Chat

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Chat

Post by Tabs »

Funding flipped: Image

And the new investigator is . . .

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've edited both my Encounter and Mythos Phase posts. I got a 6 on my Funding roll and used it to get the Intelligence Report for 2 Clues. They're about to go away, but we can use them immediately. Next turn I can Rest, then Travel to the Bent Pyramid. Then Mark can Trade with me and take another Action. I'll give him one of my Clues, and maybe he could give me something. Then we can both have Encounters and try to advance the Mystery (and maybe get some Artifacts to boot).

I'm fine with retreating Doom. If anything, we may have lost more than 3, depending on when those extra Gates were added.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I'll add back 3 Doom, now it is 7.

Well done with the story, it was worth the wait. I did smile to myself when I read "Lady Summerisle." The Wicker Man is a great film, I think, way ahead of its time, very dark and dangerous.

Good thinking about the Clues.

Turn 8 plan.

Mark to Focus and Rest; and have an encounter in Tel el-Amarna, gain Clue, and start solving the Mystery. Edit--I didn't realise that Finn can make it to the Bent Pyramid this turn. Mark to Focus and Trade with Finn at the Bent Pyramid, a Clue for the .38 and Know Thy Enemy?

Charlie to Travel to space 7; encounter Jacqueline. That's only 1 action, Rex or Finn may use a 3rd? . . . Use his ability to Acquire Assets and send the Colt Pocket to Mark?

Lead Investigator? Charlie?

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Quatermass »

Rex is going to rest and then try and get rid of the Star Spawn using the Shining Trap.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, Tabs! There's also a Pulp Fiction reference in there.

I'll Focus too instead of Resting. That will give us a much better chance of beating those Cutlists with our low Lore.

I should also give Mark the Whiskey, since he has less maximum Sanity and could use it more. I'll gladly take the .38 and Know Thy Enemy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@Mr. Handy, what is the Pulp Fiction reference--it's been years since I watched it? Whisky would be most welcome.

@Quatermass, good thinking re. Star Spawn, and I presume Rex is going for the Gate? There is a chance that the monster will be dragged to Arkham. How about allowing Nephren-Ka pull Rex towards the Bent Pyramid, and add back 1 Sanity, then use the Trapezohedron, and Travel to Arkham? AND use a 3rd action, courtesy of Charlie, and acquire Lavish Feast?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Rex could get pulled to London so Finn can trade with him? Rex would have to go before Finn though and the Star Spawn could get pulled to London.

Otherwise losing the Sanity to stay in Arkham to try and close the gate is not a big deal. I am resting anyway.

I think Mandy could use the Feast.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mandy is long dead, feasting is no good to her! How about trading in London with Finn (Rex using Charlie's action), before Finn moves to the Bent Pyramid to meet-up with Mark as planned?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote:Mandy is long dead, feasting is no good to her! How about trading in London with Finn (Rex using Charlie's action), before Finn moves to the Bent Pyramid to meet-up with Mark as planned?
LOL sorry about that! I was just looking at the investigators and saw Mandy at 2 Sanity and 2 Health. My Bad.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote:Mandy is long dead, feasting is no good to her! How about trading in London with Finn (Rex using Charlie's action), before Finn moves to the Bent Pyramid to meet-up with Mark as planned?
Ok that sounds good. Rex will get pulled to London and then Rest and Trade with Finn. Charlie will give me a Action to use the ST.

What does Finn want in the trade?

Rex as lead?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Best have Mark as Lead in case of a nasty Mythos card.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The problem with Mark going first is that I need to go before him, unless Charlie gives me a third Action. I absolutely have to spend an Action to Focus so that I have more than a 50% chance to defeat the Cultist and advance the Mystery. I'd be willing to go first, and I'm in decent shape in case the Mythos card does something bad.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Um, um, Rex to be moved to London and to forget about trading. Charlie to be Lead Investigator, order is: Charlie, Finn, Mark and then Rex. Charlie to Travel to space 7 and give 1 action to Rex; Finn to Focus and Travel to the Bent Pyramid; Mark to Focus and Trade; and Rex to use ability (acquire Lavish Feast), use ST on Star Spawn and then Travel to Arkham.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@Quatermass, by staying in London with the Star Spawn it'll probably kill Rex, Image Doom will go down, and there's the Gate to close in Arkham.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

I have two items that reduce the attack of monsters. So at most Rex can take 1 health damage if I botch my combat roll.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It's a shame you couldn't make that trade. We could sure use that Arcane Scholar to help us hunt Cultists in Egypt to solve the Mystery. Maybe you can come to Egypt yourself next turn.

I'd forgotten to mention what the Pulp Fiction reference was: the mysterious case of which the viewers never get to see the contents. Some of the dialogue about it was lifted directly from the movie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Never heard of Jon Stock before but I guessed he'd be something to do with MI6. You into spy novels, Mr. Handy?

@Me (Charlie)

(New scanner on its way.)

@Mr. Handy, The Bent Pyramid

Sneferu's funerary chamber appears empty, but you search the area (Observation -1). If you pass, you discover a hidden panel; gain 1 Artifact. If you fail, you are suddenly aware that this room no longer has an exit, and you must dig to freedom; gain a Back Injury Condition.

@Me, Mark at The Bent Pyramid

Small hieroglyphics are inscribed throughout the pyramid. You try to find them all (Observation). If you pass, they direct you to a lost treasure; gain 1 Relic Unique Asset. If you fail, you start to see the symbols everywhere you go; gain a Paranoia Condition.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Mr. Handy wrote:It's a shame you couldn't make that trade. We could sure use that Arcane Scholar to help us hunt Cultists in Egypt to solve the Mystery. Maybe you can come to Egypt yourself next turn.
Well Damn!!! We should have had Rex go before Finn then. I wasn't sure about the turn order. I will redo my turn then.

Rex will spend a Sanity to stay in Arkham.

Turn redone.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

John Stock is just a modified version of James Bond's name. Bond is actually with the Secret Service rather than MI6, I believe. I have read some spy novels (including the odd James Bond novel as well as John Le Carre and Len Deighton), but it's been a while.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle