Chat

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Chat

Post by Tabs »

Agnes

Charlie

Finn

Mark

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I was so focused on Mark's encounter that it didn't register with me the significance of no clue for Agnes, and Quatermass rolled a 6 too.
"Thousands of years of slumber, and the first visitor I get is an easily distracted moron!"
This line should be in the new Indiana Jones film. And the Dark Pact probably will bite Finn, but, as you said, "It's our best chance of solving the Mystery."
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Quatermass »

I updated my rolls for the Mythos Phase
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12 plan.

We are almost done for, but not quite yet.

We need Clues. There's 3 on the board: London, The Sahara Desert and The Himalayas. Mark can move via Cairo to space 17 and on to The Himalayas with Charter Flight--oh, bugger, Child of Abhoth is too tough; can Shining Trapezohedron shift it? No, it cannot, um, there is a chance he could do it over 2 turns. . . .
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Don't forget that the Mystery causes each investigator to move one Clue to the nearest space on the Egypt side board. That will bring all of the Clues within reach, but there are only three and we still need a fourth. At least we're all nearby, and we can double up on one of them, or Agnes can stay in London and try to spawn more Clues. I'll Rest, use the Cat Burglar's Action if I don't need to Travel to the Sahara, and have a Research Encounter. We just need to decide where the Clues move and who goes for which ones.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I totally did forget! So Clue locations s/be: London to Rome, The Himalayas to space 17 and The Sahara Desert stays put? Mark will go for the one at space 17; Charlie to Rome. Agnes spawn Clues in London or double-up in Rome?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Rome please
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Actually, that's still not right. The Mystery says that the Clues on the main board are moved to the nearest space on the Egypt side board, not merely one space away. If we move one of them to Alexandria, I can use my second Action to Acquire Assets instead of the Cat Burglar's component Action. Thanks to my Funding, this will be a sure thing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Doh!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Amended, Clues are now on the side board. Mark can go to Cairo but it's infested with Monsters and his Sanity is 1. Maybe Agnes can use the Shining Trapezohedron on the Shan before she moves to The Sahara Desert? He can use his ability vs. Cultist or Warlock.--Edit: Cultist, it has -1 penalty on the Horror test.

BTW the ban on a Focus action passed with the Mythos card's Reckoning.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oh, I didn't know that! In that case, I'll Focus and Rest this turn, then go shopping next turn before I leave Alex - if there is a next turn. If I fail to get the Clue, I'll be staying there next turn anyway.

I'm willing to be Lead Investigator if nobody else wants it.

Does the other Clue have to move to Cairo? Can't it move to one of the other side board locations that's equidistant (Tel el-Amarna, perhaps)?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Okay, Finn as Lead Investigator. I see what you are saying about several locations being equidistant; however, only Cairo feels right to me . . . it'd be good to get rid of the Cultist anyway. Mark 'll roll 4d6 + a Focus reroll vs. Warlock--decent odds! (Kill or move the Shan, Agnes.)

Also, Agnes must Travel via space 10 to reach The Sahara Desert.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Ok Agnes moves to Sahara Desert via Rome - Space 10 with ticket - Free move to Sahara.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Finn at Alexandria (City)

Mark at Cairo (City)

Agnes at The Sahara Desert (Wilderness)

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Know Thy Enemy (flipped)

As you unravel the secrets of the universe, you begin to form a hunch about how to mend the fabric of reality. Using this method, you can prevent more of the Ancient One's vile followers from entering our world.

For each Eldritch token on this card, discard 1 Gate of your choice on any space.

~

Congrats to Agnes and Finn, 2 Clues placed on the Mystery card.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, but we may regret not spawning another Clue from London. We're running out of time here, and if the next Mythos card isn't green (and it probably won't be), we lose another turn.

Better discard the Tokyo Gate, as that's the only blue one. If the omen advances, that'lll come up next.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Tokyo Gate discarded. Now, if only the next Mythos card were green . . . I'll draw it later today.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I'll check re. player elimination. Found the answer on BGG. The answer is no, 4 is still the number--me hoping it was 3 Clues required on the Mystery was just wishful thinking.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 13 plan.

Next Omen is red, there are 3 red Gates but only 2 Eldritch tokens, and Charlie is Delayed in Alex. It's futile, isn't it? There are no Clues on the game board and we need 1 to complete the 3rd Mystery.

Return to “Eldritch Horror”