Chat

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Re: Chat

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote: @Quatermass, if, if, you don't succeed at Clairvoyance Spell does Norman want an Arkham or City Encounter?
Arkham please.

NM. I was successful with Clairvoyance spell and will Encounter the Clue in space 4.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sweet! That book is just what I needed!

Yes, this game is off to a great start, and I'm enjoying reading the story too!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Edit: Clairvoyance Spell flipped. 1-2: The visions are clouded and murky. Roll 1 less die when resolving tests during the Research Encounter.

@Norman Withers' Research Encounter, space 4 (Wilderness):

@Charlie Kane's Research Encounter, space 2 (Sea):

Edit: Charlie already has an Agreement Condition, so he can go farther with the captain and gain the Clue, but he will not gain a second Agreement Condition.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

You have come seeking knowledge? the man says in a voice like ages.
@Quatermass, perfect; although I think that the nearest Wilderness space is space 4 itself?

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Nearest from Norman or nearest where I got the clue from?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tabs wrote:
@Charlie Kane's Research Encounter, space 2 (Sea):

Edit: Charlie already has an Agreement Condition, so he can go farther with the captain and gain the Clue, but he will not gain a second Agreement Condition.
So does this mean that I get two clues and ignore the gain Agreement condition. Just trying to fig out how to put it into words. Also, when do I have to roll for my Agreement condition. I'd check the rules myself but I usually post at work.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Yes--gain 2 Clues (1 of them goes to the nearest Wilderness space as an Eldritch token [see Mystery above]) and ignore "gain Agreement Condition."

Roll for an Agreement Condition during the Mythos Phase when a Mythos card has a Reckoning effect symbol. I'll prompt you to do so when needed.
Um, the Clue was on space 4, I think that is where the encounter took place . . . Mr. Handy, what do you think?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Gracias!!
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote:
Um, the Clue was on space 4, I think that is where the encounter took place . . . Mr. Handy, what do you think?
Your most likely right about that. Space 4 it is.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I couldn't find anything on the subject on BGG, but I'd agree that it goes on Space 4. Clairvoyance says to encounter the Clue as if you are on its space.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I used my second Clue token to place an Eldritch token on Wilderness Space 19 I think.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@DSIGFUSS, yes, that's right, space 19.
Nice Gams!!!
Is that a nautical term? :)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Our plans for Turn 3?

@Marie Lambeau, actions: cast Voice of Ra, gain a Ship Ticket, gain a Focus, Travel to space 19; encounter Cultist and put a stop to the ritual.

Who is to be Lead Investigator?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Norman can be first player.

Norman could move to space 4 and face the cultist there or move to London and try and get rid of Relics of Old.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Norman cannot make it to space 4 this turn because its down an uncharted path, he'd have to Travel from Arkham to space 5 first . . . Marie could make it next turn and she has Ritual Dagger (+2) to deal with a Cultist. I think Norman should rid us of Relics of Old--he has decent Observation . . . perhaps Tony could go to London as well, as a backup, if Norman succeeds Tony could have a Mystic Ruins Encounter?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote:Norman cannot make it to space 4 this turn because its down an uncharted path, he'd have to Travel from Arkham to space 5 first . . . Marie could make it next turn and she has Ritual Dagger (+2) to deal with a Cultist. I think Norman should rid us of Relics of Old--he has decent Observation . . . perhaps Tony could go to London as well, as a backup, if Norman succeeds Tony could have a Mystic Ruins Encounter?
That sounds good. Should have looked at the board better. ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

My plan is to take a Focus Action and then Travel to London. I have Observation 4 with Focus to burn, so I'd be best suited to solve the Rumor, in which case maybe I should go first. Norman has Observation 3, so he can try in the event that I fail. If I succeed, he can Encounter the Mystic Ruins or try to spawn a Clue with a London Encounter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

That sounds better, Mr. Handy. Investigator order: Tony, Norman, Charlie and then Marie. I'd suggest that Mr. Handy goes ahead and posts Tony's Action Phase. I'll PM DSIGFUSS to let him know that we're on the Action Phase--it occurred to me that he was waiting on a PM re. Mythos Reckoning. I think Charlie should Travel to Tokyo and Aquire Assets, gain Urban Guide or gain and give Consecration to Norman or Tony.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Charlie rolled poorly for his acquire assets roll so with only one success he will have to acquire police assistance. What monsters are currently on the board?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

According to the Board thread, the only monster is the Giant Penguin in Antarctica, which I believe has a Toughness of 2. I guess it could be arrested. One count of being a giant penguin!

It's only worth taking on Debt if you could get the Urban Guide, but you'd need two successes before you could do that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Eldritch Horror”