Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: Pier 54

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"She casts off at 8, sir."
Cearlan,Excuse the Hound of Tindalos: first breakfast then six o'clock. Guess traffic is dreadful on Fridays :D . Or Bradley had some other business on the way.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Oh, now we are a crowd! Come and make us company!- says Nigel- I was telling the bartender before you arrived, how I was once in amazon with a cannibal tribe.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

A I advance into the bar-room I recognise Blackwell from his pictures in the press. Moving forward I extend my hand towards him.

"And you would be Mr Blackwell I assume. I recognise you from photographs of your last Expedition ... up the Amazon if I remember correctly. Thank you!" I add as the steward lays down the glass in front of me.

"I have been sent by your patron, Mr Carlyle, to ensure your safe departure tonight. Sorry I forget myself. I am Bradley Grey - Mr Carlyle's representative." I turn towards Jackson and add.

"Sorry Sir, I did not mean to interrupt the conversation between the two of you ... I don't think I caught your name." I extend my hand towards the debonaire stranger
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

"Elias...Jackson Elias" he shakes the offered hand then turns to the waiter, "8... am or pm?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

I grasp Elias' hand in greeting.

"Pleased to meet you Mr Elias, I was led to believe from Mr Carlyle that the ship is due to leave tonight." Checking my watch I add "In little over one and one half hours to be precise."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, eight pm it is." Donny repeats, rolling his eyes, as if that was obvious.
A stewardess enters from the restaurant and relieves Donny of his service. They change pleasantries and the steward gestures at Nigel and points down.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Very well. You can say to Mr Carlyle that I will make the possible and impossible to fulfill his demands; he couldn't have pick a better person to this job.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Jackson rolls his eyes, what the heck is Blackwell going on about, is he doing this for Carlyle? Maybe theres a street in Durban that needs modernising. The idea almost makes him laugh aloud. He covers any possible outburst by tossing down the second glass of scotch. He takes out his pocket watch, opens it and glances at the time. From the 'discreet' signals being passes at Blackwell by the waiter he guesses that Blackwell's evening is more or less set - so,
"Well I guess if I'm to make it back aboard for when the boat casts off, I'd better look sharp and grab some things" he smiles at Bradley, "You sailing or what?"
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

I down my drink and grimace at the burning sensation of the liquor as it slides down my throat.
  'Gods I hate this stuff - I think organisations such as the Anti-Saloon League may have a point!'  
I smile at Jackson; partly to hide my disquiet over the antics of Blackwell and the steward.

"What me sail, sadly no, I was never a very good sailor preferring terra-firma beneath my feet. If you are going ashore then I think I shall accompany you. Do you need dropping off somewhere, I have a car at my disposal?"

After Jackson responds I turn to Nigel and say;

"Well it seems that as you are settled on board Mr Blackwell, I shall take my leave now as well. I cannot stress that our employer places the highest value to your mission. It is vital that you are aware that failure on your behalf would not prove beneficial to any of the parties concerned. To be blunt Mr Blackwell, Mr Carlyle does not recognise failure as an option that is open to you. I sincerely hope that your journey is not too arduous and that you manage to attain a successful outcome. Take care Mr Blackwell and remember to send regular reports to me as outlined in the terms of your contract."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Nigel answers in a most casual manner:
-Mr Bradley, I didn't build my reputation with failures. I can assure you that Mr Carlyle will be satisfied. I am more flexible than most persons- he says with a smile.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"I will pass your reassurances onto Mr Carlyle..." Bradley says to Nigel. "... I am sure your intentions are to continue your successful resume of expeditions and I wish your reputation continues apace."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to move fast if I'm to be back here before the boat sails. Nice to have met you, Mr...Grey" Jackson picks up his hat from where he had put it on the bar. With a nod to Blackwell he leaves the bar and hurries back to the gangplank.
OOC:   I'm presuming that Jackson can make it back to his apartment, stick a few things in a bag, grab some cash and make it back before the ship leaves? Otherwise he'll have to make alternative arrangements to meet Blackwell in Durban  
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Can't he simply buy new things in the boat?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:   No shop on board, I'm afraid Jackson will have to be back before the ship casts off.  
Jackson leaves the other gentlemen and the stewardess at the bar.
TVblog

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

I shall also take my leave Mr Blackwell. I shake his hand and nod at the stewardess before taking my leave and take a seat in the the Alpine where I can see the gangplank. I watch until the ship casts off to ensure Blackwell doesn't slip off the ship.

After the ship leaves I drive back to the Carlyle estate, hoping the roads are a bit quieter once I leave the city than they were coming in. Having that flat tyre as I drove to Manhattan did nothing for my timekeeping but I managed to find a local garage to repair it.
Spoiler:
Hoping to avoid tindalosian hounds along the way - that's all we need a further confrontation with something that would certainly wipe the New York party out at this stage :(
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Nigel will wait until it's time to get to the other place...

Return to “New York”