Page 1 of 1

Chapter 2: Fugitives on the run

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:18 pm
by royya
Light penetrates occasionally from the broken upper windows of the squash room, it is morning and the sky can be seen through the broken glass windows . The sky is still covered with a blanket of stratus clouds with occasional gap. It been hours since the almost fatal battle, Liz and the others begin to wake as the effect of the drug that was placed in the water they drank begin to fade off.
You spot the dead bodies of the family ... Frog and Roland lies unconscious on the floor, they are both wounded quite bad.

"They drugged us ... and these two saved us"
Jeffrey says as he sits, holding his head with one hand and motions with the other to Roland and Frog
"Oh...god ..."
Natasha says and crawls to treat Roland and Frog with torn cloth she takes from the dead. [First aid success - Frog and Roland +3 hp]

A shovel, Two handguns and a shotgun are lying on the floor. They are all ran out of bullets and shells, their empty cases and clips are thrown on the floor among empty bottles and cans of food that several hours ago were part of a lovely dinner that went wrong.

Half an hour later Frog and Roland wake up. Kevin is guarding the door with the shovel in one hand. He is looking nervously to the corridor.

Re: Chapter 2: Fugitives on the run

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:13 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz gasps when she awakens and crosses her arms over her chest, drool dripping from the corner of her mouth. When she takes in the scene, she sighs with relief. "I was terrified I'd wake up with one of those guys on top of me," she says. She helps Natasha tend to Frog and Roland. "Thank you so much!" she says when they wake up. "I don't know what happened after I blacked out, but you've saved us. We should search the bodies and take anything of use first. The guns are all empty, but there may be more bullets and shells about this place. And now that the power's on, I'd like to take a look at that computer. They seemed awfully keen on keeping me away from it."
OOC,[b]Frog[/b] was injured twice, which means each injury can benefit from First Aid. Were the 3 points he got back the total of two successful First Aid rolls, or were they from one?

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:39 am
by Papa Gateau

Frog prods gingerly at the wound to the back of his head where he was hit by the shovel, wincing. He gets up and retrieves his pistol and clip.

There's a spare gun 'ere if any youse know 'ow ta use it but we ain't got no bullits. An' that fukker tha' was on top of me is still alive. I say we finish him off, 'less any of youse wanna to talk ta 'im first. But we still finish 'im off when we don'e talkin' wiv im, right? Fukkers tried to kill all of us, they fukkin deserve ta die! he looks at the others and smiles sheepishly

Glad youse all ok, I fought they'd poisoned ya and you was all dead like. Ah fuk me 'ead 'urts an' I got a ragin' thirst on too. Anyone got any water?

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:36 pm
by royya
OOC:   BTW- there are rubber helmet and a police vest - both together will give an armor of 3 to the wearer - meaning damage reduction of 3.
The +3 hp to Frog was a sum of two first aid checks,  
No Frog. The man we pulled of you bled to death ... your cloth are covered with his blood.
Natasha says to Frog

The generator worked all night and the fuel ran out. I think we saw more tanks beside it.
Jeffrey says.
We can turn it ON once more and check the computer but so long there are lights and electricity over here I think we risk getting caught by the Germans. They will send parties to investigate the ambush zone and to search for prisoners

The dead trio (wear regular cloth which can be taken and switched with the prisoner's outfit. You find a magnetic door card and a note with a password in Randy's (the dead father) pocket.

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, he can't tell us anything now," says Liz. "He's too dead. Good riddance, anyway. This password might be for the computer, and I'd wager the card opens the cafeteria door. We'd need the power on to use both, but we can just turn it on briefly and then shut it right back off. If it was on all night and nobody noticed, I doubt a few more minutes will matter. Whatever's in the cafeteria could be important. We might not be the first people they've tried to abduct, so we may find captives in there. Also food, and possibly water, though there's some in the restroom if you don't mind the radiation. Also the drugged stuff, but you don't want that. If there are enough guns left over after everyone who knows how to use them has taken one, I'd like one. I'm not much good in a fight otherwise. There's bound to be more ammo around here somewhere, but if not even an empty gun can be useful. One of you gents should take the armour and the helmet, since you're both wounded and like to be involved if there's more trouble."
OOC,What size are the armor and the clothes? Who would they best fit?

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:57 pm
by royya
OOC:   The police vest has straps that can be loosen or tighten so any grown up can use them by adjusting the straps.  
Roland, go ahead and take the vest, you are in a need of some protection.
Kevin says
I say we stash the empty bottles in the tennis bag the dead son brought and fill them up for later use.

Jeffrey, come with me, we'll secure the corridor and the entrance while the other tend to the generator and he computer.

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, we can always fill the bottles," says Liz. "I'll stand by at the computer with the password. One of you chaps should take the magnetic card and be ready to open the cafeteria with it once the lights come on."
OOC,Okay, thanks, but which of us could the regular clothing fit?

