General OOC

Alternate future, post WWII apocalyptic game.

More than 80 years ago, the war known as WWII broke in Europe, now, in the year of 2020 most of the world is a barren wasteland caused by the many nuclear and bio-weapon that were used by the Reich's empire of "Germania" to dominate most of the planet.
You are simple prisoners on the British penalty island that was known in the past to be the United Kingdom. A chance to escape from the terror regime came up, will you succeed?

Moderator: royya

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

General OOC

Post by royya »

Hi all.
I will open new thread under the Misc folder for you to post characters, a thread about the game's background and another one for house rules.
I guess that my post rate will be once or twice in two to three days.
I wish us all a pleasant time and to bring the game to an end, either successful :P or failure :twisted: .

Guidelines for building a character will be posted under Misc/house rules with a updated character sheet and explanations.

-Roy-
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Re: General OOC

Post by royya »

I posted the house rules and the history.
I'm off to a weekend with the family so enjoy fleshing up characters.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Have a good one!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Have fun!

I'm not sure what the base levels of some of the new skills are, but it looks like Strickland Thule has been shortchanged. Spot Hidden has a base skill of 25%, so it should only take 35 points to get up to 60.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sure, but I felt that the circumstances to get proper education in the fallout era was quite poor. His skill set is rather good for an explosive expert thief anyways. I didn't use any of the base skill levels, just added the points from scratch. We'll see if he'll live to regret my mistake.
Cheers!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The EDU stat doesn't just represent formal education, but also the "school of hard knocks." Just surviving in this world is a valid learning experience. I noticed that you didn't have an EDU stat, and it looks like you must have used character creation from Basic Roleplaying, which I don't have - I just used standard CoC rules with the new skills. You're losing 40 points on Climb alone by using 0 as the base, and overall you're robbing yourself of close to 100 points. We may all regret it if you don't spend all of your points, as our characters will depend on each other. You didn't put any points into Sneak, and languages are a concern too. Does Thule speak English? If not, Liz could at least translate for him if he speaks German, but that might get awkward. If you don't have anything else to do with your points, you could always put some into combat skills. Liz doesn't have any at all (which hasn't stopped her from kicking major butt in Watch the World Burn, but she's been extremely lucky there), and the only one you have is Explosives.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Yes, I forgot to write down the ase skills numbers. I'll do it now, so check in 5 min.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

The germans do know how to speak English in the camps but German is wide spread and is a second official language but most of the formal papers are written in German and people do know how to communicate. the base skill for German (if you are not one) is higher due it being a wide spread language
EDU like Mr. Handy wrote is hard knock live
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It looks like some of the skills have different base levels than in Call of Cthulhu, so I guess these are from BRP. You have Library Use as 05%, whereas CoC has it at 25%. I may need to recalculate some of my skills tomorrow. You also have Navigate and Track at 15% instead of 10%, the Exact Sciences, Archaeology and Anthropology at 05% instead of 01%, History at 05% instead of 20%, and Handgun and Rifle have their base scores switched. Psychology and Life Sciences aren't listed, but Psychology is 05% and Biology is 01% in CoC.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Papa Gateau »

Hey, I'm off on holiday with my kids til the 26th.

I'll sort my character out whilst I'm on the train tomorrow and post it up in the evening.

I will try and post at least once a day whilst on holiday (I'll have my laptop with me).

Cheers
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Martial Arts was another skill that is now 05% instead of 01%.

