. They fled the fort and arrived at a naval base commanded by a Captain John Hart, who had been using the fort for sonar tests. This was the same Captain Hart that Brigadier Crichton had said would be joining the mission.

Dr. Smith discovered that the Master was secretly controlling his prison and had tricked Trenchard into helping him. They had been stealing equipment from the naval base so the Master could build a device that would summon a large army of Sea Devils, with which he intended to conquer the Earth. He then started calling them forth from the sea, and they attacked the prison when Dr. Smith and Miss Grant were there to confront the Master. Trenchard was killed, and Dr. Smith and his assistant escaped and returned to the base. When they arrived, Captain Hart told them that a submersible had gone missing. Dr. Smith went down in a diving bell to look for it, and he had been captured by the Sea Devils and taken to their undersea base to meet their leader, where Dr. Smith tried to negotiate peace.

In the meantime, a politician named Robert Walker had arrived at the base and taken charge, and he had ordered a depth charge attack on the Sea Devil colony over the objections of Captain Hart and Jo Grant, thus scuppering any chance at peace. He had even been planning to use nuclear weapons against the Sea Devils. In the confusion of the attack, Dr. Smith managed to escape from the Sea Devils and returned to the naval base, where he convinced Walker to let him try negotiating one more time, but before he could do so the Sea Devils attacked the base and captured it, having been sent by the Master. The archcriminal then forced Dr. Smith to help him build a machine in the Sea Devils' base to awaken all of the Sea Devils in hibernation all over the world. Apparently most of them had gone into a form of suspended animation in the distant past in fear of a cataclysm that never happened. When the Master turned on the device, the Sea Devils decided they didn't need him any more and locked up both him and Dr. Smith, but luckily Dr. Smith had first sabotaged the machine. The two of them had to work together to escape, using equipment from the stolen submersible.

They were rescued as the machine overloaded and destroyed the Sea Devils' base, but the Master faked a heart attack and stole a hovercraft to escape. There was mention that he had two hearts, and he was able to stop one while the other kept him alive.
OOC,You have enough time to make a second Library Use roll to research another topic if you wish.

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:16 am
by dustakr
Newton again gets back to archiver to find details about col. Trenchard and device he helped to build.

OOC,Library use [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:39 pm
by DrPeterson

Leonek slowly comes to his senses and sits there breathing heavily for a while before standing up slowly.

"I'm glad that happened here...", he shrugs apologetically.

"I should get going. Good luck with the mission, and thank you for showing this pretty..."

Leonek will spend the rest of the day coming to his senses, getting some sleep and getting his kit from the QM.

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
Newton could find nothing further about Colonel Trenchard or about the device the Master built in the archives, despite hours of searching.

At 6:00 PM, after all equipment had been collected from the Quartermaster, everyone assembled once again in the auditorium, where Brigadier Crichton stood at the podium. "Good evening, everyone," he said. "We'll be deploying and heading to Dunwich immediately after this briefing. Before we begin, I have news about Elliot Webb. Less than an hour ago, I received a telephone call from him. He's still in Dunwich, and he appears to be with the Lake family. He tried to dissuade me from carrying out this operation, claiming that everything was a misunderstanding. He would not listen to reason, and he said he would be waiting at the Ship Inn. It's possible that the Lakes have coerced him, but we must consider the possibility that he has been compromised. At least we know he is still alive. When we find him in Dunwich, he is to be taken into custody."
OOC,I'll update the character sheets with the additional equipment when I have time, which probably will not be until this weekend.

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 pm
by DrPeterson

Leonek stands up, his composure significantly regained.

"Are ve to assume then, sir, that the cower of the mission is blown and that the enemy vill be expecting us?"

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:39 am
by Mr. Handy
"That's a safe assumption, Private," said the Brigadier. "We can no longer achieve strategic surprise, as they know we will attack. But they do not know when, and they would not expect us to make our move so quickly, especially considering the storm whose leading edge is already hitting Dunwich. Tactical surprise remains a possibility. We must hit them as fast and as hard as possible, before they have time to prepare."

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:04 am
by DetectiveSocks
For the rest of the day, Tinker had been troubling Salem's mind, he couldn't catch much rest after the morning briefing. Salem made his way through the crowd to speak with Dr. Kirby. "Dr. Kirby, a word?"

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:21 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, Dr. Shields?" asked Valerie Kirby.

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:00 am
by DetectiveSocks
"What's the current status with our―" Salem gives thought, "Our prisoner, Riefner?"

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:48 pm
by Mr. Handy
"She's still confined to a padded cell," said Dr. Kirby. "She still insists on being Raymond MacIntyre and denies being crazy - though her shouting that she's not crazy at the top of her lungs hardly lends any strength to her argument."

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:27 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Have you done any more tests with her after last night?" Salem asks, "Is she really an alien?"