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:54 pm
by Papa Gateau

Frog grabs the helmet and straps it to head, it's a little large but he grins foolishly from underneath it Perfick fit, I fink! he goes to the door Come on then, let's see wots all locked up in the caff - hopefully there'll be some grub 'n bullits 'n other goodies he winks at Liz Eh miss? Go do yer stuff with the 'pootah!

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:17 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Right!" says Liz, managing a grin in spite of what has happened here. Being able to get her hands on a computer for the first time in far too long helps lift her spirits, even if it is obsolete. She heads over to the computer to be in position for when the power comes back on.
OOC,Aren't the helmet and vest supposed to be used together? I'm not sure how much protection they'll provide separately.

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:59 pm
by royya
OOC:   The cloth the trio wear are for - Son1 SIZE 8-10, son2 Size 13-15, Father Size 14-16.
The helmet alone gives a damage reduction of 1 hp. The damaged police vest will give only 2.
Papa - please write the helmet and the DR on your sheet. Syrinx, jot down the police vest on your sheet.  
There is another full tank beside the generator so you fill up the generator and turn it ON.
The electronic padlock next to the cafeteria powers on but you must click a password of numbers and not to slide a card through it. The card must belong to another door somewhere in the building. Liz starts the computer and enters the password they found on the note the father carried. In the simple terminal they find files of past members, entrance fees and a recent file, dated two month ago with a series of numbers. the name of the file is "cafe_pass.txt".

There is another interesting file that contains a short log written by the father Randy.
The log described a journey from Birmingham where they left his wife to die after a bandit raid. The journey from the north to the region of London through the wasteland of central U.K. Somehow they survived after Randy describes several battles against mutated animals, ghouls and hermits on the way. Their adventures describe fleeing from Reading after being chased by mutants from their past dwelling (A supermarket). Several words about the head of the slum town of Wokingham (that is not far from where you are) describing the man as a nasty lunatic priest, their raids on the M4 highway against merchants and loners and this place they decided to call home two month ago.

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:16 pm
by Mr. Handy

Liz opens up the "cafe_pass.txt" file, reasoning that it probably has the password for the cafeteria.
OOC,I'll take the clothes worn by the first son, as they'd fit me best. They might fit [b]Kevin[/b], they'd just be a little tight. I don't think the other two will fit anyone other than [b]Jeffrey[/b], who already has new clothes from the mine, but we can always take the other outfits with us to trade later, or they can hang loosely on smaller people. As for the guns, [b]Kevin[/b] and [b]Roland[/b] both have points in Handgun skill, so it would make sense for them to carry the pistols. Anyone can use the shotgun at 30%, but it's best to give it to someone who doesn't have any points in fighting skills.

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:01 pm
by royya
The file contains a single line with the password of the cafeteria. trying the password on the padlock opens the doors.
Kevin take some wooden and brick debris and scatter them between the doors to prevent them from closing. "That will do the trick"
Jeffrey close the entrance door to the compound as he mutters something about not wanting to be ambushed.

All of the Tables of the cafeteria are ruined and stocked in a pile in one side of the big room. The pile is surrounded by a pool of water that came from an unseen cracks.
The counter is covered with mold and muck and the shelves that were above it are ruined and scatter the floor around it. One light bulb is all that is left, hanged from the ceiling with a simple metal cord and it flickers, casting shadows around the place. There is a door behind the counter to the right, probably leading to the kitchen. Several windows line the walls but someone, maybe from the family, barred and nailed them with wood planks.
OOC:   *please roll listen and spot hidden. - drop -20% from the skill level of the spot hidden due to dim light and shadows.  

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:16 am
by royya
Liz,Liz hears insect hisses from the pile of tables and chairs but it is too dark over there to see what cause the noise.

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"I hear some sort of insect hissing over there," whispers Liz, pointing out a pile of tables and chairs. "Might be more roaches, but do they hiss? I don't want to light the lantern, that could draw them."

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:31 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOC:   Listen[50]- [dice]0[/dice]
Spoty hidden [50-20] - [dice]1[/dice]  

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:00 am
by royya
The place is dumb but the door over there probably lead to the kitchen.
Kevin says

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:18 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Then let's try it and avoid the insects," Liz whispers back.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:03 pm
by royya
There is something in the darkness, probably another mutated insect that gives up the adventure in fighting the humans that came into is dwelling.
You cross the main cafeteria room and enter the kitchen.

The opposite wall of the kitchen from where you came is lined with metalic shelves, cooking counters are lined along the wall to the left and stoves are to the right.
Many open cans, rusted pots, plates and cutlery are scattered on the floor with stains of past food, mildew, slime and mold all over. On the higher shelves you spot food!!
The family placed cans of food up there - you spot some cans of beans, pickles, corns and various rationed vegetables. (All the cans are enough for 4 days w/o being fatigued)
There are two bottled of whiskey next to the rations.

A buzzing is heard from another door that leads into a refrigerator. The door is closed.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's load all that food and whiskey into the backpack," says Liz. "We need to see what's in the fridge, but we'll have to be careful. That buzzing could be another insect."

