Under the Pyramids

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Under the Pyramids

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Mythos Phase continued.

Gate: The Sahara Desert [red sun] and Werewolf ImageImage

Text effect: Jacqueline must decide if she wants to keep Flesh Ward.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 2 Mythos Phase.
Jacqueline was broke and hungry as she wandered the streets. She tried her hand at reading a few fortunes but could hardly make enough for a room over her head and a few slices of cured ham. Then an angel of a man it seemed took pity on her. He offered Jacqueline his own lunch in exchange for a palm reading on the corner of 2nd and Ware. Jacqueline saw what seemed to be a gun in his pocket but thought nothing of it at the time. She lied and gave the man a positive reading, saying he’d have many children and would die a wealthy man.

Jacqueline spent the next few hours wretching in a back alley and it now appeared as though her angel was a devil in disguise. Hearing that Jacqueline had fled San Francisco owing a substantial debt to the local mob they had ordered a hit on poor Jacqueline. It was lucky that Jacqueline was conserving her food stores and only had eaten half of the sandwich laced with rat poison.

Jacqueline wished she had told the hitman his true palm reading. He would be dead within the year.

HA!

BLAAAAAARGH!!!! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!!

In her weakened condition, Jacqueline suddenly found herself walking towards some temple floating contemptuously between the crevices of the insane.

Spoiler:
Jacqueline loses Flesh ward and moves to Space 8 towards Bent Pyramid. Jacqueline gains poisoned again.
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 3 Action Phase

After waking from a peculiar dream and an intense walk through the wilderness towards some bizarre looking temple in her mind, Jacqueline makes her way back to the city.

She had two faces held firmly in her mind’s eye and she was rather looking forward to meet them. Two rather scholarly looking gentlemen waited for her at a coffee shop on 42nd street. Why? Better not to ask these sorts of questions after a blind forced march through the goo that barely keeps time, space and sanity from breaking apart at the seams.

She greets the two men with a light nod and a courteous smile.

Mr. Rex Murphy and Mr Harvey Walters I presume?

She orders a cup of tea and then looks around to the various shops surrounding the café. She spots a pub and sighs with relief.

A sign with the name “The Blind Baboon” hangs over the door.

A pleasure to meet you gentlemen. My name is Jacqueline and I believe we should settle our bill and move to the pub across the street. I’m sure the coffee they serve is excellent here but after the last few days I’ve had, I am certain you would not object to a few pints… or perhaps even a few fingers of whiskey at the Blind Baboon would you?

Spoiler:
Action 1 - Jacqueline moves to space 7 for the big party.
Action 2 - Jacqueline Rests so she can flip her poisoned card
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Action Phase
Harvey is shocked to see that his disease has caused his arms and face to be covered in unsightly blotches. The ship's crew avoids him like the plague (which he thinks he may in fact have). Eventually it returns to Panama City, where he seeks out medical attention, but the doctors still can't do anything for him. Finally, he meets Jacqueline Fine and Rex Murphy in a local coffeehouse.

"Yes, I'm Professor Harvey Walters," he says by way of introduction. He tells them about his recent expedition and his discoveries, showing them the trapezohedron. "This artifact is essential for defeating the thing that's haunting Arkham. I'd take care of it myself were I younger and healthier."
OOC,Action 1: Travel: 8->7 Action 2: Rest Roll to see if Diseased gets discarded (5 or 6): [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Mythos Phase

2nd Gate: The Pyramids ImageImage
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 3 Action Phase - Space 7

Rex woke up in a hotel room. The windows were open and a warm breeze that smelled of the sea blew in. "Where was I, what happened?" He thought. There was blood on the front of his shirt. Hopeful it was his own. "Rexy? Wake up." said his mother. She was sitting at the end of his bed. She handed him a glass of water and Rex took a deep drink. "Mom? What are you doing here?" His mind was still clouded from what ever was happening to him. She stood up and looked out the window. It didn't smell like San Francisco. It smelled.....tropical... She looked back at him. "Your friends are outside shouldn't you go out and play." Rex shook his head and took another deep drink of water. "Mom...shouldn't you be.....dead..." Rex looked back at the window. His mom wasn't there anymore. Rex picked up the phone and called the front desk. After a short conversation he hung up. "How the hell did he get to Panama City?" he thought.

1)Acquire Assets using Special Ability
ImageImage

2)Gain Ship Ticket
Last edited by Quatermass on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 3 Action Phase - Poison Roll Lore Check
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] - Lore check to discard Flipped poisoned card. - Pass - Finally!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Mythos Phase

Mandy sinks to the rock cut floor of the pit and carefully touches her temple, which she struck when she fell. It is already swollen, and the splitting headache--an image of her wild excess fuelled by champagne, Armistice 1918, flits through her pounding brain; "Oh God! my head," she moans.

