Under the Pyramids

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Under the Pyramids

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10 Action Phase, Rome

Action 1: Acquire Assets (Influence 4 +1[P.A.]) [dice]0[/dice] and 1 reroll [dice]1[/dice]

Image use ability and send to Agnes.

Action 2: Travel to The Pyramids

Follow Local path to . . .

My dear Miss Baker, please accept this little token of my esteem, yours C. Kane.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 10 Action Phase
Ruby heads into nearby Cairo while Finn rests and recovers from his sudden turn for the worse. She comes back with a medical book that she "acquired," which she uses to nurse him back to health. Then the two of them venture into Cairo together.
OOC,Action 1: Cat Burglar Component Action: [dice]0[/dice] Medical Journal gained (unless whatever replaces the Lucky Ring is better for me). Action 2: Rest. 2 Health and 1 Sanity gained. Free Action: Move to Cairo.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10 Action Phase, Tel el-Amarna

Action 1: Rest, gain 1 Health and Sanity. Image

. . . the spirits of the dead whisper to you (Will 4 -1) [dice]0[/dice]--improve Lore (+2) and flip card.

Mark plays with the Canopic Jar until it comes apart, a smaller jar is inside: Like one of those Russian dolls. He receives a mental jolt, it seems to fill his mind with arcane symbols . . . which he comprehends. "I think that my mind is sated with as much of this stuff as I can stomach," he mutters, feeling the urge to belch--Whiskey?, "this jar needs to be given to someone else."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10 Encounter Phase, Tel el-Amarna

. . . is sacrificing a ram (Observation 3) [dice]0[/dice]--1 Clue spawned on The Bent Pyramid.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10 Encounter Phase, Tel el-Amarna

. . . horrified by a vision . . . (Will 4) [dice]0[/dice]--what? I was so sure I'd gain 1 Clue.

Mark clutches at his head, his mind blasted by the abominable words of Yakthoob and his pupil.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 10 Encounter Phase - Arkham

Encounter Rex Murphy
-Acquire all his belongings

-Perform Exorcism - Will Test
[dice]0[/dice]

Retreat Doom by 3!!
Gain Cursed Condition
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 10 Encounter Phase
In the seedy back alleys of Cairo, Finn bumps into another robed man. He quickly whips out his book, opens it to the proper page, and shouts "Kee Oth Ram-oof!" The cultist punches him in the kidney and runs away while he crumples against the wall.
OOC,Nicely done on retreating Doom! I had a feeling we'd fail to solve the Mystery again. These delays are killing us. Horror check (Will 3 = 3 dice), encountering Cultist: [dice]0[/dice] Fight check (Lore 2 - 1 = 1 die), encountering Cultist: [dice]1[/dice] 1 Health lost.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10 Mythos Phase

Advance Omen: green; Doom advances by 2 (5 down to 3).

Monster Surge (x2): San Francisco ImageImageImageImage, Cairo ImageImageImageImage

Clues spawned at space 3 and London.

Text effect: advance Omen: blue
; Doom advances by 1 (3 down to 2).
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Action Phase, Tel el-Amarna

Action 1: Rest

Action 2: Image impair Lore to gain 1 Glamour Spell Image and flip Cursed Tablet.

Mr. Kane wiped his brow, and then studied his, formerly, white linen handkerchief; it was smeared grey with sweat. He loosened his tie and undid his top button: This is no place for serge suits. He flipped the disc shaped tablet over and over:

"You look hot!" said a lady with long flaxen hair.

Charlie hurriedly stood up, puffing. "Sweltered--I mean, it's sweltering, I'm sweltering."

"Mr. Charlie Kane, I presume?" She slid her arm through his. This is my lucky day, thought Charlie.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 11 Action Phase - Arkham

1) Gain One Ship Ticket

2) Move to London
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Action Phase, Tel el-Amarna

Action 1: Rest

Action 2: Trade with Charlie Kane, Markings of Isis, Mask of the Watcher, Arcane Blade and Voice of Ra for .45 Colt Revolver.

He would never replace his wife, Sophie, or even look at another woman thought Mark, but nature will out. When he met with the middle-aged, balding, sweaty man and his attractive companion, well, he could not help himself but to furtively check out her face, her figure. And when she spoke, Mark knew he must have her.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 11 Action Phase
When Finn and Ruby return to the dig site at Tel el-Amarna, Mark Harrigan gives them the canopic jar he had found earlier. As Finn relaxes in his tent, he thinks he hears the faint voices of spirits whispering from the jar. He opens his mind to them, and it is flooded with arcane knowledge.
OOC,Free Action: Move: Cairo->Tel el-Amarna Action 1: Trade with Mark Harrigan: Canopic Jar acquired. Action 2: Rest. Will check (Will 3 - 1[Canopic Jar] = 2 dice) with the Canopic Jar: [dice]0[/dice] 2 Health gained. Canopic Jar flipped. Lore improved. Canopic Jar flipped.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Encounter Phase, Tel el-Amarna

Charlie inspected the .45 Colt Revolver and then watched the retreating forms of Isis and that soldier guy. He guessed that they are a team, albeit a loose band of international investigators versus Nephren-Ka and should be working together, also he realises that the soldier was twenty years younger than himself, but, even so, it still felt hellish unfair. Charlie dug with his heel into the sand; knock knock is the sound his shoe made as it struck buried stone.

