Chat

Across the globe, ancient evil is stirring. Now, you and your trusted circle of colleagues must travel around the world, working against all odds to hold back the approaching horror. Foul monsters, brutal encounters, and obscure mysteries will take you to your limit and beyond. All the while, you and your fellow investigators must unravel the otherworldy mysteries scattered around the globe in order to push back the gathering mayhem that threatens to overwhelm humanity. The end draws near! Do you have the courage to prevent global destruction?

Moderator: Tabs

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Re: Chat

Post by Quatermass »

Sure, Norman will spend a clue and sanity to keep that Eldritch Token off the Spider.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OK sounds good.

Diana will travel to the Space 7 and then cast Banishment to get rid of the goat spawn in London.

Do we need me to use a clue token or is Norman taking care of all that.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Norman can take care of it. Save your clue. Norman is headed to Istanbul and resting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

My reading of the Mystery's text is that flipping the Relic will place an Eldritch token on the Mystery regardless of how you came by that Relic. It's just that Research Encounters provide a sure means of getting Relics, and you were lucky to already have one. If you'd opened the box after the Mystery had been revealed, that would have counted too. Maybe BGG has a thread on the subject.

Since there's no danger of getting two more Reckonings for at least a few turns (two of the next three Mythos cards are green), I don't need to concentrate on Clue farming using Focus. Instead I'll travel to South Africa and go shopping, planning to go to Sydney and have a Research Encounter on Turn 9 (and from there to Antarctica). Note that there is a Clue on the Amazon, where Diana already is. If she moves off to go to space 7, she'd want to go back later to try to get the Clue. Is there a reason not to go for the Clue first?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Hmmm, I'm unsure now about the Mystery and a Relic, I'll ask at BGG: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/20511896#20511896
Note that there is a Clue on the Amazon, where Diana already is. If she moves off to go to space 7, she'd want to go back later to try to get the Clue. Is there a reason not to go for the Clue first?
The Mystic Ruins Encounter at Stonehenge allowed the Omen to be placed anywhere on its track, let's put it back to the red sun because the Omen will advance to the red sun next turn** and Cultists will be scarier and tougher (see below).

**I don't know my left from right because I had the Omen on blue constellation [left hand side]. There have been 7 Mythos cards, 2 were Rumors, therefore Omen blue, red, blue, green and blue

Norman spends a Clue and Sanity to prevent discarding 1 Eldritch token from the "Web Between Worlds" Mystery.

Lead Investigator? And Quatermass and Mr. Handy are correct about the Mystery. :)
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

What about effects of flipping the relic. Do they take place or do you just discard the relic?

I am guessing that I just flip the relic without having to do anything special like a test.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Whats the better move then in your guys' opinion. Stay for the clue or circle back for it?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@Quatermass, roll to flip the Relic, as you did ic--that's 1 of 4 Eldritch tokens. :)

@DSIGFUSS, go to space 7, I reckon.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Woohoo! 8-) We're well on our way!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Whose turn?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

DSIGFUSS's. I'll check in later on and post Diana's Action Phase if necessary. So what's Norman going to do in Istanbul?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote: So what's Norman going to do in Istanbul?
I will try Clairvoyance to do a research encounter and if that doesn't work I will just do a Istanbul encounter.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@Norman Withers
Research Encounter,[img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/art%20663%20-%20Copy%202_zpsimv2vhrg.jpg[/img]
@Diana Stanley

New Mystic Ruins at the Great Wall (Shanghai).

@Marie Lambeau

@Everyone, an investigator can only have one particular Condition, Marie already has a Dark Pact so can she choose to gain another as per the above card and place her Investigator token anywhere?

@Tony Morgan

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Nice! Got two Relic Unique Assets!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Clairvoyance, 3+: The visions become clear as if you are there in the flesh. No additional effect.

Relic card to follow.

2 Relic Artifacts would be fab, but by rolling a further 2 dice you have effectively rolled 5 dice in total . . . I think you should discount 1 die from the original 3d6, so lose the success? But Norman has 1 Focus, 1 Clue and he can spend a Sanity = 1d6 reroll 3 times if necessary. What do you think?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote:Clairvoyance, 3+: The visions become clear as if you are there in the flesh. No additional effect.

Relic card to follow.

2 Relic Artifacts would be fab, but by rolling a further 2 dice you have effectively rolled 5 dice in total . . . I think you should discount 1 die from the original 3d6, so lose the success? But Norman has 1 Focus, 1 Clue and he can spend a Sanity = 1d6 reroll 3 times if necessary. What do you think?
If I use a focus would I use the third roll for that or do you want me just to roll again for the focus. Sorry to mess this up. :oops:
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

No problem. You could have deleted the original roll and no one would have known! Um, um, I think now that if Norman spends 1 Focus, that pays for the the 3rd die--a success. Let's get Mr. Handy's opinion?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote:No problem. You could have deleted the original roll and no one would have known! Um, um, I think now that if Norman spends 1 Focus, that pays for the the 3rd die--a success. Let's get Mr. Handy's opinion?
If we are both ok with spending the focus, that should be fine then. If the other players object we can always change it.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sorry for the delay. Got pretty sick this weekend. Nasty bug going around.

So Diana's been pretty darn good with her successes lately. Knock on wood.

So I get to move the Omen track. Would it be best to move it to the red sun spot seeing as though any other space on the omen track would cause the doom track to advance. What does it mean that there is an Eldritch Token on the Red Sun?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Glad your feeling better.

As to moving the Omen track it says you can move it to a space without advancing the Doom Track.

The Omen token on the Red Sun is part of the Syzygy count down. Its on the Great Old on card.

I would place it on the blue constellation
but it is already there. :cry:

Return to “Eldritch Horror”