2: All Your Heavy Weapons Are Belong To Us

You are busy working your cycle loyally in your assigned service firm departments.
Suddenly your PDCs are bleeping loudly calling for your immediate attention. With a well drilled precision (or fear of consequences) you stop what you are doing and give your PDC your undivided attention*.

+++ATTENTION CITIZEN, YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED…

Ah PARANOIA (or as the commies might say PARANOIA)…

*Failure to close the thermo-nuclear coupling struts in section Delta four-0 results in the loss of over a thousand technicians. A security team has been dispatched to find the commie/mutant, traitor responsible…

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

This morningcycle, this warehouse was an Armed Forces bunker. Now, the large banner over the door declares it to be the DCODOAD. A grizzled veteran wearing a bright orange copy of an old time drill sergeants hat armed with a cone rifle stands watch outside. Behind him, through partially open blast doors you can see shelves stacked with all kinds of military tech and hardware.

The grizzled veteran’s name badge identifies him as CLINT-O as you approach he performs a complicated rifle drill, which ends with you looking down the barrel.

“Good morning girls!” he screams in a standard military voice, “I have orders to shoot to kill any unauthorized tresspassers. Where are your permits of authorization?” he releases the safety selector and switches the dial all the way to 11, “You look like goddamn commie terrorists come to make trouble. Well let me tell you no goddamn commie mutant is going to walk in here and steal what they want, no sir not on CLINT-O’s watch!”
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Re: 2: All Your Heavy Weapons Are Belong To Us

Post by TheVaultTech »

Francine-B immediately takes out her PDC and reports this citizen for threatening BLUE clearance citizens without just cause. After which, she silently points to the badge on her RED jumpsuit indicating her promotion.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Ola-B takes her PDC and show it to Clint-O and then in a discreet manner, gets out of the way, in case any of her companions is actually a comunist/mutant/traitor.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And a fine job you're doing soldier!" says Brannon-B. "I'm glad you're doing your duty for friend Computer. We hate commie mutant traitors just as much as you, and I'll be the first to join you in shooting them full of holes if you spot any! Here is our authorization." He shows Clint-O the appropriate clearance on his PDC.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"Just a moment there son, the weapons inside form a vital part of Complex defence therefore it is against orders for me to release them without the proper triple copy requisition orders" He eyes the various PDC's that are being held before him, "Those goddamn things don't mean squat, any half assed commie mutant traitor worth his salt can programme those things to say anything he likes" He takes a step back and points the muzzle of the rifle directly at the. inflated, chest of BRANNON-B, "Now you run along sonny before I you become little more than a distant memory in your next clones imagination. Either come back with the proper documentation or don't come back, your decision ladies"

There is a madness in his eyes that his old stlye aviator sunglasses don't quite hide. He lovingly pats the SynthiPlast stock of the cone rifle and starts chanting, "This is my rifle. There is no other rifle like it..."
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Rob-B-RAE-1 remains at his spot in front of Clint-O while the dutiful guard strokes his gun.
Smugly, Rob-B-RAE-1 squint his left eye and says, " I demand that you let me in, I'm a rainbow above you in rank, Clinton. You better Lewinsky to the side or I'll report you to Summary Execution, orange scum!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

"Your belief that the Computer's equipment is faulty and easily hackable by any commie mutant traitor is being sent to IntSec for evaluation." Francine-B reports the citizen.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brannon-B carefully steps back from the deadly barrel of the cone rifle. I've got to get me one of those once we get past this guy, he thinks. "Easy there, Citizen," he says, raising his hands. "We could go back and get the paper forms, but that would take precious time. There are commie mutant traitors that need killing, making their dastardly plots while we wait. Every minute you keep us from the guns is a minute more they have to do their dirty work. So, in effect, by delaying us you are helping them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"Why you goddamn commie mutant traitorus SOBs" screams the soldier, his eyes now dancing the hoola behind the shades, "I'll teach you!!" incensed by the idea of him being labeled as a commie mutant traitor has not only his facial muscles leaping like a SynthiPopcicle in a MicroWave but also the muzzle of the cone rifle starts to waver like a SweepoBot in a turmoil.
Then suddenly his face relaxes for an instant and the rifle discharges, sending the slug hurtling toward...no not BRANNON-B despite his adoption of a supercillious 'shoot me then, see if I care' expression', but toward the face of the ususpecting OLA-B, whom it narrowly misses leaving a neat hole in a nearby wall.