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:13 pm
by royya
No, this buzzing is electricity mam. The refrigirator is working
Kevin replies as you begin to pack the cans into the tennis bag you took from the dead son.

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"Oh, that's a relief," says Liz, exhaling. "Of course, any perishable food is like to be ruined, as the power has been off for some time, but it's worth a look." She tries the refrigerator door.

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:16 pm
by Papa Gateau

Yeah, right - let's see what grub we got in 'ere then Frog moves over to the refrigerator and tugs on the door handle with Liz

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:55 am
by royya
Ohh....The stench! The Horror !!!

As you open the door you find a half eaten corpse of a human, hanging from the ceiling with a hook that was driven through the back.
The head is gone and the legs were probably eaten in the past, part of the fat and the lower inside parts from the abdomen were removed and all that was left intact is the torso and the two arms. A dried pull of blood stains the floor beneath the body while a machete is hanging from another hook on the wall next to it.

The remains of a dead wild boar and a mutated roach are on a table in the end of the room.

But not all is lost ... the next meal is tied, blindfolded, aggressively to a pipe in the wall. A woman with a dirty blond hair struggles with no hope as you enter the room.

Kevin and Natasha go back to the cafeteria, vomiting last night meal as they realize the family were cannibals.

Jeffrey turns to Frog "If it wasn't for your bravery that killed them, we were a future meal"

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:11 am
by Papa Gateau

Frog turns to Jeffrey You maybe! There ain't nuffink but bones and gristle on me! I ain't worf the trubble of stringin' up! he lets out a cackle and moves over to wall and takes down the machete and then onto the woman tied to the pipe.

Holding the machete in his right hand, he pulls the blind fold down from her eyes with his left and says to in quiet voice

Awrigh' luv, we ain't gonna 'urt ya, we gonna rescue ya. Okay? Don't scream or do nuffink stupid awrigh? We've fixed them uvvers up that put yer in 'ere, they ain't gonna 'urt or eat nobody no more. he pauses and looks at her, to make sure she understands Righ' I'm gonna cut yer loose now - don' move, I don' wanna cut yer, awrigh? Okay? he waits for her to nod her assent or acknowledge what he says.

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:45 am
by Seon
"Oh thank heavens," the woman says. Her eyes seem dazed from the long period without light, but she quickly scans the room anyways, just to make sure that she is indeed being rescued. Her eyes linger for few moments on the human torso hanging on hooks and seem... almost disappointed.

"Errr... this may be a strange question to ask while being rescued and all, but have you noticed some ghouls on the way here? Looks like a well toasted human, usually unintelligent, and healed by radioactive wastes?

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"I haven't seen anything like that," says Liz. "My name's Liz, by the way. Are you injured?"

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:22 am
by Papa Gateau

You avin' a joke misses? Ghools? Nah ain't seen nuffink like that. he looks at her strangely

People call me Frog, wot we gonna call you?

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:17 pm
by Seon
"Well, shit. Did you say that they were dead? Disappointing."

She sighs. "You may call me Doctor Crawford. Now, could you kindly remove my binds?

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:30 pm
by Papa Gateau

Frog puts on a faux female voice in imitation of Dr. Crawford

You may call me doctor crawfaawd. he mimics before dropping back to his normal voice

Tha'sa righ' fukkin' mouf full, I'm gonna call yer Posh, nice'n'easy.

Well watch yer pinkies, Posh, don't want ta be avin' to sew them back on if I miss with this 'ere chopper
he brandishes the machete before moving around and cutting her bonds.

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:17 pm
by Seon
"Oh, I wouldn't worry about it. Wouldn't be the last pinkie I had to sew back together. Reattached some fingers just a few months ago, in fact! Although the guy still can't type 'a' on the keyboard and stopped capitalizing his letters. Huh."

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:24 pm
by Papa Gateau

Ha, yer a funny one Posh.

So wots yer story, Owd a posh one like you end up dahn 'ere

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:01 pm
by Seon
"I'm from Churchillstown, run a little clinic and a laboratory there," Dr. Crawford says. "I was just gathering samples of local fauna and flora which appear to thrive in radioactive and toxic environment in order to further my research in pharmacological solution of radiation damage on human vital organs. Some people told me that they had a live speciman for me, but instead drugged me. And here I am,"

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"They drugged us too," says Liz. "We came here looking for shelter for the night, and we didn't know anyone was still here at first, but they noticed when I turned on the genny and came downstairs. They pretended to be nice and shared their food and water with us, but the water was drugged. Only Frog and Roland hadn't drank any yet by the time we started dropping. If it weren't for them..." She shudders with distaste. "I had a feeling they might be cannibals when the father called us their 'dinner...guests,' but I went night-night before I could do anything. We're heading for Churchillstown, as it happens. We could all travel together."

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:48 pm
by Seon
"Wunderbar," Doctor Crawford says. "Quite a few people there owe me favors... once we go there, I'll be sure to repay you for saving my life."

