Null Mission

You are busy working your cycle loyally in your assigned service firm departments.
Suddenly your PDCs are bleeping loudly calling for your immediate attention. With a well drilled precision (or fear of consequences) you stop what you are doing and give your PDC your undivided attention*.

+++ATTENTION CITIZEN, YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED…

Ah PARANOIA (or as the commies might say PARANOIA)…

*Failure to close the thermo-nuclear coupling struts in section Delta four-0 results in the loss of over a thousand technicians. A security team has been dispatched to find the commie/mutant, traitor responsible…

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Null Mission

Post by Priest »

'Clones of the Dispossessed'

You’re all working loyally in your assigned service firms. Things are tough – there was a computer glitch a few hours ago that wiped out half the daycycle’s data, so now you’re struggling to catch up with your daily fun challenge quotas. Of course, you’re not unhappy with this at all, as you are overjoyed to serve The Computer even in the face of whatever Commie sabotage caused that glitch!
Suddenly, your PDC’s bleep loudly and a message scrolls across the screens.

+++ATTENTION CITIZEN. YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO THE DEPARTMENT OF COMPLEX OPERATIONAL DEFENCE, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS A PERMANENT TRANSFER. YOUARE PROMOTED ONE SECURITY CLEARANCE LEVEL AND GRANTED DCOD-ALPHA CLEARANCE, ALSO EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. REPORT TO CORRIDOR T-39A IMMEDIATELY FOR YOUR NEW SERVICE FIRM ASSIGNMENT WITHIN DCOD.
THIS MESSAGE IS CLASSIFIED DCOD-ALPHA. ANY DISCLOSURE OF THIS INFORMATION TO CITIZENS WITHOUT DCOD-ALPHA CLEARANCE IS TREASON.+++

A cheery jingle plays at the end of the message and a strange logo is displayed on the PDC screen – something called the Department of Complex Operational Defence.
Instantly you feel an itch between your shoulder blades as you become aware of many eyes attempting to read the message over your shoulder. Still bathing in the glow of the hatred, envy and general dislike of your former service firm colleagues, you quickly clear your desk and head towards the assigned briefing room…

Corridor T-39A is crowded with other citizens, all carrying boxes of files, papers, Teela-O mugs, grenades and other personal effects. It seems they may have been transferred to the new DCOD too. A printout of the new group’s logo is stuck to the wall,
next to another printout declaring that.

++++ CORRIDOR T-39A IS NOW SECURED BY DCOD. ALL TRESPASSERS ARE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS MESSAGE :D ++++

Around you the crowd mills like leaderless sheepobots with no-one seeming to have the faintest idea as to what is going on. The smell of fear and personal odour is omnipresent.
Several briefing room doors lead off from the corridor; there are little red lights above each door, indicating that it is currently occupied.
A lone Jackobot marches back and forth through the crowd, endlessly repeating the phrase ‘all our briefing officers are currently busy, please wait. Your briefing is important to us; please stay in the waiting zone until a briefing officer becomes available. Attempting to leave the queue or change your place in the queue without authorization is treason. Repeat; All our briefing officers are currently busy…’
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Null Mission

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Rob-O-RAE-1 stands with a card board box containing his life's belongingd. Waiting. Waiting for one of the doors to open, happilly assure that his nane will be next. Or....the next after. Hoping it has not been announced allready. Could it?

"I am next in line!" Rob shouts out at the hooligans around him. "Happy to be here!" He squints and thinks to himself, "R".
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by TheVaultTech »

Francine-O-CAN closes her eyes, spins in circles, and points her finger out at random. She goes in that general direction for 17.635 secondcycles and begins talking to a RED clone, "Hello, have you heard the word of the Computer?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brannon-R-CDC-1 smiles, though nobody can see it beneath his surgical mask. However, that has a smile painted onto it. "I will gladly wait!" he shouts. "I enjoy waiting so much!" He turns his head to look at Francine. "Yes, I have heard the word of the Computer. I love it when the Computer talks to me! It fills me with such joy!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Ola-R-WRM-1 is in the line, trying to look at all those people near her.
-I'm so happy that the computer have chosen me! And I'm also happy of waiting here for the officer!
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