OLA-B faints with a whimper of suprise, while the unlucky CLINT-O hits the reload switch and smiles as the metalic sound of another round being seated in the breech rings through the stunned silence, A silence only broken by the metallic voice of FRANCINE-B's/b] PDC confirming reception of her report, smll sobs from floor level, and the wail of a distant fire alarm.
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Rob-B-RAE-1 seems not moved at all by the little incident, he only pulls the pin off from the fire extinguisher and sprays Ola-B's face with it. "Come on, toots. We're moving on." He takes a step towards Clint-O and says, "Move aside, soldier! Or I'll rip off your head and spray foam down tour neck! Orange scumbag! That would really, MAKE MY DAY!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brannon-B reacts quickly, unslinging his slug rifle and leveling it at Clint-O's face, his finger tense on the trigger. "You just fired at a member of my team!" he shouts. Only I'm allowed to do that! he thinks. "That is a violation of more regulations than I can count! You will lower your weapon and put it down slowly! I would hate for the Computer's property to get damaged."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

CLINT-O's face now takes on an expression of pure joy - combat!
In a confused fashion he nows swings the still smoking barrel from BRANNON to ROB to FRANCINE in a frenzy of choice again the gun roars and a hot piece of SythiLead flies towards...
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Not waiting for permission to pass, Rob-B-RAE-1 fires the extinguisher at Clint-O's face.
Rolling,[dice]0[/dice] Spends 1 p-point on quickly reaction speed...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brannon-B instinctively squeezes the trigger...
OOC,Spending one Perversity Point. [dice]0[/dice] I'm not sure I did that right. Was I supposed to add a point, or subtract one?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

Francine-B dives behind cover
[dice]0[/dice]
Spoiler:
Syrinx added a [1] to the code
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Can Ola act?
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Once again CLINT-O's enthusiasm outmatches his aim and the slug hurtles forward toward BRANNON-B's expectant chest but rising fast all the time. By the time it reaches the smug DCOD official the PlastiSteel [sup]c[/sup] bullet has drifted high above BRANNON-B's head to strike the very top of the wall (more destruction of official property his list of crimes against the computer grows by the moment).
This time however our intrepid troubleshooters strike back. First a rather large hole appears in the centre of CLINT-O's chest, then his face is liberaly coated in EasyClean [sup]c[/sup] fire extinguishing foam. FRANCINE-B showing her ability to act in a crisis throws herself floorward where she immediately covers her head with her arms. From her PDC the mettalic voice speaks in that annoying sickly tone accompanied by a rather bland peice of music, "ATTENTION CITIZEN. YOUR REPORT HAS BEEN RECIEVED AND A TEAM HAS BEEN DISPATCHED TO YOUR LOCATION. PLEASE AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. HAVE A NICE DAY"
OOC:   Ola is free to act at any stage  
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-So, can we get now the weapons, commander?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:   :D AWESOME  
Rob-B-RAE-1 doesn't wait for an invitation, he walks into the ARMORY'R'US and looks for his correctly assigned equipment.
TVblog

Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

With a pained expression of suprise (it wasn't quite this way in the old vids) CLINT-O drops the cone rifle and falls to the floor, the soles of his highly polished military style boots mere inches from where OLA-B's foam covered head, face upward, lies. Spitting foam bubbles in all directions OLA-B says, "Spit, spit bubble, bubble, Spit &%£*" which roughly translated means,
"So, can we get now the weapons, commander?"

Meanwhile having finished his discharge with a flourish, ROB-B walks, nay skips, in child like wonder into the stocked DCODAD.
His eyes radiate pure joy, never has he seen so much equipment.

On the shelves there are;
Multiple suits of ArmourAll [sup]c[/sup] ballistic defence armour
Racks of Cone rifles
Boxes of HEAT cone rifle shells and napalm projectiles
At least 15 flamethrower units
Grenades (lots and lots of grenades)
A single (rare) force sword (of the humming variety)
One Secur-O-Mat [sup]c[/sup] Combot with stereo upgrade and wing mirrors
- Anais Nin

Return to “Paranoia”