Chapter 1: Ambush - Run for your life !

Alternate future, post WWII apocalyptic game.

More than 80 years ago, the war known as WWII broke in Europe, now, in the year of 2020 most of the world is a barren wasteland caused by the many nuclear and bio-weapon that were used by the Reich's empire of "Germania" to dominate most of the planet.
You are simple prisoners on the British penalty island that was known in the past to be the United Kingdom. A chance to escape from the terror regime came up, will you succeed?

Moderator: royya

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Chapter 1: Ambush - Run for your life !

Post by royya »

Shadows flicker as you spot the shadows of two figures coming down the stairs.
Who goes there ?! Show yourself !
A heavily bearded man goes down the stairs slowly, He holds a shotgun pointed forward. Behind him you spot another man, he is young and holds a shovel in his hand.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Woahh! Easy lads! We´re just skulking for something to eat man. Have a bite to share, have you? I´m Roland, these are my friends. Who am I speaking to mr.Shotgun?" Roland puts the hammer in his jumpsuit pocket.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

OOC: Skinner from the WWF, that what came to my mind when I wanted to describe the man with the shotgun. :D

The man walks slowly ... shotgun still pointed forward.
What are your business here ... ah ... prisoners! from a German camp ! I can identify the outfit of a prisoner ? Are the fucking Germans behind you ?

No sir, we fled from a battle. A group of mutants ambushed the German convoy, we were on the way to the underground mines.
Jeffrey replies as he spreads his arms to the side. Kevin puts his arm around Natasha as she sobs quietly

Father?! who are they?
Another call is heard from behind, someone is coming from the corridor behind you. Another young man, holding a handgun.

I think they are on our side son ... they are searching for food.
The grown up man replies.
But forgive me if I don't trust you completely, go in, enter to the ping pong court over there, we will share some food with you as I want to hear some news from the outside world. Son ...
He speaks to the one behind him with the shovel.
Go and bring some food for them and some water

Go on, enter...
The son with the handgun says. Natasha, Jeffrey and Kevin goes to the ping pong room where you found 5 minutes ago the remains of an old meal.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz puts her hands up when the man with the shotgun arrives, "My name's Liz," she says. "We're sorry to disturb you. We didn't know anyone was still living here. Thank you for your kindness." She goes into the ping pong court with the others.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

ooc - My guess is that Roland and Frog oppose no threat and enter.

Sit!
The young man with the handgun motions to your group.
I'm sorry, but we are cautious when strangers get into our home.
The elder say, lowering the threatening shotgun a little bit.
My son will bring you some food and water. Tell me some news, where did you come from and what happened so far ?
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Frog shuffles into the room, his hand in his pocket, gripping the butt of the pistol.

Food is good, fanks. What you call yerself old man?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Roland remains standing and says, "We might be convicts, but no dogs." He crosses his arms. "No news mate. You´re it. The world still sucks and Fritz is kicking our asses."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

The name is Randy and my sons are Clay and Kent.
The grown up says as he plays with his shotgun again. He eyes Roland and seems quite worried by the response.

After a small talk that cover topics like the weather, encounters with mutated animals and information about a location of pure water. One of the young lads enter the ping pong court with a tennis bag. He placed it on the ground and takes out several glass bottles of water, a can opener and some cans. You spot some rationed beans, vegetables and meatloaf. He eyes his father that nods in return.

Eat, drink ... you can sleep here tonight before moving on tomorrow. Wokingham is not far.
Kevin begin to open the cans. Natasha and Jeffrey takes a swig from the water. "Wow...fresh water...it's been a while"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Cheers!" says Liz, raising her bottle and taking a swig. "Ah, that hit the spot. Say, I noticed a computer on our way in. Is it working right? If not, I might be able to fix it. Or if you've, you know. forgotten the password, I could unlock it for you," she adds with a wink.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Fanks fer sharin' yer grub Randy.

'Ow long you bin angin' arou' 'ere? Get much grief from the hun do yer? Or do they, like, leave you alone?

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

*I'm waiting for Syrinx to post something.

It's been a while, not sure how much, this place is a good hunting base and on the opposite side of highway from Reading. The ghost city is home to two gangs of mutants that battle each other and those who are stupid enough to travel alone on the road. I'm quite surprised they tried to ambush a Nazi convoy, it's like playing with fire. The Gestapo forces and their robots from Windsor castle will ask for justice, depends on what was ambushed. The area of the highway will be guarded heavily in the upcoming weeks I guess.
Randy says

One of the sons (Clay or Kent), Liz is not sure since Randy didn't tell who's who, turns to Liz with a boo.
Don't touch the computer or I'll cut your fingers off. You are lucky enough that my father let you be here.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Still suspicious of the trapper family, Roland remains standing, grabbing a piece of bread and surly nods at the man.
Silently he listens in on the hunting stories.
TVblog

Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Frog's eyes narrows to slits as he looks at the son that threatened Liz Watch yer mouth fuckwit, touch her and I'll feed yer yer balls. She knows pootahs, she's smart like that. he turns to Randy You should keep yer boys on a leash, ain' no reason to be rude and threatenin' like that, I bet she can find aht loadsa stuff that could help you'n'us on that 'pootah. We should be elpin' each uvva 'gainst the hun, not bickerin' over whos turn it is play fuckin' pac-man he looks pointedly back at the son before returning attention to Randy You've bin good'n'all, sharing yer grub wiv us - you shud let her do 'er magic wiv the pootah, see what she can do for yer by way of fanks.

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Kent, shut your mouth up! You are upsetting our dinner ... friends.
Randy smiles a wicked one.
Yes, Kent, shut up. Says the other lad, probably Clay. You will not get the pretty one.

A moment pass and Natasha's eyes roll back and she falls unconscious.
Natasha! God damn, I'm feeling dizzy ...
Jeffrey says and falls on his back, banging his head on the floor.
What have you done to us?! Kevin says and throws the bottle of water to the floor, he stands to his feet but falls almost immediately like a noodle to the floor, unconscious as well.

Liz - please pass a CON X 3 skill check - If you fail you fall unconscious, if you pass you begin to vomit violently and can't act for 1d4 rounds.
Frog, Roland - You didn't drink the water - roll initiative.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

OOC:   Previous combat has been at DEX rank - what do you want us to roll?  

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hearing the dinner-reference, Roland moves his hand towards the hammer and tries to get a swing at the old man before catching a slug.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:   I was guessing 3d6 against dex...  
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"So sleepy..." mumbles Liz. She fights to stay awake, but her vision blurs and she slumps over to the floor. "Fall down go boom..." she mutters as unconsciousness overtakes her.
OOC,Invisible Castle is down, so I rolled on [url=http://darkandmoodyforums.com/cgi-bin/dm/YaBB.pl?action=logrolldisplay]Dark and Moody[/url] and got a 32. Missed it by [i]that[/i] much. :cry: The link won't load the dice log when clicked from here, but there's a link to it at the bottom of the page that does load.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Syrinx wrote:
OOC:   I was guessing 3d6 against dex...  
OOC:   I'll go for that [dice]0[/dice]  

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

OOC:   No initiative rolls. :roll:
I was swamped by the D&D 5th edition session I had and got used to the initiative rule
DEX order:
Roland and Frog 13
Son2 w/ handgun 12
Son1 w/ shovel 10
Randy 9

Roland and Frog - first round firearm attack - so Frog - you are first.
Then, I will begin with Melee. because both Randy and his son are not ready to engage yet.  

Return to “Escape from the UK”