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:36 pm
by Papa Gateau
Seon wrote:"I'm from Churchillstown, run a little clinic and a laboratory there," Dr. Crawford says. "I was just gathering samples of local fauna and flora which appear to thrive in radioactive and toxic environment in order to further my research in pharmacological solution of radiation damage on human vital organs. Some people told me that they had a live speciman for me, but instead drugged me. And here I am,"
Frog looks from Crawford to Liz with a look of bafflement on his face

She speakin' Inglish? Don' unnerstan' 'ardly anythin' that comes outta 'er mouf

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:29 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I can understand her just fine," says Liz. "Of course, I am a consummate nerd. Basically, she's a scientist trying to find stuff that is helped by radiation rather than harmed by it. It's in aid of making drugs that will heal radiation damage in humans. I found out a bit about the way ahead from the computer's files, but we should finish searching this place before we set out. We haven't even been upstairs yet, and that may be where we'll find ammo."

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:43 am
by royya
Seon,clearly Dr. Crawford can see that some of the members are prisoners, they wear prisoners laborer outfits.
Unless you take some of the "Human-boar-roach" meat from the refrigerator there is nothing else to find here.

You gather your stuff and head out of the kitchen and out of the cafeteria. The corridor are quite and the entrance door is barred (Jeffrey somehow managed to bar it). You head to the stairs in the end of the hallway and reach the second story. A sign hanging from the ceiling reads "Managements, Gym and Solarium".

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:22 pm
by Seon
"So, uh," Doctor Crawford says. "Why are you guys wandering around here? You don't seem to be... normal traders and mercenaries. Or prospectors or whatever the hell the scavengers and urchins are calling themselves now."

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:47 pm
by Papa Gateau

Frog glances sidelong at Crawford

Fer real? This 'ere orange jumpsuit ain'ta big enuf clue for ya? he rolls his eyes let's jus say we is wot my ol' gaffer called libraters and the firs' fing we librated woz ourselfs.

Now we tryin' ter find uvver stuff ter librate - like clobber that ain't glow-in-da-dark orange an' grub an' uvver fings yer need to live.

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:56 pm
by Mr. Handy

"The lot that tried to eat us don't need it any more," says Liz. "Be a shame to let it go to waste."
OOC,What doors are there up here?

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:27 pm
by Seon
"Oh, I sympathize with that completely," Doctor Crawford says. I do want to see if I can recover any of my gear, after all. I miss my scalpel dearly. I had one named Sophie. Always kept it in my coat. She used to have the most interestingly colored kidney--presumably the effects of eating food laced with radiation and unknown toxins.

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:19 pm
by Papa Gateau

Frog glances at Crawford again before turning to look at Liz and twirling his finger by his temple in the universal sign indicating someone is crazy.
Frog thinking:   she's a fukin' nutjob, gonna a keep my eye on 'er or she'll cut us all up fer speriments and fun  

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:25 pm
by royya
The solarium room is door less, the door long gone. A quick glance into the solarium find the place ruined (machine, one chair and a table) and useless.

The double doors of the gym are barred with a chain that can be easly removed from where you stand. Probably it is ment to keep whatever inside from getting to the corridor.

There are two more doors in the end of the corridor.

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:37 pm
by Seon
"Oh goodie, a locked door!" Dr. Crawford coos towards the gymnasium barricade. "I wonder what's behind it. But first of all, let's go see what we can scrounge up. Never go into a dangerous and unknown place without a pistol in one hand, I always say." she giggles. "Speaking of which, why did the Germans lock you people up in those prison facilities? How did you escape?"

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm Liz Penhaligon, the notorious hacker known as The Dragon," says Liz with a touch of pride. "They were transporting us to a work camp in Bristol when the convoy got ambushed by mutants. The driver of our vehicle was killed, and we were able to flee. You're right, we'd best search the other rooms before we remove that chain. We've got two pistols and a shotgun, but it would be nice if we could find some ammo to put in them."

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:55 am
by royya
One door show the faint sign of "keep out" - the place is an old storage with metal shelves. probably held in the past clean sheets, towels and similar things long gone and pillaged. All that is left is a heavy layer of dust and mold. There is a metal rusted ladder going up to an hatch - probably to the roof. It is closed and barred from the inside.

The other room is accessible with a key card. A sign on the door reads "Managment". Using the key card you took from the father opens the door.
Piled matresses as beds, chairs, desks, towels, cloth, old porn magazines and more indicate that this place is where the trio lived.

In a sided room you spot 5 computers.

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:46 am
by Papa Gateau

Frog heads in to the living quarters of the deceased trio and starts searching, looking for anything worth scavenging but in particular clothes and ammunition. As he does so he says to Crawford Like I said, I'm a librater an' I was librating some bits'n'pieces when I 'it a bit a bad luck, slipped 'n fell righ' in ter the 'ands of jerry, then like Lizzy sez, we 'it a bit o' good luck and made a break fer it

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:10 pm
by royya
Next to one bed you find a small box with 16 pistol bullets. Under another matress you find a 8mm mauser hunting rifle with 8 bullets. No shotgun shells.
Inside a file cabinet you find 2 medkits, a set of regular cloth (size 8-10), police officer uniform (size 11-13), A woman's evening dress like one wears for a prom (size 6-8). Another cabinet holds some toys, cards, domino and a chess board.