. . . translate cuneiform tablets . . . (Lore 1) [dice]0[/dice]

Gain Image (Now I wish that Isis had stayed with Charlie. :( )
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 11 Encounter Phase - London

Observation Test -1
[dice]0[/dice]
Passed.

Well that Sucked. No Clue!!!!!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 11 Encounter Phase
As Finn and Ruby explore the Labyrinth of Kish, Finn hears another voice in his head. "Puny mortal, you stand no chance against the might of Nephren-Ka," it hisses.

"Wanna bet?" says Finn.

"Wanna bet what?" asks Ruby.

"You need my power if you are to stand a chance of defeating the Black Pharaoh," the voice whispers in Finn's ear. "It's the only way."

"Can't you hear him?" asks Finn.

"Hear who?" asks Ruby, looking around.

"The voice."

"Are you hearing voices?"

"Just one voice."

"Hey, I'm talking to you!" the voice says, shouting now.

"Sorry, I was talking to my friend."

"Pay attention! I'm trying to help you! That book you carry has the power, if you have the knowledge to unlock it. Open it to page 42 and recite the words aloud."

"What will happen if I do that?"

"What will happen if you do what?" asks Ruby.

"Um...I'm trying to hold two conversations at the same time, and it's not working."

"Page 42!" The voice sighs. "Thousands of years of slumber, and the first visitor I get is an easily distracted moron!"

"Sorry." Finn opens the book to the appropriate page. "Look, you'd be distracted too. She's gorgeous."

"Are you talking about me?" asks Ruby, smiling. Finn nods, and she kisses him on the cheek.

"Well, I can't see her," says the voice, "so I'll just have to take your word for it. Now read the words!"

"This won't do anything bad, will it?" asks Finn.

"Uh...no, of course not. Everything will be fine. Trust me."

"Okay..." Finn clears his throat and reads aloud from the book. "Butyrum Lac Surepo Kee Oth Pradium!"

There is a sudden peal of thunder. "Mwahahahaha!"

"What? What was that?"

"Er...nothing. Nothing at all. Carry on."
OOC,Dark Pact gained. Mystery advances by 1 (fourth Eldritch token placed on Mystery). At this point, we're desperate and the game is almost over, so taking the Dark Pact is the best chance of solving the Mystery. Hopefully it won't come due.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Encounter Phase, Tel el-Amarna

Suspicious workers (Observation 2 +1[Isis]) [dice]0[/dice]

Mark double-takes a group of workers in the midst of an excavation. The men are digging in the wrong place according to the survey grid, which is posted on boards throughout the site. "Black Brotherhood!" realised Mark.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11 Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: green; Doom advances 2 (2 down to 0).

Reckoning effects: Monsters on game board: Fire Vampire moves from space 7 to London, Warlock [dice]0[/dice], Mi-go moves to space 3 and Clue discarded, Shan discards Clue at The Bent Pyramid, Zombie spawns into Zombie Horde (image to follow), Cultist: the boys lose 1 Health and 1 Sanity.

To be continued . . .
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Reckoning effects: Nephron-Ka moves each investigator toward The Bent Pyramid or lose 1 Sanity.

Mark and Charlie move to The Bent Pyramid.

Possessions and Conditions:

Voice of Ra (Lore 3 +2[Arcane Blade]) [dice]0[/dice]--oh c'mon! Re-roll 1 die[Isis] [dice]1[/dice] 1: The voice tells you terrible secrets. Lose 1 Sanity.

Markings of Isis (Lore 3 -1 +2[Arcane Blade]) [dice]2[/dice] 1: The markings are a constant drain on your mind. Lose 1 Sanity. (Mark is down to 1 Sanity.)

Infection (Strength 4 +1[Isis]) [dice]3[/dice]

Amnesia (Will 4 +1[Isis]) [dice]4[/dice]

Haunted [dice]5[/dice] flip on 1, 2 or 3.

Image :!: Charlie is defeated. 1 Doom (-1 Eldritch token [3 down to 2]) and Charlie moved to Cairo.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Reckoning: Agnes move to Rome

[dice]1[/dice]
reroll
[dice]2[/dice]
Lucky Talisman Reroll
[dice]3[/dice]
Reroll for Lucky Ring
[dice]4[/dice]
2 Successes

[dice]0[/dice]
Last edited by Quatermass on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Eldritch Horror”