General OOC

Alternate future, post WWII apocalyptic game.

More than 80 years ago, the war known as WWII broke in Europe, now, in the year of 2020 most of the world is a barren wasteland caused by the many nuclear and bio-weapon that were used by the Reich's empire of "Germania" to dominate most of the planet.
You are simple prisoners on the British penalty island that was known in the past to be the United Kingdom. A chance to escape from the terror regime came up, will you succeed?

Moderator: royya

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: General OOC

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Roger!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Hi all,

sorry for the delay - no internet on the train and I've been busy with the kids.

I've created my character and am ready to start - it's not the PC I had envisaged but the dice rolls weren't kind in that department, so I have a young street urchin/scrounger type. I was originally after a big brute street tough/professional fighter/thug but I'm happy with what I've got.

I'm not 100% with all the skills - I've used the skills and base values that royya put in the house rules thread - even though these are different to the BRP rules (e.g BRP only has 'hide' - whereas royya's have both 'hide' and 'conceal'). There is no 'brawl' skill - I am assuming it is covered in melee combat.

Anyway, looking forwards to getting this one going.

Cheers
S
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Hi Papa,

1. No brawl - there is melee instead.
2. you can drop effort, stamina, agility and charisma - no use for them. just the luck and idea.
3. skill points are allocated using your INT and EDU. not sure what is the Profession: 300 you wrote is.
4. Yes, the base skill points are changed from the regular BRPG rules. good that you used the ones I posted.

Since Frog is a little sneaky thief, he is sent to the mines to clear stones and crawl through narrow niches and tunnels, delivering food and water to the workers. To prevent him from escaping, there is a collar around his neck with a transmitter. His expected release from prison is 15 years.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I updated the NPC list with 3 NPCs.
keep them alive. :twisted:
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

royya wrote:Hi Papa,

3. skill points are allocated using your INT and EDU. not sure what is the Profession: 300 you wrote is.
Ok - I was a bit confused by this myself - you said that we use the BRP rules and they state 300 skill points for profession to start, plus 10 * INT extra. I also saw that you said to Mr handy that we get the Edu points (EDU * 20) - so I thought (apparently incorrectly) that we had all three points pools to start with.

If this is not the case then I need to deduct 300 points from my assigned skills - I'm ok doing this, just want clarification that I have understood this correctly.

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Papa:
Yes, you are correct.
deduct 300 points and allocate INTX10 and EDUX20. use the base skills and that's all.
Once you are all ready, I will begin.

All - One last thing I forgot.
In the equipment: write down laborer outfit - it's an orange "glowing in the dark" outfit - so it will be easier to hunt you in the dark.
and below the HP score write Armor score: 0 - the armor score prevents damage, since you have a simple laborer outfit your armor score is 0.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

New player Hellvis posted in the original thread on the "I'm Thinking of Running a Game" board and wants to play.

I've updated my character sheet. Now that I've seen the NPCs, I can see that I made a couple of other mistakes that are also on Strickland's sheet. I hadn't realized that the various sciences were a single skill for each category. I had had all of the skills separate. Now I've consolidated them, and I have Exact Sciences at 35% (not just Physics). I also misunderstood how to calculate Radiation Points, as I was using SIZ + (CON x 1.5) instead of (SIZ + CON) x 1.5 (rounded up). There were no parentheses on the formula, so I just used the regular mathematical order of operations and did the multiplication first before the addition. Now I have 29 Radiation Points, not 24.

The picture on Frog's sheet isn't showing for me, but I was able to see it by copying the picture's URL and navigating directly to it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Ok, I have reworked the skills.

I need a clarification on Hide and Conceal unless we use the BRP rules and just use Hide - one is hiding yourself and one is hiding an object - I don't recall which is which. I have put points into Hide assuming that is hiding yourself - if it should be Conceal then I need to switch the points into that.

Other than that I'm ready to go.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, you have it right. Hide is for hiding yourself, Conceal is for hiding other stuff.

Another thing I've noticed is that you have EDU 9, and the rules say the minimum age is EDU+6, which means you'd have to be 15 if Roy is enforcing that. But he might not, as this is a homebrew system. Also, I think the various science skills (Exact Sciences, Humanities Sciences, Life Sciences, and Social Sciences) are grouped together with each of the four groups being one skill rather than broken up into separate skills, but if you don't have points in any of them it doesn't matter as much.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Yes, sorry for no clarifying this but the sciences skills are grouped together - Syrinx and Papa - please fix
As for the Radiation points - it's (SIZ+CON) X 1.5. Syrinx - your score should be 38

Papa - the age issue is not a problem. Hide and conceal - exactly as Mr. Handy stated.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Uh, OK. Got that now. Ready to escape this Rock!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Is Hellvis going to be joining us? He posted that he was interested in the thread in "I'm Thinking of Running a Game," and I think we have room for another player.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Mr. Handy wrote:Is Hellvis going to be joining us? He posted that he was interested in the thread in "I'm Thinking of Running a Game," and I think we have room for another player.
I PMed him.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Please keep and update your own character sheet with current HP and equipment. You do not own a bag now so carrying is with your own hands.

Keep in mind that eating food and drinking water costs radiation points and both a infected by radiation. The chances of finding pure food and drink is quite rare then finding various chems to lower your radiation point and increase your addiction. Last time you ate and drank was in the prisoner's morning meal.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Btw. have you seen Doomsday? UK is a prison island....
TVblog

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Note: Each time to pass a skill check, please indicate your success with '*' beside the skill name for later improvement.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I'm waiting for Papa to post an action for Frog.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Hi all

I'm going into hospital tomorrow for major surgery to my back.

I'm told that they have wi-fi in the hospital but I probably won't be able to post again until Sunday - but that will be dependant on the type of post-operative pain-care I'm on. I'm sure any posting I make whilst doped up on morphine will be interesting if not actually relevant to the storyline.

See you on the other side.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yup, see you in the Dreamlands. And get well soon.
/Dave
TVblog

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Get well, I will take care of your PC.

Return to “Escape from the UK”