An improvised laundry thread holds towels. Below it there is a large crate that holds a police baton, hand grenade and more porn magazines.
There is a large jerikan with water behind the door you just entered from and on a shelf that probably held in the past the photos of the manager family you find a shampoo and some soaps.
There are three tennis bags thrown in the next room where the computers are. On one of the tables next to the window there is a flowerpot with mint leaves.

"Wow, a treasure!!"
Natasha says
"With those medkits I can heal anyone hurt"

*Please roll spot hidden

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:39 pm
by Papa Gateau

Jackpot! calls Frog as he rifles through the kit Whose got the uvver the pistol? We can share the bullitts! My one takes 8!

Hey Doc Posh there stuff 'ere that you might like - doctorin' stuff yer know!

Spot Hidden,Target 50 - [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:14 pm
by royya
Below a loose floorboard you find a credit stick with 130 credits (This is the money)
A metal lunchbox holds the following drugs: RADaway, 2 Mentats, 1 Hyper, 1 Turbo.
Drugs,RADaway: Cure Radiation damage. -5 to Rad Turbo: A buffout drug +2 STR for combat ; +1d6 Temp HP ; CONX4 addiction or 1d6 fatigue HP until another one is taken. Hyper: Pump your heart faster. Gains +1d8 temp HP for 1d4 hours ; CONX5 addiction or 5 fatigue HP for 1d4 hours. Mentats: Removes Fatigue lose ; No need of sleep ; CONX4 addiction or -1d4 POW loss until another one is taken..

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz takes a good look around. "I think Roland had the other pistol, but I'm not sure. I'll take the empty shotgun if nobody else wants it. Maybe we'll find more shells later, and it's still a decent club." She looks through the clothing, smiling when she sees the evening dress. "Ooh, pretty! Too small for me, but it should fit you perfectly, Natasha. And these regular clothes are just my size." She checks out the computer room and looks through the tennis bags, then checks out the computers to see if they still work.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:27 pm
by royya
Please roll electronics for each of the five computers.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:24 pm
by Seon
"i'll be taking this," Dr. Crawford mutters out as she grabs the hunting rifle and the rifle ammo. She glances down at the metal lunch box. Ooh! Mentats! Radaway! These things are getting more difficult to come by. Mind if I take these pharmaceuticals?"

Dr. Crawford moves to examine the soap and shampoos. She could certainly find some use for that...

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:22 pm
by royya
Only the last computer is currently connected to the power outlet in the wall. Liz can try and plug them all one at a time but she finds that the second and third computers are burned without repair.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz starts by trying out the last computer, since it's already hooked up to the outlet. After that she intends to check the first and fourth computers.

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:36 pm
by Papa Gateau

I'm gonna keep an eye out fron'. Don' wont no-one creepin' up on us

He walks out and looks for a window that overlooks the pool

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:42 pm
by royya
Papa Gatea,please roll a spot check
The computer starts up ...

Liz finds a list of country members and accounts. The files are old and dated many tens of years ago ... the only new file is a crude pixel image file of a map of the region, indicating the surrounding area. The ruined, manless and mutants infested city of Reading is not far to the north. To the south and west are large forests mixed with barren toxic land, to the east someone marked a dot that reads "Wokkingham".

The first computer seems to be burned as well. The fourth computer begin to upload as sparks begin flare around, a moment pass and the mainframe explodes.
*Liz needs to pass a dodgeX2 skill roll or suffer 2 damage as she failed the electronics check on that computer*

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:36 pm
by Papa Gateau
Spot Hidden,Target[50] - [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yow!" Liz shrieks and jumps back, a little too slow to avoid the sparks. She borrows some medical supplies and quickly puts ointment on her electrical burns, but she doesn't recover completely. "Bloody hell," she mutters. "Well, at least we found the map. We'd best avoid Reading at all costs, and those forests and toxic land don't look good. That leaves east to Wokkingham. The file I found on the computer downstairs will also help guide us when we're done here and ready to leave."

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:24 pm
by royya
Frog catch something that just went past the main far gates of the park but he failed to see what it was and he was the only one looking through the windows outside.
The others began to pack the treasures you found in the office while Liz checked the computers.
OOC for all,I count on you guys to jot down your findings on your characters sheets.
What now ? I think we are over here right ?
Kevin says

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"Once we change into our new clothes and gather all our stuff, I think we're done," says Liz. "Unless we've missed a room somewhere. Oh, we'd best shut off the genny before we go. No sense drawing notice to this place."
OOC,I wrote down a few of the things on my character sheet that nobody else had claimed, but I'm not sure who else wants what. Can we please get a list of everything we found here?

