Rules, life & the universe - ooc

[world of darkness] origin under another name...

Between cities, between individuals, between now and the end - the choices you make when meeting strangers are utterly important. That is what this game is about.

Characters from previous games are invited as are new ones.

Call of Cthulhu rules (uses 5.6)

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Rules, life & the universe - ooc

Post by Dave Syrinx »

A thread for rules agreements, disagreements and general squabble.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Rules, life & the universe - ooc

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Guys, you may read each others threads if you like. They will be merged as we start the game with "The Drop Chapter ONE".
We are getting quite a few faces in the cast. Feels nice.

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I think Ive got the scene set now. I'm sorry for using pictures en masse. I guess I'm not that comfortable in conveying in words what I want to get through. Hopefully you won't mind that.

Have I missed any of your PMs with suggestions to anything, a hint for roleplay or plainly didn't even see the ball coming? Let me know.

My phrasing might be all weird, but English is not my first language. And.. I've started watching True Detective... Thanks Hal!

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading."
-Rust Cohle
TVblog

DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

If I haven't known English was your second language, I would actually thought you're quite natural at it! Your writing is actually good. The only thing I got confused at first, was wondering what time of day it was, that's all :]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

That threw me too at first, but only because the pictures showed daylight and the text hadn't contradicted them yet.

I started watching True Detective last weekend too, and I'm in the middle of Episode 3 now. I actually got it weeks ago at a steep discount. I picked up used copies of both it and Season 3 of Game of Thrones for a total of $49 - it was a sale where if you buy one, you got the other for $1, and both were $48 used (and normally $80 new). I watched GoT first, which is why it took me a while to get to it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

Sorry I'm away camping with the kids till tuesday :)

Cheers, Hal
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I'll have some assignments for you when you get back! And, send a postcard!
/Dave
TVblog

Waylander
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Post by Waylander »

Hi Syrinx,

This is my first game and I'm really enjoying the work you are putting in. The extra pictures are great for scene setting and I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming next :)

waylander
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Thanks Waylander! Hopefully it's not all too easy to figure out - plotwise.
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

I'm back.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Good!

I on the other hand have been neglecting my keeping of this game. Utterly neglecting it. There's no other excuse than the Stanley Parable of my life - work. Ah, and the continent of Skyrim and the Creation Kit that allows you to create a world of your own... There's where I've been too many hours.

This - this pbp world of creational fiction has been... almost forgotten... no - neglected as I first stated.

Apologies.

Update is coming.

/Dave
TVblog

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Whenever you're ready chief - I'm back and posting regular again now :)
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

It was quite the dead bedroom here and I was beginning to worry if this scenario was dying down. Hope Waylander is still here.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

The board tends to flux between lots of posting to none at all seemingly at random - I suppose its when RL takes over (but secretly like to think that its old Nyarly controlling our actions). This game will be flying again soon enough :)

Cheers, Hal
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

:twisted: Narly it is. It's not dead, just sleeping... no, that was another God!

I really think it's cool that there are places like the one covered in this scenario - for real. Odd, almost desolate and creepy.
TVblog

Return to “An unusual delivery”