At FRANCINE-R-CAN-1’s question, despite the noisy riotous assembly, possibly a dozen red overalled figures turn toward her. As BRANNON-R-CDC-1, eyes seemingly made larger by the SynthiPlast AntiGerm Defense Mask carefully arranged to cover mouth, nose and ears, answers, his voice a hushed reverence, possibly an effect of the mask. One of the many disturbed clones raises a finger to her lips, “Do be quiet or we may miss our name being called” her remark is followed by an ear splitting crescendo of ‘shushing’ as the entire assemblage seems to bid you to silence.

Suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, one of the briefing room doors opens and a huge grin emerges, followed shortly by its owner.
‘I’ve been promoted to BLUE’, she shouts, ‘they’re filling positions first-come, first-promoted! I’m BLUE!’ The citizen flashes her newly updated ME card at BRANNON-R, who had obviously made himself a target by excessive exuberence, showing that she is Kelly-B-ALD-1, indeed, newly promoted to the exalted ranks of BLUE.
‘You! Lick my boots! Obey the BLUE and lick my boots, citizen!’
Brannon-R,dependant upon your description of how you comply with this order, you may, possibly, gain a perversity point. Tip - be amusing.
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

As everyone concentrates on the humiliation of Brannon-R and his atempt to deal with it, OLA-R-WRM-1, looking somewhat aghast one hand raised to her mouth in horror, points toward the citizen in front of her in the queu...
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"What do you think, friends. I mean, that´s my task, as Thought Surveyor. When served, what would be the logical outcome? Green or Indigo? I say the next promotion will be Indigo."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-My multicorder has vanished! It's impossible! It was with me a minute ago! How can that have hapen? Maybe I droped it? No, it would be here in the floor! So maybe it was a mutant comunist traitor with invisible powers that have stolen it and I didn't notice? Yes, it must have been that! In that case I will never see it again! Unless it wasn't an invisible comunist mutant traitor but just a mutant comunist traitor that have stolen it and now is all happy with it! I must recover it quick! We must find before the mutant traitor use my multicorder to some nepharious plan of destruction! That reminds me once, when I was with the other girls taking a shower and our cloths all vanished! We discovered latter that it had been the boys who were mutant traitors comunist and had stolen our cloths and luckily they were executed before they would make any other terrible plan! But I digress, I must find my multicorder quick somewhere here and I must look! Help me quick, please!
TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

Francine-R notes that she was shushed by dozens of Commie Mutant Traitors, and that there is an awful lack of bootlicking going on on the end of her peers
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Seeing the traitorous incapacity to keep her belongings clean and ready decides to announce an equipment inventory, "Now, we need to inventory assigned equipment from friend COMPUTER:" Rob starts to line his gear up, acknowledging the existence of every item with a loud "Check!"
TVblog

Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

With a shrill scream, worthy of any of the 'Fright Night' HoloVids repeatedly shown on Channel KVC3178BD157, OLA-R points a quavering finger at the citizen before her in the queu. A multicorder and a roll of old three colour comics can clearly be seen protruding from the top of his rear pocket.
Instanly a small group of heavilly armed IntSec personel arrive, from the set of their mouths, clearly seen below the black visors of their issue AntiBalistic helmets, they would relish the opportunity to use the various weaponry they are covered in.
"Trouble citizen?"
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Yes! My multicorder has vanished a minute ago, no doubt stolen by a mutant traitor comunist and now this fellow citizen has found them in the pockets of that traitor comunist mutant along several other objects!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ma'am, yes ma'am!" barks Brannon, snapping his hand up to his forehead in an impressive salute that leaves it vibrating. With his other hand, he takes out a small round object made of a latex-like substance from his collection of cleaning supplies. "This will keep my tongue from getting germs on your nice clean boots!" He tries to open his mouth and stick his tongue out, briefly forgetting that he is wearing the SynthiPlast AntiGerm Defense Mask. Reluctantly, he lowers it. Then he sticks out his tongue and wraps the sheath around it. He kneels down in front of Kelly-B and proceeds to lick her boots with his protected tongue. Once he has finished, he rises again. "Your booth are licked ath ordered, Thitithen!" he says, his tongue still extended.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Charles_Bortolo
Layman
Layman