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
"I have done some further testing," said Dr. Kirby, "but the results are inconclusive so far. She could be an alien, or she could simply have some kind of mutation. She does indeed have two hearts, but otherwise she appears to be human. I've taken some genetic samples from her to compare with samples of Raymond MacIntyre's genetic material. It'll take weeks, perhaps months, to fully test, but I can tell you right now there's one major difference: she has two X chromosomes, being a woman, while Raymond had an X and a Y, being a man."

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:57 pm
by aine
Tobias thinks back to the man Storey and his amazing contraption in the cave. He puts up his hand, "Dr Kirby, did Tinker say what she was doing here or what she wanted? She knew Storey, who we met in Dulwich, I was wondering if she wanted to go back and find him. She could come with us."

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:42 am
by Mr. Handy
"That'll be tough to convince the Brigadier of," said Dr. Kirby. "He's not like to trust her, but we can make an argument for it. She still insists that she's Raymond MacIntyre, and that she's a Time Lord like Story and wants to help us."
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], you may make a Fast Talk roll to try to convince the Brigadier.

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:34 pm
by dustakr
'Sir', newton tries to be coherent with his thoughts while asking question to Brigadier, 'I am not doubting the extent of the mission, but can we be sure there are not any friendly allies or forces that can help sea devils from outside of dunwich.', Newton kinda looks over to Dr. Kirby for a moment to find out her reaction to his question.

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:17 pm
by Mr. Handy
"You're right," said the Brigadier. Dr. Kirby nodded at Newton's words. "We cannot be sure. We already know they have that Rover creature, and there's no telling what other reinforcements they can call up. Our best chance is to strike before they have time to bring in any more friends."

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:11 pm
by aine
"Well, that Storey was pretty handy. If she's any ting like him I'd like her with us, and we need every bit off help we can get, Sir."
fast talk,(37)[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4752797/]1d100=37[

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:20 am
by Mr. Handy
"I can see that it might be an advantage," said the Brigadier. "I'd like to, but I simply cannot trust her. There's no telling where her loyalties lie."

"Sir, I really think you should reconsider," said Dr. Kirby. "We may very well need her help. If she truly is Raymond MacIntyre and a TIme Lord, she may be the only thing standing between us and defeat. We cannot afford not to bring her along."

"Very well. We'll bring with us."

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:29 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Salem lightheartedly elbows Tobias, "Well that was easier then I thought," Salem smiles.

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:19 pm
by dustakr
newton gets little agitated with brigadier's responce, 'Sir, what if the mission does not go as it supposed to..for any reason, what should be our next action..', Newton raises another question.

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy
"While I have every confidence in you and the rest of our people here," said the Brigadier, "I do have plans in case the opposition is stiffer than we expect. If we cannot complete our objectives, we ought to be able to at least maintain our cordon around Dunwich. That will provide enough time for the regular Army to mobilise, as well as for more support from the Royal Navy to come up. In a worst case scenario, we can get help from Geneva. However, I don't think it will come to that. Britain has been through worse crises than this, and we shall prevail, have no doubt. We survived the Blitz and went on to victory. A bunch of overgrown fish are not about to stop us now."

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:43 pm
by aine
Tobias stifles a smile and decides not to mention the Americans. "If you like Sir, I can keep an eye on her." Aside to Salem he whispers, "I reckon the Brigadier is more worried than he lets on. And so he should be. This lot just don't know what they've let themselves in for; those 'overgrown fish' are a tad more trouble I'd say.""

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:29 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, I think that's best, Mr. Maddox," said the Brigadier. "You knew Raymond MacIntyre better than anyone else, so you'd also be best suited to determine if there's any truth to this woman's claims." He cleared his throat. "In light of the fact that the enemy likely knows we're coming, we're going to accelerate the operation so they have less time to prepare. As soon as this briefing ends, we will deploy and make our way to Dunwich. Sergeant Hale and his squad will take transport to the docks, where they will board HMS Brighton, and the rest of us will travel via the A12 in a convoy of vehicles. This means we won't be waiting for low tide to make our assault on the caves. I expect we'll arrive at Dunwich at around midnight. Before we go, are there any last questions?"
OOC,If anyone wants to go with [b]Sergeant Hale[/b]'s group, please say so. Otherwise, I'll assume you're with the main group.

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:53 am
by DrPeterson
Spoiler:
OOC, Leonek is going to go with the group that does the cave, whose group is that again? :)

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:28 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,There are two groups going to the cave. [b]Sergeant Hale[/b]'s group is going to use the sea entrance (and thus will need to swim). [b]Sergant Ecarg[/b]'s group will use the hidden entrance in the ruins.

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:13 pm
by aine
Tobias Maddox nods and readies himself for departure.

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:56 pm
by Vladd
Armed and equipped ready for departure, Peter rejoins the group.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:19 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Everyone except [b]Valentine Hale[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
One If By Land
OOC,[b]Valentine Hale[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Two If By Sea