Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Pier 54

Post by Dave Syrinx »

SS Galeka, New York - Cape Town

Nigel Blackwell reads the paper and stretches his legs. Sadly, old Jackson had not taken him up on the trip to Damascus. Well, he might tag along on the next trip.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Pier 54

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Not a large ship by any standards for an ocean liner, but that means privacy of sorts.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Nigel asks a waiter what time is it and after hearing the question, will read the section of internation news.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"The time is five to six, SIr. World there be anything more?"

Perusing the Friday paper Nigel finds:

June 6th
From The Guardian
Miss Emily Wilding Davison, the militant suffragist who ran in front of the King's horse Anmer during the race for the Derby on Wednesday and was knocked down and severely injured, was still unconscious last night and her general condition had undergone no change.
Prince Albert Frederick George, the 17-year-old son of King George V, and the future King George VI of the United Kingdom, made his first visit to the United States, crossing the border from Canada into Niagara Falls, New York. Prince Albert, who was in Canada with 60 cadets from the HMS Cumberland, wasn't immediately recognized in the crowd, but told reporters later that "This is my first trip to the continent and the first time I have stood under the Stars and Stripes on American soil
The Modest Mussorgsky opera Khovanshchina premiered at the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées.
Tsar Ferdinand I of Bulgaria, in another installment of The Ottoman war, warns neighboring states of Serbia and Greece to move their troops out of formerly Bulgarian territories. Will this lead to more unruly tines in Europe? The Balkan area has suffered regional complications since the 14th century.
On the order of Djemal Pasha, twelve patriotic intellectuals were hanged at the square in Damascus this Monday. Following the hangings, fires were reported to have started at three libraries.
ChristofferThomson, newly appointed Air Minister of The Royal Air Force, announces a route to Calcutta via Airship R-100. In light of the unruly times, it is supposed to reinforce the British grip over the world.
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"If things continue like this, there will be a war in europe"- thinks Nigel.
Nigel decides to go to the bar and take a drink. And see if there is any pretty girl (but a drink is the priority).
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Inside the restaurant section of the ship, a small anteroom is dedicated for serving drinks. A bartender is sending Nigel a broad smile. "Hello, sir. I'm Donny, at your service. A drink? Or..., maybe something else?" The emptiness of the room seems to have made the bartender daring to test the waters. "You need company, right?" He winks at Nigel while letting his index finger trail the bar top. He stops and studies Nigel's reaction to the invite.
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-You know, I really like a professional who cares for his client. If more man were like you, this world would be a better place. Yes, I want a drink and some company- says Nigel with a smile...
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The smile gets even wider. "Wondeful, Business first, pleasure later. One Singapore Sling coming up." Donny reaches for a bottle of Gordon's and a various other ingredients. "I'm relieved in a half hour. Meet me on B deck, room 14."

A few moments later a tall glass with a pink foam stands before Nigel.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Background info for Nigel Blackwell:

Nigel recently contacted Jackson Elias to head across the globe in a joint project in pursuit of the Shem-Hazzai (“Children of the Dark”) in Damascus, Syria. Nigel has a contact within the Shem-Hazzai.

TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Nigel drinks slowly. He is apreciating it, because once he will arrive at his destiny, this kind of luxury will be forbiden.

-You know, people doesn't give the rigth value to the small moments of life. Like a nice drink. Or a sunshine with good company. It's only when they risk losing everything that seem to wake up. I have been in places where people has somple lifes. Like in the amazon with cannibals. You start having a different perspective of life.
Nigel continues to digress until it's time to go to the "meeting".
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

At this piece of life knowledge the bartender nods, "Sunshine...What's your name, dear thing?" Donny lets his hand brush against Nigel's hand. This is when Jackson Elias comes in through the heavy side doors from the promenade deck.

At the small, corner bar a steward is serving someone who most certainly, definitely is Nigel. The steward, a handsome fellow at that, retracts a hand from Nigel's drink and starts swiping the bar top with a cloth. "Ah, another gentleman! My good sir, may I be of any help?"
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Nigel greets the newcomer
-Hello there! I'm satisfy you arrived here!
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Jackson discreetly ignores the obvious movement by the steward. Blackwell's interests are hardly unknown, just overlooked.
"Damn, Blackwell I thought I might find you here" Jackson nods at the bar with its ostentious decorations. Still looking at the various bottles behind the glass topped bar, it seemed they kept a good supply of high class liquour.
"Scotch on the rocks, and whatever he's having"

"So Nigel tell me is it South Africa or Damascus?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Very good, sir." The steward adds one ice cube to a flat bottomed tumbler glass. Then slowly pours a Brown-Forman Tennessee.
Next after that comes a pineapple based gin drink with froth. "A Sling, for you, sir. Enjoy."
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-To British East Africa. I have an important business there.
Nigel feels excited for changing to one of his favorites subjects; a misterious adventure.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"So do you want to let me in on that important business?" Jackson picks up the glass, swirls the scotch and downs it in a gulp. The raw liquor feels good, spreading warmth through his system.
He nods to the waiter, "Another".
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

A short time later the bartender produces a second rye with ice. Served with a wink and a smile.
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Of course. But I prefer not to tell you the details for now. Or you may think it's a joke.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"Okay , maybe later" Jackson turns to the waiter, "What time does this boat sail?"
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

When Bradley walks up the gangplank of the SS Galeka, he is struck by the apparent disrepair the ship is in. Walking through the deck doors to the restaurant he doesn't find an author, but two, sitting in the small bar, a small anteroom of the restaurant. They are caught up in a discussion while a bartender is preparing two glasses of whiskey.
The two authors are Jackson Elias and his target Nigel Blackwell.

"Ah, another guest!" Donny, the bartender, lets out as Bradley Grey enters the small bar.
TVblog

Return to “New York”