Under the Pyramids

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Under the Pyramids

Post by Tabs »

No successes for the Cursed Agnes who rolled (above) Lore 4 +1[Arcane Scholar] and a reroll, she also has:

Arcane Scroll--add 1 to 1 die result; Erich Weiss--roll 1 additional die; Lucky Ring--reroll 1 die; Lucky Talisman--reroll all dice.

God it's complicated! I think use Lucky Talisman to reroll 6d6 (Lore 4 +1[Scholar] +1[Erich]), then add 1[Scroll], and reroll 1 die[Ring].

Edit: I think one can reroll a die once only, so forget about the Ring; anyway Agnes got 2 successes.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 11 Mythos Phase
Finn finds himself drawn back to the bent pyramid, which he sees has changed drastically.
OOC,The Cultist causes us to each lose 1 Health [b]or[/b] 1 Sanity, not both. We can choose whatever is better. In my case, I'll lose the Health, as I'll get it back from Resting anyway and I can't recover Sanity here. If [b]Charlie[/b] is still defeated, he should probably be moved to Alexandria instead, as there are no monsters there to guard him. [b]Finn[/b] moves to the Bent Pyramid. Roll for Dark Pact: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Great news about the Cultist's Reckoning. Charlie is still with us.  
Enchant Weapon flipped 1-2: The magic draws its power from your blood. Lose 1 Health.

Gate: Tunguska green and ImageImage

Text effect: Fire Vampire should be in Arkham and not London as I previously said.

ImageImage

Mystery solved; 3rd Mystery: Image
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Action Phase, The Bent Pyramid

Action 1: Travel to The Sahara Desert.

Action 2: Focus

Charlie tossed and turned, and again, until, in the dark watches of the night, he sat up; hot, aching and wide awake--he had had a nightmare of epic proportions. The wailing seemed to reverberate in his head . . . but his foot was in agony. A lantern beside the tent pole, its glass, was broken from where he had lashed out in his feverish sleep. "I'm finished," he thought grimly, clutching his chest above his palpitating heart, "please,"--his eyes implored upwards to a heaven he did not believe in--"allow me to gather a clue about the Dark Pharaoh."
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 12 Action Phase - London

Staring into the Shining Trapezohedron, Agnes could feel the presence of the alien mind. A droning sound bit into her soul as it tried to burrow deep into her psyche to take control. Agnes mentally recited the Chant of Yig and she could feel the alien mind being shredded to pieces. It cried out and was gone.

1) Use Shining Trapezohedron on Shan in Cairo
[dice]0[/dice]
Shan Discarded

2) Move to Rome
Use Ship ticket to move to Space 10
Free Move to Sahara Desert
Last edited by Quatermass on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

The Shan was shredded. "Thank you, Miss Baker."

Turn 12 Action Phase, Tel el-Amarna

Action 1: Focus

Free action: move to Cairo.

Action 2: use ability, Cultist defeated.

Mark arrived in the city mentally weak but still ready for a fight. He strolled through a tourist market, its tables covered by gimcrack odds and ends: gaudily painted wood scarabs and the like, and two robed figures tailed him. In an alley one laughed loudly like the retard he probably was. "He's almost awake," he called to Mark, jeering; "the Dark Pharaoh will be among us soon. Oh, the joy! I'm so happy!" Mark punched him so hard his beaky nose crumpled, shooting slithers of cartilage into his decayed brain. The cultist dropped to the cobbles. Mark shook his hand; he had broken a finger, but it had been worth it. The second figure threw back his cloak, "Let's finish this," and tapped his cane impatiently.
OOC:   Quatermass, Agnes was in London. Using her Ship Ticket she can Travel to space 10, and from here it's a free action to The Sahara Desert. Also, with Finn as Lead Investigator, she attempts the Research Encounter before Charlie.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 12 Action Phase
Finn and Ruby make their way to Alexandria in the hopes of finding out more about what's going on here, where they check into a hotel and stay overnight.
OOC,Free Action: Move: Bent Pyramid->Alexandria Action 1: Focus. 1 Focus gained. Action 2: Rest. 2 Health gained. Will check (Will 3 - 1[Canopic Jar] = 2 dice) with the Canopic Jar: [dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice] No effect from Canopic Jar.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Encounter Phase, Cairo

ImageImage

Horror test (Will 4 +1[Isis]) [dice]0[/dice]

Image gain 1 Focus.

Combat test (Strength 4 -1 +2[Arcane Blade] +1(die)[.32]) [dice]1[/dice]

Mark is not phased by the man's swirling iris. He drew the arcane blade out from where it was concealed inside his trouser leg and cocked the revolver. The man's eyes widen perceptibly, and his mouth, too, when Mark rammed the blade's point into his guts.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 12 Encounter Phase - Sahara Desert

Lore Check 5 - 1
[dice]0[/dice]
Gain 1 Clue

Place Clue on Mystery
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Encounter Phase, Cairo

. . . for a fair price . . . (Influence 2 -1 +1[Isis]) [dice]0[/dice] reroll 1 die[Isis] [dice]1[/dice] spend 1 Focus [dice]2[/dice] spend 2nd Focus [dice]3[/dice]

