Chat

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Strange Remnants

Post by Tabs »

@DSIGFUSS, you only have the base game, right? Well, a new game feature, introduced in Mountains of Madness expansion is Preludes, which is pre-game start card designed to make every game unique. And here is the one for our game:

Image Image

Marie Lambeu (me), Lead Investigator, has gained a Dark Pact Condition and a Boon Condition, therefore everyone needs to decide if they wish to gain an Agreement Condition for the benefit of a Boon Condition. Now Quatermass has already declined it, so you and Mr. Handy must decide, and if you both want to take up the Conditions I will randomly choose between you (4th paragraph on card).
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

DSIGFUSS said:
OK I'll try that out. I'll take the Agreement condition if given the chance.
does Mr. Handy want to "put his hat in the rIng" as well? if so I'll randomly decide between you two.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, DSIGFUSS! :D

I'm sorry I haven't posted yet. I haven't had much free time while I was away, there were a couple of site outages at just the wrong time, and once those were resolved I got sick. I still haven't had time to read this thread fully; I just skimmed it. I can't afford to lose 2 Sanity at the outset, as I only start with 5. I might be interested in the Agreement, but I don't know what it entails. Is there a picture of the card?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@Mr. Handy, it's okay. Whereabouts did you go to?

Doh! I forgot to post an image of the Agreement Condition.

DSIGFUSS may wish to change his mind as well.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I went to Folsom, California with my parents to visit my sister, brother-in-law, and baby niece.

I'd better not take the Agreement with my low Influence, and I don't want the other Boon either. The Agreement looks perfectly suited for Charlie Kane, with his 5 starting Influence (counting the Personal Assistant's +1) and free reroll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

DSIGFUSS will gain the Agreement Condition (I'll draw and post his Boon Condition tomorrow).

@Quatermass and @Mr. Handy, the final paragraph on the Prelude card, who wishes to lose 2 Sanity and gain a Debt Condition to gain a Boon Condition?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As I said, I don't want it. I only start with 5 Sanity, and I can't afford to lose 2 before the game even begins. Quatermass, you're welcome to it if you want it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@DSIGFUSS, your Boon Condition:

@Quatermass, decide whether you wish to spend 2 Sanity and gain a Debt Condition to gain a Boon Condition.

Game start. But before I open a new topic for our posts let's discuss the Turn 1 plan of action. State what your Investigator intends for the turn and suggest, if you want to, what the others could do.

@Marie Lambeau, cast Voice of Ra and gain a Focus, Travel to space 17, use her Component Action to Travel to The Himalayas; Expedition Encounter.

@Tony Morgan, gain Focus, Ticket or Travel?

@Norman Withers, Travel to London; spawn Clue tokens?

@Charlie Kane, Aquire Assets or gain Focus, Travel to space 2 (Clue); Research Encounter, hopefully placing an Eldritch token on a Wilderness space (see Mystery below)?

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Quatermass »

I don't want the boon. :D

I think I will travel to London and gain a focus. Then encounter the Mystic Ruins.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Charlie will be an asset generator for the team. Shipping all these wonderful goodies he's acquired across the globe to help out his fellow investigators. Unfortunately, he's also sleeping with all your wives, daughters and significant others. But that's to be expected from Charlie Kane.

On his first turn, Charlie Kane will use his first action to acquire an asset in San Francisco. Then he will travel to Space 2 for the clue token and the research encounter. His assistant will do most of the heavy lifting, whiskey pouring and opening of limousine doors.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I expect I'll be farming Focus for Clues a lot, but first I need to increase my Influence. Specialized Training could help me with that. If Charlie doesn't buy it for me first, I could try to Acquire Assets and then take a Focus Action. I'd also like to meet up with Norman so he could cast Feed the Mind on me to help increase my Influence. I can get to Arkham with both Actions since I go before him, if he's willing to cast it with one Action instead of gaining Focus and use the other to Travel to London. I also want to start moving towards Istanbul to get some Influence there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Re: Chat

Post by Tabs »

Unfortunately, he's also sleeping with all your wives, daughters and significant others. But that's to be expected from Charlie Kane.
You realise that includes Marie Lambeau's dead grand-mère? Disgusting!

@DSIGFUSS and @Quatermass, if you wish to help out Mr. Handy (see his comment above), please do so. Tony Morgan with improved Influence will be a great source of Clues. Edit: I just thought that Quatermass may need the Focus for a reroll at Mystic Ruins Encounter?--failure on the tests would be bad!

Game start, new topic named "Strange Remnants" (I've changed this topic). Post in player order, hopefully we'll get a rhythm going and rattle through the turns.

Marie Lambeau, Tony Morgan, Norman Withers, Charlie Kane
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd better wait to post until I know whether Norman or Charlie are going to try to help me. That'll determine what I do. It wouldn't pay to go to Arkham if Norman isn't going to cast his Spell, and I won't waste time shopping if Charlie is going to try to buy Specialized Training for me.

Norman could also have a regular Location encounter in London this turn to try to spawn Clues, then visit the Mystic Ruins next turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

It's safe to assume Charlie Kane will buy Tony Morgan Specialized Training Turn 1, I wonder how many successes he'll get? 'cos with 2 or more I'd gain a Debt Condition and buy Urban Guide--a damn fine Asset.

As for Norman Withers casting Feed the Mind . . . if the Spell backfired?

I'll ask.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

If you want I can cast Feed the Mind. I will have 2 dice to try and succeed though. If Tony moves to Arkham then I will.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sure I'll do that. I don't really understand the action though. Could you explain my turn if I were to do that.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Ok sorry about that I posted something without figuring out who was who. LOL!

For me to use Feed the Mind, you have to been in the same space as my character. I would rather Charlie gain assests as opposed to using all his actions to move to Arkham.

If Tony wants to move up to Arkham then I would cast Feed the Mind on him. No problem with that.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

When Charlie does an Acquire Assets Action, he can distribute his purchases among all of the Investigators. So if he buys Specialized Training as one of them, he could give it to me. He could also use his second Action to give an Action to another Investigator, which means that Norman could still get a Focus Action before the Encounter phase even after casting Feed the Mind and going to London. However, I think he's better off using the second Action to Travel to where he can have a Research Encounter.

Thanks! I'll move to Arkham.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Sorry about flipping my Feed the Mind card. :o I thought that It was the same for all of the cards. I will let Tabs do all the flipping from now on! :D

Really excited about the game and it is starting well I think.

Return to “Eldritch Horror”