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:43 pm
by Papa Gateau

Oi you lot, we might 'ave comp'ny Frog calls over his shoulder I fink I saw somefink move down by the gates out front.

Dunno wot it wos tho'.

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:22 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Bloody hell," mutters Liz. "All right, we'd best get moving, then." She collects her things and hurries to join him.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:48 pm
by Papa Gateau

Frog pulls his freshly reloaded pistol from his belt Let's go see wots sneakin' aroun' dahn there. Best shut of the jenny like ya sed Lizzy
Loot,Frog has taken the following: 8 bullets, if no one lays claim to the other pistol, then he will take all 16 bullets 1 machete 1 helmet He will also take whatever clothes fit him or can be modified easily to fit him.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:24 pm
by royya
You shutdown the generator, silence falls on the place, leaving the wind outside and through the cracks in the building the only source of noise around.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm sure someone can use the other pistol. A few of the other characters have Handgun skill, though [b]Sam[/b] has the rifle, [b]Roland[/b]'s player hasn't been around, and [b]Kevin[/b] (who has the best skill) is an NPC. Can we please get a complete list of what we found? So far I've marked down the regular SIZ 8-10 clothes and the empty shotgun (which I'm hoping has a strap to make it easier to carry) on my character sheet,

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:36 pm
by royya
Standing near the entrance of the building or watching from one of the broken windows outside reveals nothing new. The main gates are 2 minutes walking distance if you wish to check for any tracks and even see what lies on the overgrown road that in previous times was the main entrance to automobiles into the compound.
According to the low resolution old road map the trail outside probably leads to several roads that are supposed to connect to the main road - the previously highway that leads to London.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's check the main gates first," suggests Liz. "Whoever or whatever passed by may have left tracks, and we can check out the road while we're there."

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:31 pm
by royya
Who ever goes outside to check the gate needs to roll a spot check and stealth check if they wish to do it silently

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:47 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Frog[/b]'s better suited to do that. I'm not very sneaky.

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:03 am
by Seon
"I'm not so good at sneaking business. Maybe we could go to the roof of this building to get a vantage point? If it's hostile, we would also have the height advantage on them."

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good thinking," says Liz. "With your rifle, you'll be able to cover the gate area. I'm not very sneaky either. Frog, do you think you're up to it?"

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:29 pm
by royya
In the absence of Frog's player

Yes I am. I will go silently to the gate to see who is snealing on us.
With that he leaves the room...

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:28 pm
by Papa Gateau

Frog heads down towards the gate and has a quick scout around, looking and listening for the figure that he saw creeping around
Rolls,Sneak[75] [dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden[55] [dice]1[/dice] Listen[50] [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:48 am
by royya
While the others wait and watch from the broken windows of the secodn story, Frog sneaks outside, his sneaking is so good that the others fails to spot him moving through bushed and along the building's wall. Reaching to the gate, Frog hears nothing but crickets and the buzzing of bugs ... There are foot prints in the muddy ground but they lead away further from the area - The prints are boots, a heavy ones that sank deep into the ground ... a tall and heavy humans ... or a mutants are probably the source of the prints but they are nowhere to be seen and probably kept going away.

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:56 pm
by Seon
"Damn it, I can't see a bloody thing," mutters Sam quietly.

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:24 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I hope he's okay," says Liz, worry in her voice.

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:53 am
by Papa Gateau

Frog quickly and quietly returns to the others

Sumfinks out there but I don' fink they hung around. There woz only their footprints but they was big and deep - made by boots.

I fink we set watch and stay here fer the night

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz shakes her head. "We have to keep moving," she says. "The Jerries are sure to come looking for us, and we need to put some more distance between us and them. If they saw the lights, they'll check this place out for certain. We can just avoid that lot that came by on our way out. They might be Jerries for all we know. All we have to do is not go the same direction they did."

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:42 pm
by royya
I agree with Liz, we can head to Wokingham. We can't stay here, sooner or later water will run out.
Kevin says

I thought this place was safe?
Natasha says with a sad low voice

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:39 am
by Seon
"Really?" Doctor Crawford says, raising her eyebrow. "How big we're the footprints? How deep? Are they gone now? Maybe I should go out to investigate the trail."

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:45 am
by Mr. Handy

"We all did," says Liz, resting a comforting hand on Natasha's shoulder. "We found out the hard way that it wasn't. Even with those creeps dead, we can't stay here much longer. After what almost happened to us, I don't think I want to anyway. We can take a look at the tracks on our way out and see what we can tell from them,"

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:19 pm
by royya
The party decides that the waterpark is not safe and gather their belonging and head to the main gates of the compound. Remains of a road can be seen under a blanket of dead leaves and branches, mud and dirt. There are numerous puddles around. The trees are sick and dry and thorny bushes cover the surroundings.
The boots prints travel to the west while, according to the map that you found in the office, Wokingham is supposed to be in the north east.
The sky are gray and wind begin to blow, the last thing that you need is a storm that will join you along the road ...