Turn 3 Action Phase

She lies down outside the cave upon a bower, cradled by moss and bracken, with Sergei attentively boiling water or dabbing at her skull with some awful rag, but Mandy is too poorly to care. She closes her eyes.

ImageImage

Action 1: Rest, flip Poisoned Condition ". . . you are haunted by terrifying visions" Will -1 [dice]0[/dice]

:)

Action 2: Travel to space 16.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 3 Encounter Phase.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] - Influence check for a weapon. - Pass! Nice!!
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Encounter Phase 3

Will -1
[dice]0[/dice]

Reroll with Lucky Talisman
[dice]1[/dice]

Luck Talisman saves the day again! Regain 2 Sanity. Sanity goes from 6 to 7.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Encounter Phase
Harvey leads the group to a travelers' club in the Panama Canal Zone and introduces himself. "I just returned from a successful expedition to Argentina, where I unearthed this," he says to the club's representative, showing him the Shining Trapezohedron.

His eyes go wide. "That is most impressive," he says. "Your reputation precedes you, Professor. A traveler of your reputation and standing is of course welcome to join our club! In fact, the honor would be ours. We would be happy to defray your travel expenses."
OOC,Influence -1 roll (Influence 2 - 1[Impairment] -1[Encounter] = 1 die minimum) to get assistance from travelers' club: [dice]0[/dice] Woohoo! 8-) Ship Ticket and Train Ticket acquired!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Encounter Phase, space 16

Mandy enters Nadym, a city in north USSR, riding a stunted horse, which has carried he across countless miles of tundra. She heads straight for the local reference library to research disappearances. The rumor, Faded From Society, is getting worse, the library's admin staff barely pay her any attention when she requests a few hours leafing through their archives.

". . . research similar occurrences from the past" Observation 4 [dice]0[/dice]

She learns about a Russian folk tale where children go missing.

Spend 2 Clues to solve this Rumor.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Mythos Phase

Advance Omen: red sun; Doom advances by 2 (12 down to 10).

Reckoning effects: Monsters on game board

ImageImage

Mandy gains Image Jacqueline looks at its back Image and gains a Clue.

ImageImage

Question: Werewolf is local to space 10, so does it move to space 8? Hmmm, but the map Legend says local paths are used during the Action Phase?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd guess it would move to Space 8, but you might want to check on BoardGameGeek to make sure.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Mythos Phase 3

Burden of Greed
Discard
ImageImage

Lose 3 Health!!

Ancient One Reckoning: Move to space 8.

[dice]0[/dice]
No Successes and Flip

[dice]1[/dice]
Discard Cursed
Gain 1 Clue
Gain Cursed Condition

[dice]2[/dice]
No Successes
Flip Hallucinations
Last edited by Quatermass on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Mythos Phase continued.

Werewolf to space 8.

Ancient One reckoning: Move toward The Bent Pyramid or lose 1 Sanity.

Mandy stays on space 16 and loses 1 Sanity.

Strength [dice]0[/dice] Image

@Quatermass, good news . . . only 3 of Rex's 5 Assets are Items. Rex rolls for Cursed, Hallucinations and Astral Travel.

@Mr. Handy, Harvey rolls for Diseased.

Gates: Rome ImageImage and London ImageImage
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 3 Mythos Phase
Spoiler:
Jacqueline keeps her item and looses 1 Health. And gains 1 clue due to conditions gained by allies.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Mythos Phase
"On the other hand," says Harvey, "I still have some fight in me. If I were properly armed, I'd have a chance. I'm an old man and have lived my life, and you are young with many years ahead of you. Besides, I'm very ill and may be dying anyway."
OOC,Strength - 1 roll (3 - 1 = 2 dice) to withstand Diseased: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Harvey[/b] moves from 7 to 8. He keeps both of his Items and loses 2 Health.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@Quatermass, Image

Different Cursed Condition drawn.

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Action Turn 4 - Space 8

In a warehouse in Havana, Rex and Harvey Walters looked over several crates. A large Taíno man stood in the background. He looked around as if he was expecting trouble. "Here you go Harvey. Everything you wanted and more. Explosives, guns, and...." Rex picked up the ancient looking spear. "The Spear of Roland. I had to pull a few strings to get this." Rex thought he heard something and quickly turned around to look in a dark corner of the warehouse. Nothing was there. "Damn, sorry, I thought I saw something." Rex had been seeing strange things lately and he was jumpy. Rex motioned to the large native. "Guando, will go with you. If your are going to Arkham, you will need someone to watch your back. Good Luck and God's speed."

1)Acquire Assets using Special Ability
ImageImage

2) Trade with Harvey Walters
ImageImageImage ImageImage
Last edited by Quatermass on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Eldritch Horror”