Post by Charles_Bortolo »

Slowly *sniff* and *yawwwwwns* sluggishly comes Monty-R from out of the crowd
"Unnghn what's all this about?"
He says to no one in particular. Drowsily scratching his head as he looks around the area.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

The newly appointed BLUE stands, hands on hips, for a moment admiring the saliva smear free cleanliness of her boots. For a split second she favours her victim, BRANNON-R with a superior smile (the kind a small child might show before treading on an insignificant bug), she skips off down the corridor leaving the aforesaid victim, tongue still extended, standing idiot like in her dust. The last thing you hear from KELLY-B-ALD-1 is her speaking to a friend (yes she has one) over her PDC gloating about her promotion.

The IntSec troopers, or at least their team leader, eyes, possibly, although through the opaque visor it is difficult to tell, the accusing OLA-R and turns to the unsuspecting citizen that she is indicating. Even through his visor the articles can be clearly seen protruding from his overalls pocket.
“CITIZEN!” he shouts his voice betraying a hint of loud speaker enhancement, “YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF A CODE 43ALPHA/777. PLEASE REMOVE THE ARTICLES FROM YOUR POCKET. PLACE THEM ON THE FLOOR AND STEP AWAY FROM THE OTHER CITIZENS. AT LEAST THREE FEET”
The target of the IntSec team leaders violent, eardrum shattering, outburst, slowly checks his rear pocket and withdraws a pink coloured multicorder covered with various advertising slogan stickers and two rolled up copies of some Old Reckoning comic books, which ROB-R seems to vaguely recognize as being previously inside his box of personal effects that he had carried with him to this assignement. Beads of sweat liberally cascading down his face the criminal, identified by the tag on his overalls breast as, WILL-R-IDY-1, carefully, his face a mix of terror and confusion, places them on the floor as indicated and slowly steps the required distance from the crowd, who seem torn between the desire to move as far away again, and maintain their positions in the queue.

“Oh dear…” mutters the distraught WILL-R. “TROOPERS DO YOUR DUTY!” shouts the team leader. And without further ado the unfortunate WILL-R is erased from existence (Although a remaining boot above which a curl of white smoke drifts towards the extractor fans set high in the ceiling and a smudge of black soot attest to the intensity of his final moment).
“CITIZEN!” Yells the team leader throwing a hand helmet bound in a crisp military style salute, “I HOPE YOU HAVE FOUND THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY THIS INTSEC SQUAD TO YOUR SATISFACTION?” Again the salute as he spins on his heels and with a jolly cry of “HUP, ONE TWO” he and his squad disappear at a run into the crowd toward the distant scream of a fire alarm klaxon.

There is a moment of silence, broken only by a sleepy voice, "Unnghn what's all this about?" Then the light above the briefing room just exited by KELLY-B switches to green and the crowd surges towards the door…
OOC:   Everyone please roll a d20 adding any perversity points you may have, an dwish to spend, to your total or using them to reduce a rivals total (they're not called 'Perversity Points' for nothing) to see who gets to the door first. Please let me have the results plus or minus perversity point use, and mentioning any other skill you might feel appropriate in this situation (ie, scratching, biting, kicking etc) by PM.  
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Seeing the comics man go up in smoke makes Rob stumble to a start for the door.
TVblog

TheVaultTech
Keeper
Keeper

Post by TheVaultTech »

Francine-R climbs on top of her rivals and uses their heads as flooring to run on to the door, before crashing down and trying to run into the door, all the while yelling, "I have been given the divine right by the Computer to enter first, heathens!"
[dice]0[/dice]
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Seeing Francine attempting to step on his head, Rob sidesteps and stoops. "There´s my mag!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brannon races for the door as soon as the green light goes on.
OOC,1d20+1 (1 Perversity Point spent) [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Paranoia”