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, at least they're going the opposite way," says Liz. "We'd best get moving now, before the weather gets worse. We'll move faster along the road, but it's also riskier - we're more likely to run into something bad also using it. Either way, we'll want to cover our tracks as best we can."

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:24 am
by royya
After several hundred meters and along some abandoned collapsed buildings and an overgrown park you reach to a round about. An old rusted sign points to the north and reads "M4". If there was a sign stating what lies in the other ways it is long gone or recycled for other use. You spot the remains of an old bon fire and other debris like rusted cans in the center of the round about.
The area around is densely forested.

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:50 pm
by Papa Gateau

Great, so now we're gonna get wet. Lookslike uvver peeps bin angin' aroun' ere. Not sure we should be 'avin a fire an' tellin' tha world we is 'ere. Let's see if there's somewhere bet'er to get out of the storm

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Wokingham is to the east," says Liz, recalling what she saw on the maps. "That's the way we should be headed. There is a big motorway that leads to London eventually, but it's east of here, not north. I'm pretty sure it's the A4, not the M4."

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:55 am
by royya
No Liz, it's M4 that runs along from Bristol to London.
Jeffrey says
The new Wokingham camp lies on M4 and not the abandoned town. We should had to M4, it's too risky to stay in the woods in the night

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"The M4 it is then," says Liz. "Maybe they both lead to London. Hopefully we can make Wokingham before the storm hits."

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:29 am
by royya
You take the north road to M4 along a thin forested area that turns into an abandoned industrial zone with warehouses, barns and two storied ruined office buildings. After half a kilometer you spot some activity on the road, animals howling and circling something and from above you spot flying ravens. When you get closer coyotes flee from your sight and you see the corpses of two horses and two men lying on the road 100 meters from you.

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy

"We should search the bodies," suggests Liz. "They may have something useful on them. At the very least, their clothes don't glow in the dark, if there's anyone who's still wearing prison garb. But we'll have to be wary of an ambush or trap. We don't know what killed them."

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:21 am
by Seon
"Hang on, let me see the bodies first," Dr. Crawford says. "For all we know, what killed them may still be around. Might be good to see what done them in."

She gets close to examine the corpses for a cause of death
OOC:   do I roll medicine for this?  

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:02 am
by Papa Gateau

Awrigh' doc, off ya trot. I'll wait back 'ere an' come runnin' if it's a trap.

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:49 pm
by royya
The bodies of the horses and the humans are holed with bullets and the coyotes began to chew the abdomen of one of the horses, trying to reach the soft organs within. Beside the blood stained outfits (cloth, boots, belts and hats) of the two men it is looks like both were stripped from their belongings. No sign of the attackers - they might be lurking in the low two stories building around or just left.

Ravens jump around few meters from the group waiting for the opportunity to dine
OOC:   Medicine roll to determine the cause and time of death.  

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:49 pm
by Seon
[Spoiler-Button=for host]invisible castle is dead, could the host roll for me and tell me an alternative for the future?[/Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:54 am
by royya
Medicine: 1d100 90

Dr. Crawford determines that the cause of death is the gun wounds but is unable to determine the weapon and the time of death. The rain that began to pour makes it hard and the sense of danger clouds her mind as she look nervously around.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:04 pm
by Seon
royya wrote:Medicine: 1d100 90

Dr. Crawford determines that the cause of death is the gun wounds but is unable to determine the weapon and the time of death. The rain that began to pour makes it hard and the sense of danger clouds her mind as she look nervously around.
"The body's too old, but they were definitely shot by something," Dr. Crawford says. "Let's just grab what we can off them and get out of here."

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"Whoever killed them prolly took anything of value," says Liz, "but maybe they missed something. It's worth a check, but we'll need to be careful. Some of us need to keep a lookout in case whoever shot them tries to do the same to us." She surveys their surroundings, looking for any sign of an ambush.

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:58 am
by royya
You find some wet cigarettes and unreadable notes. They were stripped from anything valuable.
Prying eyes are looking at you from around, the coyotes are waiting for you to leave ... the bodies will surely attract more dangerous mutated animals in the hours to come.

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:05 pm
by Papa Gateau

So doc, got anyfing interstin'? I reckon we shud get outta 'ere, don' fancy bein' shot and turned inta dog food. Who know wot else is ou' there

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, we should hit the road before the road hits back." says Liz, looking around nervously.

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:11 am
by royya
You leave the industrial area along the road to the highway. Again, you are flanked with woods until you arrive to a clearing 10 minutes afterwards. The highway is not far and the only interesting structure you spot that is not a burned and ruined farm or a barn is a transmission building on your right with high antennas that jut high to the air from the roof. Power lines are connected to the building radiating a faint buzzing sound and a thick and rubber isolated cable runs from the powerlines and the building into the earth, buried deep, leading to an unknown destination. The door to the building is closed.

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"Uh oh," says Liz, swallowing. "We'd best be careful. This could be a Jerry facility. The power's on, so it's still in use." She looks around the area carefully for any other signs of recent activity or indications of who resides in the building, such as a flag.