Oh, crapola, and impair Lore.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 12 Encounter Phase
Finn and Ruby head for the local library to research the Black Pharaoh. While it is nowhere near as majestic or well-stocked as the long gone Great Library of Alexandria, it has an ample selection. Unfortunately, the ancient Egyptians went to great efforts to erase all records of the Black Pharaoh from history. However, Finn manages to find an obscure reference.
OOC,Observation roll (3 - 1[Location Encounter] = 2 dice), Research Encounter in Alexandria: [dice]0[/dice] Clue gained and placed on the Mystery, the second of four. Eldritch token placed on Know Thy Enemy. Know Thy Enemy flipped, because I may never get another chance. I just hope a fourth Clue spawns somewhere, but there's only one green Mythos card left. It might have been better had someone stayed in London. No matter where it pops up, I could try using my Artifact to instantly travel to it. Either that, or maybe Know Thy Enemy will advance the Mystery.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Encounter Phase, The Sahara Desert

General (Wilderness)

Your map is gone, and you must navigate based on your own observations (Observation 3) [dice]0[/dice] spend 1 Focus [dice]1[/dice] **exhales and rolls eyes** If you fail, you travel in circles; you become Delayed and gain a Madness Condition.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: blue (right hand-side)

Reckoning effects: Monsters on game board, Mi-go flies to Cairo and discards the Clue :!: , Fire Vampire flies to Rome, Zombie Horde [dice]0[/dice]--no effect.

Eldritch tokens on Ancient One sheet 3.

Move toward The Bent Pyramid or lose 1 Sanity. Mark moves to The Bent Pyramid, Charlie moves to Alexandria.

Possessions and Conditions:

Voice of Ra, test Lore 2 +1[Isis] [dice]1[/dice] 0: You hear the voice in you head at all times. Lose 1 Sanity and gain a Madness Condition unless you discard this card. Easy choice, discarded.

Markings of Isis, test Lore 2 -1 +2[Arcane Blade] [dice]2[/dice] 1:The markings are a constant drain on your mind. Lose 1 Sanity.

Mark is defeated; Doom advances by 1 (Eldritch tokens 3 down to 2). Mark moved to Alexandria.

Rules say that after the Ancient One awakens a defeated player is eliminated, so I take that to mean Mark and his possessions are zapped.

Hey! With me gone the number of players are three? . . . and take a look at the Mythos card's text effect.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 12 Mythos Phase
Finn and Ruby are drawn back to the bent pyramid again, where they encounter John Stock behind a dune, observing the pyramid with binoculars. "Ah, there you are, old chap," he says. "I was wondering when you'd show up."

"I'm here," says Finn. "I'm just not sure what we can do. What's the plan?"

"Well, we've been studying this lot for some time now, but we're still missing a few bits ourselves. How about we pool our information?"

Finn peers behind John. "We? I only see you."

"I'm just the point man. The others are back a ways. I can introduce you to them, but you'll have to pay your dues if you want to join our organisation."

"Done."

John shakes his hand. "Then welcome to the club. Come with me, both of you." He leads them back to his group''s base camp, where he introduces them to several legendary British secret agents, including Mr. Horse, Mrs. Rind, Mike Croft-Holmes, and numerous others. "This one's for all the marbles, so we've brought out our best. Now, let's compare notes."
OOC,[b]Finn[/b] moves to the Bent Pyramid. Roll for Dark Pact: [dice]0[/dice] Agreement gained. Mystery advanced. Phew! That was close! I noticed that about the Mythos text. I'll definitely take that Agreement to advance the Mystery. I'd want to verify that player elimination actually reduces the number of players, but if so, we solve the Mystery this turn and actually have a chance to win! 8-)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 11 Mythos Phase

Reckoning: Lose 1 Sanity to stay in Sahara Desert

[dice]0[/dice]
Cursed Discarded

[dice]1[/dice]
One Reroll
[dice]2[/dice]
4 Successes
Last edited by Quatermass on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Enchant Weapon flipped, 3+: Your weapons ripple with arcane power. No additional effect.
OOC:   N.B. The Rules Reference says that an investigator may reroll a die any number of times, this corrects what I said earlier.

It's a damn shame that Mark didn't pass the test and place a Clue on the Mystery.  

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

Amnesia flipped, Forgotten Talents: impair Lore, Influence and Will, then discard the card.

Turn 12 Mythos Phase continued

Gate: Shanghai (red) and Cultist.

Text effect: Finn gains an Agreement Condition to advance the Mystery (2 up to 3 [4 Clues required]).
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 13 Action Phase, Alexandria

Charlie is stuck in the city. The sands of time are running out; he imagines a few grains left in an hour glass, the grains teetering on the edge of an abyss with the Dark Pharaoh in the background, who is waiting expectantly to ascend his throne. "Oh, God!" he thinks, and takes another swig at the infernal plonk he bought at a market; his head is already starting to ache.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 12 Action Phase - Sahara Desert

Free move to Space 10

1) Use Shining Trapezohedron on Fire Vampire in Rome.
[dice]0[/dice]
Fire Vampire moves to Space 10

2) Move to Rome
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 13 Action Phase
After learning all they can from the spies, Finn and Ruby return to Alexandria to search for anything that might be of use against the Black Pharaoh, knowing that time is running out. They find nothing to spend all their money on but some fancy clothing. Since money is not likely to be useful for much longer, they buy what they can. Soon Finn is sporting an expensive tuxedo and Ruby buys herself a black designer dress. Then they venture out into the desert to follow up on a lead about a rift between worlds.
OOC,Free Action: Move: Bent Pyramid->Alexandria Action 1: Acquire Assets: Influence roll (3 dice): [dice]0[/dice] Funding discarded instead of gaining a Debt Condition to get two successes. Fine Clothes Acquired. Not likely to be useful, but maybe something good will replace it in the Reserve for someone else. Action 2: Travel:Alexandria->The Sahara Desert
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 13 Encounter Phase, Alexandria

The police ask for help . . . (Observation 3) [dice]0[/dice] If you fail discard 1 Ally Asset.

Return to “Eldritch Horror”