Chat

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Re: Chat

Post by Quatermass »

My plan for Norman's turn 2 is to Rest and Feed the Mind on myself. Then use Clairvoyance on the clue in space 4 as my encounter.

Sound ok?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Charlie will also plan to rest. He'll use his blessing to gain a focus when he does so. His second turn he will travel to Tokyo.

ooc- If I want this clue token on space two, I have to stay here and have another sea encounter on space 2 right?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tabs wrote:
Cessabit mare . Comprimi aqua . Festinate et ascendite ad ventos . Cave cancri .
@DSIGFUSS, what does it all mean? Something sea. Something water. . . .

Charlie's Health is poor, must be because of the cigars, whisky and loose women.

Edit: Re. Turn 1, Mythos Phase, Charlie must roll 1d6 because of his Agreement Condition and he may flip Righteous Condition.
lol... Latin gibberish.. and crab sorcery never mix well with gin hangovers.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, that's right, you'd have to stay there for another crack at the Clue. Of course, Norman could try for it from anywhere with his Spell.

My plan is to take a Focus Action (and use Specialized Training), then Travel to London.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

@Everyone, yes, sounds good. Charlie Kane, suggestion, Action 1: Rest (Righteous Condition gain 1 Focus), Action 2: Component Action (+1 action to another . . .)?**

Who will be the Lead Investigator Turn 2? Tony Morgan?

@Marie Lambeau, Action 1: Rest, Action 2: Travel to Shanghai.

**Edit: Marie will cast Voice of Ra, that's an extra action, if Charlie decides on using his Component Action choose Tony or Norman.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Same order as last turn?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll be lead investigator if nobody else wants it. I know exactly what I want to do, and I'm in good shape just in case something horrible happens to the lead investigator in the Mythos Phase.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Yes, same order but with Tony Morgan as the Lead Investigator.

Tony Morgan
Norman Withers
Charlie Kane
Marie Lambeau

Charlie's Component Action** (+1 action to another investigator), I'll decide that it goes to 1-3 Tony or 4-6 Norman [dice]0[/dice]

**Just to note that Charlie Kane, stuck out at sea, has limited options. His Component Action, additional action for another investigator, s/be used during Charlie's Action Phase, I think, but (Edit) Norman can use all 3 during his Action Phase.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OK... so it does make more sense to go for the clue again and have a research encounter. But I think I have to start beefing Charlie up a bit so I can pass other checks than influence. I might be keeping the next couple assets if they make sense.

So this turn I can give my action to Norman and then rest.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@DSIGFUSS, yes. Eldritch is very unforgiving, but let's try and stack dice in our favour! If he gained Urban Guide from the Reserve that'd be 1 extra die for any test on a City space. Go to a city and Aquire Assets next turn. Hopefully this turn Charlie will succeed at the Research Encounter. :)

Charlie, by a Rest Action and his Righteous Condition, will gain 1 Focus--a second chance for any test (a die reroll).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doesn't Norman get his third Action during Charlie's Action phase? That's what Charlie's character sheet seems to say.

I could actually use the third Action to go to Rome and take care of the Byakhee and the Gate. I think that's the better move, as if that Gate is still open when the Omen advances, Doom will advance too. I could use the Focus Action and get a Ship Ticket on my turn, then Travel to Rome on Charlie's turn. I'll wait to see if that's okay before I take my turn, as I'll need to know before I take my second Action.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@Mr. Handy, yes, the additional action s/be used during Charlie's Action Phase, which I acknowledged a few posts back, however does it make a difference to the game? I couldn't think of one, so this being p.b.p. I said for Norman to take all 3 actions at once. Your change of plan for Tony is fine, he can reach Rome with his 2 actions, but I've already decided, randomly, that the extra action goes to Norman (who may need a Focus for the Research Encounter).

Oh, I get it now.

So that's why Tony wants the Focus. (I cannot remember everyone's cards, please frequently post 'em especially when making a point.) In that case I agree.

@Quatermass, okay for the additional action to go to Tony Morgan to defeat the Byakhee?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote:
@Quatermass, okay for the additional action to go to Tony Morgan to defeat the Byakhee?
Fine by me
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll probably be collecting a lot of Focus tokens anyway, to turn them into Clues and use them in encounters, and I wanted to try to use Specialized Training. No luck there, but maybe next turn. I can also gain the Focus token I spend right back for defeating the Byakhee because of my character's other special ability, so I'll still have one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

The flip side of Norman's Spell:

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Dr. Zimmerman recommends. . . . "Herr Morgan, haz you tried dese smokes?

@Quatermass, no luck with Feed the Mind, but you got rid of the Paranoia Condition which is a good thing! Here's a coincidence, Charlie Kane's P.A. is also called Phyllis. :)
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote: @Quatermass, no luck with Feed the Mind, but you got rid of the Paranoia Condition which is a good thing! Here's a coincidence, Charlie Kane's P.A. is also called Phyllis. :)
My mistake. Norman's secretary is Mable. I must have gotten Phyliss from reading Charlies post.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@DSIGFUSS, nice story.

@Tony Morgan

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@Mr. Handy, good work by Tony! I've never come across this Tome before, it's a fab one.

@Quatermass, if, if, you don't succeed at Clairvoyance Spell does Norman want an Arkham or City Encounter?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Super fun game so far guys. Everyone's characters are fun to read.

I think I'm waiting for my research encounter. But no rush.

Return to “Eldritch Horror”