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:08 pm
by royya
The outside of the building shows no flag or mark.

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"There's no way to be sure who's there without getting a closer look," says Liz. "I'd think the Jerries would be flying their flag, but there isn't one. Maybe it's not them, but that doesn't mean whoever's there will be friendly. Does anyone want to sneak up close and find out?"

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:05 pm
by Papa Gateau

Sahnds like a job fer the migh'y Frog.

Frog stashes what little gear he has with Liz, taking his machete and pistol and sneaks towards the building, keeping a sharp eye and ear out.
Rolls,Sneak[75] - [dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden[55] - [dice]1[/dice] Listen[50] - [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"Cheers, be careful," says Liz as Frog goes on his way. She really hopes he'll be all right. She - and all of the rest of them - would have been doomed without him, and she's grown attached to him. She's never had children, but she thinks of him almost like a son.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:20 am
by royya
As Frog approach the building the annoying buzzing sound over loud any other sound that might be heard from inside the facility. There are no windows to the building but the metal door but the door's knob seems severely damaged. A small, partially broken and vandalized (clearly was not spotted from afar) plaque with the Reich's flag is nailed next to the door and barely reads "Private property of the Reich, Do not enter under Reich's law".
Frog spots and torn rope with a hook on the other side of the building, but the rope is too high to reach and in bad shape.

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:48 pm
by Papa Gateau

Frog approaches the door and looks to see if the damage means he can open it...

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:50 am
by royya
The handle hangs loosely, if Frog will force it it may break but he'll never know unless he will try.

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:57 am
by Papa Gateau

Frog pockets the pistol and uses the machete to lever the door open, ensuring he has a weapon to hand should he need it.

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:28 am
by royya
Papa Gateau wrote:Image

Frog pockets the pistol and uses the machete to lever the door open, ensuring he has a weapon to hand should he need it.
The handle falls on the ground with a weak *puff* but on the other side of the door it falls with a loud thud on a concrete floor.
*roll Idea*

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:59 am
by royya
OOC:   *ping* for Papa  

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:06 pm
by Papa Gateau
Idea roll,Idea[75] - [dice]0[/dice] Sorry - I'm on vacation atm

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:54 am
by royya
Frog,Frog takes another look at the dangling torn rope that hangs from the antenna. Maybe there is an entrance from the roof.
A cool breeze starts, cooling the others as they wait for Frog to return with news. They all saw him try the handle without success.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:27 pm
by royya
NPCing Frog

I broke the handle.
Frog says and shrugs.
There is a torn rope from the roof but I can't reach it. Maybe there is a way in from there.

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'd wager we could give you a boost up so you could reach the rope," suggests Liz. "If you can open the door from the inside, the rest of us could get in too."

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:57 am
by royya
Mr. Handy wrote:Image

"I'd wager we could give you a boost up so you could reach the rope," suggests Liz. "If you can open the door from the inside, the rest of us could get in too."
We can give it a try.
Frog reply and lead the others to the back of the building.

* Papa - Jump of climb check please.

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:45 pm
by Papa Gateau

Frog leaps up, looking for a handhold to start
Roll,Climb[75] - [dice]0[/dice]
his climb

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:11 am
by royya
No handholds, the wall it too slip and wet, he'll have to jump.

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:29 pm
by Papa Gateau

Frog leaps up again, looking for a handhold to start his climb
Roll,Jump[5o] - [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:45 am
by royya
No handholds, the wall is to slippery to climb on but Frog jumps high enough to grab the edge of the roof, he then lifts himself up to the roof.
Among the Antennas he spots a cubical low wall with a hatch. The hatch is closed, remnants of cigarettes and empty whiskey bottles are thrown around.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:26 am
by Papa Gateau

Ensuring that the way is clear Frog quietly moves to the hatch. He checks the hinges, looking to see how rusty they and whether they will make a noise when the hatch is opened.

Tentatively he takes the handle and tests the hatch...

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:58 pm
by royya
The hatch opens, revealing the room below to be a radio transmission chamber.
Computers and control panels with screens and flashing buttons are scattered in the room. There is no one in the room but there is a faint buzzing voice in German that comes from the control panel. Sounds like a repeating propaganda of the third Reich that you can hear in the Radios across the kingdom.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:09 pm
by Papa Gateau
OOC:   Is this a single storey building - can I see the door that I tried earlier?  

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:38 pm
by royya
Frog spots the door and the handle that fell from the inner side, it's on the floor.
There are numerous papers and a radio tranmission device on a desk.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:42 am
by Papa Gateau

Frog lowers himself from the hatch and heads over to the door. He picks up the handle and places it back onto the spindle before tuning it to open the door.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:29 pm
by royya
The door wond budge with a slight push but with a well placed kick and the handle it opens outwards.

*Everyone can enter.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz bounds inside with a huge grin on her face. "Well done, Frog!" she says. "Let's see what we've got here." She makes a beeline for the computer terminals.