Chat

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Chat

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10 plan.

Charlie to Travel to The Pyramids and send Lucky Ring to Agnes. One of Charlie, Mark or Finn to close the Cairo Gate. Um, Mark could Rest and improve Lore (combat vs. Cultist [Mystery]).
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Quatermass »

Agnes should travel to Arkham and Encounter Rex.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Yep, that -3 Doom is a must have--no pressure.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Improving Lore from 1 to 2 won't actually help against Cultists by itself, as you roll against Lore - 1. Losing our ability to Focus really hurts us there. Agnes would really help out with her 4 Lore. It might be better if she gets a Ship Ticket and goes to Tel el-Amarna to try to get a Clue and defeat a Cultist to solve the Mystery. Charlie can get a Ship Ticket from Rome and go to Arkham by way of London to encounter Rex instead. At least two of us should keep trying to find Clues at Tel el-Amarna and then defeat Cultists, but it makes sense for one of us to go after that Gate. I can do it. I don't stand a good chance against the Cultist, but I can Acquire Assets since Cairo is a City space and then Rest. With my Funding, I'm guaranteed to get at least the Medical Journal, which will get more Health back for me when I Rest.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mark has +1 improve in Lore already, another and he'll roll 2d6 vs. Cultist. I think the -3 Doom is most important, if Charlie sends Agnes the Lucky Ring that's 2d6 + 1 reroll. Anyway, Charlie and Agnes crossing paths seems like a waste of actions. Also, I can't remember what benefit he got from it but Finn used his Funding in London.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I didn't know that Mark already had +1 Lore. A second improvement will help, then, and the Lucky Ring will help Agnes retreat Doom too. I'm just concerned that we might fail to solve the Mystery this coming turn due to bad rolling. Even if you have better Lore, you might still fail to find a Clue in the Tel El-Amarna Encounter.

I do still have Funding. I didn't discard it during an Acquire Assets Action, I flipped it in the Reckoning portion of the Mythos Phase. The flip side was "All In," and I passed the roll, which allowed me 3 free points of Assets and told me to flip the card, so I still have Funding. I would only have discarded it had I failed the gambling roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Okay about the Funding; now that I am typing on a different computer I can see it next to Finn's sheet--actually I can't, either the cat's had it or I put it back in the box.

I think it's down to Quatermass to decide for Agnes. Also, she can be Lead Investigator?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Ok Agnes will try for Rex.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

New Reserve Asset: Image

@Mr. Handy, did you want Finn to go to Cairo? If so Charlie 'll goto Tel el-Amarna.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, I went to Cairo. Since I can't Acquire Assets while that Cultist is sitting there, I instead used the Cat Burglar's Action.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Good luck everyone.

Charlie

Mark

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

New Reserve Asset: Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Two Assets were taken out of the Reserve: the Lucky Ring and the Medical Journal. Shouldn't there be a second replacement?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Yes, Charter Flight (above).

Turn 11 plan. All or nothing?

We are in the same fix as turn 10, thanks to Agnes and no thanks to the boys, but our options have run out. I reckon Mark, Charlie and Finn should go for a Clue at Tel el-Amarna; Agnes can't make it to The Pyramids this turn, maybe one of her actions s/be to gain a Ship Ticket?

Mark to Rest and Trade Canopic Jar--Rest + Will test to improve Lore, I'm thinking of Finn. Charlie to Rest and use Cursed Tablet.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Agnes will go to London to try for the Research Encounter so she can use this.

She will also get a Ship Ticket so she can move to the Pyramids next turn.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Actually, Agnes can reach where we are if she uses an Acquire Assets Action and gets that Charter Flight. However, she should still do a Research Encounter rather than try to solve the Mystery like the rest of us. Retreating Doom by 1 might just buy us another turn. I just hope we don't waste that turn again failing to finish off the second Mystery.

I'll have my Cat Burglar try to steal the Carbine Rifle, then go to Tel el-Amarna and Rest. I could use the extra point of Lore from the Canopic Jar, thanks, and I'm Resting anyway. You'll just have to go before I do.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Yes, Agnes could use Charter Flight! But go to London, as you said. Just thought, Mark will have to go after Finn in order to Trade when Finn Travels to Tel el-Amarna.

Agnes as Lead Investigator?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Edit: if Mark Trades with Charlie for Markings of Isis, Mark 'll roll 3d6 vs. Cultist?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The problem with me going before Mark is that then I wouldn't be able to use the Canopic Jar when I Rest. How about if I go before he does, but my Actions are to go to Tel el-Amarna (for free), Trade with Mark on my turn, and then Rest? Then Charlie can trade with Mark on either of their turns. I would guess the Markings of Isis give the +1 to all skills to the investigator who currently possesses it. When you trade it away, you lose the benefits, but it's better for Mark to gain them. You'd not only roll 3d6 for having 4 Lore, but you'd also get that free reroll. It's a shame we can't bring Agnes here with the Arcane Scholar yet, but she needs to do something else this turn. Hopefully on Turn 11 we'll have the third Mystery revealed anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Perfect! Finn Trades with Mark: Canopic Jar; and then Mark Trades with Charlie: Markings of Isis.

ImageImage

Return to “Eldritch Horror”