I've adjusted Liz's skills, and I think she's ready now. It hurts losing those 20 points from Library Use having its base skill dropped from 25 to 05, but getting German for free at 30% more than makes up for it, along with an extra 4 points for Physics having a higher base skill. I decided to leave Library Use at a reduced level and bump up my Fast Talk, and I also put some more points into Computer Use.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Mr. Handy wrote:It looks like some of the skills have different base levels than in Call of Cthulhu, so I guess these are from BRP. You have Library Use as 05%, whereas CoC has it at 25%. I may need to recalculate some of my skills tomorrow. You also have Navigate and Track at 15% instead of 10%, the Exact Sciences, Archaeology and Anthropology at 05% instead of 01%, History at 05% instead of 20%, and Handgun and Rifle have their base scores switched. Psychology and Life Sciences aren't listed, but Psychology is 05% and Biology is 01% in CoC.
Yes, not much libraries and access to books and papers in this barren place. People get used to track things in these harsh says so it is higher.
Since German is a wide spread language you have abase skill of 30% and martial arts, well, again, the world is tough.
The game will focus on survival skills more than clue gathering ... but I will try to use all the skills.
I will look at the characters soon and will approve them so long you have a good (and approved) background story for the skills.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Mr. Handy - here are my comments for Liz

Remember that on the prison island there are only robots, turrets and the green mainframes that you can hack.

What Liz did in her past is to work and gain experience (without getting paid much by the Germans) so she would be able to live and get fed. She worked as you said in a robots factory in Ireland. Ireland as you might know from the background is a vacation island for the Germans and not much non-germans are living there, most escaped to Canada and those who didn't were sent to the UK. So I say, to flavor your background, say that you parents were sent to the UK prison island and you have not heard from them since.
Now, since you stole information and sabotaged robots and etc and was caught finally you were sent to a labor camp in Bristol (information will be added later about this).

Today Liz work assignments in the labor camps are: she is placed in the electronic shed - fixing lamps, batteries, flashlights, radio tubes and due to her background, though quite rarely, she is giving access to fix the radio Eyebots from time to time. These eyebots travel the land and spread the german propaganda and news. Her main work is to join the coal and stone mines or the underground uncontaminated water basins with the workers, replacing the lamps along the tunnels, taking care of the lan phone lines, the generators and the water pumps. A work that never ends.
She is expected to get a release from the camp in 30 years.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Syrinx - If you prefer to play a looter or some sort of a bandit that was caught, than I suggest changing the aryan race ... maybe to Danish or Dutch person. The image will fit better:). You picked up a lot of skills that are typical for a burglar or a local thief so think about it. But you can keep the aryan race but than you must be an ex soldier that was imprisoned due to a crime of some sort.

As a prisoner you are assigned to mine the coal and iron mines and work in the stone quarries until you die or a parole in 20 years.

Your EDU score is missing - 3d6+3.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi guys! Sorry for the late response. I've been using the BRP quick start rules for Strickland. Changed name to Roland and nationality to Scandinavian. Got +85% from counting off the base skills from the brp.pdf, adding to sneak and own language, German and English. Still no skill in melee or weapons. Might tweak that a little.

brp.pdf

Code: Select all

SKILL POINT
ALLOCATION

Allot 300 points to profession
skills; no skill begins higher than
75%. If factors increase a skill to
75% or more skill points being
added, do not add any additional
skill points.

PERSONAL
POINT POOL
INT x 10 to create your
personal skill point pool,
spending them on any skills you
like. The total must not exceed the
skill limit for game type set above.
I'll be adding the EDU score right now,
/Dave
TVblog

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Syrinx - check the base skill numbers and correct your skills accordingly. Don't forget to allocate new points due to EDU.

All - I wrote a prologue - this can help you flesh up your background and skills.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OK, made a new calculation and used coc-base skills according to Mr.Hamdy's sheet. Got some points over for handgun and melee.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I just fixed one other mistake; I'd forgotten to adjust the base skill for History from 20% to 05%. Everything looks good now, and I'm ready to start when everyone else is.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Syrinx - I wrote the base skills values in the house rules thread adjacent to each skill. They differ slightly from the original CoC base skills so check it up, see if they are identical to what you wrote.
I will wait for Papa to build a character as well. We can wait a day or two for him - he is on vacation.
I will post up the NPCs in the meantime.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Strickland's Dodge skill is listed at 14%, but it should be 28% (DEX x 2). Also, his History base skill will need to be changed from 20% to 05%, as my error was copied over to his sheet. I don't think his HP are listed, but he should have 13.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Escape from the UK”