OOC

Thousands of years ago, in the Hyborian age, a hero changed the world- Conan. But other heroes who have been forgetten existed, and this is their story.

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

OOC

Post by kabukiman »

Any other subject can be discussed here.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: OOC

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Oh! Are we running a Stafford/Doyle style game here? Like RuneQuest meets creepy lizard snakes? Wait, they exist in Glorantha too. Dragonnewts, right?
The age is Hyperboean Earth, correct?

If you have the space, i'd like to join in the barbaric tales.
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Actually this is a Howard scenario, I'm just using the ligth rules of runequest because I think they are the best to this kind of scenario. I like glorantha but I have only play it once, my group was fascinated with the game pendragon.
If you want, you can play it, just choose the race and I'l create the char.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Howard! Silly me....
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

So, are you still interested?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Do I look grim? Yes, I´m interested!

Öz Khan the Devourer

I´m going for a Pathenian horse lord of a fire tribe worshiping Elrik. He rides from the Mongolian reaches and eats the hearts of his enemies. At least that´s what he claims.
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Excelent! Now all I have to do, is wait that invisible castle starts to work again...
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

It seems IC has really gone this time. Try http://orokos.com
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I don't mind whatever way you roll'im up, even phys-dice are fine by me.
Cheers!
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Thanks Priest for the sugestion!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

By the way syrinx, if you ever create a glorantha game don't forget to invite me :D
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Ah, that would take me back to the 80´s and the setting got to be in The Big Rubble and New Pavis. It will be awesome! Invite will arrive when things are set.
A warm-up for that would be Fjallhallenberg Castle, which I started as my "Inception" experiment during The Lurking Horror. I might pick that out and launch quite soon. Maybe a Christmas special speed-run? Like a Gauntlet game. (Did you play that in the arcades back in the day?)
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Gauntlet? I think I played it in a spectrum in the latte 80's. The lurking horror, I just played a bit much, much latter.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've never played RuneQuest, but I do remember that game-within-a-game in The Lurking Horror. Mostoli dwarves rock! Dwarves were always meant to use firearms.

I've played Gauntlet, both the arcade game and a computer version (Apple IIc). That brings back memories! "Barbarian needs food - badly."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Well, you can always play king of the dragon pass, an old computer game (and one of my favorites).
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Never played it but it was a strategic text game with graphics, right?
I just saw a demo on Dave´s site.

I did try a RuneQuest addon for Age of Wonders 2. Not very good, though.

I think Skyrim has all elements to be a Glorantha game. Just mod it right and you have it.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I have King of Dragon Pass on GoG and have heard great things about it, but I haven't had time yet to play it (or hundreds of other games in my library).

I'm also very interested in the Night's Watch game set in the world of A Song of Ice and Fire you mentioned possibly running once, especially since I've been reading the books.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The Lands of Always Winter will be up over the holidays. Then I´ll see which games to actually finish and which to keep playing. They are starting to pile up now.
Btw I just started to play Telltale Games´ House Forrester GOT. It runs much like a choose your adventure books format. Tried any of the games by Telltale episodics?
Cheers!
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

King of dragon pass is a strategy with rpg elements. Besides managing the village (magic and cows), you have everyday problems to solve: a women that runs with another men, petty thief, fitghing against other clans. And visually it was beautiful.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great! I'm looking forward to The Lands of Alwas Winter, and I've had a character concept for it for some time.

I don't have the Telltale Games GoT game yet. I'm waiting for the price to drop, especially since I have such a huge backlog of games that it'll be a while before I get to play it anyway. I do have another GoT game on Steam that's supposed to be very good, but I haven't had time to play that yet. I'm almost halfway through reading A Storm of Swords, and earlier I read the part where they return to Craster's Keep. None of the characters realized that they could have sent Lord Comander Mormont's pet raven back to Castle Black with news of their critical discoveries, but I thought of it right away. Castle Black is that raven's home, so it could have flown back there like any other raven.

I bought several of Telltale's other games, most of them in a bundle directly from them that was on sale. I have The Walking Dead Season 1 (waiting for a price drop before I get Season 2), all of their Sam and Max games (I played the original back in the 90s), Back to the Future, and several of their older games. I haven't had time to play them yet, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Memory of the World”